Former DCCs & Other Teams

Who do you miss and who will you like to forget? This is the spot for any talk about other teams and former members of DCC. 

Share Post

I'm really happy that it sounds like I don't have to miss Angela this season (not that we actually see much of her). I figured with the wedding and everything she'd definitely retire.

I remember Natalie Wood (I think that was her name) fondly as well.

The list of DCCs I'd like to forget is long and starts with Morgan "she can't dance but she looks great and is a mom so we absolutely have to put her on the squad" from this past season. It's unfortunate because I feel like most of that wasn't her fault, it was because they shoved her on us all the time.

I also won't miss Chelsea, I never was a fan of hers.

Edited by SanLynn.

Share Post

I also don't miss Chelsea along with Cassie and Ally ( major butt kisser).

I miss Natalie and Brooke.

Share Post

Brittney Evans' voice always drove me crazy, but I liked her other than that. I always like Ann Lux too because she seemed like see wasn't a butt kisser and stayed original to herself even after they called her out for being different (I can't remember exactly how they put it). Totally don't miss Cassie and was actually happy to see Chelsea go during training camp....I wasn't surprised to see they are friends.

There is something about Sydney I don't like but I just can't put my finger on what exactly it is. I remember on the other forum, someone a while back pointed out that she always seems to be close with newer members of the team and was never as close with other vets and then I started to notice it ..makes me wonder...butt kisser? Tattle tale? Or the fact that she is/was young, nothing in common with the older girls?? I know, I know, probably too much thinking for someone I don't really care for. lol

Oh yeah, and Morgan too! Not a fan. They did seem to push her on us, especially how bad she was and then she makes the team!?

Share Post

Oy how could I forget about Cassie! Yeah definitely don't miss her either.

Share Post

RE: cut girls

I'm pretty sure  we'll  never see  these girls audition  again:

Karissa, Carla, Ika, Kaitlyn L., Meghan F.,Rebecca Lynn  (mysteriously disappeared),  Sintia ( her cut wasn't shown).

Vets cut : Meghan, Jenna, Alyssa, Cassie (was there a 5th one?) 

Edited by MrsEVH.

Share Post

Kamilah was the fifth one. I still think that if Ashton would of tried out again, Alyssa would of made the team

Share Post

Kamilah was the fifth one. I still think that if Ashton would of tried out again, Alyssa would of made the team

That's her name! .Thanks :)   I had a feeling there was 5th one but was too lazy to go look at the squad photo.

Share Post

This is for the girls that for whatever reason were DCCs for only one season.

Do you have any favorites? Who would've liked to see audition (and possibly make it back)  again?

My one season only faves are Brandi, Natalie, Loni and Kelli Jo. The last 3 because they were the underdogs who I rooted for.

Share Post

I miss Jordan Chanley. Her rookie season was the first that I watched and I really rooted for her. Certainly didn't feel that way about Morgan this past season.

Share Post

I miss Jordan Chanley. Her rookie season was the first that I watched and I really rooted for her. Certainly didn't feel that way about Morgan this past season.

Jordan was very likeable who had a good attitude even when she was called in Kelli's office numerous times. She wasn't a whiner like Morgan did.

I got tired hearing Morgan's "I'm a single mom" excuse. I don't know why women always use that excuse ( especially on court tv shows) to get sympathy. IMO you're just a woman who was careless and knocked up by a guy who probably wants nothing to do with you.

Share Post

My favorite was Malia from the 2009 squad. I think if she'd stayed longer she would've been a standout.

Edited by sleepyjean.

Share Post

I miss Tia, Meagan Sharp, Jordan Ketchum, Alyssa (sixth season) and Collin

Do not miss Chelsea (who is dating a friend of Cassie's husband.)  The problem I had with Cassie was the way she and Judy acted while she was on the team.  I am sorry Courtney was having medical problems, but she was not that great of a dancer.  I did like Morgan at first, but she was showcased too much and had excuses for her many mistakes.

Share Post

Aww Deryn, I like her too. She was my favorite rookie the first season I watched the show.

Share Post

Mine was definitely Natalie. I really connected with her and loved her reaction when she was cut.

I was glad to see her come back and make it the next season.

Share Post

Two more memorable girls cut for their own stupidity were Alex Benvenuto and Brittany D'Alessandro.

Brittany made it to TC but was cut for being late for her uniform fitting plus not wearing makeup. She auditioned again the following year but never made it to TC. She never came back. She did tryout and was a finalist for the DS Ice girls in 2010 but never made the squad.

Alex was cut at interviews for having a police record ( think it was a DUI) and never made it to TC. She later made the 2008 Mavs dancers but left the squad on her own or was let go  (nobody knows for sure).

Trying to remember some TCCs (from different seasons) who were cut but were encouraged by Kelli to tryout again but never came back.  All I can remember is Victoria (for weight) and Kimber ( speaking). I think they were both from season 2. Any others?

