Jump to content

All Episodes Talk: Pink is the new blue

9 minutes ago, readheaded said:

I like Uncle Dale, too, but worry that there's just too much emphasis on Hazel.  It's like the "Hazel and the Rest of the Quints and Occasionally Blayke" show.  I have 3 kids so I get that sometimes, one kid gets more attention than the others, but I think they're forgetting this is memorialized on "film" forever so it'll be harder to write it off as the normal ebb and flow of sibling attention that naturally happens in families.  She looks like the outright favorite and that's a shame for all of them, especially since it's largely probably a matter of editing.

Dale actually said that Hazel is his favorite, if memory serves me correctly. 

2

Share Post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, Koalagirl said:

Dale actually said that Hazel is his favorite, if memory serves me correctly. 

Yes, he's said it several times.

1

Share Post


Link to post
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

I've never understood why adults get such a kick out of kids getting scared by Santa, the Easter Bunny, etc. I'd rather forgo a cute picture than traumatize my child like that.

My older son, soon to be 21, was NOT having Santa.  No way, no how.  My younger one was okay with it......once when he was about 6.  I joke with my older one:  "So...some day, are you gonna throw Mom a bone and have a photo with Santa?" as kind of a joke.  He is like, "No way!!!"  LOL!   Never really missed it.  He also HATED anyone dressed up in a costume.  

The show can be fun at times but the non stop crying can cause me to reach for the mute button with frequency.

4

Share Post


Link to post
19 minutes ago, readheaded said:

I like Uncle Dale, too, but worry that there's just too much emphasis on Hazel.  It's like the "Hazel and the Rest of the Quints and Occasionally Blayke" show.  I have 3 kids so I get that sometimes, one kid gets more attention than the others, but I think they're forgetting this is memorialized on "film" forever so it'll be harder to write it off as the normal ebb and flow of sibling attention that naturally happens in families.  She looks like the outright favorite and that's a shame for all of them, especially since it's largely probably a matter of editing.

True.  Hazel does get a lot of attention. But like you said, it probably is largely due to editing.

0

Share Post


Link to post
1 minute ago, penbrat said:

True.  Hazel does get a lot of attention. But like you said, it probably is largely due to editing.

I just hope the show lasts long enough for them all to have a time to be the favorite that's also captured on film.

2

Share Post


Link to post
38 minutes ago, Koalagirl said:

Dale actually said that Hazel is his favorite, if memory serves me correctly. 

He did. And, as funny as Dale can be, I don't like that. The girls can see this one day. 

Now, I realize that certain people just bond with each other over others in a family. It happens. Certain personalities fit better. I love all my (5, soon to be 6) nieces and nephews, but there is one that I just connect with. I can't explain it. That being said, I am hyper aware of such things and make an effort to show equal affection and attention to all of my nieces and nephews. No one should ever feel left out. 

Dale probably thinks it's perfectly fine, even benevolent, that he gravitates towards Hazel. He might see it as compensating for all the rough stuff she's had to go through. But all of the quints have their own challenges, and it's not cool that he openly labels her a "favorite". He goes right to her when entering a room, and seems to play mostly with her when he's over. I just hope this is an editing thing, and not a real issue. 

32 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

My older son, soon to be 21, was NOT having Santa.  No way, no how.  My younger one was okay with it......once when he was about 6.  I joke with my older one:  "So...some day, are you gonna throw Mom a bone and have a photo with Santa?" as kind of a joke.  He is like, "No way!!!"  LOL!   Never really missed it.  He also HATED anyone dressed up in a costume.  

The show can be fun at times but the non stop crying can cause me to reach for the mute button with frequency.

We've never taught our kids that Santa and the Easter Bunny were anything other than fictional characters, so I never had an overwhelming desire to go stand in some long-ass line so they could cry and freak out and MAYBE get a picture. If we are somewhere where there IS a costumed character, I'll ask them what they want to do. But I've always just liked getting simple holiday photos in front of the tree or fire place. 

I think my daughter was 6 the first time she sat on Santa's lap. Our town was having a fun craft sale/party/free rides on the train thing. He was there. She asked. So we did it. I would never force my kids to sit on a stranger's lap if they were crying. No way. 

I guess, at least with the Busbys, they had Santa to themselves and weren't dealing with crowds and lines. But still.....

