Shopping Channel Shows

1 hour ago, hummingbird said:

except for Humblebrag who memorizes everything,  points for that.  

considering that most products are retreads and they should know most of the selling points, and the other thing why don't they know how tall the models are by now 

I don't remember EVER wondering how tall a model was - just sayin.  Maybe because I'm 5'7" which is pretty average.  And as a result it irritates me when they start going through that schpiel because they usually never have it right either.

Share Post

42 minutes ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Formerly Known as Dyson Susie says on her Instagram today:  "I'll be off the air for a while training for my new role."

She is very pretty. Very into fashion (high heels/short dresses). Great figure, charming, appeals to men and women. Can sell for 24 hours, pushing around a vacuum (and maybe having to reset the demos or does the Q do  that?). This could get interesting.

Share Post

2 hours ago, ViewerNotShopper said:

Correct me if i'm wrong, but I have NEVER seen a host on the Ho read off a "card" or even hold one on-air. HOWEVER, I cannot seem watch the Q without hearing or seeing those damn blue product cards being constanty referred to by those lazy Q hosts, oftentimes asking live on-air "where did I put my card???" Get it together you losers and start memorizing some of this basic information! You have maybe a dozen products to sell during a typical 3-hour shift? Please leave these wretched cards off camera. I'm speaking to you Mary DeAngelis, my least favorite/most fake-sincere host du jour.

I have always found it odd how we can usually learn the product and choices within the first few minutes of presentation but the host is usually befuddled!  

Share Post

23 minutes ago, Fishy said:

I have that 36" wide unit that I store those Rubbermaid type containers on.   I like it a lot and I think it's plenty sturdy.  I liked the fact there was no assembly required, or at least minimal, and the way it can fold flat in a heartbeat if you need to move it.  I also have a more decorative one that I have in place in my living room and I love it.

Thanks, Fishy. I like the looks of the decorative one, too.

Share Post

5 minutes ago, Lisanna said:

I have always found it odd how we can usually learn the product and choices within the first few minutes of presentation but the host is usually befuddled!  

Bwahaha!   soooooooo true!  lol!

Share Post

58 minutes ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

The Q will ruin her.  She will make a good host, though.  

1 hour ago, ViewerNotShopper said:

I'm really beginning to dislike Mary big time, bottom 3 unwatchable for me. Her sales delivery in a word, pandering. Her constant stalling tactic of drawing out mono-syllabic words, maddening. Does she have a good nickname yet? How about Mary D-List, DeD-List, D-Ange-List? something like that? Please add!

Turned on the Q to see Mary and Chef? Tony.  Both were insufferable.  A caller was droning on about her family and TSV.  Then Tony and Mary patted each other on the back, saying they have such a great job that they perform with passion. 🙄

2 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Yeah, I'm old enough to remember when they had a dozen products per hour, and yet I don't really recall the pervasive use of the dreaded blue/white cards.  I still don't get why they don't/can't use a cue card type system for info.  The majority of these hosts come from TV backgrounds, so they should be used to them, and it would be a more professional presentation, even though that doesn't seem to be a priority for TPTB.

I miss when they had tons of products   Now the Q buys in such volume, their selection of products are limited.   TPTB only care about the bottom line.  They have lost the recipe.

I agree, Dan H is snark worthy but he is prepared.  

Share Post

The TSV somewhat interests me, but not three of them and not for $35 after shipping. Aldi has something similar in their ad this week, so I might pick that up instead. 

3E552C0C-7AE3-4CB1-ACDE-3E6704F99BD7.jpeg

Share Post

IF Susie were to be a host how funny would her first SHARK presentation be, when she has to say "this is the greatest vacuum ever, and I own it."

Share Post

3 hours ago, seasons said:

Is La Douche decorating for Christmas or for a wedding? All that white and silver? 

You're right - it does look like a wedding!  And why does she have to over-do everything so much?  Done properly, the lighted garland could very well have been enough.  But then she goes and hangs that swag on the end of the railing.  Wait - if one is good, two must be better!  So on goes another huge swag.  Still not enough.  On top of that she hangs not one but two gigantic glittery silver bells, and "over top of" that, an enormous ugly dirty white bow.  I got a headache just looking at it.  And what I noticed when the cinematographer Katie panned down, the floor was covered in silver glitter.  Nice touch.

