Shopping Channel Shows

2 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

Are you serious??  Okay, now I have to gird my loins - so to speak - and try to navigate the Ho's site to find these things.  I have never heard of anything like this before.  But hey, now that I think about it, it probably feels good! 

We sold these head thingys at the PTRJ store 5 years ago.  Sold 'em by the hundreds as 'stocking stuffers', of course, for $10 bucks.  Overpriced at that.

Share Post

3 hours ago, DownTheShore said:

🎃 Happy Halloween to everyone! 🎃

There's a cute animated Google Doodle this year:

This is a holiday that the Q basically skips over, when they really could be on the forefront of creating a desire for outdoor decorations that we never thought we needed. I mean, I'd buy a fog machine in a heartbeat, for example. I'd put it on my balcony and let the fog pour off the edges.

Really, the Q should have promoted a few decorations - but then again, you have a host (Skunky) who looks like she's ready to go trick-or-treating all the time.  And LOCO Lori is not too far behind!

And thanks so much for posting this year's Google Doodle Halloween, DTS - this is really very touching, if I may say so.

Happy Halloween Everybody - have a "Fab-Boo-Lous" day and night!

Share Post

3 hours ago, MichelleAK said:

To be honest, I don't get the appeal of the Lay n Go at all, but I'm an organization freak, especially when I travel. I'm not a big fan of Mangano, but I do love the travel cube sets that she does. I can put similar items together in one section, and just pull the section I need out, and not have to fumble through a loose assortment of items like in the Lay n Go. It might be good for Lego or other small toys, though.

MichelleAK, I also love those Joy Mangano travel cube sets - and they are so versatile.  I have two sets - one in red, and one in leopard print.  One of my leopard print cubes is used for my cosmetics, including some by Alexis Vogel Makeup.  Which brings to mind the time when Alexis Vogel was on the Q - does anyone remember seeing this - back in 2006 she was selling her line called AlexisStyle.  She was on just a few times, and I ended up purchasing a couple of eyeshadows.  Excellent quality with good color payout.  Unfortunately, that line didn't last too long but in 2013 she created a new line called Alexis Vogel Makeup.  I have since purchased a number of her color cosmetics which I love.  YMMV regarding these products, but I believe a little goes a long way when it comes to application.  I'd love to see Alexis sell this current line on a shopping channel, perhaps Evine aka The Skinnvicta Channel.  And it should be noted that Alexis Vogel Makeup is cruelty-free. 

Share Post

Susie Hassan (you know her, she's Dyson Susie on QVC) tweeted that she will no longer rep Dyson on the Q, but is staying at Q in another capacity which she can't discuss as yet.

More host shake-ups coming?  We'll see..  

Share Post

On ‎10‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 2:13 PM, CueVeeCeeGirl said:

The TSV demos look as if they're just demonstrating asymmetry in the model's faces lol. And then the models sort of twist up their face more on the side they used the device on. What a crock of shit. It's making me angry lol.

I'd rather see those facial exercise demos. Remember how funny that looked? I think it was a wife and husband team.

It was and she also sold the magnifier makeup mirrors.  I remember reading somewhere that her husband passed away.

Share Post

14 hours ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

That forced chit-chat between Rachel and Shawn was beyond painful. ....Rachel obviously doesn't seem to care much for Shawn

Rachel B?  not a huge fan of her, but she strikes me as not a fan of BS, and therefore not Shawn either, so that's not a surprise.  

RB looks to be a decent worker and SK is the opposite 

52 minutes ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Susie Hassan (you know her, she's Dyson Susie on QVC) tweeted that she will no longer rep Dyson on the Q, but is staying at Q in another capacity which she can't discuss as yet.

nm

Edited by hummingbird.

Share Post

20 hours ago, ITALIA said:

IMO, Martha is a TOTAL BITCH. Can't stand her. Instant channel change.

Total alpha dog...nothing warm or fuzzy about Martha!

