International Versions of The Face: Naomi Taking Her Madness Worldwide

You can see the most recent epi of the Australian version here as well as past episodes.

It's actually a step up from the U.S. version.

Share Post

It's always the same on ALL three versions of The Face.  Naomi makes sure no real "threat" to her is cast as a fellow mentor.  She always picks on the "quirky coach" the most.  She throws at least one serious tantrum every two episodes on each show.  Her acting falls apart when she ejects a girl and pretends to care.  Etc etc etc.

Edited by Kromm.

Share Post

She is a drama queen that's for sure and you do have to wonder if as suggested by another that if say Paulina Porizkova or Janice Dickinson were hired as mentors if Naomi would roll over them like say Lydia and Nicole.  I always cringe when she starts yelling and does something like fall to her knees because the girls aren't doing what she wants them to do.

Yaya from the Australian version was at Mercedes Benz Fashion Week Australia S/S '15:

By Johnny / Swim / Jayson Brunsdon / Bianca Spender / Ixiah / Hayley Elsaesser / Ae'lkemi / Gail Sorranda

Nikolina walked for The Innovators and Ae'Lkemi and semi-finalist Peach Yamaoka walked for Zhivago.

Share Post

I don't like when one of the girls has to leave the show due other circumstances and they do not bring any replacements for her. Nicole is not the sharpest tool in the shed but it is kinda unfair how she's down to one girl at this point. I didn't like it either when it happened on S1 of the US version with Coco.

Poor Annouska. She was one of my faves since the beginning :(

It's obvious she gets eliminated next episode based on the previews. What is Nicole going to do now?

Share Post

It wouldn't be fair to bring in replacement models when someone leaves. I notice that the couple models who have left the different versions of The Face, they weren't doing well in the challenges around the time that they left and they tend to be models from teams that don't win (Nicole and Coco). I really feel that these women are using supposed "personal matters" at home as an excuse to bow out of the competition and circumvent the elimination process. It's not a bad idea for these models in the long run in terms of their career because they can say that they withdrew of their own volition instead of being squarely beaten in competition.

If these models are leaving because they are underperforming/poorly mentored and they know they would have been cut soon if they stayed (which is the case with the models that have left so far, imo), it is unfair to Team Naomi and Team Cheyenne for this underperforming model to be replaced with a better model. Part of the competition between the mentors is having to fight for the better models and Nicole didn't get great models because she doesn't have the name recognition or mentoring capabilities as the other mentors. It's unfair to give Nicole a (potentially) great replacement model that Cheyenne and Naomi didn't have a chance to select for their team.

Share Post

It wouldn't be fair to bring in replacement models when someone leaves. I notice that the couple models who have left the different versions of The Face, they weren't doing well in the challenges around the time that they left and they tend to be models from teams that don't win (Nicole and Coco). I really feel that these women are using supposed "personal matters" at home as an excuse to bow out of the competition and circumvent the elimination process. It's not a bad idea for these models in the long run in terms of their career because they can say that they withdrew of their own volition instead of being squarely beaten in competition.

If these models are leaving because they are underperforming/poorly mentored and they know they would have been cut soon if they stayed (which is the case with the models that have left so far, imo), it is unfair to Team Naomi and Team Cheyenne for this underperforming model to be replaced with a better model. Part of the competition between the mentors is having to fight for the better models and Nicole didn't get great models because she doesn't have the name recognition or mentoring capabilities as the other mentors. It's unfair to give Nicole a (potentially) great replacement model that Cheyenne and Naomi didn't have a chance to select for their team.

The "fair" way would be the "last eliminated" rule.  That way it wouldn't just be some random girl who didn't get a free pass to a later round.  The one back would go to whichever team lost someone due to these other circumstances rather than go back to her previous team (unless those two things are the same).

Share Post

I like that idea about bringing back the last eliminated girl if you have a situation where a mentor's team is decimated.  I also like the idea of having some sort of swap though I don't know how it would work.

On another topic, I think Nicole would work better as say the host of Australia's Next Top Model.  I think she'd have a little bit more personality and be more engaged than JenBot.

Share Post

Susan, who left last episode when she was feeling ill - she was pregnant. It doesn't seem fair to fault Nicole for that - I'd like to see them bring back the last eliminated model (regardless of which team she was on) to join the team if someone leaves for health reasons.

Edited by threebluestars.

Share Post

Well that last epi was uncomfortable to watch.  I'm glad that Naomi told Cheyenne to stop thanking her but Naomi's yelling at Nicole was uncalled for.  I'll miss Anouska.  Cheyenne should have put Olivia up for elim because that's who the judge and Cheyenne herself dinged.  Of course, Naomi probably would have sent Olivia home since it had been her second and Naomi seemed giddy when Cheyenne said she didn't listen to her.

Share Post

Well that last epi was uncomfortable to watch.  I'm glad that Naomi told Cheyenne to stop thanking her but Naomi's yelling at Nicole was uncalled for.  I'll miss Anouska.  Cheyenne should have put Olivia up for elim because that's who the judge and Cheyenne herself dinged.  Of course, Naomi probably would have sent Olivia home since it had been her second and Naomi seemed giddy when Cheyenne said she didn't listen to her.

Naomi always seems to have (or at least pretend to have) a special hatred of whichever of her fellow mentors is closest to "the quirky one".  Not that Nicole is really that, but she's the closest on this version.

Share Post

High drama.  Oh, Naomi.  While I like the fact that CheChe kept Chantal, I'm curious as to whether or not she just didn't want to face Naomi's wrath.  However, Brittaney had overstayed her welcome even if keeping would have been more "strategic."

I liked seeing Nicole and having her on hand at the challenge and the shoot.  Next time are the semis so no promo.  I've never gotten the love for Chantal so I do hope she goes.

Share Post

So apparently there are both Canadian and French versions coming.

Bets on if Naomi is a mentor on them?  Canada is a "probably" in my mind, and France is at least possible, since I'm sure Naomi speaks French and probably wouldn't object to spending a few weeks shooting a series there.

(EDIT -- apparently there are also possible versions in South America, Asia, and Africa, at least in negotition)

Edited by Kromm.

Share Post

So I can't believe that Ruth got scored that high with that pic.  I'd actually grown to like Nikolina but I'm glad Yaya is in the final five.  I liked that we got to see Georges do his regular job and that Nicole is acting sort of like a co-host as well as instructing the girls.  Naomi and her riding crop were ridiculous but that's Naomi.  Chantal is still a brat and Sarah needs to tone down the whine.

At this point, anyone but Chantal for the win.

Share Post

Well, that was a little surprise.  Congratulations to Olivia and Cheyenne but Yaya and Sarah did well also and good luck to them.  Why do people let Zac Posen design clothing?

Share Post

I never got Yaya at all.  She bored me.  

I will admit she looked much better with the short hair though.

Share Post

Like the US version, both the UK and Australian version of this show have been cancelled according to news sources.

Share Post

Like the US version, both the UK and Australian version of this show have been cancelled according to news sources.

Hmm.  It wasn't really good enough for that to be a shame.

Share Post

I quite like the UK version of the show. Erin was a goddess, and Caroline was quite mischievous. Plus, it was clear that neither was afraid of Naomi. There was not such a stark power imbalance.

Share Post