I've noticed this with all her xmas decorating.  She does not know when to stop.  She piles crap over crap on top of more crap on a mantle until you literally cannot see the mantle at all.  Same with the 57 trees scattered all over the house.  She'll start out with a nice idea then get all caught up in mountains of glitz.  A psychologist would have a field day with this.

Share Post

31 minutes ago, leFay said:

Oh gawd... Another Josie Moron TSV on November 4th... guess I need to block out the Q on my remote for that day... please, no more of that damn oil!... 

I agree.  I like the Argan Milk product very much, but I dislike that nearly every "package" has the Argan Oil in it.

It reminds me of how Smashbox would always have its primer product in every "package."  Did not like their primer -- too plasticky for me.

Share Post

Carolyn acting very bizarrely during Diamonique.  "Erin, your son's name is Blake? (then going into squeaky baby-talk voice mode) Blake-eeeeee?  I thought that was the name of a cat!"   Huh???  I'm sure I heard correctly.

Shawn, hearing Basso's voice in the background: "Oh, no, now I have to contain this storm...."

At the end of his segment during which Shawn was either being faux or genuinely rude to Dennis, she calculatedly leaned over and kissed him straight on the lips.  He was flabbergasted and definitely off balance.  "Either she's pushing me away or kissing me.  What a tease!"

Share Post

Katie Mc meh.

Dry.

I'd like to see a little emotion out of the girl.

Guess I should be careful what I wish for.

Everyone is "my friend". Stop that.

Share Post

3 hours ago, hummingbird said:

except for Humblebrag who memorizes everything,  points for that.  

considering that most products are retreads and they should know most of the selling points, and the other thing why don't they know how tall the models are by now 

I agree. Hell, even I know Jackie is 5'9" and an *alleged* size 14. I could understand having a card when you're presenting something like Denim & Co. capris, where there's 572 different colors, but the hosts should have basic info memorized for products they pitch over and over for months on end. 

Share Post

Katie M was a traffic reporter in New York City for years and years.  That' s an unemotional rut probably tough to work out of....the subways are delayed, the tunnels are backed up, the bridge crossings are slow, commuter lines rerouted, every morning, day after day...  

Share Post

2 minutes ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Katie M was a traffic reporter in New York City for years and years.  That' s an unemotional rut probably tough to work out of....the subways are delayed, the tunnels are backed up, the bridge crossings are slow, commuter lines rerouted, every morning, day after day...  

Really? didn't know that but now it explains a lot for me when it comes to her product presentation delivery.   Been seeing her more and more on the air during the times I watch and unfortunately liking her less and less - not because she's obnoxious, just that her delivery is rote and nondescript - just like a traffic report.  She's routine and colorless to me.  There has to be a balance somewhere.

Share Post

Forgot to quote. oopppsss

Edited by burgerbitz.

Share Post

2 minutes ago, RedRose said:

Now in my old age, it's not about who has the most elaborate tree. Now it's about the true meaning of Christmas. I "adopt" a family that is having financial problems and buy things for them. I donate money, groceries to the homeless shelter. I clean out my linen closet and also buy new blankets, towels, food and liter for the animals at the Humane Society. 

Good for you! We do that same type of thing at my workplace. People sign up to adopt a family; we buy gifts for the children, and donate food or money to the parent(s). Everybody needs to know someone cares about them, and it doesn't have to be just at Christmas. We do this through my church as well.

On a separate note, any thought about the new Kourtney? I have seen her on some early morning shows and like her a lot. Good host.

Edited by RiderOnTheStorm.

Share Post

5 hours ago, RiderOnTheStorm said:

@burgerbitz, Are they the 36" wide units? Do you like them? We moved into a new house a few months ago and I was looking for better alternatives than the heavy duty racks from Lowe's/Home Depot. We will be holding some not-so-heavy Rubbermaid containers and such on them.

The ones we have are 29" across & 36" high. There 3 shelves and they're super heavy duty. We use one for stacking wood on next to the wood stove and we use another for cases of bottled water. I have 2 red for the kitchen and the bronze for the wood. I got the single bronze from Amazon for about $60. 