Share Post

I read it yesterday in a Q forum post. She's

@susiehassanqvc

Share Post

1 minute ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

I read it yesterday in a Q forum post. She's

@susiehassanqvc

i found it, thanks so much, 

wonder what it could be?  host is obvi the first thought, but that's not realistic, 

more on Suzy

heraldstaronline.com/news/local-news/2017/04/a-qvc-emmy-for-area-native/

Share Post

Susie's cute, fashionable,  but not in a crazy way, comfortable with the camera, ventured into beauty /hair with the dryer.....maybe they want to replace Alex?

Share Post

5 minutes ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Susie's cute, fashionable,  but not in a crazy way, comfortable with the camera, ventured into beauty /hair with the dryer.....maybe they want to replace Alex?

could be, but the article makes me think she's going to do, other stuff behind the camera....product related or she certainly knows how to sell..  patience grasshoppers 

Share Post

4 hours ago, Taffy Apple said:

Ummm...yeah.  Those have to be done months in advance.  But, would Shittish lie??  

Like a 2-bit rug

Share Post

A new Cuddl Duds OAP told Antonella that her nails look great and Ant said thank you I do them myself. 

Share Post

13 minutes ago, Byteme said:

A new Cuddl Duds OAP told Antonella that her nails look great and Ant said thank you I do them myself. 

LMAO!

Share Post

12 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

EVINE:    Least, to me, would be Erin Newburg, although she bugs the sh*t out of most people.  She can be an annoying little gnat at times, but she has a quirky sense of humor that appeals to me.  I know I'm in the minority here.   /    Most is the insufferable Allison Wagner.  Unwatchable twit.

I swear Allison is looped on pills or booze half the time she's on air. I watched a show she did with the Beekman Boys a while back and she was all over the place, babbling even more incoherently than she usually does. Homegirl needs an intervention. 

Share Post

1 hour ago, hummingbird said:

more on Suzy

heraldstaronline.com/news/local-news/2017/04/a-qvc-emmy-for-area-native/

From that article:  

"QVC debuts on average 26 new items per day, according to Traynor.

“Even with this staggering number, QVC’s merchandising teams are always looking for new products and inspiration to bring to customers,” she said."

26 new items a day?  Gimme a break.  I doubt if they come out with 26 new items a year.  Total BS.

49 minutes ago, Byteme said:

So Ant's opened up a nail salon in a trailer park somewhere?

🔹🔹🔹🔹

Speaking of nails, I see Mary Beth has ditched the acrylics and now has short natural nails.  They look very nice.

Share Post

43 minutes ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Shawn did say to Basso last nite: "We both need this job, but I need mine more!"  Who would say that on TV?  At the very least,  it comes across as desperate. ....do they owe money to a loanshark?

To paraphrase Dolly Parton - it takes a lot of money to look that cheap.

She's got a big mortgage, no doubt, on her big house.  Plus there's the upkeep, liquor store bills, and take-out food is expensive.  She's now supporting a baby on top of the Consultant.  You bet she needs that high paying job.

🔹🔹🔹🔹

Out of curiosity, I looked at KerStink's FB page.  She had a surprise birthday party with 70 guests, including the Rooster, Diva, Wheels and the Rickster.  A far cry from Shitstreaks' pathetic baby shower turnout.  Oh, and the Shittish wasn't at the birthday party for her "bestie" busy adoptive mom.

Edited by CarpeDiem54. Reason: ONLY EIGHT WEEKS UNTIL CHRISTMAS!!!!

Share Post

35 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I swear Allison is looped on pills or booze half the time she's on air. I watched a show she did with the Beekman Boys a while back and she was all over the place, babbling even more incoherently than she usually does. Homegirl needs an intervention. 

I am one who cannot stand, and cannot tolerate for even a few seconds, Erin Newburg.  She drives me right up the wall. She's like fingernails on a blackboard to me. Allison, too.  Both are babbling, ridiculous fools as far as I'm concerned.  And both think they are so darned cute, preening for the camera.  Ugh to both of them.  I wish they would both disappear.

Share Post

17 minutes ago, CarpeDiem54 said:

Speaking of nails, I see Mary Beth has ditched the acrylics and now has short natural nails.  They look very nice.

