Shopping Channel Shows

I believe QVC has gone off the rails.  I was watching an electric slicer/chopper the other night.  Two prices were on the screen  The black was about $36, and colors were about $54.  Have they ever done that before?

Share Post

2 hours ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

I'm new!  You all make me smile with delight for saying what gets me banned from HSN/QVC forums.

As for the older QVC gals, I am sure some are feeling the heat from the new batch, even though I can't warm up to them yet.

Maybe LIFO or FIFO fears.

And new Cathy P may look like Sandra, but Sandra is now channeling Cath...  last night with Josie...THE HAIR THE  HAIR

Welcome!

Have a cookie.

Share Post

15 hours ago, ITALIA said:

The ridiculously, overpriced, ugly cascading flowering necklace ($219 ) sold out. SMH.

Comment on her FB post under the pic from a male:

Hi cute Lisa so nice you brest nice chest and all body my friend.

The Douchess leaves this stupid comment up, but she deletes the posts when someone criticizes her. She's an effing IDIOT.

I think she posts "sold out" 24 hours after taking orders from her tribe - then she submits the order to her Chinese vendor who digs around in his back room to produce the junk a few weeks later.  Deceiving to say "sold out" - it's just her usual hurry, hurry to give me your $$$$ for pure garbage.

Share Post

4 minutes ago, Rustybones said:

I believe QVC has gone off the rails.  I was watching an electric slicer/chopper the other night.  Two prices were on the screen  The black was about $36, and colors were about $54.  Have they ever done that before?

Yes, they have.  I have seen it a few times during fashion shows. Once, it was a Dooney purse that came in a few shades/tones/colorways. 

They never said it plainly but it was the remnants of two different orders they were trying to off.

And no way would QVC leave a dime on the table. They could have priced all of them the same but we know better.

Share Post

Do some of you my age remember the K-tel record collection commercials and ads of that type?  I learned that they would run the ad a few months,  then submit an order to the vinyl pressing plant for the # of orders.....no need to stock inventory. ...that's why they said wait 6-8 weeks for delivery! 

Share Post

1 hour ago, Byteme said:

You know, not the tired, old, lame bubbles that they had in the past.

They are hip, dope, sic bubbles we have now. Sick Yo. 😑

Nice!

Share Post

5 minutes ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Do some of you my age remember the K-tel record collection commercials and ads of that type?  I learned that they would run the ad a few months,  then submit an order to the vinyl pressing plant for the # of orders.....no need to stock inventory. ...that's why they said wait 6-8 weeks for delivery! 

And that's a 3rd thing I learned today from this forum!

I remember the "not sold in stores" hype and knew that if I waited a good 6-12 months, Caldor, Zayres, Two Guys or Bradlees would have it! Although the songs were horribly "unpopular" by then...

Share Post

1 hour ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Duraflame: TSV tomorrow, the one that looks like a lantern...I actually like it

Keurig: New model called the K Select, so I'm sure it will be a special soon....offered first in only black and red, so they are working on the dozen exclusive colors... .

Double tap alert. 10-4, good buddy!

2 hours ago, seasons said:

I know that Kim Gravel isn't everyone's cup of tea, but she has really grown on me. She really is funny and seems to be very real.

Love to see her with Rick! 

I have to admit, me too.

Share Post

5 hours ago, Lady J said:

I love to wear black, and if Jill's would wear black that fits properly, and maybe add a color accessory, she would be fine. Also I know we all want to change our hair sometimes, but the longer hair doesn't work for our Jilly. JMO

Yes, she could. I was responding to the question of "why does she wear black?" 

Share Post

1 hour ago, LGGirl said:

I found this:

http://www.qvc.com/.product.F12812.html

I think I like it better than the TSV.   

ITA, LGGirl - and the Carousel model is more of an east-west design.  Nice access to compartments as well as color selection.

1 hour ago, Stacey1014 said:

I have that bag in the brushed walnut and black. While the TSV Style is nice, I prefer the shape of the Carousel. The wide rectangle design works better for me. 

Good for you, Stacey and also agree about the design - and both of those colors look great.  This is very tempting...

Share Post

3 hours ago, Rustybones said:

I hope you are not expecting a bout of diarrhea?

LOL.  Nope, I just have a thing about being well stocked with TP.  I have always had this obsession, even as a kid.  My Dad would get sooo aggravated with me when I'd point out that we were "almost out" and there were several rolls left.

🔹🔹🔹🔹

I watched a few minutes of Gomer and Officer Jayne this morning.  OJ couldn't rein Gomer in.  G kept raving about some jeggings while they were shilling a blouse.  OJ informed her, "We're not presenting that now" but Gomer went on and on.  Finally, they put the graphic up for those damned jeggings but the Officer said, "My producer tells me there are only a few pair left".