Share Post

Catching up from being on the road for a few days; sorry I can't find the posts:

MBR and Martha:  I roll my eyes every time the Q refers to "curvy" girls who are the only Real Women, but darned if I'm not irritated with Martha for making fun of MBR!   That's OUR MBR and Martha can't do that!  We can 'cause we luv her!  

Undereye liner:  Not a fan, especially in dark black.  I know two women in their fifties who do this (one is tattooed)  and I do think it makes their eyes look smaller.  As others suggested, a softer brown and only part of the  undereye is more flattering.

Erin Newburg of EVine:  I liked her as a fashion expert, but agree that as a host there is something about her that annoys.

Origami Racks:  Thanks for the recommendation!  Son2 lives in a tiny apartment with little kitchen storage; may have him look at these.

Share Post

4 minutes ago, CarpeDiem54 said:

When I hear Diamonique or kitchen gadgets I don't think of CaCa.

CaCa, when presenting the faux sapphire ring - "I admired Princess Diana so much.  I even have my hair cut like hers."  Hmmm.  I don't ever remember Princess Diana looking like a sheepdog.

That's so funny because I always hated Princess Di's ring. I felt bad Kate Middleton got stuck with it, because it's so outdated and costume-y looking. 

Share Post

Wanted to add about the Origami: they have a 6 tier rack with open sides, but the bookcase has decorative sides which I prefer. They also do a 5 tier pantry rack with wooden shelves but again, open sides..... 

Share Post

24 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I felt bad Kate Middleton got stuck with it, because it's so outdated and costume-y looking. 

Then....there is the blue sapphire ring  that William Powell gave to Jean Harlow:

59fa16b494fd2_images(2).jpg.b20832bf885c7e4a55071f43bbfcc6ce.jpg 

Article Excerpt from ImagineMDD :

"Christmas 1936, actor William Powell gave Jean Harlow a ring with diamonds alongside a 152 carat star sapphire. 

It gave Harlow pleasure to know that Powell had given her the largest sapphire in Hollywood. Sapphires went with Jean's blue eyes."

59fa1865de844_download(1).jpg.0f5d53dec6b7ec84d5dc6c6550a08994.jpg

Edited by artisto.

Share Post

The Q's website/dotcom biz/inventory system is seriously screwed up.  Still.

Hard to believe any company trying to SELL products can possibly have an IT dept that cannot fix what have become chronic problems.  Besides the "our dot com and our app are not working currently - please overload the phone lines and call in your orders to our order operators" happening more and more ... the Q's inventory system is running like a well tuned banana republic.   (since my troubles described below I've done some googling, and there are LOTS of complaints from customers who for the past year or 2 that have been experiencing exactly what I'm dealing with currently).

I ordered (2) items from the Q back on October 22nd.  Both were ordered during an evening show at the beginning of the presentation of each item.  After I ordered some colors & sizes started selling out ... well after I placed my order and had an order confirmation.  Both items had an original delivery date of Oct 30th.  

I started looking for emails that items had shipped that week before Oct 30th and when I never received emails I started checking my order status daily on their website.  Both items said "processing" for a long time.  Then beginning on Oct 26th each item kept switching (multiple times each day) between "in process" to "back order" and back again to "in process".  I called Customer Service and was told there was a "glitch" in their computer system ... but assured that both of my items were indeed in stock (not backorder or waitlist) and would still arrive by Oct 30th. 

When Oct 30th came and went - I called CS again and they again apologized saying they still had computer and inventory problems.  I was told that (1) item (a Graver coat) was still in stock and coming my way with a new delivery date of Nov 9th.  When I check my order status that item still changes multiple times daily from "processing" to "back order" and back again depending on what time of day i check it.  I can go online and pull up that item # and although that Graver item is sold out in some other colors and sizes - my color in size medium shows up as available.  Today I check that one again and it says "contact Customer Service".  I called them AGAIN and was told "I don't know why our site is saying that,  but your order is processing, in stock, and will be delivered before Nov 9th.  