She must have done that in preparation for her grandbabies.

Share Post

17 minutes ago, CarpeDiem54 said:

To paraphrase Dolly Parton - it takes a lot of money to look that cheap.

She's got a big mortgage, no doubt, on her big house.  Plus there's the upkeep, liquor store bills, and take-out food is expensive.  She's now supporting a baby on top of the Consultant.  You bet she needs that high paying job.

🔹🔹🔹🔹

Out of curiosity, I looked at KerStink's FB page.  She had a surprise birthday party with 70 guests, including the Rooster, Diva, Wheels and the Rickster.  A far cry from Shitstreaks' pathetic baby shower turnout.  Oh, and the Shittish wasn't at the birthday party for her "bestie" busy adoptive mom.

That tells u something re: the party 

Share Post

If there were a totally anonymous poll of Q hosts (the ones who've been there awhile), who do you prefer, Shawn or Kirsten? K would win unanimously. ...Shawn's persona is brittle, cold, self centered, and fake......that, to me is a lot worse than annoying. ..

Share Post

3 minutes ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

If there were a totally anonymous poll of Q hosts (the ones who've been there awhile), who do you prefer, Shawn or Kirsten? K would win unanimously. ...Shawn's persona is brittle, cold, self centered, and fake......that, to me is a lot worse than annoying. ..

That’s a tough one 

I do t like to watch either but SK is getting worse and worse and K while annoying seems to have some work ethic 

Share Post

13 minutes ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Can't stand either one of them, although I absolutely loathe Shitstreaks, and just intensely dislike KerStink.  I only watch either for snark value, and then, only for a few minutes here and there.

They are both phoney baloneys spewing their "faith" whilst dressing and acting like hookers.

🔹🔹🔹🔹

I see Stomping the Mean Streets of Philly (aka The Find) is four hours tonight.  Of course, we'll be subjected to the Wham, Bam, Thank You Ma'am Hemorrhoid Cushions umpteen times with the Shittish bragging about how a pre-schooler she "designed" them.  I hope the rest of the items are Scrub Daddys, flashlights and Snow Joe type qrap that are all well below her lofty station in life.  Don't forget the Poo Pourri!

Share Post

50 minutes ago, CarpeDiem54 said:

Whoever organized the party probably didn't invite Skunk because they knew she'd blab on air about the surprise party!!!

Share Post

Can you even imagine what a wet blanket Shawn would be at a party? If she wasn't the center of attention every second, she's be sulking and pouting in a corner. 

Whoever didn't invite her obviously knows her true colors.

Share Post

6 minutes ago, leFay said:

Whoever organized the party probably didn't invite Skunk because they knew she'd blab on air about the surprise party!!!

Yes, that. Plus they don't like her at all--how many times have they had to cover for her endless days of leave?  Has she ever filled in for anyone??  At least Kerstink got her hooked up with the adoption agency or whatever they used.  I can't see Shittish helping anyone out.

Share Post

8 hours ago, DownTheShore said:

He looks like that little exercise guy in the gym shorts, Richard Simmons.

Don't buy those head scratcher things. Waste of money. I had picked up an inexpensive pair on one of Amazon's lightning deals out of curiosity. I threw them out; didn't even bother palming them off on the kidlets.

Interesting, I was thinking the same thing! Tony resembles Richard Simmons wearing a wig! How odd!

Share Post

1 hour ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Wow - that would really be a toss-up.  They both have traits that make me run from the TV as fast as I can.  Can't stand to watch either one of them.  Ugh.  JMO.

Edited by Fishy.

Share Post

2 hours ago, Byteme said:

So she has a whole chemical lab in-house.  Got it.

Share Post

9 hours ago, Thumper said:

I can see the Lay n Go working at home of you have the counter space.  But for traveling, it seems very bulky.  Some hotels or residences do not have the counter space, hence so many hanging toiletry bags for travel.

I saw these (not sure if that's what they were called) at Costco a few years ago. I think the price for 2 was under $20.

