Non-Union Duke Cousin Byron Cherry Dunked Heathers Thomas And Locklear On Battle Of The Network Stars

"I never really understood the point of Battle Of The Network Stars."

Don't you remember, Sarah? Back in the day, we didn't have 24/7 online access to our favorite celebrities. If we wanted to see a star in a bathing suit or short shorts, we had to watch schlock like this. It was hell on Earth...and we loved it!

Share Post

You can just shut your mouth RIGHT NOW.

I adored BotNS back in the day and am sure I still would today.

Share Post

BOTNS is ALWAYS awesome. It doesn't have to have a point other than how unlikely it was to see all those people together doing what they were doing. It's like will never come again sadly--there's no way that level of celebrity could be gathered in that way these days for anything more active then sitting at an awards show. Today, they'd worry about not looking their best/not having control over the situation. Social media, for all that it's intrusive, is at least to them is under their own control (not really, but they fool themselves into thinking it is).

Edited by Kromm.

Share Post

The Howard Cosell commentary is definitely the best part of this.

Edited by Kromm.

Share Post

I feel the same as you, ChicGirl. I looked forward to the chance to see all the male stars in speedos in the swimming and "kayaking" competitions. That was the age of regular appearances by Tom Selleck, Gregory Harrison, Michael Warren, Marc Singer, and on and on.

Share Post

Keep in mind: I was not allowed to watch TV except Saturday-morning cartoons and PBS until I was like 15. I only knew shows that aired on Friday nights, that I might see at a friend's house or while babysitting. I thought Airwolf was made up until, like, two years ago. So this was pretty much a meaningless exercise to me at the time.

Share Post

Do you guys remember (or even knew about) the very pathetic attempt to recreate this late 70's/early 80's piece of nostalgia just a few years ago with..........

REALITY TV STARS?????

They even filmed the whole shabang in the very same university where the action stars from 35-40 years ago competed in?

Like I really wanted to watch the guy from Joe Millionaire, the guy from Joe Schmo, and the guy from Average Joe compete in a game of Simon Sez??

Share Post

I guess this was the Carpool Karaoke/Jimmy Fallon Viral Whatever of it's day. Actors doing weird stuff we normally wouldn't see them doing!

Remember the Circus of the Stars? Or whatever it was called?

Share Post

5 hours ago, AndySmith said:

I guess this was the Carpool Karaoke/Jimmy Fallon Viral Whatever of it's day. Actors doing weird stuff we normally wouldn't see them doing!

Nah, It was better. It pandered a lot less because there was no audience there.

Remember the Circus of the Stars? Or whatever it was called?

The worst of the bunch. There was no real interactivity. BOTNS was great because you saw the stars interacting with each other. Often in unexpected ways.

Share Post

On 6/22/2016 at 4:56 PM, rab01 said:

The point was also to see celebrities act like overcompetitive lunatics like this (while wonder Woman watches in the background): robert conrad vs gabe kaplan

Hey, that clip has Bruce Jenner! I used to think he was good looking back in the day....

They seem to be taking that dispute very seriously.

Share Post

If Conrad and Kaplan were acting, they did a damn good job of it.

Share Post