1

Share Post


Link to post

I noticed that in the talking heads interviews, they’re now doing soft focus filming on Adam and Danielle, and pro hair and makeup on Danielle. She is one of the most natural beauties I have seen and doesn’t need all that gloss. Plus, it’s moving the “mom of 6” reality further away than it already is. 

0

Share Post


Link to post
3 hours ago, readheaded said:

I just hope the show lasts long enough for them all to have a time to be the favorite that's also captured on film.

The show should be renamed Hazel and the Others, due to her receiving the bulk of the attention, it makes me like her the least if all the quints.  

2

Share Post


Link to post
4 hours ago, readheaded said:

I like Uncle Dale, too, but worry that there's just too much emphasis on Hazel.  It's like the "Hazel and the Rest of the Quints and Occasionally Blayke" show.  I have 3 kids so I get that sometimes, one kid gets more attention than the others, but I think they're forgetting this is memorialized on "film" forever so it'll be harder to write it off as the normal ebb and flow of sibling attention that naturally happens in families.  She looks like the outright favorite and that's a shame for all of them, especially since it's largely probably a matter of editing.

And they wonder why Riley has tantrums.  It's the only way that she can understand to get attention at her age.  Even if it's negative.  It's probably super frustrating for her because she appears to be the most perceptive and intelligent of the group.  I feel the most for Riley and Parker because there is a clear hierarchy, though they are all loved immensely, amongst the quints and they are at the bottom.  They aren't a twin, they aren't Hazel or oldest princess Blayke.  They all talk about Riley as if she's something they just have to endure and tolerate, but they would never take that attitude about any of the others.  Especially Hazel.

4

Share Post


Link to post
17 hours ago, TeacherWoman said:

I looked at the salary schedule for the school district in League City.  A teacher with 20 - 24 years experience makes almost $11,000 more than teachers with only 0 - 4 years.  With Texas' public school funding issues, I wouldn't be surprised if districts pass on that kind of experience due to budgetary concerns.  Plus, she is 50something.  I posted on my FB about my frustration with trying to advance my career after age 50.  I received replies from friends facing the same thing in all sorts of industries, so ageism is out there, it seems.

True. Ageism does exist, sad to say. I've been to a couple of seminars myself on ways to "hide" or "mask" your age/experience.

Updating your makeup/hair/wardrobe, adjusting your salary/job title expectations, and limiting your resume to the last 10-15 yrs  are just a few examples.

Yes - there might be limits in the smaller districts like League City and Lake Charles. So one suggestion would be try the next school districts and I suspect they are not far from Houston. Also, yes - someone might perceive her to old to be in an elementary classroom, but maybe there are specialists positions, adm (ie the attendance, front office - just to get your foot in the door) or see if the HS school has a position until she can update her credentials. Our large school districts have a pgm for those with any STEM degree who can teach provisionally, obtain schooling to  earn full credentials. Those pgm are geared to those who are older - as a 2nd career. Just a few ideas. 

1

Share Post


Link to post

They tried Easter Bunny (who did look traumatizing)... now its Santa....  Are we out of holidays and their associated dressed & scary characters?  Please don't show an "uncle Sam" for the 4th of July...

Edited by sATL.
2

Share Post


Link to post

I read on another forum that Mimi is not a credentialed teacher....she just taught preschool at a daycare.

0

Share Post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, chabang said:

I read on another forum that Mimi is not a credentialed teacher....she just taught preschool at a daycare.

ok.. let me ask this ... how does one get a bachelors degree in education and NOT be certified ? They don't go hand in hand?

And if she's not.... well, time to hit the books.. another point that came up when I went to the seminars - update your skill set to show that you're still interested in the field.

1

Share Post


Link to post

Forcing your kids to sit on Santa's lap in order to get a perfect picture is one of those rare sins that carries its own ideal punishment. Oh, you want your little darlings lined up and smiling for the Christmas card? If you're lucky, they just scream like you're taking their picture with Jeffrey Dahmer. If you're not lucky, we'll catch a picture of Santa covered in vomit.

Kind of like when my nephew was mad at me and threw his ice cream cone on the floor. Well, now you don't have ice cream. I didn't even need to say there was a consequence!

We already know I'm a bad person, so...I thought it was hilarious when Parker tried to find an escape route by scrambling over Mom's head. My cat has done that once or twice.

