Shopping Channel Shows

Carrying on from the original topic which was closed because it was about a billion posts long.

Share Post

1086 pages was a long run for a first thread.

Share Post

Oof. Carolyn really needs to cover up those knees / legs right now. That dress isn't doing her any favors.

A longer skirt like Pollack' s would be much better. 

Those beige ringholders look dirty on my tv. Yuk. 

Share Post

25 minutes ago, Rustybones said:

Wish I knew what was going on.

IphRE3S.jpgDitto !!   Iao18Dc.jpg

Share Post

On the original shopping channel board that was just closed due to its length....did I just see a post from Jodura, right at the end of those posts?  Only the block was blank.  Did I imagine this just now?  Did anyone else see that?

Share Post

4 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

On the original shopping channel board that was just closed due to its length....did I just see a post from Jodura, right at the end of those posts?  Only the block was blank.  Did I imagine this just now?  Did anyone else see that?

Yes, there were 2 blank ones.  She needs to come back!

Share Post

I saw a blank post too with a blank quote box in it.  Day2Day, so happy to see you.  We need some new gifs for Skunky's trip to the Dr. for acupuncture and an annual bath.

Share Post

I hope someone didn't blast her for some reason in a PM.  All I saw from her was a sweet, lovely, funny lady.

LOL mpeeps - Skunky's ceremonial annual bath!

Share Post

Shawn's shows for today and tomorrow have been dropped from my cable scroll.  She must have left sooner than I had anticipated.

Share Post

3 minutes ago, Puddy said:

Shawn's shows for today and tomorrow have been dropped from my cable scroll.  She must have left sooner than I had anticipated.

I got my hopes up and thought you meant permanently.  I guess you meant her trip to Michigan.

Share Post

1 hour ago, Rustybones said:

Wish I knew what was going on.

yeah - you and me both ?!?

Share Post

I hope HSN realizes that the old school hosts (well, except for Shannon Smith) are usually better than these new ninnies they have hired.  I am tired of seeing and hearing little girls trapped in adult bodies stumble and bumble through presentations.  Even if it is 3:00 a.m., they need to be on point.

Share Post

Wow! Someone is upset about something! Call me "thick," but sometimes I wonder if the powers that be can tell this site to "knock it off," once in a while??? Just my suspicious nature, I guess!

Share Post

1 hour ago, ownedbysetters said:

Well I guess I'm 'firsties'.  Kind of a surprise, though.

Me, too....was scared for a minute!

But I found all of you!!

Share Post

35 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

You did not imagine it.  Maybe she had problems with the site and will find her way back to us!

39 minutes ago, ownedbysetters said:

I hope someone didn't blast her for some reason in a PM.  All I saw from her was a sweet, lovely, funny lady.

LOL mpeeps - Skunky's ceremonial annual bath!

I second that - Jodura was so lovely.

Share Post

When I saw topic is closed I got upset thinking it was closed forever 

Share Post

Yes, David Cole can (and will) shut this forum down if a situation comes up.  There are general rules that apply to all forums and the moderators are pretty cool as long as nothing goes against the website's guidelines.  Go to the very bottom of any page, all the way to the black footer.  Click on Terms of Use. 

Lather.  Rinse.  Repeat.

Share Post

32 minutes ago, Puddy said:

I can't tell you how sorry I am to hear this.......NOT!  (as Fishy always says!)

Share Post

Well, I was very surprised to see her shows missing...ummm, you know, because she just could not get any time off of work and all.

Riiiight.

Share Post

1 minute ago, Puddy said:

Well, I was very surprised to see her shows missing...ummm, you know, because she just could not get any time off of work and all.

Riiiight.

yeah, yep, uh-huh.......riiiiiight!

Share Post

She's on on Monday. Off next Friday also. Then back the following Monday. Strange all around, I must say. 

Share Post

Yes, I saw that.  Wonder if it will change.

Share Post

39 minutes ago, Puddy said:

I hope HSN realizes that the old school hosts (well, except for Shannon Smith) are usually better than these new ninnies they have hired.  I am tired of seeing and hearing little girls trapped in adult bodies stumble and bumble through presentations.  Even if it is 3:00 a.m., they need to be on point.

Ugh, Shannon Fox...

Share Post

She is a squeaky little thing, ain't she?

Share Post

HSN caught my attention with theirToday's Special.  Have to say that umbrella is something I've never seen before so they get points for 'new'.

The changes going on at HSN made me wonder if Lydd Burphy's days were numbered.  Guess not.

Share Post

Just what is the BF deal of that stupid lock and key tassels on the GILI bags.  Is that really something significant???  I've seen it pointed out more than several times and each time I think who gives a rip???  Please please I'm begging you to give me a reason to get excited over a product.  I'm a creature of habit - I'll be waiting.

ETA - Thanks Carolyn for the reminder that I need at least TWO of the bags and then I probably should get a few for my gift closet or for all my relatives living and dead.  Don't get on my nerves woman!!!

Edited by Fishy.

Share Post

1 hour ago, SentimentalLady said:

Yes, there were 2 blank ones.  She needs to come back!

I am coming back.  Thanks so much, SL.

Share Post

2 minutes ago, Jodura said:

Oh everyone will be sooo relieved.  Everyone was worried wha happened?!?

