Shopping Channel Shows

2 hours ago, imisspuddy said:

Rider - I think I love you!        On a more serious note - hugs to you and your family as you say goodbye to your beloved dog.

Thanks, imisspuddy! Everyone has been do nice with their well wishes about our dog, Lucy. She will be missed. 

I don't mind extra love 😁. I'll take all I can get right now. I look forward to seeing you post more, too. I don't think I see you that often. Maybe I just scan too fast.

Edited by RiderOnTheStorm.

Share Post

2 minutes ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

My husband says she looks like she's done that so many times before....maybe in a dressing room at Needless Markup......

Or after her hour's up at a "high end" motel...

Share Post

@Booney - I again have to tell you how much fun it has been to see these kitties matched up to their doppelganger hosts! 

It occurs to me that VPH "Before" could also be Sandra Bennett, except this little one isn't boring......Sandra has this way of tilting her head all the time when she's listening to a guest that makes me tilt my head when I'm watching her.....so I change channels when I realize I'm doing it.  I get a crick in my neck watching her!

Sandra6.jpg

2 minutes ago, CarpeDiem54 said:

Or after her hour's up at a "high end" motel...

Mr. Lovesmesome just chuckled at this....then said "as if she'd ever be f---able". 

He's a dirty bird, that one.

Edited by lovemesomejoolery.

Share Post

Just now, lovemesomejoolery said:

@Booney - I again have to tell you how much fun it has been to see these kitties matched up to their doppelganger hosts! 

It occurs to me that VPH "Before" could also be Sandra Bennett, except this little one isn't boring......Sandra has this way of tilting her head all the time when she's listening to a guest that makes me tilt my head when I'm watching her.....so I change channels when I realize I'm doing it.  I get a crick in my neck watching her!

Sandra6.jpg

Lol, @lovemesomejoolery, and good call on Sandra and her head tilt. Sandra and VPH together has got to be disorienting!

Share Post

6 minutes ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

Sandra6.jpg

Mr. Lovesmesome just chuckled at this....then said "as if she'd ever be f---able". 

He's a dirty bird, that one.

Loves me a dirty bird!  LOL.  And speaking of chicken and waffles...

0qijy5F-.jpg

Share Post

Sandra and VPH, kind of like the Roxbury Guys...

IMG_0576.thumb.JPG.8f5bb251f1f946d080d35a114115a620.JPG

Share Post

8 hours ago, LGGirl said:

Back to the Loco TSV:

My guess as to why it took two years to develop is because it took that long to procure and negotiate the cheap fabric and lace at the right price point.  

Lori's line is too expensive for me and really isn't all that.  I know there is a large following on the Q but that just goes back to DV'a line (in a previous post) as to creating a feeling.  Lori's goal is to make women feel young and chic.  But the miss for me is her constant pandering to her customers to buy more and wear more, no matter if it matches.  Of course, according to her, everything matches.  Well, it doesn't.  Lori's goal is to line her pocket and doesn't give a fig about her customers and how ridiculous that look.  And that, in my opinion, is the scam. 

This following is merely a rumination triggered by your post:

I'm of two minds re the LOGO stuff. I've got some of her cardigans and tops, and I bought then for three reasons:

1. Some of her styles fit my pear-shape very well, because of the godets and her A-lines, etc., which other designers don't incorporate.
  2. She uses non-standard colors and I like a lot of the combinations that I would never have done on my own, being a more matchy-matchy person simply because the color choices that have been available in my size - and have fit me - over the years have often been limited to black, navy and brown. You know, the make-the-overweight-woman-nondescript colors.
  3. The materials she uses are comfortable to wear, and if I am feeling comfortable in my clothes, I feel better subconsciously about myself. I'm not self-conscious about my size - I'll never give that power to anyone - but it's nice not to be tugging on clothing.

So if there is an item that I like and that I'm comfortable in, I will buy multiple colors of it (normally only on one-day/lunchtime specials, clearance, and Easy Pays because I totally agree that her garments are way overpriced). I understand that all the designers push buying multiple colors because they are trying to maximize their sales during those  minutes that they have our eyes on them, and I don't blame them for it.

I don't look at her clothes as being a means to make me look young and chic; the time for that is long gone. I don't think that most of the Logonauts are truly delusional that way. I think that a lot of the appeal is that, for my age group anyway, we Boomers don't think of ourselves as "old", no matter what our mirrors may show us. And in our minds, we hold images of what "old ladies" wore and looked like from our childhood, and we don't self-identify with those images.