Gomer then went back to the blouse and said, "I pintucked the mess out of this!"  Wrong, Gomer!  Those are gathers, not pintucks, you mush mouthed weirdo.

Gomer suddenly ran off stage to try and find a sweater to tie around her waist because "This look really works with my jeggings".

It was totally out of control.  *click*

Share Post

4 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Fashion tells us a lot of things.  My motto:  Just because someone sells it, doesn't mean I should buy it.

Fashion:

glad boots.jpeg

These are awful! 

Shawn would like these. Jill doesn't wear these. She likes her black pants.

Share Post

Well, well, I'm sitting here watching The Chew and who should be in the audience but Lumberjackie and Deanna!!   They were sitting at the tasting table right behind the hosts.  They were demoing caramel apples and making the caramel sauce and she got to lick the spoon.  

Share Post

13 hours ago, Puddy said:

The Today's Special on HSN intrigued me so I did some looking.  It's only $20 bucksh so what the hell.  Well~~~

• The battery compartment is hard to open.
  • The handle is too short for a good back scrubbing.  
  • It's not waterproof or water resistant.
  • It's OK for shower use.
  • It's not OK for tub use.

Pass.

i had bought just the face one after 3 months it stopped working i thought maybe the battery died opened it up to see the whole inards rusted. No one said it wasn't waterproof. You would think it was cause you use it to wash with. You don't use it dry lesson learned

Share Post

4 hours ago, ViewerNotShopper said:

I caught the intro to Colleen's show and she said that Cyndi Lauper's show was postponed until early December, no reason given though. Maybe production issues. Judging by the 2 shoes in inventory, it would have been better-timed for Halloween rather than "holiday".

Screen shot 2017-10-27 at 8.46.05 AM.png

4 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

There's that fashion again!

What? You aren't liking what Cyndi is selling? 

Share Post

14 hours ago, Puddy said:

Eventually, the tattoos turn blue.  I will bet she could look into getting the lip line re-done with flesh colored ink.

Only ones that turn a deep blue is the black lines, and that's because you can't hold the red color. Some  people are allergic to reds and yellows and whites so they leech out. I fortunately hold all colors so all my tattoos are as vibrant as the day i got them, and I am almost 60

11 hours ago, seasons said:

Yes! And she is poised. 

How many other hosts can be described that way?

I love the word "poised". 

except when poise is used for underware liners for when you leak not !!!

Share Post

1 hour ago, hummingbird said:

also CZJ  accent slipped a bit, talking about Wales it was actually sweet

Wish I had heard this; it might have softened my attitude towards her a bit as less of a social-climbing wannbe.  I only saw the show with Frau last night.  Perhaps there is a video on MBR's fb page.

Share Post

11 minutes ago, Chrisb said:

Only ones that turn a deep blue is the black lines, and that's because you can't hold the red color. Some  people are allergic to reds and yellows and whites so they leech out. I fortunately hold all colors so all my tattoos are as vibrant as the day i got them, and I am almost 60

I wondered why!  Can you go over a darker color with a flesh tone?

I think a heavy duty concealer around the lips might work but of course, just like lipstick, you will talk and eat it off eventually.

Edited by Puddy. Reason: I know some people that work with plastic surgeons.

Share Post

Can I talk Nancy Hornback? What in God's name did the suits do to this sweet, harmless, dear girl?

Hopefully, some of the choices are her own.  But she doesn't get a "Closet", or a "Kitchen" and no "Box", either jewel or shoe.  Not even a self-named bad gift show.

I love Nancy... if one of the new broads gets a named show first, something is rotten in West Chester. ..

Share Post

2 minutes ago, Puddy said:

I wondered why!  Can you go over a darker color with a flesh tone?

I think a heavy duty concealer around the lips might work but of course, just like lipstick, you will talk and eat it off eventually.

you cant go lighter over a darker color it would only highlight it you can go over a lighter color with a darker. She is lucky in a way to tattoo it brown, but as we age our lips lose their color ergo the dark lip line stands out more.

Share Post

2 minutes ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

Regarding the use of black clothing in retail, just my two cents.  Having worked for a total of 6 years (from the time I turned 18 until two years after college) at a very large department store cosmetics counter, we wore the mandatory uniform of black skirt and white shirt.  The lines I sold (Clinique, Florie Roberts, Ralph Lauren- yes, he had his own cosmetics line in the 80's) dictated this "uniform".  They didn't care what the black bottom and white top looked like, as long as it was pure white and pure black - no other color allowed, no small little print allowed.  And black shoes.  Pumps, no toe showing allowed, no flats allowed, had to be at least an almost 3" heel.  Of course, Clinique demanded the clinical looking doctor's coat, as well!  