The 2nd item was a Basso satin shirt that did eventually go to waitlist later that night. (long after I received my order confirmation).  But when I've checked order status it too has changed back & forth between "in process" and "back order". For the past 3 days it has stuck on "back order" with customer service stoll assuring me that mine is still processing.  Today when I called they told me "Well that item is indeed a back order and not currently in stock.  We're sorry about that" 

I'm totally over purchasing either item at this point.  They promise something by a certain date, change the date adding a another week before I *might* receive them, and really don't know what they have in stock and what they don't have in stock.  When I called today I told them just to cancel both my orders - that i am done playing their game.   I had to ask for a supervisor to get the items cancelled b/c the CS rep could not cancel b/c in the system in too far into the processing stage.  grrrrrrr!!!!!! 

Finally ... supervisor cancelled both my orders.  (still apologizing and assuring me I would eventually receive both).  No thanks Q.  I'm done.  Others are done as well apparently b/c there are multiple posts from people who have/are experiencing the same thing.

Great way to run a business QVC.   How can they not fix whatever IT problems the continue to have & how can they not know what they have or don't have in inventory??!!

Share Post

Only stuff in inventory are B Mak bags form 3 Years ago I bet you can get one of those shipped out. 🙂

Share Post

That's about the truth hummingbird.  

Beyond belief that an online retailer can't get it's s#it together.

Share Post

42 minutes ago, brini said:

Hard to believe any company trying to SELL products can possibly have an IT dept that cannot fix what have become chronic problems.  Besides the "our dot com and our app are not working currently - please overload the phone lines and call in your orders to our order operators" happening more and more ... the Q's inventory system is running like a well tuned banana republic.   (since my troubles described below I've done some googling, and there are LOTS of complaints from customers who for the past year or 2 that have been experiencing exactly what I'm dealing with currently).

I ordered (2) items from the Q back on October 22nd.  Both were ordered during an evening show at the beginning of the presentation of each item.  After I ordered some colors & sizes started selling out ... well after I placed my order and had an order confirmation.  Both items had an original delivery date of Oct 30th.  

I started looking for emails that items had shipped that week before Oct 30th and when I never received emails I started checking my order status daily on their website.  Both items said "processing" for a long time.  Then beginning on Oct 26th each item kept switching (multiple times each day) between "in process" to "back order" and back again to "in process".  I called Customer Service and was told there was a "glitch" in their computer system ... but assured that both of my items were indeed in stock (not backorder or waitlist) and would still arrive by Oct 30th. 

When Oct 30th came and went - I called CS again and they again apologized saying they still had computer and inventory problems.  I was told that (1) item (a Graver coat) was still in stock and coming my way with a new delivery date of Nov 9th.  When I check my order status that item still changes multiple times daily from "processing" to "back order" and back again depending on what time of day i check it.  I can go online and pull up that item # and although that Graver item is sold out in some other colors and sizes - my color in size medium shows up as available.  Today I check that one again and it says "contact Customer Service".  I called them AGAIN and was told "I don't know why our site is saying that,  but your order is processing, in stock, and will be delivered before Nov 9th.  

The 2nd item was a Basso satin shirt that did eventually go to waitlist later that night. (long after I received my order confirmation).  But when I've checked order status it too has changed back & forth between "in process" and "back order". For the past 3 days it has stuck on "back order" with customer service stoll assuring me that mine is still processing.  Today when I called they told me "Well that item is indeed a back order and not currently in stock.  We're sorry about that" 

I'm totally over purchasing either item at this point.  They promise something by a certain date, change the date adding a another week before I *might* receive them, and really don't know what they have in stock and what they don't have in stock.  When I called today I told them just to cancel both my orders - that i am done playing their game.   I had to ask for a supervisor to get the items cancelled b/c the CS rep could not cancel b/c in the system in too far into the processing stage.  grrrrrrr!!!!!! 

Finally ... supervisor cancelled both my orders.  (still apologizing and assuring me I would eventually receive both).  No thanks Q.  I'm done.  Others are done as well apparently b/c there are multiple posts from people who have/are experiencing the same thing.

Great way to run a business QVC.   How can they not fix whatever IT problems the continue to have & how can they not know what they have or don't have in inventory??!!

pathetic,

Share Post

2 hours ago, RedRose said:

Now in my old age, it's not about who has the most elaborate tree. Now it's about the true meaning of Christmas. I "adopt" a family that is having financial problems and buy things for them. I donate money, groceries to the homeless shelter. I clean out my linen closet and also buy new blankets, towels, food and liter for the animals at the Humane Society. 

