Former DCCs & Other Teams

10 hours ago, go4luca said:

Very exciting @NMDD43!  Congrats from me too and sending many positive vibes for a safe & smooth delivery!

Thank you so much! 

Share Post

28 minutes ago, Moxiejan said:

Don't know if this already has been posted/discussed.

Sad news for former DCC Kandi Harris Mahan (now married to pro golfer Hunter): Her sister, Katie Harris Enloe (married to SMU golf coach Jason) 
is fighting the same type of aggressive leukemia (AML) that was fatal for former TCC Meagan Flaherty.
Katie, who has young children, was diagnosed in January & was awaiting a marrow transplant. But she went out of remission too quickly 
& is now too ill for more chemo. Prayers obviously needed.

Oh my stars and garters!  That is so . . . I don't know what to say.  It must be hard for them to have to deal with this and know that there is a good likelihood of Katie not making it.  I hope she does.  Keeping my fingers crossed and hoping against hope that things don't go the same route they did for Meagan.

Share Post

10 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

As far as I know we're still allowed to talk about the lawsuit. I checked and there's no update to the mod announcements. I do think it would be useful to have a separate thread.

Erica is definitely getting some PR advice. The sweet, decidedly unsexy white sundress to denote innocence/pure motives. The "I'm a strong woman/I mean business" pose and the serious face. The "I’m presenting them with an opportunity to be the good guys here" comment. Those are not her words. She is definitely being coached. More evidence that this wasn't a whim. Everything she is doing is very carefully crafted.

erica-wilkins-dallas-cowboys-cheerleader

Some of the information in the article is surprising (they didn't have sponsored access to a gym? Not Cowboys Fit or Jay's facility?) but some of it is flat out inaccurate (she made the cover of the calendar her rookie year? NOPE). And some of it doesn't add up. It says she made $100/$200/$300 for appearances, but then farther down it says she was paid $12 for an appearance. It also says there was less work in the off-season and then complained about not making much money. Well...she wasn't working much, so what did she expect? The same pay as football season?

I'm still still giving the situation the side eye.  More and more it seems to me like these "news" stories are just repeating what Erica says, without any investigation or corroboration. Granted, they're not really going to find another former DCC or anyone in the organization willing to back her up, but this is all incredibly one-sided. It reads like they are stating facts. But there's no way to know how much is truth.

If she was not being paid what she is owed based on her contract, then I support that fight. But the rest of it comes off a bit disingenuous. I don't think the DCC should have to be out of pocket at all for required things like hair/nails/spraytans. If the DCC had agreed to pay for 100% and didn't, that would be one thing. But that's not the case. Having to pay tips or deeply discounted rates for those services doesn't make her a victim. It makes her someone who agreed to those terms because she thought the experience was worth it. Maybe this lawsuit will help embarrass the DCC organization and sponsors into ponying up for all of it and that will help out future DCC, but that wasn't the deal when Erica signed up.

This one quote gets a massive eye-roll from me: “It’s embarrassing that I have a college degree and I work two jobs, this being one of them, and I still have to ask my parents for help.” She had a college degree. An expensive college degree. Instead of pursuing employment commensurate with that degree, she chose to pursue a dream that she knew would not pay the bills. She chose to audition for a low-paying gig and backfill with other part time work. (At a cryo spa that was probably affiliated with the DCC.) If she is embarrassed, she should be embarrassed by her own choices. She didn't have to ask her parents for help. She was a grown woman. She could have gotten a job that would have allowed her to support herself. She could have stayed on the team, but passed on show group like Carisa did, so she could work more hours at her other job. In this aspect, at least, she was not a victim.

So beautifully said. 

I rolled my eyes hard at her implying why her DCC career ended: 

"Last year, Wilkins suffered a neck and shoulder injury. Soon after, her time with the Cowboys ended. While she loved her time on the team, she sees her injury as a blessing that has allowed her to become a crusader. “I believe that that was God giving me this freedom that I needed to speak out,” she said."

Loved this one too:

"The ladies also have to wash their own uniforms, unlike the players."

Well boo hoo for you for having to DO YOUR OWN LAUNDRY. It's not like it was "dryclean only".

Edited by NMDD43.

Share Post

Speaking of Meagan Flaherty, I found a video tribute to her on youtube.  It's well done and not only has pictures of Meagan that I've never seen, but video clips as well.  Here's the link: 

Share Post

AAIA Vet & Rookie of the Year.  