I was a rebel and I questioned it all.the.time.  Finally, I got an answer that somewhat made sense and it's all about marketing and merchandising.  Black and white doesn't scream at people or take their attention away from the product itself.  Those rows and rows of product on a cosmetic counter are there to be seen - you, as a representative of that line, were not there to be seen! -  and the marketing of these products and their placement on these counters, at least at the time, was thoughtfully and meticulously planned out in order to make people buy.  Clinique's quiet, pale green packaging would look somewhat harsh against the backdrop of a person wearing a Lily Pulitzer shift dress!    

All of this may be out the window now - I haven't really shopped for cosmetics in an actual department store for ages, except for maybe Nordstrom.  But I do notice that people who work at Ulta seem to follow this "uniform" and I believe Nordstrom cosmetic people still do the black and white uniform, too.

Exactly.  You dress for the setting.

Being in a department store is different than a high-tech television studio.

David and Jane's hair is a great example of how black "absorbs".  In real life, their hair might look a bit more real.  On camera, it takes on a helmet-like look ~

say it with me now~~

because of the lighting.

That's why Jill looks the way she does.

Share Post

1 hour ago, SheltieMom said:

I think she posts "sold out" 24 hours after taking orders from her tribe - then she submits the order to her Chinese vendor who digs around in his back room to produce the junk a few weeks later.  Deceiving to say "sold out" - it's just her usual hurry, hurry to give me your $$$$ for pure garbage.

This could be, but I think it's more about the limitations of the web platform she's using.  There's probably only one way she can stop taking advance orders and that's to push the button on her website that makes the product  "sold out".

Share Post

2 hours ago, LGGirl said:

I found this:

http://www.qvc.com/.product.F12812.html

I think I like it better than the TSV.   

Personally, I like that style/shape better.  I like the horizontal shapes.  If it had a built in wallet in that front pocket, I might buy it.  The lugs are pretty casual looking to me and not being someone who likes changing out bags, I prefer the Tignanello brand because they can look dressier and provide that organization at the same time.

I was just thinking but for all the pockets and slots in the TSV, when I watched a presentation, it looked like it would be hard to get into the bag.   

Edited by Fishy.

Share Post

13 hours ago, seasons said:

I got the tsv in black. 

Think I'm going to take a Sharpie and black out that stupid saying. Seriously.

you are right. Overused and unnecessary.

at least it is on the inside.

also lug lady is so incredibly annoying.

She is!! Her behavior reminds me of Sarah the loony Asian friend of Saffy on AbFab lol.

19 minutes ago, Fishy said:

Well, well, I'm sitting here watching The Chew and who should be in the audience but Lumberjackie and Deanna!!   They were sitting at the tasting table right behind the hosts.  They were demoing caramel apples and making the caramel sauce and she got to lick the spoon.  

really? how random lol!

Share Post

Keurig: New model called the K Select, so I'm sure it will be a special soon....offered first in only black and red, so they are working on the dozen exclusive colors... .

I bought one of them lanterns last year, really big and throws out some nice heat along the floor. For once they thought about that heat rises, start at the floor where my feet are cold!!

Share Post

Holy cow, Doris Dalton is sure all botoxed-up! Her mouth area is the only mobile portion of her face.

Edited by DownTheShore.

Share Post

1 minute ago, Chrisb said:

I bought one of them lanterns last year, really big and throws out some nice heat along the floor. For once they thought about that heat rises, start at the floor where my feet are cold!!

I like this and I really like the fireplace unit.  

Share Post

8 minutes ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Can I talk Nancy Hornback? What in God's name did the suits do to this sweet, harmless, dear girl?

Hopefully, some of the choices are her own.  But she doesn't get a "Closet", or a "Kitchen" and no "Box", either jewel or shoe.  Not even a self-named bad gift show.

I love Nancy... if one of the new broads gets a named show first, something is rotten in West Chester. ..

Thank goodness she doesn't have a closet show - have you seen some of her get-ups lately?

I think she is a sweet person, too.  But she's been off lately.  Some of us here have wondered if something is physically wrong with her.  At one point, she posted something about taking on a new role....but that doesn't seem to have materialized, unless this confused, haphazardly dressed person is that new role!  It can be tough to watch, sometimes, at least for me, because I remember her being so much better and not as fumbling as she is now.

Share Post

@leFay - you are not the only one learning new things today.  Thanks @Chrisb,  for the info on tattoos. I knew none of that before today.

