Shopping Channel Shows

12 hours ago, hummingbird said:

whole day of squeaky voice saying baig 

yes agree synthetic has it's place, depending on where worn.

for instance, I got a pair of fake suede OTK boots for $60, look like real and that's about what I was will to pay for that look 

but an fake leather won't keep your feet warm IMO 

I wear them with alpaca socks.

Share Post

What is this I see? Why is CZJ hawking cheap bedding? Does she have a need for her to be "out there"?  I'm actually looking forward to watching the THREE Griselda Blanco's films coming out (on tv I think). She was the Queen of Cocaine, the Godmother.  Jen Lopez and CZJ and one other actress are playing her.  She really annoys me.  She's going to be a grandma soon.  Instead of Grandma, she should be called Drama.

Share Post

15 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Okay, pet peeve time.  When people (Jill in this case), use the word shade instead of color.  A shade is a subset of a color Jilly.  I'm not saying it right, but to say "let's go through the shades" is wrong imo.  

I know, stupid.

Shade and tone, they make mistakes using both those words.

Share Post

13 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

Poor Jilly Bean.  Next to colorful, willowy CZJ, she looks like SpongeBob SquarePants dressed for a funeral.

Lol! And she didn't have one of those stupid "cards" for some product. You just knew she was pissed but was holding it together in front of Mrs Douglas.

"Do you have my card?" she says so nicely to some production peon. 

Fuck those cards. Humblebrag has dyslexia and doesn't use them. They have oaps on for every freaking product now but I've never seen them rely so much on these cards as they do now.

Hate to say it, but maybe she needs a leave or something. For real.

Then again, she could ask Jacque G how that worked out.

Edited by seasons.

Share Post

26 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Okay, pet peeve time.  When people (Jill in this case), use the word shade instead of color.  A shade is a subset of a color Jilly.  I'm not saying it right, but to say "let's go through the shades" is wrong imo.  

I know, stupid.

No, you are right.  

Shade.gif

Edited by Puddy. Reason: Had to throw some Andy in there.

Share Post

2 minutes ago, Thelmalou said:

Shoulder pads are not a friend to Frau.  Why is it that every pair of shoes she wears they look like they’re designed for someone 20-30 years her senior?

She has had knee surgery and can't really do anything "fashionable".  That's a bitch.  I was surprised to see her in a heel.  I just wish she would cut her hair.  Right now, she is a shapeless mound from top to bottom.  The hair is blending into her shoulders and then it just continues all the way down.  I am sure she wore all black because she thinks it's slimming but she has no shape or contrast.  What she looks like in person is not how it comes across on television and she knows this.

Jill, please.  Look at Laura Geller for some clothing ideas.

While you are at it, pay attention to Laura's hair color and length.  You are trying to hide your cheeks and neck and guess what?

It looks like exactly like what you are trying to do and it's not working.  

That cocker spaniel hair style needs to go.

Share Post

6 minutes ago, Thelmalou said:

Shoulder pads are not a friend to Frau.  Why is it that every pair of shoes she wears they look like they’re designed for someone 20-30 years her senior?

A0749156-FA17-4CA8-AC4F-C60224EB2E04.jpeg

She really is style challenged, but it seems she likes what she likes.  A lot of people, mostly women, seem to default to black, especially if they're not liking what's going on in the mirror.  I know all about this.  There is also a school that believes it is the appropriate dress code for retail stores, hair salons, etc.  I dunno which category Jilly is in, probably a mix of all.  We know TPTB don't seem to get involved, so the hosts must have some really loose contracts where dress is concerned.

Share Post

Oy vey.

Frau quoting "Grandma's Feather Bed" song by John Denver to CZJ while selling hers.

Like CZJ has ever heard that song.

These two are so incredibly mismatched. Twice.

Share Post

The Lug TSV has the overused "Live, Laugh, Love" inspirational verse written on it.  WHY?    Gag!

Share Post

The Today's Special on HSN intrigued me so I did some looking.  It's only $20 bucksh so what the hell.  Well~~~

• The battery compartment is hard to open.
  • The handle is too short for a good back scrubbing.  
  • It's not waterproof or water resistant.
  • It's OK for shower use.
  • It's not OK for tub use.