0

Share Post


Link to post
5 hours ago, sATL said:

ok.. let me ask this ... how does one get a bachelors degree in education and NOT be certified ? They don't go hand in hand?

And if she's not.... well, time to hit the books.. another point that came up when I went to the seminars - update your skill set to show that you're still interested in the field.

She could have completed her degree but never completed the licensing needed to become a teacher.  In MN they do not go hand in hand.  I doubt they do in TX but we would need a TX to chime in.  She could get her teaching license and start out subbing, perhaps being a long term sub as well.  (Aren't Miss Career Advisor!)

2

Share Post


Link to post

I heard Dale say that he favors Hazel because she was the first one he held.  It’s still not right, and I detest the way they talk about Riley.  I’m tired of Hazel.

3

Share Post


Link to post
6 hours ago, ButterQueen said:

I heard Dale say that he favors Hazel because she was the first one he held.  It’s still not right, and I detest the way they talk about Riley.  I’m tired of Hazel.

Also, I think that is a weird reason to favor a certain child.Suspect it's just his excuse.

1

Share Post


Link to post

Poor Riley is the Collin Gosselin of this family. She has been damaged in some way..most likely by her early birth. No small child chooses to act like she does..she just can not help how she acts, and really needs a full neuroilgical work up I think. She most likely will need therapy of some sort and maybe medication too to deal with her behavior.

0

Share Post


Link to post
13 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

She could have completed her degree but never completed the licensing needed to become a teacher.  In MN they do not go hand in hand.  I doubt they do in TX but we would need a TX to chime in.  She could get her teaching license and start out subbing, perhaps being a long term sub as well.  (Aren't Miss Career Advisor!)

This might be interesting information to know, but it's become irrelevant re: Mimi.  Google "Michelle Theriot Keller Williams" and you'll see that she's already become a real estate agent in Houston.

Re: bachelor's degree and public school certification in most states: they are usually two separate things, but most colleges and universities assist the graduating seniors to do whatever they need to do to be certified so they ARE certified when they graduate.  Certifications are usually split up by age groups i.e. what grade in school you're certified to teach.  Pre-School Only can be one of the certifications.

Whichever school Mimi worked for (pre-school OR kindergarten through 5, public or private) the school closed down, that's why she lost her job.  I think she was at a pre-school.

It's not easy for any teacher of any age to get a different teaching job at a different school.  There can be all kinds of reasons such as valid certifications, tenure rules.  Teacher salary is determined by years experience, but starting at a new school they often don't grant any previous experience, or cap off experience at 7 years even if you worked for 25 years.

All Mimi's teaching was in Louisiana, but now she lives in Houston. (As of August 2018, not as of December 2017 on the current episode)

0

Share Post


Link to post

Let's go to Cajun Christmas.  No, let's skip Cajun Christmas. Well, okay, let's go to Cajun Christmas. No, not a good idea to go Cajun Christmas. I really want to go to Cajun Christmas.  It's better to not go to Cajun Christmas. Oh, all right, let's go to Cajun Christmas.

The quints have a schedule, and Cajun Christmas will mess up the schedule.  But it's Christmas and only one day of the year, let's go.  But it will be too chaotic, let's not go. But I want to see my family, let's go.  But it's so far to drive, let's not go.  But the quints should experience Cajun Christmas, let's go.

SINCE WHEN is "too chaotic" ever a reason for the Busby's to not do something?

SINCE WHEN is "stay on schedule" EVER AN EXCUSE ANYWHERE FOR ANY FAMILY regarding Christmas Day?

10

Share Post


Link to post
4 hours ago, winsomeone said:

Poor Riley is the Collin Gosselin of this family. She has been damaged in some way..most likely by her early birth. No small child chooses to act like she does..she just can not help how she acts, and really needs a full neuroilgical work up I think. She most likely will need therapy of some sort and maybe medication too to deal with her behavior.

Does Riley really act THAT badly? We've seen her have a few tantrums, but damn. All small children have tantrums. Siblings are often rough with each other. Damn, I remember throwing a brick at my sister once! My kids fight like fucking madmen with each other, but they are so sweet and patient and gentle with their younger cousins. They're never nasty or rough with their friends. I could be wrong, but I think it's just a sibling thing. 

We've seen the other girls hit and have fits. Riley may be more aggressive out of the bunch, but I'm not ready to label her as having "neurological" issues or decide she needs to be medicated. She just seems like a typical toddler, who may be more prone to tantrums than the others. Maybe she's more emotional. Who knows? There's a wide spectrum of "normal" when it comes to kids. I just haven't seen anything that set off major alarm bells for me. 