Share Post

3 minutes ago, Fishy said:

Just what is the BF deal of that stupid lock and key tassels on the GILI bags.  Is that really something significant???  I've seen it pointed out more than several times and each time I think who gives a rip???  Please please I'm begging you to give me a reason to get excited over a product.  I'm a creature of habit - I'll be waiting.

I got nothing, sorry.

They are fugly over-priced bags, that's all I've got.

Share Post

3 minutes ago, Fishy said:

It's so people will think you're carrying an uber sheek real designer handbag, don't you know!

The only problem is, the people you'd be trying to impress- the ones who actually own the real designer bags- can spot the cheap knock-offs in a heartbeat. Color them NOT impressed!

Share Post

I live in a large metro area.  I have seen ads for resale of designer bags.  They look for Kors, Chloe, Dooney, Coach but strangely enough?  NO GILI.  Hmmm...

Share Post

5 minutes ago, Jodura said:

Yay!!!  You have made my day. :)

Share Post

6 minutes ago, Jodura said:

Awesome!  Cannot wait to "see" you again!

2 minutes ago, unicorn7 said:

I live in a large metro area.  I have seen ads for resale of designer bags.  They look for Kors, Chloe, Dooney, Coach but strangely enough?  NO GILI.  Hmmm...

Shocker

Share Post

My guess?  It's Jill's way of throwing shade.  Lisa's tassels were huge and looked cheap.  They shed like crazy and the wrapping at the top looked like a pre-school art project.  Just tacky for the most part.

The new, smaller tassels look better and I think Jill is trying to put some distance between the old GILI and the new GILI.  Can't say I blame her.

If you go way back on this forum, you will see a picture of a poster in a black t-shirt covered in shavings from her first GILI bag.  That mess was from the tassel.

Edited by Puddy. Reason: Lisa's tassels were huge? I have to be the first person that said that. Ever.

Share Post

6 minutes ago, Puddy said:

My guess?  It's Jill's way of throwing shade.  Lisa's tassels were huge and looked cheap.  They shed like crazy and the wrapping at the top looked like a pre-school art project.  Just tacky for the most part.

The new, smaller tassels look better and I think Jill is trying to put some distance between the old GILI and the new GILI.  Can't say I blame her.

If you go way back on this forum, you will see a picture of a poster in a black t-shirt covered in shavings from her first GILI bag.  That mess was from the tassel.

huge foreheads require huge tassels....!

Share Post

My dear Snarkettes, thank you all for your concern and kind, loving words.  Missed my new friends in a big way.

First, I want to extend my love and concern for the Dallas tragedy and all posters in TX who, along with family and friends, hopefully, were not personally impacted. I know that ALL of us are personally impacted; this is our beloved country and it breaks our hearts.

As to the deletions, I freaked out somewhat and did that myself.  I'm unused to sharing as much of myself as I have with you all, and ran scared.  Maybe a tad TMI, but damn I had fun doing it!  And I don't want to stop.  Being here has put a smile on my face and, more importantly, in my heart.  Thanks for making me feel that I belong somewhere.  I need that, and thank you all for giving that gift to me.

Amazing how much catch-up snarking I have to do!!  Love you, ladies!

Edited by Jodura.

Share Post

13 minutes ago, ownedbysetters said:

Yay!!!  You have made my day. :)

You don't get out much, do you?  Just joking.  Thrilled to be back and grateful to be cared about by you.

Share Post

I understand, Jodura.  There are times I have felt that way myself (about my own posts).  Glad you are back!

I live in the Minneapolis-St.Paul metro area.  Yesterday was a tough, sad day.  Then today with the Dallas shootings.  We need to start communicating and working together to resolve our differences.  Too much hate and misunderstanding in the world.

This place is a welcome respite!

Share Post

1 hour ago, Puddy said:

Yes, David Cole can (and will) shut this forum down if a situation comes up.  There are general rules that apply to all forums and the moderators are pretty cool as long as nothing goes against the website's guidelines.  Go to the very bottom of any page, all the way to the black footer.  Click on Terms of Use. 

Lather.  Rinse.  Repeat.

Yes, Terms of Use, but this thread had it's own unique 'rules' once upon a time.   Have those re-surfaced anywhere since the transition to this new version??

Edited by Fishy.

Share Post

I try to tread pretty lightly here because I don't know if we still have those extra rules.  I would guess we probably do, though.

Jodura, we have had posters disappear before because of stuff that was going on behind the scenes.  I am glad that didn't happen with you.

I am still really bummed about Bill Green.  I always watched him whrn he was on with jewelry.  He had spent many years as a buyer for Zales, and started at HSN as a quality control inspector.  He knew his stuff.  I doubt anyone else on air has that level of jewelry knowledge and experience.

Share Post

JRT announced that they will have three new Irish Christmas shows next week.  It's CIJ and SPIJ (St. Pat's in July now) I guess?  Where are they going with this?  JRT really needs to grow out her hair a little too or fluff it up. It's bee pasted to her head all week.

Edited by mpeeps.

Share Post

I'm glad all is well, Jodura, and that you're back.  I completely understand your trepidation of posting TMI, but we all do it here, and frankly, it's a relief sometimes to let loose with certain things that have been rattling around my brain, and everyone here is so open-minded and accepting.  Not to mention hilarious, so post away; we missed you.

Share Post