Pass.

Share Post

1 hour ago, Denver Hoosier said:

My snow was just a dusting, but it really dropped thre temp.  I just walked the dog and we both came in shivering.

Wow, you ARE prepped!  If snowmageddon strikes, I will hitch up my Daragan and mush on over to your place.  He will bring his own 35 lb bag of kibble.  lol

Does the Q sell dogsleds?  lol

It is colder than a witch's you know what out.  Come on over!  I also stocked up on Diet Dr Pepper!

57 minutes ago, DownTheShore said:

Shade and tone, they make mistakes using both those words.

At least the dreaded "colorway" wasn't used.

🔹🔹🔹🔹

My TV listing said Cindy Lauper was supposed to be on the Ho tonight.  Not a pink hair in sight.  I wonder what happened?

Edited by CarpeDiem54. Reason: ONLY EIGHT WEEKS UNTIL CHRISTMAS!!!!

Share Post

24 minutes ago, Thumper said:

The Lug TSV has the overused "Live, Laugh, Love" inspirational verse written on it.  WHY?    Gag!

I got the tsv in black. 

Think I'm going to take a Sharpie and black out that stupid saying. Seriously.

you are right. Overused and unnecessary.

at least it is on the inside.

also lug lady is so incredibly annoying.

Edited by seasons. Reason: Get off my lawn.

Share Post

1 minute ago, seasons said:

I cannot take a day full of baigs.

Share Post

15 minutes ago, Thumper said:

They had me...and then ack, gag, ugh no way after they revealed the cheesiness. Peace, laugh, spend, love, hate, scream, drink coffee, nap...stop telling me what to do. Pics are on my phone not in my purse next to an "inspirational" message. YMMV 

Share Post

Just now, Puddy said:

I cannot take a day full of baigs.

and lugnuts.

1 minute ago, BecomingLimited said:

They had me...and then ack, gag, ugh no way after they revealed the cheesiness. Peace, laugh, spend, love, hate, scream, drink coffee, nap...stop telling me what to do. Pics are on my phone not in my purse next to an "inspirational" message. YMMV 

but... but... you are blessed!

you live for weekends!

dont you want everyone to know? ;)

puke.

Share Post

3 minutes ago, seasons said:

I got the tsv in black. 

Think I'm going to take a Sharpie and black out that stupid saying.

you are right. Overused and unnecessary.

at least it is on the inside.

Great idea @seasons about the sharpie. I thought about electrical tape but sharpie is smarter. I may cave but stand solidly against the Pollyanna-isms!

Share Post

53 minutes ago, Thelmalou said:

A0749156-FA17-4CA8-AC4F-C60224EB2E04.jpeg

If she's going to wear jackets that have shoulder pads she should pay for the tailoring to fit them to her shoulders.

I don't know what the expenses are in her life, but she gives the impression of being tight with the money.

Does Mr. Frau work, or is he another consultant?

Share Post

18 minutes ago, BecomingLimited said:

Great idea @seasons about the sharpie. I thought about electrical tape but sharpie is smarter. I may cave but stand solidly against the Pollyanna-isms!

As part of my Sharpie hoard stash (I have a little Sharpie collection), I have a King Size Sharpie (or two, *ahem*) that will he called up from the ranks for the job. I'm just going to trace right over the embroidery or whatever is is. Did you see the crappy wallet that goes with it? That lame saying is right on the outside. As if!

I too hate those preachy, obnoxious sayings. ⚠🚩🚧

tumblr_mon9o4vrih1sw6y1go1_500.gif

Edited by seasons. Reason: Love "Clueless". Cher, Dionne, Elton.

Share Post

12 minutes ago, DownTheShore said:

If she's going to wear jackets that have shoulder pads she should pay for the tailoring to fit them to her shoulders.

I don't know what the expenses are in her life, but she gives the impression of being tight with the money.

Does Mr. Frau work, or is he another consultant?

Jill spends money on good clothing but she will not bother to get it tailored.  She is a tomboy at heart so I am sure that influences (what we see as) her lack of style.