23

Share Post


Link to post
20 minutes ago, Angelica2121 said:

Let's go to Cajun Christmas.  No, let's skip Cajun Christmas. Well, okay, let's go to Cajun Christmas. No, not a good idea to go Cajun Christmas. I really want to go to Cajun Christmas.  It's better to not go to Cajun Christmas. Oh, all right, let's go to Cajun Christmas.

The quints have a schedule, and Cajun Christmas will mess up the schedule.  But it's Christmas and only one day of the year, let's go.  But it will be too chaotic, let's not go. But I want to see my family, let's go.  But it's so far to drive, let's not go.  But the quints should experience Cajun Christmas, let's go.

SINCE WHEN is "too chaotic" ever a reason for the Busby's to not do something?

SINCE WHEN is "stay on schedule" EVER AN EXCUSE ANYWHERE FOR ANY FAMILY regarding Christmas Day?

Did they ever explain what is and/or goes on at "Cajun Christmas" ??

My first thought of LA parties/events is that one should be legal drinking age...

0

Share Post


Link to post
On 2018-07-27 at 1:53 PM, ghoulina said:

But classic names are kind of trendy right now. As are the more unisex names with y's in weird places. So I don't find it that odd that they picked both. 

I don’t get why it is odd either, I think the names all sound pretty good together and not too matchy matchy. They also seem similar in syallbles and flow pretty well when listed. 

1

Share Post


Link to post
40 minutes ago, fountain said:

I don’t get why it is odd either, I think the names all sound pretty good together and not too matchy matchy. They also seem similar in syallbles and flow pretty well when listed. 

I agree.  At least they don't all start with the same letter like the Kardashians "K" or the Duggars "J"

1

Share Post


Link to post

I'm only on the 2nd episode and I've had enough of MiMi,,,,more than enough.

4

Share Post


Link to post
6 hours ago, winsomeone said:

Poor Riley is the Collin Gosselin of this family. She has been damaged in some way..most likely by her early birth. No small child chooses to act like she does..she just can not help how she acts, and really needs a full neuroilgical work up I think. She most likely will need therapy of some sort and maybe medication too to deal with her behavior.

If all five kids were like this, no one would say anything. They'd just chalk it up to standard two-year-old behavior. She's more on the emotional end of the toddler-behavior spectrum, but I don't think it's abnormal. Different children have different personalities. For the most part, the Busby children, including Blayke, seem pretty chill for young kids. 

But, if there is any child who appears like she'll need therapy, it's Blayke. Her entire identity is defined as "big sister to quints." Even when she's praised by her parents, it's usually just for helping her parents do things related to her sisters, like putting their beds together.

15

Share Post


Link to post
2 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Does Riley really act THAT badly? We've seen her have a few tantrums, but damn. All small children have tantrums. Siblings are often rough with each other. Damn, I remember throwing a brick at my sister once! My kids fight like fucking madmen with each other, but they are so sweet and patient and gentle with their younger cousins. They're never nasty or rough with their friends. I could be wrong, but I think it's just a sibling thing. 

We've seen the other girls hit and have fits. Riley may be more aggressive out of the bunch, but I'm not ready to label her as having "neurological" issues or decide she needs to be medicated. She just seems like a typical toddler, who may be more prone to tantrums than the others. Maybe she's more emotional. Who knows? There's a wide spectrum of "normal" when it comes to kids. I just haven't seen anything that set off major alarm bells for me. 

I agree completely.  It's how her parents choose to describe and react to her normal behavior that irks me.  They all engage in the same types of behavior, so why the always beleaguered, wearisome, and beaten down attitudes when talking about Riley, but nothing but sweetness and rainbows when talking about the others?  It's a stark contrast for sure.  It was good to see a few episodes ago all the praise Riley received for doing well with the potty.  She always has to stand out in some, positive or negative, way to get attention.  I would love to see Adam and Daniell take her or her and Parker out for an outing.  They make sure Blayke gets one on one time and they took Hazel out after her appointment.  Are they doing that for all of them?

4

Share Post


Link to post

I think Parker always looks sad. She doesn’t even get the attention that Riley gets for being “bad.” 