Unlike the Rinna monster, I think there just might be a real human being deep down inside CZJ.  She seemed genuinely touched by the Elf's adoration during her last visit and the moment she had talking about her home country seemed real to me. too.  Those incidents may be few and far between, but at least they are there.

Share Post

57 minutes ago, Puddy said:

Double tap alert. 10-4, good buddy!

I have to admit, me too.

Her pants are great !

Share Post

Oh, thanks for the reminder...... I plan to get that lantern/heater.  Finally, something I actually want.  lol

Share Post

25 minutes ago, Fishy said:

Clinton probably hooked them up. I’m sure they have modeled his clothes on air. 

Share Post

Don't tell me they don't our board.  Since I posted a little while ago that the electric slicer/chopper had two prices it has gone to the same higher price as the colors.  They still have black in in stock.

This was before:

http://www.qvc.com/Cooks-Essentials-Electric-Mandoline-with-7-Blades-%26-Lid.product.K45560.html?sc=SRCH

And now:

http://www.qvc.com/Cooks-Essentials-Electric-Mandoline-with-7-Blades-%26-Lid.product.K45560.html?sc=SRCH

Edited to add they are now the same prices, same link, and I am not losing my mind.  I had the site open because I was thinking of ordering it.

Edited by Rustybones.

Share Post

11 minutes ago, CueVeeCeeGirl said:

She is!! Her behavior reminds me of Sarah the loony Asian friend of Saffy on AbFab lol.

really? how random lol!

Maybe Clinton got them on. 

Edited by Lady J. Reason: Answer was already addressed.

Share Post

@JohnnyStar5 - welcome to our snarky little playground.  So happy you found us!

I don't know how far back you read, but some of us are a little worried about Nancy H.  Lately she seems to be really struggling and instead of getting more comfy with the camera, she seems to be getting steadily worse.  Whether it is meno kicking her butt or, I sincerely hope not, her cancer is getting active again, something is clearly wrong.  I hope it resolves itself, because she does seem like a very nice person, and I am always rooting for a fellow Hoosier.

Share Post

Thanks for the welcome Denver and everyone else who greeted me...snark got me nailed on the Q board, as I believe it takes an IQ to understand,  which the mods there have not.

Sorry to read this about Nancy, as she has been a favorite since I started watching the Q....there is clearly a host caste system there which defies my logic.

Share Post

9 minutes ago, Stacey1014 said:

Clinton probably hooked them up. I’m sure they have modeled his clothes on air. 

If only Clinton would kidnap Jill!

Share Post

15 minutes ago, Rustybones said:

Edited to add they are now the same prices, same link, and I am not losing my mind. 

I know you are not losing your mind.  I have seen it too.  

Share Post

10 hours ago, Puddy said:

I was referring to the hyphen.  There is no need for it.  Catherine is her first name and Zeta is her middle name.

Her last name is not Zeta-Jones, it's just Jones.

It may be "working for her" but the hyphen is inaccurate and misleading.

It makes no sense.  For example ~

Mary Beth-Roe

Ummm, no.  Just Mary Beth Roe is fine.  No hyphen needed.

I agree, Puddy. Until I read about it on this forum, I didn't know Zeta was her middle name. I assumed it was either her maiden name or one of her parents' names. It does sound silly and pretentious to use the hyphen with a middle and last name. However, it's her name, her choice, I guess. (Just look at all the young people's names today that are broken up with unpronounceable apostrophes.)

I can't think of another celebrity who does this. Closest I can come is a celeb who hyphenated his first and middle names, Jan-Michael Vincent.

CZJ has a distinctive name, with Zeta, and she could get by just fine without the hyphen. There are other actresses who use their middle names without hyphens, such as Sarah Michelle Gellar, Jamie Lee Curtis, and Sarah Jessica Parker. Men too: Tommy Lee Jones, Neil Patrick Harris.

Edited by Coffeecup.

Share Post

6 hours ago, Lady J said:

I love to wear black, and if Jill's would wear black that fits properly, and maybe add a color accessory, she would be fine. Also I know we all want to change our hair sometimes, but the longer hair doesn't work for our Jilly. JMO

That's the thing. She dresses like she's going to a kid's school play. Wearing black is okay, but you have to add some color or contrast to make the look interesting.

IMO, there's nothing more stupid-looking, boring and monotonous than a flock of women at social gathering all dressed in their little black dresses and their black heels. They look like escapees from a funeral home. YMMV

Oh, Carolyn, not that top with that jacket!

These Enstrom candies are evil, I tell you. EVIL! I'm having them for lunch today. 😁 (I'm so glad I ordered two; the heck with giving one away as a gift!)