To me, that's the meaning of Christmas. 🎄

Beautiful Redrose!

Share Post

Bish-koati.  Barf.  "Chef" Tony's fingernails are filthy.  Barf, again.

Share Post

29 minutes ago, CarpeDiem54 said:

Bish-koati

??

Share Post

1 hour ago, brini said:

Good grief, what a pitiful mess. I've ordered recently from JTV, Evine, Amazon, Lands End and Appleseeds. Prompt delivery, on schedule, no problems at all. I don't understand why QVC is screwing up so badly, and why they've been screwing up for so long now.

29 minutes ago, CarpeDiem54 said:

Biscotti?

Share Post

2 hours ago, BitterApple said:
2 hours ago, CarpeDiem54 said:

That's so funny because I always hated Princess Di's ring. I felt bad Kate Middleton got stuck with it, because it's so outdated and costume-y looking. 

and the story is that Princess D just took the biggest ring in the tray for her ring,   but don't feel bad for Kate b/c she's going to get to wear some great stuff down the road 

Share Post

15 minutes ago, hummingbird said:

and the story is that Princess D just took the biggest ring in the tray for her ring,   but don't feel bad for Kate b/c she's going to get to wear some great stuff down the road 

Very true. Queen E owns the serious stuff. However if she has the same longevity as her mother, Kate may be waiting a while. 

Share Post

14 hours ago, HappyDancex2 said:

Stop making so much sense please.  It's not welcome on shopping channels.  If you can't suspend reality, common sense and logic, you really shouldn't be here.

Mea culpa! 😥

Share Post

53 minutes ago, CarpeDiem54 said:

100% Italian here...never heard it pronounced like that!

And why is Sharon dressed like Josie Maran for a food show???

Edited by momofone. Reason: Added another comment.

Share Post

10 minutes ago, Coffeecup said:

I don't understand why QVC is screwing up so badly, and why they've been screwing up for so long now.

There seems to be no-one actually "in charge" at QVC.  Oh, there may be someone occupying the fancy corner office, but his feet are propped up on the desk and he's either spending all day texting or watching porn, cuz he sure ain't doing his job.  No one is paying attention to anything there, from on-air host behavior to website malfunctions to product diversity to shipping.  I'm so sick of the whole thing that I may have just received my last order.  Other than the few Nick Chavez items on auto-delivery, I am pretty much done with this dog and pony show.  All you can rely on it for anymore is snark fodder.

Share Post

5 minutes ago, BitterApple said:
21 minutes ago, hummingbird said:

Very true. Queen E owns the serious stuff. However if she has the same longevity as her mother, Kate may be waiting a while. 

I read a few blogs where this discussed very seriously :-)

Share Post

12 hours ago, Girlydiva53 said:

This x 999,999,999

Speaking of popcorn, I purchased the West Bend Stir Crazy popper. It should be arriving tomorrow. With the amount of popcorn I tend to consume, the TSV would be useless to me; besides which, I don't own a microwave.

This reminds me of the crafts I used to do in kindergarten for my parents.

We had one of those, years ago. It worked well, as far as I remember.

Share Post

5 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

No one is paying attention to anything there, from on-air host behavior to website malfunctions to product diversity to shipping.

only watching stock ticker,  when that hits the fan watch out 

and I agree with you,  

Share Post

Wish someone I knew was ordering those pork sausage wheels so I could ask them to give me one!!  pretty please & Thank you!

Share Post

8 hours ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Color-scaring is rampant on HSN.

Virtually every presentation Shannon insists that certain colors will not last the nite.

Next afternoon? Everyone is usually available.  She just wants the sale credit so Colleen and Bobbi don't.  

Yep..its always fun to watch her kick off a today’s special and see how long it takes her to refer to the item being in “sellout quantity”…usually by 12:15 or 12:20.  Not sure what is worse that or her habit of taking food home in tupperware containers after cooking shows.