5

Share Post


Link to post

I have raised 4 boys, and never once at that young age, and even younger,  did any of them slap and punch each other in the face, and hit someone over the head with big heavy toys.  I feel sorry for those of you who think that this is normal behavior, as it is not. And, it is not something that happens once in a blue moon in that household, but multiple times per day if we are to believe what we are shown on TV. To each his own opinion though, as I guess your normal is just not mine.

4

Share Post


Link to post
1 hour ago, winsomeone said:

I have raised 4 boys, and never once at that young age, and even younger,  did any of them slap and punch each other in the face, and hit someone over the head with big heavy toys.  I feel sorry for those of you who think that this is normal behavior, as it is not. And, it is not something that happens once in a blue moon in that household, but multiple times per day if we are to believe what we are shown on TV. To each his own opinion though, as I guess your normal is just not mine.

I wonder if some of it is a function of them all being the same age since you might see similar behavior in a daycare setting where there are multiple children the same age.

8

Share Post


Link to post

What is wrong with Riley’s behaviour?  They all seem like 2.5 year olds to me.  Because their house is full of kids the same age they are maybe a little more bratty than some smaller family kids but not horrible or anything.  I think it is more that Adam and Danielle treat them like babies and talk to them like babies so they act like babies. At school wasn’t Riley moved to the bigger kid’s room?

When my daughter was young and I picked her up from childcare near closing time with just a few kids left I thought, “wow not as chaotic as I’d expect”, then I went early one day and was like “WTF is going on these kids are wild animals and it is so loud!”  The Busby’s have six kids and five are preschoolers their house is going to be loud and messy and there will be lots of time out screaming.  I actually didn’t see what Riley did as so punishable as warranting a time out instead of  just losing her turn with the lunch/snack.  I mean if my kid pushed off a spoon I would just be “no food for you”.  I thought  Adam made more production than needed about that but that’s his parenting style and to each their own.

9

Share Post


Link to post
14 hours ago, chabang said:

Also, I think that is a weird reason to favor a certain child.Suspect it's just his excuse.

I think he does it because on instagram everyone makes such a big friggin deal about how she’s everybodies favorite and when he posts pics of him holding her going on about their “special bond” all the Hazel groupies eat it up and like and comment on his pic.  I really think he just does it for the attention.  If he quit his job and is trying to be a reality star I guess he needs all the attention he can get.  Pretty pathetic.  I used yo like him but I’m starting to think he really likes being on camera ( along with Adam and Danielle)

0

Share Post


Link to post

I have a question about Riley. I missed an episode but I think I remember, wasn't she the first one to climb out of the crib, as well as the first one to be able to tell her teacher something that started with a certain letter? The teacher told Adam and Danielle that she and Parker were ready to move up to the next class. Maybe Riley is taking on a leadership role, so to speak, and is coming across as more "in charge" as she is somewhat more advanced than her sisters. Just my obsservation.

4

Share Post


Link to post
5 hours ago, CarolMK said:

I have a question about Riley. I missed an episode but I think I remember, wasn't she the first one to climb out of the crib, as well as the first one to be able to tell her teacher something that started with a certain letter? The teacher told Adam and Danielle that she and Parker were ready to move up to the next class. Maybe Riley is taking on a leadership role, so to speak, and is coming across as more "in charge" as she is somewhat more advanced than her sisters. Just my obsservation.

She might be bored?

0

Share Post


Link to post
On 8/8/2018 at 5:52 PM, sATL said:

ok.. let me ask this ... how does one get a bachelors degree in education and NOT be certified ? They don't go hand in hand?

And if she's not.... well, time to hit the books.. another point that came up when I went to the seminars - update your skill set to show that you're still interested in the field.

In PA they do not go hand in hand.  You have to have your bachelors and then pass the NTE - each state requires different tests from the NTE to be certified. Then to keep your certs  you have to keep up your education. 

0

Share Post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Snickerdoodle said:

In PA they do not go hand in hand.  You have to have your bachelors and then pass the NTE - each state requires different tests from the NTE to be certified. Then to keep your certs  you have to keep up your education. 

ok. thanks all for explaining the process...

In 20+ yrs in the field - wouldn't one want to take the tests? I understand burnout from college coursework, test prep/time costs, and fear of failure/ multiple attempts, but some where along the line... complete what was started - even to show your current employer you've done "something" to improve yourself at annual review time (anther tip from the seminar I went to).

