All Episodes Talk: Flipping In Flip Flops

A lot of those messy houses are probably fake just like everything else on this show. I'm sure they have some PAs messing everything up to make the fix up look even better. 

Nothing about this show seems real. Especially Christina and Tarek. 

Share Post

Glad to see Izzy, but he wasn't his usual jovial self. But who can blame him? Working with Tarek and Christina has got to be awkward. I noticed that the scene with Christina and the kids didn't include Tarek.   Was that purposeful? I hate that I over-analyze every interaction as it relates to their (pending?) divorce. 

Tarek is a bad actor. Of course he knew the original 4th bedroom wasn't permitted. His reactions to the 'surprises' used to be slightly more convincing. I suppose he has no more f*cks to give when it comes to pretending on this show. 

Oh, and Tarek needs to stop designing bathrooms. Every one he's done has been awful. The master bathroom did look nice in the end, but I did not like that round, glass tile. 

And what was the material used in the backyard under the pergola? It wasn't concrete, but something biodegradable? Is it usable? Christina mentioned you might not be able to keep a grill on it. 

Share Post

6 hours ago, topanga said:

And what was the material used in the backyard under the pergola? It wasn't concrete, but something biodegradable? Is it usable? Christina mentioned you might not be able to keep a grill on it. 

It was deconstructed/decomposed granite, essentially small rocks not unlike gravel.  Ugly and not very practical.  Putting any sort of furniture or grill on it would be problematic in that it would be virtually impossible to  keep them level on the uneven surface.  No way to slide chairs in and out around a table, either.  Kids wouldn't be able to play on it, let alone use bikes or wagons, etc. 

The entire backyard was a disaster and an embarrassment. 

Edited by doodlebug.

Share Post

Actually, I'm sure someone would be glad enough to snatch it up just based on the sheer size of the lot. There was room for a pool back there, if you have the money. The couple that said they didn't have the budget to fix the back yard was full of crap. A bag of grass seed costs about $50.

For once I actually thought they did everything right. I still can't believe such a tiny house goes for $600K but there you go. And for once the house wasn't littered with trash.

Notice when T&C pull up to the house for the Open House they arrive in separate cars. I do think at some point they need to acknowledge that they are separated. It strikes me a somewhat misleading not to. If you were just tuning in for the first time, you would obviously assume they are married because of the children. 

Share Post

I liked when Tarek said to Christina, after he made  suggestions for the bathroom tile that she didn't approve of, "You need to open up your design mind, some new things."

I'm guessing that the conversation that followed was edited out. 

Glad to see Izzy, but he wasn't his usual jovial self. But who can blame him? Working with Tarek and Christina has got to be awkward. I noticed that the scene with Christina and the kids didn't include Tarek.   Was that purposeful?

Never noticed Izzy being jovial. His relationship with the El Moussas just seemed professional to me.  I would imagine that all he cares about is  getting work and getting paid and more people on this forum care about the T&C breakup than he does.

A scene with Christina and the kids that included Tarek would've been silly and forced, and since they've been featuring their kids on the show all along, there was no reason not to now.

Share Post

When they got out of the separate cars they asked each other something like "how are you"?  It was a not-in-your-face way to announce they don't live together I think.  Anyway, they were pretty cordial considering. 

Share Post

On 6/15/2017 at 11:38 PM, Zoe said:

Is it just me or was the tile work really bad in this episode?

I rarely see them using spacers and the tiles often look super close together. Some of Tarek's "I can tile too!" projects look awful.

Share Post

I assume that Tarek never actually does any of the tile work (or anything else). He steps into the shot for the show to film the scene then steps away when the cameras are off and professionals do the actual work.

Glad to see Izzy, but he wasn't his usual jovial self. But who can blame him? Working with Tarek and Christina has got to be awkward. 

T&C pull up to the house, Tarek says to Izzie "Did you miss us?" Loooooooooooooong pause. Izzy: "Uh, always." LOL.

Share Post

On 6/23/2017 at 4:15 PM, mojito said:

Never noticed Izzy being jovial. His relationship with the El Moussas just seemed professional to me.  I would imagine that all he cares about is  getting work and getting paid and more people on this forum care about the T&C breakup than he does.

Izzy isn't bubbly, but he has a subtle, dry sense of humor that cracks me up. Like if Tarek says they can remodel a kitchen for $8000, Izzy might say, "Uh. Not if you want people to use it."

Is anyone going to watch Flip or Flop Atlanta? I think I'll check it out just for the new location & new houses. 

Share Post