I really wish Brittany wasn't injured at auditions; I'd love to see her as a DCC!

aaia v&roty.jpg

Share Post

5 hours ago, NMDD43 said:

So beautifully said. 

I rolled my eyes hard at her implying why her DCC career ended: 

"Last year, Wilkins suffered a neck and shoulder injury. Soon after, her time with the Cowboys ended. While she loved her time on the team, she sees her injury as a blessing that has allowed her to become a crusader. “I believe that that was God giving me this freedom that I needed to speak out,” she said."

Loved this one too:

"The ladies also have to wash their own uniforms, unlike the players."

Well boo hoo for you for having to DO YOUR OWN LAUNDRY. It's not like it was "dryclean only".

RE: Her asking her parents for help, didn't her father pass away from cancer when she was young?  Maybe her mother remarried.

Share Post

6 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

RE: Her asking her parents for help, didn't her father pass away from cancer when she was young?  Maybe her mother remarried.

She's not the one who asked her parents for help, she was talking about about an unnamed DCC who retired.

She recalled how one, when retiring from the squad, told the organization: “It’s embarrassing that I have a college degree and I work two jobs, this being one of them, and I still have to ask my parents for help.”

5 hours ago, NMDD43 said:

Well boo hoo for you for having to DO YOUR OWN LAUNDRY.

LOL I'd be a nervous wreck washing that uniform, I'd be so afraid of fading that blouse, or the dye bleeding out.

Share Post

Official Post

Here's a reminder from the mod note posted a few days ago: 

OK all - yes Erica is a former DCC but this conversation has devolved into a support/don’t support. I think all that can be said has been said and now it’s time to drop it. 

This topic is for all former DCC, not just one lawsuit. Also, this is a forum for a television show, not to debate the nitty gritty or validity of a lawsuit. There is no need for a topic about it (the lawsuit) as that subject is far outside the purview of this forum and website. 

If further news is released, a mention or two is fine. Pages rehashing the same arguments is not. 

Share Post

Well Big Brother cast is out there, and Jenna is not it of right now. Unless she is some "suprise" player that comes in later. She is not on Big Brother this season. 

Edited by Txmomof2.

Share Post

8 hours ago, Moxiejan said:

Don't know if this already has been posted/discussed.

Sad news for former DCC Kandi Harris Mahan (now married to pro golfer Hunter): Her sister, Katie Harris Enloe (married to SMU golf coach Jason) 
is fighting the same type of aggressive leukemia (AML) that was fatal for former TCC Meagan Flaherty.
Katie, who has young children, was diagnosed in January & was awaiting a marrow transplant. But she went out of remission too quickly 
& is now too ill for more chemo. Prayers obviously needed.

Hoping and praying for Katie. I had never heard about Meagan Flaherty, so sad. Way too young. I just watched season 1 episode 1 and she was on it. 

Share Post

Bummer Jenna did not make the cut.  Might explain why her hair was purple....she was trying to stand out

Edited by Harrythecat.

Share Post

48 minutes ago, Harrythecat said:

Bummer Jenna did not make the cut.  Might explain why her hair was purple....she was trying to stand out

Do we know she tried out? I am bummed too, if she was on I was going to try to follow along. 

Share Post

She may have been an alternate. This seasons cast has 4 that were alternates last season. Alternates will be sequestered at the same time as the housemates. But there was a picture that Keyra posted in her insta story with Jenna, Keyra, Cersten, Robin and Kahylan.  If it was recent then she wasn't in sequester. 

Edited by Txmomof2.

Share Post

1 hour ago, Harrythecat said:

I missed that :) Did anyone post a pic?? 

Share Post

On 6/14/2018 at 6:45 AM, stargrrl said:

I don’t comment here much but I’m overwhelmed with how much “shut up and look pretty” brainwashing has been bought into here. I agree that Erica is probably at least some what motivated as a disgruntled former employee with a less than graceful exit. But I don’t see how that really matters. So what if you made friends and went on tours etc? Other people do that in their jobs and still get paid for it under the law. Who cares if she signed a contract and “knew what she was getting into.” These are very young girls who work very hard as seen on the show. Why shouldn’t they get fair compensation? And the cheerleaders who are speaking out against the lawsuit...why when they can only benefit from what Erica is doing? If the Cowboys change their compensation for the DCC will the cheerleaders be donating the excess pay to charity? I think we know the answer to that. I can understand not wanting to speak out against the machine especially if you are a TCC but see the wisdom in seeing how this will ride out. So many women before us fought for the laws that are being implicated here. It’s such a shame that we as women aren’t embracing them. If not for us but for our daughters. You can be pretty, talented, good at your job, enjoy the perks, AND well paid. 