Share Post

8 hours ago, Snark Byte said:

I would think if your scalp is so itchy that you'd think about buying this contraption, you'd first want to find out why. Are you allergic to your shampoo, perhaps? Too much Wen? Dandruff or seborrheic dermatitis? 

I'd look into reasons before I tore my scalp up. Just me.

xQDG52m.jpg.e4a722c3b10c9fe7bb3d72f52da28d37.jpg

Shhh... those aren't head scratchers. It's only a ruse! They are really reception devices for interstellar transmissions. Bzzzt... bzzzt... alert... incoming secret message from the Foreign Minister of Uranus ... enter your celestial PIN at the sound of the tone...

Edited by Coffeecup. Reason: Happy Halloween!

Share Post

17 minutes ago, Coffeecup said:

Shhh... those aren't head scratchers. It's only a ruse! They are really reception devices for interstellar transmissions. Bzzzt... bzzzt... alert... incoming secret message from the Foreign Minister of Uranus ... enter your celestial PIN at the sound of the tone...

200w copy.gif

Share Post

Skunky vs Skanky.....hmm....

While I don't enjoy either of them on air, I do remember Skanky putting in a lot of extra hours on air several times when Skunky was having medical/family/whatever issues.  Skunky has never put in extra on air time for anyone, as far as I know, so by a hair. I like Skanky better than Skunky.

Happy Halloween to all. Fred, Wilma, Bam Bam and Pebbles just returned from a lucrative trick or treat session, so Grandma is going to go see if she can score any candy the little ones don't care for.

Share Post

Shittish's words on her Lay and Go design should be changed to "Fake", "Lie", "Lazy", "Me, Me, Me"

Share Post

4 hours ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Thanks so much for posting this very surprising news, JohnnyStar5 - this is going to be verrry interesting! 

ITA - and Suzy definitely has what it takes to be a host, IMO.  Would love to see Suzy strut on the Q set, go up to Skunky and say "Hey colleague".  The look on the Skunk's face would be just priceless.  Yes, Shawn - you really need this job - more than you'll ever know...

Edited by LadyR. Reason: Surprise! Surprise! Surprise!

Share Post

Dana Perricone looks smaller and her hair seems thinner and is shorter. She looks radiant though, not at all ill.

Has she spoken of her illness of late?

59f9296c36098_ScreenShot2017-10-31at9_54_33PM.thumb.png.13dae9e85c12a4ec3ef3604d9cde391d.png

Ooooh! Interesting, I like Suzy. I hope she will still be on air.

Edited by CueVeeCeeGirl.

Share Post

2 hours ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

I prefer Shawn... kirsten is a click for me. i can actually watch Shawn.

Share Post

I can just see me buying that Lay 'n Go and just my luck, I would forget to tighten a nail polish cap or forget to clasp some makeup container and would happily tighten up that drawstring and later would open it and see the mess I created.  😝

Share Post

34 minutes ago, CueVeeCeeGirl said:

59f9296c36098_ScreenShot2017-10-31at9_54_33PM.thumb.png.13dae9e85c12a4ec3ef3604d9cde391d.png

What/Why does Skunky have on her head? And the over the top make-up????? Is she trying to be a Ladybug - like her Lay/N/Go bag?  Notice that they still have plenty of those that she's "designed".  They must not be selling well because she's telling us they're the most "paap-u-lar".   Curiously Skunky says she owns the chevron patterned bag, what, she doesn't own her own designs?   I about lost it when Skunky tapped on the pineapple choice and said it so reminded her of being on a vacation and how much she "really needs one right now!"

Yup.....I see a medical thingy or a family crisis looming, give her a couple of weeks.  This is the most animated I've seen her in months. Has she been eating too much Halloween candy?  She just pulled one of her classic non sequitur, and started rambling on about Muppet Diapers and how they changed colour when they're wet, which save her from having to open the diaper and check the "situation" out.  WTF?????

P.S:  notice the sparkly nails (all 10) are back this evening....

Edited by zoemom.