Many pounds ago, she was wearing Missoni.  She calls her style something clever like "quietly elegant" or "quietly upscale".

No, Jill.  It's pretty damn loud and it's saying you are clueless.

If she does not care about clothing or she is too busy, she needs to look into personal shoppers.

Share Post

Wow!

Nu Courtney looks extra fab tonight! 

A lot of makeup but it is flawless.

Really lovely! Classy, elegant, respectful of the job, herself, the product, the viewers...

Trying to think of who she reminds me of... drawing a blank for now.

Edited by seasons.

Share Post

16 minutes ago, seasons said:

Wow!

Nu Courtney looks extra fab tonight! 

A lot of makeup but it is flawless.

Really lovely! Classy, elegant, respectful of the job, herself, the product, the viewers...

Trying to think of who she reminds me of... drawing a blank for now.

She really is lovely! She wants this job and it shows; she is clean, groomed, dressed appropriately, and knows about the products she is presenting. 

Share Post

6 minutes ago, BecomingLimited said:

She really is lovely! She wants this job and it shows; she is clean, groomed, dressed appropriately, and knows about the products she is presenting. 

Yes! And she is poised. 

How many other hosts can be described that way?

I love the word "poised". 

Share Post

57 minutes ago, BecomingLimited said:

I don't like words on clothing and accessories, regardless of whether the words are Pollyanna-ish or subversive (the good old "eat shit and die" T-shirt). I'd rather make up my own mood as I go along. I might be all ES&D for the first part of the day, then mellow out to "peace and love" by sundown.

Share Post

1 hour ago, Puddy said:

Jill spends money on good clothing but she will not bother to get it tailored.  She is a tomboy at heart so I am sure that influences (what we see as) her lack of style.

Many pounds ago, she was wearing Missoni.  She calls her style something clever like "quietly elegant" or "quietly upscale".

No, Jill.  It's pretty damn loud and it's saying you are clueless.

If she does not care about clothing or she is too busy, she needs to look into personal shoppers.

No, she's moved into the "quietly ill-fitting" style that those of us who have put on too much weight as we've aged know well. But she should be able to afford the tailoring to get things to fit properly, so there's no reason to slide into that mode.

God knows that I've never been a fashion plate, but Jilly Bean, when even I can see what you're doing wrong, you've got a real problem. And don't give us the line about being a "busy mom"; all of the women on this forum who've raised children have been "busy moms", and those who also worked outside the home at the same time probably worked longer hours for less money than you have in decades. So you have no valid excuse.

💢💢💢💢💢💢💢💢💢

I like the Lug TSV, even with the unnecessary saying, but it's the end of the month and there's no more discretionary money left in the budget, and no Easy Pies are being offered. Besides which, I have some new pocketbooks that I haven't even used yet, so I need to put a brake on the "ooooh, look at that new Lug/Travelon/whatever handbag" behavior right now.

Edited by DownTheShore.

Share Post

9 minutes ago, DownTheShore said:

No, she's moved into the "quietly ill-fitting" style that those of us who have put on too much weight as we've aged know well. But she should be able to afford the tailoring to get things to fit properly, so there's no reason to slide into that mode.

God knows that I've never been a fashion plate, but Jilly Bean, when even I can see what you're doing wrong, you've got a real problem. And don't give us the line about being a "busy mom"; all of the women on this forum who've raised children have been "busy moms", and those who also worked outside the home at the same time probably worked longer hours for less money than you have in decades. So you have no valid excuse.

Let me sum it up further~

a six inch "hem" on white jeans.

If that does not say I don't give a shit, I don't know what would.

I mean, does she know her inseam?  I will bet she does.

All she has to do is tell them the length.  No need to take the time to have anything pinned.

Edited by Puddy.

Share Post

3 hours ago, Puddy said:

If Cathy Zeta Jones can be on QVC2, why can't Shawn do a turn on there?

PS and by the way~

I have no idea why she hyphenates Zeta and Jones.  

Her dad's name is David Jones and her mom's maiden name is Patricia Fair.