This is EVERYTHING! The best post I have seen. 

Share Post

On 6/14/2018 at 10:19 AM, parrotfeathers said:

She must read this forum since it was suggested here she always was "game day" perfect in terms of hair and make up.  

With all of the make-up the DCC have to wear all the time, I bet we would be amazed at what some of the girls look like under it all..LOL. However, I have seen Sydney's freckles before on past post of hers throughout the years. I love freckles, because they make you look youthful. I have them too and I remember a time when all I wanted to do was take them off my face.

Share Post

On 6/16/2018 at 10:06 PM, LaurenBrook said:

they broke up.  last postings together were around the holidays.  she got rid of a lot of their pics, quit wearing ring and recently posted a date night IG story with another guy... 

Wow, that is sad news. It must have been pretty bad if you go from engaged to breaking up! Anyway, she seems happy.

Share Post

I found it strange that Jenna was retweeting Julie Chen's tweets about the cast. 

I feel like if you were going to be on Big Brother, they would have you sign a Non Disclosure Agreement or keep your casting a secret.  To me, it seems like either one of the other castmates is her friend or maybe they didn't select her for the house because there was too much speculation about her being a houseguest. 

Again, not attached to the show whatsoever but I can imagine that they would want discretion - and tweeting about Big Brother before the cast reveal seems to go against that.

Share Post

11 minutes ago, Stee said:

I found it strange that Jenna was retweeting Julie Chen's tweets about the cast. 

I feel like if you were going to be on Big Brother, they would have you sign a Non Disclosure Agreement or keep your casting a secret.  To me, it seems like either one of the other castmates is her friend or maybe they didn't select her for the house because there was too much speculation about her being a houseguest. 

Again, not attached to the show whatsoever but I can imagine that they would want discretion - and tweeting about Big Brother before the cast reveal seems to go against that.

Maybe Jenna is trying to keep her name out there.  She is no longer a DCC, not an All Star, former teammate getting press, we're talking about the TCC's, etc.  

Share Post

I wonder if she feels slighted for not being asked to be an All Star. I know she burned her own bridges, but it still must sting a little

Share Post

2 minutes ago, Tootie said:

Dang!!!

I know right I saw that that I was like that’s gotta hurt !

Share Post

5 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Speaking of Jenna:

I would assume Jenna got her teeth cleaned for free in exchange for this little off the wall spontaneous plug for Haven Dental.

Share Post

How pathetic do you have to be to record a 4 minute video schilling a dentist?

Share Post

1 hour ago, sugarplum said:

I may have missed it...have the all stars been announced?

Emma, Nicole, Katy, Danielle, Jessica, Rachel, Amy T, Jinelle, Bess, Chantel, Stephanie

Shelley posted that back on May 13th.  That's the most current list I've seen.  

Share Post

On 6/17/2018 at 1:29 PM, sleepyjean said:

This one quote gets a massive eye-roll from me: “It’s embarrassing that I have a college degree and I work two jobs, this being one of them, and I still have to ask my parents for help.” She had a college degree. An expensive college degree. Instead of pursuing employment commensurate with that degree, she chose to pursue a dream that she knew would not pay the bills. She chose to audition for a low-paying gig and backfill with other part time work. (At a cryo spa that was probably affiliated with the DCC.) If she is embarrassed, she should be embarrassed by her own choices. She didn't have to ask her parents for help. She was a grown woman. She could have gotten a job that would have allowed her to support herself. She could have stayed on the team, but passed on show group like Carisa did, so she could work more hours at her other job. In this aspect, at least, she was not a victim.

The article said that another cheerleader said this, not Erica.  Erica was repeating what another girl said

I also think that if the girls get an increase in pay depending on years, it would explain why vets get cut for being "soft" but new TCC are brought in looking similar.

Share Post

Ok random question.