For those of you who got the Echo TSV, if you are an Amazon Prime subscriber and have enabled the Jeopardy skill, you now can also play Double Jeopardy after you finish the main game AND if you missed playing the game earlier in the week, you'll be offered the chance to play those days' Jeopardy and Double Jeopardy games.

Share Post

2 hours ago, zoemom said:

Since I really liked these shoes and I've had good experience with Clark's - their size 11's fit me well, I started doing a bit of research on the interweb.  No luck on Zappo's, DSW, Belk or Amazon.  Didn't see them on Macy's site so I called the local Macy's, no luck, they didn't carry them.  The local specialty shoe store did have them, size 11, but they wanted $110.  Just when I was ready to give up, I went to a site of a store called Elder Beerman. (My mom used to shop there about 20 years ago) I thought they'd gone out of business, but it looks like they do have a few stores left in Ohio.  They had the shoes and there they were a size 11! To make the deal even better, they had one day coupon for "friends and family" + another one for free standard shipping.  (I'm in no rush, waiting another week was fine with me).  Including sales tax, the shoes were $68.38! 

@zoemom good for you! I'm glad you are getting the shoes you wanted and QVC isn't getting your sale!

Share Post

I saw the mandoline with the pricing differential and immediately found it odd.

They often sell twin sheet sets same price as Cal King!  But color changes the price?

And they changed it back?  How strange....

Share Post

6 hours ago, leFay said:

It's early for me, but wouldn't she hyphenate her first two names then? Catherine-Zeta Jones? 

This morning I learned that La Douche has a shit brown lip tattoo.... How did I not know this?

The second thing I learned this morning is that La Douche actually has a name for her company... No really, I had no clue... I thought it was just a site named after her... Although in my defense, I never really READ anything on her site...

And I call bullshit in all her earlier stalker claims because she uses her actual address in the online public information for the company. You DON'T DO that if you're worried about your personal security. You use a PO Box number or a public mail drop address; of course then she'd have to pay to use them, and we know how little she likes to do that.

💢💢💢sigh,merged again💢💢💢

5 hours ago, ViewerNotShopper said:

I caught the intro to Colleen's show and she said that Cyndi Lauper's show was postponed until early December, no reason given though. Maybe production issues. Judging by the 2 shoes in inventory, it would have been better-timed for Halloween rather than "holiday".

Screen shot 2017-10-27 at 8.46.05 AM.png

They look like shoes a cartoon character might wear. Interesting but not for me.

Edited by DownTheShore.

Share Post

1 hour ago, TexasTiffany said:

These are awful! 

Shawn would like these. Jill doesn't wear these. She likes her black pants.

You're right. Shawn has the shoe on the right, or one just like it. It's hideous on her.

59f3320d251ba_gladboots.jpeg.ce862bce47d9f5c1f2f756191b737479.jpeg.d491be442731bce2d8593da198daa0fc.jpeg

1 hour ago, Fishy said:

I remember when they told Skunk they went on the show and got to taste, she was soo jealous.

Share Post

tumblr_nwtctmxB4X1s2f16eo2_400.gif

Hazel's style seems to be an inspiration for the home shopping networks.  Shoes, hair, makeup and even home décor.

Edited by mpeeps.

Share Post

Ok ladies, answer me this: the denim jacket over everything is truly the thing now?  With a skirt, a dress?  They are all over 16 so it doesn't always work.  Over the past few months I think all of them on the Q have done it..on HSN it seems not so much.

Share Post

42 minutes ago, DownTheShore said:

Holy cow, Doris Dalton is sure all botoxed-up! Her mouth area is the only mobile portion of her face.

Doris definitely has to ease up on the Botox - yes, the mouth area is still mobile but her lips look fuller than before - collagen injections, perhaps?  And I'm a big fan of her Doll 10 Nude Lip Wardrobe with Collagen Tri-Peptides (QVC Item # A275419).  The colors are very flattering (especially for us women of a certain age), moisturizing, and they wear pretty well.  Most of all, they make lips look fuller - no collagen injections necessary, IMO.

Share Post

4 hours ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

I'm new!  You all make me smile with delight for saying what gets me banned from HSN/QVC forums.

As for the older QVC gals, I am sure some are feeling the heat from the new batch, even though I can't warm up to them yet.

Maybe LIFO or FIFO fears.

And new Cathy P may look like Sandra, but Sandra is now channeling Cath...  last night with Josie...THE HAIR THE  HAIR

Welcome to the gang! 😁

I thought the same thing when I saw her. I wonder if it is a bit of psychological warfare on her part, making nuSandra seem to be a pale and unnecessary imitation of herself?

Share Post