I also think that some of the ladies are finally at the stage of life where there is some discretionary money that they can spend soley on themselves. Not on the children, not on the mortgage, not on the things that are for others. So they are letting themselves go a little wild. If you've got no one to buy you presents, you buy them for yourself.

I think that for those of us who regularly watch the LOGO shows, we know that everything is being draped in superlatives and that Lori is constantly "obsessed" with multiple colors and items in every show, and that she swears that she "lives" in whatever she's proclaiming as her current obsession. Are some people being duped? Undoubtedly, since it's clear from some of the reviews that those women aren't doing due diligence before purchasing. Are some of her "everything goes with everything" combinations seemingly a far stretch of the imagination? Yup, to my eyes anyway. But to someone else, it might strike a chord with them and appeal.

I think that the ultimate responsibility for what we wear/buy is on us, the customer. As long as we are happy with our clothing choices, what others think of it is immaterial. 😊

Share Post

I don't understand the chicken and waffles combo -- although I saw it on Top Chef too.  Sounds very dry to me.  Then again I am not a fan of waffles.

Share Post

37 minutes ago, Booney said:

I just shuddered, @Birdiebutt, remembering the video of her belting out some song (was it "My Way"?) at the end of her State Theater "tea" in Easton, PA late last year. It was one of those "I'm embarrassed for her" moments.

"Don't Rain on My Parade" from Funny Girl. She didn't belt. She screeched like a banshee. 

Share Post

Good evening all~!  I'm just now getting home - today work was very stressful and I'm beat (three emergency clients at the end of the day along with one euthanasia, made it a tough day to get through).  Glad to be home; giving my feline crew extra hugs tonight (toss a couple extra fishy flakes into my Betta fish tank as well) -  I'm so glad to have the Sparkly Snarkers to give me some laughs before I go back tomorrow afternoon, hopefully tomorrow will be a better day!

I'm running very behind with my reading, (think I'm back on page 912) but wanted to get a few "shout outs" before I got too far behind.....

I'd like to welcome to our new Snarkers, Lady J and Raspberry Streusel!!!!  All comments and opinions are welcome here, it's always nice to hear from new people!

OBS - sending more hugs your way, I know you've had some tough days of late.

Cricket - sending prayers to you and Joe, I know that Wednesday will be challenging.  Please know that I (along with all of the Sparkly Snarkers) are here for you!

There's not much to watch TV wise on Monday night, didn't feel like reading and wasn't in the mood to watch any of my DVD'd vet shows (Dr. Jeff or Dr. Pol), I do need to wash my scrubs, so I put the Q on for background noise.   There's ole OES is on with greasy Josie, who looks like she's wearing her underslip (that looks 2 sizes too small).  She really needs an underwire with that dress.  Someone sent a question to Josie via "the Ask PMS Style" they wanted to know "how do you get a tan on the back of your hands with a self tanner?"  Josie answered, then OES piped in, telling how "she" did this (and watching her in the past, OES always seems to miss the top of her hands).   Josie shot her a "look"  OES said, "well I guess the question wasn't for me, no one wanted to hear from me".  Right OES, it's not all about YOU!  OES then tried deflecting (realizing she probably pissed Josie off) and told her "your hair looks great"!  Josie said "well it's fake" OES went to hug her, but Josie walked quickly out of the shot.

Oh God, Ms. "It's all about me" has just layered a red GILI cold shoulder top over her black cold shoulder dress; she looks totally ridiculous/idiotic.  I think she realized how ridiculous she looked, she kept repeating that this "isn't how its intended to be worn"...but she kept it on.  Gili Jill essentially ignored her.   This woman is out of control.  Now she's yammering on about how much she loves wearing Spanx leggings.  And this is from a woman who supposedly doesn't wear "pants".  They sure look like pants to me, form fitting, but nonetheless pants.

Another "Ask PMS Style" question came in for Jackie.  The question was "what are two favorite items that Jackie will be wearing this Spring?"  OES told Jackie not to be partial or only give an answer just because "people pay you money to wear their clothing".  Jackie (who sounded like she was being honest, but this is the Q, so who knows) said she liked the Logo Essentials, (OES said what's that?--seriously OES???) Jackie said "her tank tops", OES said "oh yeah, I like those too". Jackie also said she liked Women with Control culottes and Issuck's 24/7 pants, she said she had 6 pair of them.   We know OES definitely won't wear (at least for any length of time any clothing that "people who pay money for her to wear").  Now if Nordy's or Needless Mark-up were vendors, this might be different!

