Shopping Channel Shows

9 minutes ago, RiderOnTheStorm said:

That reminds me of what the schools used to do to kids that played hooky; they would suspend them from school. It was like, "You won't come to school so we'll punish you by not allowing you to come to school."

exactly

wouldn't more school be the punishment

Share Post

Basically what Q management is saying is Shawn Killinger is so invaluable to us, or we are so freakin afraid of her, that we will risk lost sales and complete destruction of customer goodwill.

OK, now I get it.

Share Post

2 hours ago, artisto said:

download.jpg.dddb1c38fad40758cabf15621d4ff759.jpg

Yeah, I think it's a hoax, too.   How would they find you from a FB post?   In my own town, I know there are 2-3 of us with the same name -- imagine all of Q's customers, much less viewers.  

Share Post

20 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Yeah, I think it's a hoax, too.   How would they find you from a FB post?   In my own town, I know there are 2-3 of us with the same name -- imagine all of Q's customers, much less viewers.  

Maybe I read it wrong,  but I took that to mean someone had written unflattering things about the host(s) on the hosts QVC FB page not the customers own personal page ... so that's how the Q would see it??

Edited by brini. Reason: I can spell, really.

Share Post

11 hours ago, KLovestoShop said:

Anyone who uses the iT foundation----how on earth do you clean the brush?  I've tried just about everything from their own brush cleaner to Dawn dishwashing liquid to all kinds of soap, but nothing works.  It takes me at least 30 minutes to clean one brush.  When Jamie is on, she swears by their brush cleaner, but that was the worst---it didn't get any of the foundation off the brush.  

Isopropyl Alcohol. Works like a charm.

Share Post

1 hour ago, brini said:

Maybe I read it wrong,  but I took that to mean someone had written unflattering things about the host(s) on the hosts QVC FB page not the customers own personal page ... so that's how the Q would see it??

Yes, I get that, but even then they would somehow have to track you from Facebook to your address or customer number to keep you from ordering for 30 days.  Seems like a lot of work on their part.  And of course as mentioned, shooting themselves in the foot by not allowing you to buy anything for 30 days!   😳😂😳

Share Post

10 hours ago, DownTheShore said:

Their loss, our gain. 😎

That kind of negative reactive behavior is usually a sign of the media platform beginning to start the swirl down the drain. I've been on a number of forums where the negativity crackdown by the mods presaged either the dissolution of the forum or its transformation into a praise-only board.

Hmmmmm . . . like LR's one and only SSC.

She is way too consumed with Christmas for my taste.  She's in full blown holiday mode now on her site.  I can wait a few more weeks.

Share Post

18 hours ago, LadyR said:

BAG.jpg.eda87c56ad4b5d6c31e9692f16ebbc88.jpg

15 hours ago, CueVeeCeeGirl said:

is that Katia??? she looks so different but the eyes appear to be hers.

Good call, CueVeeCeeGirl!  This photo was taken several years ago, and looking at this photo again, it is Katia.  Just saw a YouTube video of her from the same time period, and she had this same hairstyle.  Also, the way she is posing with her head tilted makes her face look a teeny bit fuller.  Katia has an interesting background - she studied public relations, is married to a lawyer (her father and father-in-law both went to medical school together) and they have a son and a daughter.  She also sings as well - even recording a single called "Erase Replace" that broke into the Top 25 charts.   

Edited by LadyR. Reason: Had to "Erase Replace" some words

Share Post

Aimee K looks marginally less thrown together today.  Baby steps.  Amy Stran however, phoned it in.

Screenshot (107).png

Edited by SuprSuprElevated.

Share Post

Aims?  Chianti is not pronounced Kee-yon-tay.  K?

hannibal.jpg

Share Post

More life coach shirts.  pfffft

A shirt that says lovely.  Perfect gift for the millennial on your list.  Along with a selfie stick.

Share Post

Although this is a few days late, the Quacker Factory top that MBR wore on Halloween was just adorable!  It's item # A293996 - Quacker Factory Halloween Pet Pals Cross V-Neck Knit Top.  MBR wore the one in black, with the puppy and the kitten in a pumpkin.  Very tempting to get this for next year...

http://www.qvc.com/Quacker-Factory-Halloween-Pet-Pals-Cross-V-Neck-Knit-Top.product.A293996.html?sc=SRCH

Edited by LadyR. Reason: Gotta order that top!

Share Post

5 hours ago, RiderOnTheStorm said:

That reminds me of what the schools used to do to kids that played hooky; they would suspend them from school. It was like, "You won't come to school so we'll punish you by not allowing you to come to school."

lmao!