She was named after her grandmothers - Zeta Jones and Catherine Fair.

Shouldn't her name be Catherine Zeta Jones?  Zeta is her middle name, not part of her last name.

She must think it looks all cool and shit.

She's an actress. Catherine Jones sounds more common and might already be listed in the Screen Actors Guild. It's working for her. Everyone knows that name. 

4 hours ago, CarpeDiem54 said:

@Denver Hoosier - You got snow?  I didn't even get a flake although I had a massive Safeway delivery two days ago.  My favorite toilet paper was on sale for $3.99 for 12 double rolls.  I have 60 rolls stockpiled along with batteries, fully stocked flashlights, my Luminara candles are ready and I have enough food for the Russian Army.  I even have logs for the fireplace.  Beef stew and cornbread muffins are on the menu.  Mrlovesme would be proud.

Going by QVC's selling tactics, you have 60 thoughtful gifts in your hoarding closet. I'm a bit tired and first read that next part with batteries thinking "people stick a battery in anything now... why do we need light up toilet paper?"

4 hours ago, Puddy said:

Yes, they are willing but they are not well informed and cannot deal with the truth therefore, their "willingness" is questionable.

Huh? They choose to purchase or not. No one is forcing them. 

The Lug TSV doesn't interest me at all. I've learned to expect more of QVC. They keep letting me down. 

On a side note, I'm still enjoying my Lock'n'Lock TSV. I use those pieces every day. 

Share Post

3 hours ago, DownTheShore said:

I think that when a snowfall is expected we should all ask ourselves "WWMLD?", and make sure we have the proper amount of supplies laid in. I know that I always make sure that I have the basics: toilet paper and Pop-Tarts. 😁

LOL We all have our go-to items. I got a pressure cooker from QVC 10 years ago. One of the best purchases I made. I stock up on dried beans, long grain rice, and ramen. When the snow starts falling, I can put dried beans and veggies in the pressure cooker and have a hearty soup in 45 minutes. I know I've got multiple meals secured in my pantry even if I've got nothing else. I have them stored in my Lock'n'Locks. hehe. 

3 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

She really is style challenged, but it seems she likes what she likes.  A lot of people, mostly women, seem to default to black, especially if they're not liking what's going on in the mirror.  I know all about this.  There is also a school that believes it is the appropriate dress code for retail stores, hair salons, etc.  I dunno which category Jilly is in, probably a mix of all.  We know TPTB don't seem to get involved, so the hosts must have some really loose contracts where dress is concerned.

The fashion industry has told us for years to wear black. 

Share Post

14 minutes ago, TexasTiffany said:

She's an actress. Catherine Jones sounds more common and might already be listed in the Screen Actors Guild. It's working for her. Everyone knows that name. 

I was referring to the hyphen.  There is no need for it.  Catherine is her first name and Zeta is her middle name.

Her last name is not Zeta-Jones, it's just Jones.

It may be "working for her" but the hyphen is inaccurate and misleading.

It makes no sense.  For example ~

Mary Beth-Roe

Ummm, no.  Just Mary Beth Roe is fine.  No hyphen needed.

Share Post

3 hours ago, CarpeDiem54 said:

It is colder than a witch's you know what out.  Come on over!  I also stocked up on Diet Dr Pepper!

I can bring Cheetos and Pizza Rolls. 

2 minutes ago, Puddy said:

I was referring to the hyphen.  There is no need for it.  Catherine is her first name and Zeta is her middle name.

Her last name is not Zeta-Jones, it's just Jones.

It may be "working for her" but the hyphen is inaccurate and misleading.

It makes no sense.  For example ~

Mary Beth-Roe

Ummm, no.  Just Mary Beth Roe is fine.  No hyphen needed.

I think you missed my point. That's what she chose.

Share Post

1 hour ago, Coffeecup said:

I don't like words on clothing and accessories, regardless of whether the words are Pollyanna-ish or subversive (the good old "eat shit and die" T-shirt). I'd rather make up my own mood as I go along. I might be all ES&D for the first part of the day, then mellow out to "peace and love" by sundown.