Yawn ----Just another typical Monday night at the Q.   Time for me to do some more catch-up reading!

Share Post

1 hour ago, Booney said:

I just shuddered, @Birdiebutt, remembering the video of her belting out some song (was it "My Way"?) at the end of her State Theater "tea" in Easton, PA late last year. It was one of those "I'm embarrassed for her" moments.

It was "Rain On My Parade" from Funny Girl or an attempt at . . .

Share Post

8 hours ago, hummingbird said:

The description of Lisa pawing at the iPad like a cat in a litter box is spot on 

if she'd cut those nails she could use it properly 

giphy.gif

Share Post

3 hours ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

I wouldn't have bought a new one except when I saw them lifting them up from the counter with no problem, my husband looked at me and said "why wouldn't you get that?"   I keep mine in an antique graniteware refrigerator box on the floor in my kitchen, lifting it up and out is getting tough.  I have a bowl lift model that I can pick up more easily than a tilt model, the only saving grace!!  Sometimes, I ask my husband to do it for me, but he has back problems and lifting that way is not good for him.  Those things are H-E-A-V-Y.  I am hoping I can put it in my pantry, so I don't have to bend over to pick it up.  I've been watching this at Williams Sonoma and the color I've had my eye on was Honeydew.  Unfortunately, by the time I hemmed and hawed about getting one at QVC yesterday, Honeydew sold out.....it was the first color to go.  I ended up with Contour Silver.  Thank goodness for easy pay, or I wouldn't have done it at this time.

I'll keep you posted.  The first thing I'm going to do is make Toll House Cookies to test it for power......that's about the stiffest dough I can think of that I make, so I feel like it will be a good test.  They say it is just as powerful as the full size model, so I'm hoping that's true. 

I got my KA many years ago from Q, and use it a lot.  I have a lot of counter space, so it lives there.  I was replacing an older model that I gave to my daughter.  I have the bowl lift, which I find to be superior to the tilt headed model. I use it to bake and I make homemade pasta. (Eggplant ravioli, anyone?)

Share Post

1 minute ago, seahag said:

I got my KA many years ago from Q, and use it a lot.  I have a lot of counter space, so it lives there.  I was replacing an older model that I gave to my daughter.  I have the bowl lift, which I find to be superior to the tilt headed model. I use it to bake and I make homemade pasta. (Eggplant ravioli, anyone?)

Yes, please!  😄

Share Post

16 hours ago, Fishy said:

Exactly! WTH is she doing??  She mentioned FB wasn't loading on her iPad, but what the hell does that mean anyway and why does it have to.  The camera is on you so begin talking already!!  I've seen other live chats and they don't go through these maneuvers?!? 

And Who The Feck poses her in these positions? That enormous vase of fake white roses right behind her head makes it look like she's auditioning for a remake of The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert.

58d9efd1cff91_PriscillaQOTD.thumb.jpg.472fc8392747c7d9506641ce2ac4d1b2.jpg

lisa r.jpg

Edited by Hyacinth B.

Share Post

9 hours ago, Booney said:

Valerie Parr Hill during her shows -

IMG_0572.JPG.23747a86bca265f82119b3fb8d2516e6.JPG

Valerie Parr Hill after her shows:

IMG_0575.JPG.b21532d0d294f821522468c4294ab02d.JPG

ROTFLMAOPIMP!!!

I was thinking that the first image was so like her, then I saw the second one and cracked up!

Share Post

2 hours ago, DownTheShore said:

I also think that some of the ladies are finally at the stage of life where there is some discretionary money that they can spend soley on themselves. Not on the children, not on the mortgage, not on the things that are for others. So they are letting themselves go a little wild. If you've got no one to buy you presents, you buy them for yourself.

You've just described my mother to a tee. Recently retired, inherited a tidy sum from her late parents, house is paid in full and she's the biggest home shopping channel groupie I know. She actually has several pieces from LOGO and they look quite nice on her. She likes the sweaters and layering tanks, not so much the stuff that's super frilly.

Share Post