1 hour ago, LadyR said:

Good call, CueVeeCeeGirl!  This photo was taken several years ago, and looking at this photo again, it is Katia.  Just saw a YouTube video of her from the same time period, and she had this same hairstyle.  Also, the way she is posing with her head tilted makes her face look a teeny bit fuller.  Katia has an interesting background - she studied public relations, is married to a lawyer (her father and father-in-law both went to medical school together) and they have a son and a daughter.  She also sings as well - even recording a single called "Erase Replace" that broke into the Top 25 charts.   

wow. must be a cozy life working for Q as a model with a lawyer hubs lol. It seems relatively easy to model or at least a heck of a lot easier than hosting.

i kind of wish she'd gain just a few lbs (5-10 would make a difference). I think her thinness doesn't do a thing for the clothes. There's no need to be as thin as she is.

Share Post

7 hours ago, RiderOnTheStorm said:

Or throwing people in debtors' prisons, a couple centuries back: you can't pay back your debts so we're going to lock you up so you can't work and earn the money to do so.

A continuation of the history of incomprehensible logic on the part of TPTB.

Share Post

3 hours ago, Girlydiva53 said:

I just use Dr Bonner's original soap and works great and cost effective. 

Share Post

3 hours ago, Thumper said:

Yes, I get that, but even then they would somehow have to track you from Facebook to your address or customer number to keep you from ordering for 30 days.  Seems like a lot of work on their part.  And of course as mentioned, shooting themselves in the foot by not allowing you to buy anything for 30 days!   😳😂😳

Real name used on Facebook, plug it into the Q customer database, find a match. 

I don't know to what degree FB lets page owners (especially business pages) track the ISP, etc., data of posters, but if they get that, then a computer program should be able to quickly confirm if it matches login location data to the Q website. No real effort involved.

Edited by DownTheShore. Reason: Big Brother and all that, y'know. 😶

Share Post

What in the name of all that is unholy is an Iris Apfel??? She looks like she is going to be buried alive in all that Mongolian fur or she's just gonna keel over onto it mid-sentence... And Bobby Ray just looks like a head floating around all that fur... Now I know why I rarely watch the Ho...

Share Post

On 11/1/2017 at 0:25 PM, Stacey1014 said:

The TSV somewhat interests me, but not three of them and not for $35 after shipping. Aldi has something similar in their ad this week, so I might pick that up instead. 

3E552C0C-7AE3-4CB1-ACDE-3E6704F99BD7.jpeg

I liked the TSV because it is glass.  I don't want 3 so I am debating getting the same one on Amazon for $20.

Share Post

On 11/1/2017 at 2:08 PM, Fishy said:

Really? didn't know that but now it explains a lot for me when it comes to her product presentation delivery.   Been seeing her more and more on the air during the times I watch and unfortunately liking her less and less - not because she's obnoxious, just that her delivery is rote and nondescript - just like a traffic report.  She's routine and colorless to me.  There has to be a balance somewhere.

She also did some live reporting.  I think she is starting to lighten up a little.  One of the better ones to me.

Share Post

6 minutes ago, leFay said:

What in the name of all that is unholy is an Iris Apfel??? She looks like she is going to be buried alive in all that Mongolian fur or she's just gonna keel over onto it mid-sentence... And Bobby Ray just looks like a head floating around all that fur... Now I know why I rarely watch the Ho...

It's time for Iris to not be on the air anymore. 

She just said that some product of hers can be given to anyone but a homeless person and Bobbie commented on how hilarious she is.

Um, no.

???

Share Post

This Lug bag interests me. I don’t need it, but I like the idea of a tote bag turned backpack. 

Share Post

8 hours ago, hummingbird said:

are you talking about the CC foundation

I use one of the brush cleaning pads with the bumps that you can find at TJ/marshalls, and use the Beauty blender cleaner which is good but any cleaner will work, those pads look silly but they are great,  cleaning often is better too

I have one that fits in my hand, but now I think the ones that fit in a sink bottom would be even better 

Yes, I use the CC Foundation from Q.  I’ve not seen nor heard of brush cleaning pads.  Are the plastic or rubber or what?  I do try cleaning at least once a week. 

Thanks for the info. 

Share Post

HSN is starting their movie tie in for Muder on the Orient Expres.  Have they shown the Heidi Daus special pieces yet...those will be something to behold, I'm sure.

Share Post

4 hours ago, Girlydiva53 said:

Does that eventually ruin the brushes?   The brushes that iT includes in their QVC packages used to be good, but since the company was sold, I think their brushes have become inferior.  

Share Post