I'm not a fan of sayings on clothing either. I'd wear maybe a tee shirt but there would be a reason for it. On a bag, definitely not. 

Doris Dalton came on and was talking about Christmas music. Time to change the channel. 

Everyone knows the LBD. Everyone's go-to pants color is black. Pairing it with a black blazer isn't out of the ordinary. 

Edited by TexasTiffany.

Share Post

Someone upthread mentioned HSN's studio sets are more festive. I totally agree! Their Christmas tree is beautiful. Someone has taken a lot of time and care to decorate. What a difference from QVC. It's "A Tale of Two Shopping Channels."

Edited by TexasTiffany.

Share Post

52 minutes ago, TexasTiffany said:

I'm not a fan of sayings on clothing either. I'd wear maybe a tee shirt but there would be a reason for it. On a bag, definitely not. 

Doris Dalton came on and was talking about Christmas music. Time to change the channel. 

Everyone knows the LBD. Everyone's go-to pants color is black. Pairing it with a black blazer isn't out of the ordinary. 

No one said a black jacket with black pants was "out of the ordinary". 

It's Jill's uniform for the most part and it makes her look like a shapeless blob. Being on television enhances the blob look because nothing is "broken up". 

Laura Geller dresses for her size (large), her height (short), comfort (flat shoes) and for television.

Dressing for the camera is slightly different than just being able to slap on some black clothing from head to toe.

Jill knows this.

Share Post

9 hours ago, Bronxie Babe said:

Welcome, @FAS13!  Love your Fatty Arbuckle avatar.  He was a seminal comedian but much underrated for a long time.  Deserves to be up there with Chaplin, Keaton (whom he mentored), and Lloyd.

I've heard of See's candy but never had it.  Thanks for the heads up!

I am a Scot-a-phile I guess, lol.  Used to enjoy Monarch of the Glen when it ran on my PBS station.

http://www.sees.com/

Share Post

9 hours ago, Bronxie Babe said:

Welcome, @FAS13!  Love your Fatty Arbuckle avatar.  He was a seminal comedian but much underrated for a long time.  Deserves to be up there with Chaplin, Keaton (whom he mentored), and Lloyd.

I've heard of See's candy but never had it.  Thanks for the heads up!

I am a Scot-a-phile I guess, lol.  Used to enjoy Monarch of the Glen when it ran on my PBS station.

http://www.sees.com/

Share Post

2 hours ago, TexasTiffany said:

style challenged, but it seems she likes what she likes.

that's all well and good, but she is on TV in the fashion/beauty and retail biz.  

So I think the standards should be a bit higher there, but that's my opinion,  I think money for her isn't the barrier

Share Post

Who wants to have live laugh love printed on their wallet or bag???  Not me.  Ugh

ETA - it appears this subject has already been addressed up thread - sorry to repeat - didn't read first.

Edited by Fishy.

Share Post

For those of you who are just loving the "live laugh Love" statement on the lining of those baigs, you'll love this, which I found under QVC's Top Find's tab:

Crystal Heart Empowerment Gemstones with pouch - you, too, can have confidence, success, creativity - whatever you need! - by purchasing one of these.  It even comes with it's own embossed "property patch" (whatever that is).  Only $54.72 with $5.50 S/H.

But hurry - it's a One Day Only Price, good for only 20 more hours.....................then all of this fabulous-ness goes up to $66.00

QVC gave people quite the discount on that one.  Here's a link, in case you're tempted to give one to your postman/woman and grocery checker:

http://www.qvc.com/Crystal-Heart-Empowerment-Gemstones-with-Pouch.product.M54886.html?sc=PRODFEED

Share Post

For those of you who like Luminara, I got something I've been looking at for over a year.  Amazon has two colors - white with silver tips and brown with gold tips, while Frontgate (their Dream Candle line is Luminara) has numerous colors, but they come in at a whopping $59 at Frontgate.  QVC has just one color, white with silver.

http://www.qvc.com/Luminara-Flameless-Pinecone-Candle.product.H294117.html?sc=SRCH

I got my two from Amazon Prime - the white one was $36 and the brown one was $39.  They came in yesterday and I couldn't be happier with them.