Noticed Misty, defending the Cowboys on earlier pages on here, I just wondered what she did with the cowboys after her years as a DCC thats all. Misty was one of my fave DCC when she was on the team but I thought she cheered for 5years then I forgot what else she did for DCC after she finished cheering her 5yrs as a DCC. Can some one kindly remind me please? Same as Ashley Holland (I noticed her Linkedin says shes a DCC "still". Just wondered out of curiosity thats all)

Also when Erica had the surgery a few months ago (someone correct me if I am wrong as I don't live in the US so not sure about the cost of healthcare there etc) was the surgery paid for by her or was it paid for by the cowboys? (Or did she not have to pay for it etc?) Just wondered thats all esp if she injured it during her first season of DCC I mean she could have had surgery on it during the off season or after the last game I mean you had former DCC like Danielle, Brooke, Cassie who came into auditioned injured (was Brooke surgery before or after audition? I forgot I remember Cassie having surgery before audition and did not perform her best during audition. I know Danielle was injured practising her solo her second year but I vaguely remember Brooke's injury was because of someone doing the jump splits too early but I cant remember whether it happened during DCC and had surgery before the next years audition or whether the injury happened during audition and the surgery happened during training camp.)

10 hours ago, Tootie said:

Dang!!!

Why have I seen that pose before? Didn't Holly P do something like that on her rookie audition? I need to go rewatch some episodes. But damn I wish I could do that - pretends I could in my head!!!!

Share Post

4 hours ago, Kayce said:

Emma, Nicole, Katy, Danielle, Jessica, Rachel, Amy T, Jinelle, Bess, Chantel, Stephanie

Shelley posted that back on May 13th.  That's the most current list I've seen.  

Thanks!!!

Share Post

2 hours ago, CrazyEve said:

Ok random question.

Noticed Misty, defending the Cowboys on earlier pages on here, I just wondered what she did with the cowboys after her years as a DCC thats all. Misty was one of my fave DCC when she was on the team but I thought she cheered for 5years then I forgot what else she did for DCC after she finished cheering her 5yrs as a DCC. Can some one kindly remind me please? Same as Ashley Holland (I noticed her Linkedin says shes a DCC "still". Just wondered out of curiosity thats all)

Also when Erica had the surgery a few months ago (someone correct me if I am wrong as I don't live in the US so not sure about the cost of healthcare there etc) was the surgery paid for by her or was it paid for by the cowboys? (Or did she not have to pay for it etc?) Just wondered thats all esp if she injured it during her first season of DCC I mean she could have had surgery on it during the off season or after the last game I mean you had former DCC like Danielle, Brooke, Cassie who came into auditioned injured (was Brooke surgery before or after audition? I forgot I remember Cassie having surgery before audition and did not perform her best during audition. I know Danielle was injured practising her solo her second year but I vaguely remember Brooke's injury was because of someone doing the jump splits too early but I cant remember whether it happened during DCC and had surgery before the next years audition or whether the injury happened during audition and the surgery happened during training camp

MIsty was an All Star for a few years.  She was featured in Season 6 when the girls went to see the All Stars at Six Flags.  She is also a prime example of someone who started her business while cheering.

Ashley H was an All Star for a year

Brooke was injured during a show group performance.  I believe it was during training camp cause I remember seeing her at the auditions.  She had surgery near the end of camp and came in for squad photos.  That's why she is standing on the left of the photo hiding her brace.  Poor thing must have been in so much pain:(

Edited by scorpio1031.

Share Post

Misty is an Event Coordinator. She is married to a doctor and is pregnant with her third child (has two little boys.)

Brooke was injured during a Show Group practice during TC in Season 2. One of the girls next to her went into the jump split too early or too late causing her knee injury. She had surgery at the end of TC and came back to the squad in late October or early November.

Edited by bigskygirl.

Share Post

3 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Misty is an Event Coordinator. She is married to a doctor and is pregnant with her third child (has two little boys.)

Brooke was injured during a Show Group practice during TC in Season 2. One of the girls next to her went into the jump split too early or too late causing her knee injury. She had surgery at the end of TC and came back to the squad in late October or early November.

I had no idea that's how Brooke got injured!  I always wondered who K and J were talking about when they call out the girls for messing up timing going into jump split and then say we have had girls need surgery ............  how awful to be the injured and what a bad feeling to have being the one that caused it.

Share Post

On 6/12/2018 at 9:04 PM, Lolfordays said:

Granted I would be the first to say that Texas has a bunch of two bit journalist who knew nothing — but I will toss them a bone.

Oh, honey, journalists in NY and LA and London, etc. would/will/did run this story. It’s a great news story.

They pay them shit. And just like all the other teams that are being called out, it was a matter of time until someone stepped to say the Cowboys are no different than the rest.

Edited by PBSLover.

Share Post