I just remembered Mykell from the 2005 one hour show was cut (was she was encouraged to try out again?) for lack of dance experience. She said was going home to marry her boyfriend. I don't think she ever came back. She went on to become a Utah Jazz dancer for 2 or 3 years.

Edited by MrsEVH.

Share Post

You are all mentioning some great ones....all my favorites are from earlier seasons. As the show goes on, I can't exactly figure out why more recent girls aren't as memorable/likable. Is it the way they are portraying them (or not all...Jaci for example...you could almost completely miss her on her rookie season) or is it just a completely different breed of woman trying out now?

Share Post

The beauty queen sister who tried out again, but Judy was too pissed off to let back into TC, was a Dallas Maverick dancer for a while.

There were the rumors flying around about Amy Reese getting cut.  Some people were saying she was a party girl and some of the favorites ratted her out.

Share Post

Seems to me like the girls trying out now are much more desperate ( to make the squad) then the ones from earlier seasons. It could be the reason why we hear all these sob stories ( my family was poor, It's been my dream to be a DCC, etc.). The only one from season 1 that stood out was Kalli Fullerton. She was so devastated when she was cut and it seemed like being a DCC was everything to her.

Edited by MrsEVH.

Share Post

Grace Lee Sells was another favorite of mine.  I cannot understand why she did not make the team.  I did not see a problem with her figure.  Same thing with Katie S.

Share Post

I miss Jordan Ketchum.

I think she left after one season to go back to school. She auditioned again 2 or 3 years ago because I remember seeing her in some pictures from auditions.  I don't think she even made it to semi finals.

Emily Claire (2012-13 squad). She was pretty but didn't dance that well. She's a teacher and didn't return because of a job opportunity she didn't want to turn down. She is one of the few DCCs I tweeted that answered me back.

Edited by MrsEVH.

Share Post

Both went on to become Mavs dancers;  Grace was for two seasons and Katie for one. Apparently the Mavs director didn't have a problem with their body types. Maybe Elizabeth Reuter should have tried out for them too. 

Kaime who was brought into TC later after the Minchew sisters left. She photographed well but was not a good dancer who just couldn't learn the dances. She begged Kelli & Judy not to cut her and went across the desk to hug both. I remember Judy saying she was the first one to ever do that. In Kaime's defense she was a DS Ice Girl for 3 years and is now a sports reporter for some Fox news channel. She did well in the end.

We also cannot forget Jennifer McMahon who got kicked off the squad and is now listed as "left squad" on the 2008 squad photo.

Edited by MrsEVH.

Share Post

What year did Jordan try out?  I do not remember seeing her in pictures. 

http://memberfiles.freewebs.com/50/78/43137850/photos/Jordyn-Ketchum/dallas-cowboys-cheerleader-auditions-2011_6337741_87.jpg

I'm pretty sure this is her. It came up when I googled  "Jordyn Ketchum DCC auditions".

It was 2011, the same year Kalli Fullerton tried out again. Here's the 2011 DCC auditions slideshow. Jordyn is in picture #16 (same one in  link I posted above).

http://www.dallasobserver.com/slideshow/dallas-cowboys-cheerleader-auditions-2011-33269807/

Edited by MrsEVH.

Share Post

The beauty queen sister who tried out again, but Judy was too pissed off to let back into TC, was a Dallas Maverick dancer for a while.

After Mavs, Kenley was a Falcons Cheerleader. She seems to be doing well.

According to IMDB, abigail klein is in the next movie in the transformers franchise, which will be released in June. I am really curious to know if she is a good actor. She's getting some good opportunities.

Edited by sleepyjean.

Share Post

I loved Natalie. She seemed so together and down to earth. I liked that she wasn't an 18 year old fresh out of high school. And she really applied corrections. Loni was great, too. I really liked Gina Becchetti, too. My (4 year old at the time) son had such a crush on her. She would help the other rookie candidates. I think she moved back to MN after a year, I don't really remember.

Share Post

I am really curious to know if she is a good actor. She's getting some good opportunities.

She was in an episode of CSI and if I remember right, she wasn't bad.

One I never cared for: Megan Flaherty.  Something about her just grated on me.  I heard that she did something to get booted off of the DS Ice Girls but never heard what it actually was.

Share Post

Natalie Woods?  She was in her twenties and married when she made the team.  She decided to leave the team and start a family after one year.

Share Post

I loved Loni as she was positive and tried her best and I think she was never given the chances that some of the others who have low kicks on the team were given.  Another of mine is Kalli Fullerton but she has a better life than if she was a DCC

Share Post

I wonder why they never showed Jordan Ketchum when she tried out again.  I knew she was trying out and was disapointed that we never saw her on camera.