Share Post

7 minutes ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

For those of you who are just loving the "live laugh Love" statement on the lining of those baigs, you'll love this, which I found under QVC's Top Find's tab:

Crystal Heart Empowerment Gemstones with pouch - you, too, can have confidence, success, creativity - whatever you need! - by purchasing one of these.  It even comes with it's own embossed "property patch" (whatever that is).  Only $54.72 with $5.50 S/H.

But hurry - it's a One Day Only Price, good for only 20 more hours.....................then all of this fabulous-ness goes up to $66.00

QVC gave people quite the discount on that one.  Here's a link, in case you're tempted to give one to your postman/woman and grocery checker:

http://www.qvc.com/Crystal-Heart-Empowerment-Gemstones-with-Pouch.product.M54886.html?sc=PRODFEED

😵🙄😵🙄

Share Post

3 hours ago, TexasTiffany said:

LOL We all have our go-to items. I got a pressure cooker from QVC 10 years ago. One of the best purchases I made. I stock up on dried beans, long grain rice, and ramen. When the snow starts falling, I can put dried beans and veggies in the pressure cooker and have a hearty soup in 45 minutes. I know I've got multiple meals secured in my pantry even if I've got nothing else. I have them stored in my Lock'n'Locks. hehe. 

The fashion industry has told us for years to wear black. 

I love to wear black, and if Jill's would wear black that fits properly, and maybe add a color accessory, she would be fine. Also I know we all want to change our hair sometimes, but the longer hair doesn't work for our Jilly. JMO

Share Post

31 minutes ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

I am all for spending your money however you want, but if any one here is interested, I will take an Starbux gift card for $50 instead and save you 10

Pat and Mary were wearing the tSV baig, and it looked better on than the picture on the home page

Share Post

Need to comment on this gem from Katie M

selling philosophy gel “not the bubbles of yesteryear “

so someone must have told her to use that tired phrase 

Share Post

4 hours ago, TexasTiffany said:

Someone upthread mentioned HSN's studio sets are more festive. I totally agree! Their Christmas tree is beautiful. Someone has taken a lot of time and care to decorate. What a difference from QVC. It's "A Tale of Two Shopping Channels."

That's weird. I've always felt HSN is way more tacky. HSN has always has such a bare bone set whereas QVC has a beautiful home, patio and garage. Also, I think the tress are nicer on the Q. Granted, they have a lot of crap on them, too. Why even get a tree if you are going to cover it up. LOL!!

Share Post

9 hours ago, Puddy said:

If Cathy Zeta Jones can be on QVC2, why can't Shawn do a turn on there?

PS and by the way~

I have no idea why she hyphenates Zeta and Jones.  

Her dad's name is David Jones and her mom's maiden name is Patricia Fair.

She was named after her grandmothers - Zeta Jones and Catherine Fair.

Shouldn't her name be Catherine Zeta Jones?  Zeta is her middle name, not part of her last name.

She must think it looks all cool and shit.

It's early for me, but wouldn't she hyphenate her first two names then? Catherine-Zeta Jones? 

9 hours ago, kittygirl said:

Those butt pucker lip lines would give me pause too. Douchess gave in to the tattoo liner fad a few years ago and is living proof that some beauty fads are just shit. Or brown shit streaks. Once you have shit streaks around your mouth, you can't undo them. Add plumpers too and you have lumpy, wavy shit streaks.

This morning I learned that La Douche has a shit brown lip tattoo.... How did I not know this?

8 hours ago, Puddy said:

Lisa said her goal was to sell beautiful, unusual, different, high quality items at good prices.  Hell, the name of her company is Smarter Luxury, LLC!

The second thing I learned this morning is that La Douche actually has a name for her company... No really, I had no clue... I thought it was just a site named after her... Although in my defense, I never really READ anything on her site...

Share Post

30 minutes ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

such a stupid phrase - bubbles of yesteryear

WTF does that even mean?

The only thing that comes to mind is Mr. Bubbles. 

Or maybe .... "Calgon, take me away!!!"

Share Post