Share Post

Headline about Suzy Dyson - Suzy Hassan Traynor awarded best on-air personality honor

No one is more surprised than me to read this - I always thought she was a chatty Kathy airhead.  

Please gawd anything but a host ..... pllllllllllease.   Snerk.

Edited by Fishy.

Share Post

9 hours ago, Jaded said:

I've watched the Ho present their aromatherapy TS twice now. Instead of mentioning the ingredients that are in in the essential oils that come with the diffuser they keep putting down items like the plug ins from Bath & Body Works. The OAP acts like she doesn't really know anything about the oils except for the scents they come in which is probably the truth.

There are no other ingredients in the essential oils. Just the essential oil of course some of the cheap crap you can buy at Walmart or Amazon  is adulterated so that might have other ingredients but they seldom admit it. 

I think that diffuser is very pretty but I have about 5 already so not in the market for another one. 

Share Post

I would love is Susie became a host on QVC; she is super cute and fun to listen to - meaning enthusiastic (but not in the 6-shot espresso spazz Rickster), knowledgeable, and looks like someone a vendor of any kind could easily get along with.

CQkJW5mWsAArVqf.jpg

Share Post

Every time I've flipped to QVC Shawn is leaning on a table. It's bugging me..stand up straight! 

Share Post

14 hours ago, Jaded said:

L7kMJ2I.jpg.919959094ceaa7f5fcf435867a5a5ca8.jpglIatUje.jpg.74f11a62cfff6ef30a36191c2d72e68b.jpgxQDG52m.jpg.e4a722c3b10c9fe7bb3d72f52da28d37.jpg

Wild!  I haven't seen one of these in over 15 Years I think.  My mom brought some home from Japan...some kind of kumbaya energy serenity type thing LOL.   Ours was bigger though...longer strands and a bit more substantial looking....my guess is that they were more expensive than whatever price they were selling these for.   As it was explained to me, it's not for an itchy scalp, it's massages or activates scalp points...kind of like external acupuncture.  Hard for me to describe.  

When you use it you get goosebumps...almost like being tickled....maybe some people find this relaxing....I found it disturbing but I was just a kid.  LOL   If you like that pretingly preorgasmic kind of feeling...it's the magic head scratcher....are these things making a comeback?   How was ol Tony spinning this thing?    A good one should be substantial and obviously hit the right spots with light pressure.  It should never tangle in your hair.

Share Post

4 hours ago, CarpeDiem54 said:

I went to check out and see a post from Kerstin where she posted what Shawn gave her as a gift and said "Love you sweet mama"

Not my kind of thing, but it seemed to hold a lot of meaning for Kerstin since, as she said, her heart is in PA and CA.  I wonder if Shawn made this?

gift41_376064668465950350_n.jpg

Edited by lovemesomejoolery. Reason: OF COURSE Skunky didn't "make" this!

Share Post

11 minutes ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

I went to check out and see a post from Kerstin where she posted what Shawn gave her as a gift and said "Love you sweet mama"

Not my kind of thing, but it seemed to hold a lot of meaning for Kerstin since, as she said, her heart is in PA and CA.  I wonder if Shawn made this?

gift41_376064668465950350_n.jpg

https://www.etsy.com/listing/107568515/stained-texas-state-string-art-austin?gpla=1&gao=1&&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=shopping_us_a-art_and_collectibles-mixed_media_and_collage-other&utm_custom1=536b3220-7e97-45e5-b063-9744105ee027&gclid=Cj0KCQjwvuDPBRDnARIsAGhuAmbOr5wZyoOuVZf5qB-k_KEsLreYjEdr96uEmjG_zmuwPnr_5e_W78kaAuQ6EALw_wcB

Share Post

4 hours ago, hummingbird said:

That tells u something re: the party 

It says that Rachel is her only real friend among the Ladies Of The Q, though OES apparently gave her a gift - Cali & Pennsy = where her heart is:

22554731_1698787196806641_37606466846595

I'd have to abstain. Each one is annoying in her own unique way.

Share Post