Share Post

Rumors were flying around that Loni left the field before the kickline started.  I wonder if she was given strong hints not to try out again.

Share Post

What happened Jennifer McMahon? Does anyone know?

Also, is the rookie from this season (2014) Katlyn, still on the team? It kinda seems like she might not be

Share Post

OOOHH!  I never heard THAT about Meagan.  I just knew that she'd been on the Ice Girls for YEARS and had even made Co-Captain at one point.  It is interesting that she dropped off the radar at around the same time she really chewed out Judy and Kelly for not giving her a spot on the team (saying something like the two dragged girls along and then stomped on their dreams).  I wish Meagan had gotten a chance to be a DCC for at least one year then she might have gone away, but alas, it never happened.  She seemed like she could be Cassie 2.0 if given the chance (which I'm glad she never did).

I also miss Grace Lee Sells, Natalie Wood and a few others.  I won't miss Cassie Trammell because she was given SO much that the other girls weren't and never really earned what she got from what I saw/what the audience was shown, her attitude wasn't the best, and she seemed to be lazy at times (probably because she knew she had a spot on the team whenever she wanted one regardless of what happened).

Share Post

<p>My favorite one-year wonders were Brandi Kilby and Natalie Woods.  All my other favorites either never made the squad or, after making the squad, stayed for longer than a year.</p>

Share Post

Loni was great, too. I really liked Gina Becchetti, too. My (4 year old at the time) son had such a crush on her. She would help the other rookie candidates. I think she moved back to MN after a year, I don't really remember.

Loni was a Atlanta Falcons cheerleader for 5 years (2000-2004 ). The 3 year gap between that and when she became a DCC  could be why she had trouble with the dances and kickline.  

Gina moved back to MN and was a Vikings cheerleader for one season. She is married now with a baby..

Edited by MrsEVH.

Share Post

Grace was a Mavs dancer for 2 seasons and didn't come back for this last one. I'm thinking she might have retired from dancing.   She was an competitive ice skater for years. She also was an Allen Wranglers cheerleader for one season  and a DS Ice Girl for two seasons. 

Share Post

Rumors were Jennifer was kick off the team for being a party girl during the calendar shoot.  I think Kaitlyn is still on team since she is still has a twitter account and is on the DCC website squad page.

Share Post

I wonder if Miranda will audition for a second year with the Rhythms&Blues team or if she will try for the DCC again. Or maybe she'll retire. At 37, it can't be that easy to keep up with  girls almost 20 years younger. Maybe she'll retire altogether.

Share Post

I think the beauty queen was name Kenley or something like that.  

I don't miss Cassie. I don't think she would have made the team that first year if her mom wasn't a legacy and on the board.

I really like Mackenzie. She seems real.  I loved it when Meghan F. told them off, it was awesome!

I miss Jordan Chanley.  I absolutely hate that these girls have to be unhealthy thin.  It sets a bad example.  I used to read on TWOP how some of the girls were very sick when they got cut because they had lost too much weight.  Women should have curves.

Share Post

I miss Meredith Odum and Sasha Agent.  Loved both of them.

Don't miss the horrid Chelsea.  Definitely.

Share Post

Oh I hope Miranda doesn't try again.  It is just painful watching her at this point.  And have we ever figured out why she keeps popping up with different surnames??  I remember two - Parker and James - but I think there was another one as well??

Share Post

I think you're thinking of a different Miranda. Miranda James was the blonde who was a kilgore rangerette. She auditioned 3 or 4 times. I'm talking about Miranda Jones, who is African American and was a cheerleader for the Seahawks. Seahawks Miranda only auditioned twice (I think). Then last year, instead of auditioning for the DCC, she made on the the cowboys R&B team.

Share Post

I miss Brooke, Jordan Chanley, Ashton, and a few others.  I agree with a post upthread, I DO NOT miss Cassie as she did get more things handed to her.  Still awaiting for another DCC Brides, but we ALL know that was directed at Cassie.  A very sad excuse by using Sunny, Holly, and Tricia to justify that it was DCC Brides and not DCC Bride: Cassie.  Yuck!

I would LOVE to find out why Meghan F. got kicked off the DS Ice girls team!  WOW!!

Edited by rl27rl.

Share Post

Natalie did get married and have a little girl, her first husband and herself have since divorced and she is engaged again to another man as is Ann Lux.  I wish them both luck and good wishes!

Share Post

Natalie did get married and have a little girl, her first husband and herself have since divorced and she is engaged again to another man as is Ann Lux.  I wish them both luck and good wishes!

I googled Natalie and found out she married in August 2005 and divorced in May 2010. She didn't even make it to her 5th anniversary. Must have happened a few   years after she had her daughter. I was reading a blog by Ally in a DCC newsletter; she and Natalie have been good friends since 2007.

Share Post