After reading about the numerous issues here and elesewhere regarding Q’s shipping, went to check my order status, order 2 Philosophy items Sunday night because they were free shipping and as of right now, they are still in process..probably won’t see those items for at least a week.   Can’t believe how long stuff sits “in process”!  My ordering is way down, only placed this order due to free shipping and the lemon custard scent is not available on Philsophy’s site or Sephora or anywhere else.  

Share Post

15 minutes ago, Fishy said:

Wish someone I knew was ordering those pork sausage wheels so I could ask them to give me one!!  pretty please & Thank you!

I'd be happy to share, Fishy, if I were willing to pay $11 per pound for sausage, which I'm not. But I'll bet that pricy pork wouldn't beat my fave Conecuh ($3 per pound). You'd make a face that would make Sharon Feh say, "I'll have what she's having!"

Share Post

5 minutes ago, HissyFit said:

I'd be happy to share, Fishy, if I were willing to pay $11 per pound for sausage, which I'm not. But I'll bet that pricy pork wouldn't beat my fave Conecuh ($3 per pound). You'd make a face that would make Sharon Feh say, "I'll have what she's having!"

Yeah, you and me both!!  Hee.   I've never heard of this Conecuh sausage but it looks like some research is in my future. 😋

Share Post

46 minutes ago, CaffeinatedAunt79 said:

Yep..its always fun to watch her kick off a today’s special and see how long it takes her to refer to the item being in “sellout quantity”…usually by 12:15 or 12:20.  Not sure what is worse that or her habit of taking food home in tupperware containers after cooking shows.

After reading about the numerous issues here and elesewhere regarding Q’s shipping, went to check my order status, order 2 Philosophy items Sunday night because they were free shipping and as of right now, they are still in process..probably won’t see those items for at least a week.   Can’t believe how long stuff sits “in process”!  My ordering is way down, only placed this order due to free shipping and the lemon custard scent is not available on Philsophy’s site or Sephora or anywhere else.  

As of now Zulily has a 32 oz lemon custard for 21.99.  They have apple cider too, which intrigues me; don't know if Q carries that scent...

Share Post

2 hours ago, hummingbird said:

Only stuff in inventory are B Mak bags form 3 Years ago I bet you can get one of those shipped out. 🙂

So true - and what's funny is when I look at my "Order Status" on the Q's website orders from the past two years are listed, but after that, there's just a few various orders going back to one in 2012.  And that 2012 order was - drumroll - two B. Makowsky handbags!  Yes that (infamous) Item # A93783, B Mak's "Glove Leather East West Zip Top".  I believe I mentioned about this bag in a previous post - this was the one that came in 10 colors with 3 different colored hardware (goldtone, silvertone, rosetone).  Ordered it in Brandy (brown) and Toffee (taupe) - both these colors had rosetone hardware.  After ordering, but before receiving them, I started seeing all these reviews on the Q's site - many of them negative.  And the negative reviews had one thing in common - the edges on the handles cracked and peeled off.  It was too late to call to cancel the order, so when I received the bags I promptly sent both back for a refund.  Although both looked good out of the box, I was very concerned about the strap issue as I felt the handles would crack eventually.  Such a good looking and functional handbag, but I just didn't want to take any chances.  Found a photo online of the one I ordered in Toffee (below).

BAG.jpg.eda87c56ad4b5d6c31e9692f16ebbc88.jpg

2 hours ago, brini said:

That's about the truth hummingbird.  

Beyond belief that an online retailer can't get it's s#it together.

Truth indeed!

Share Post

1 hour ago, Fishy said:

??

That's how faux "Chef" Tony, the phoney baloney, pronounces Biscotti.

Share Post

Conecuh Sausage is made in Alabama where I live. It is smoked sausage and is available in regular or spicy. Spicy is really hot to me. It's everywhere here and once we tried it several years ago, we don't buy anything else. If you can find it, I highly recommend.

Q problems and lack of service are two of the reasons I quit ordering from them. Been over two years now. Still watch for snark and will search for things elsewhere but closed my account and do not miss it.

Share Post

2 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

Good grief, what a pitiful mess. I've ordered recently from JTV, Evine, Amazon, Lands End and Appleseeds. Prompt delivery, on schedule, no problems at all. I don't understand why QVC is screwing up so badly, and why they've been screwing up for so long now.

Biscotti?

Share Post