Just coming to work everyday, doing what you're told, & staying out of trouble, is not always enough in today's job market.

I know this is a different field - but just met a lady earlier this year who said if she got some-kind of accounting certification, she was eligible for a bonus and job promotion.  The upcoming weekend would be her 3rd attempt. She passed.

And if the lack of taking & passing is the the reason (or hold up) for Mimi getting turned down from a new job/career path in education, well.. sounds like the writing is on the wall. Yes, not an easy road, but surely there is light at the end of the tunnel.

I don't mean to be a killjoy towards Mimi new career - but to me it would have made more sense to do the processes to get certified (if she is not) rather than perusing real estate. If she can pass test in a brand new field, surely she could pass in a field that she has decades of experience

Edited by sATL.
1

Share Post


Link to post

A year or so ago, Dale was carrying Riley up the stairs, and she turned and slapped him in the face as hard as she could for no apparent reason..so that is normal for a 1.5 year old? If you pick your 2.5 year old up from pre school, and their face has been bashed in by another child hitting him with a heavy toy, are you then not at all upset, and say, well, that is just normal 2.5 behavior, and return your child the next day to get more of the same? 

3

Share Post


Link to post
49 minutes ago, winsomeone said:

A year or so ago, Dale was carrying Riley up the stairs, and she turned and slapped him in the face as hard as she could for no apparent reason..so that is normal for a 1.5 year old? If you pick your 2.5 year old up from pre school, and their face has been bashed in by another child hitting him with a heavy toy, are you then not at all upset, and say, well, that is just normal 2.5 behavior, and return your child the next day to get more of the same? 

There's age-appropriate behavior that's in the normal range, but still needs to be corrected.  Little kids hit for lots of reasons, it shouldn't be tolerated, but it also doesn't mean that there's something terribly wrong with the child, 

20

Share Post


Link to post
On 8/8/2018 at 9:07 AM, winsomeone said:

 

It seems like at least several times in every show, Riley has a total flare out for no apparent reason. Things are going fine, then she just loses it over nothing that can be seen, and starts screaming and crying, and slapping and punching her sisters. She just totally loses it and has to be removed by a parent. I worry that something may be wrong with her to cause this behavior? Maybe her brain was damaged slightly from their very early birth, or something like that? Nothing that affects her intelligence, but in a place that affects her behavior.

 

I doubt there’s anything medically wrong with her. She’s just more intense than her sisters and has stronger reactions. Many toddlers are like this — I am more surprised by how docile the others can be. 

12

Share Post


Link to post
17 hours ago, winsomeone said:

I have raised 4 boys, and never once at that young age, and even younger,  did any of them slap and punch each other in the face, and hit someone over the head with big heavy toys.  I feel sorry for those of you who think that this is normal behavior, as it is not. And, it is not something that happens once in a blue moon in that household, but multiple times per day if we are to believe what we are shown on TV. To each his own opinion though, as I guess your normal is just not mine.

You don't need to feel sorry for me. I don't think that just because it doesn't happen in YOUR home that doesn't make it normal. Normal is a very broad range. I don't know how close in age your kids are, but kids very close in age tend to fight worse than others. I used to work in daycare. Many different daycares, in different states. So it's not just experience with my kids. Little toddlers commonly bite, pull hair, hit. They aren't that verbal yet, so they get frustrated with not being able express themselves and often do so physically. 

I just don't like the idea that something is really wrong with Riley, just because she sometimes lashes out physically. If she's still doing so in a few years...okay. But I, personally, don't think it's alarming behavior given her age and the dynamics in the home. 

13 minutes ago, readheaded said:

There's age-appropriate behavior that's in the normal range, but still needs to be corrected.  Little kids hit for lots of reasons, it shouldn't be tolerated, but it also doesn't mean that there's something terribly wrong with the child, 

Exactly. This is the age when they're testing those boundaries and LEARNING that it's not okay. 

18

Share Post


Link to post

So are they just going to wait and see regarding Hazel's eyes for a while?  And log what they notice? She definitely turns her head and the eyes flutter like they did before the 1st surgery. 

I agree that I don't think it is funny to subject the kids to Santa if they are so scared. I did however, think it was cute how some of them were just holding themselves still during the photo shoot, as if thinking, "If I don't move, maybe he won't see me or talk to me. Aaagh!"

2

Share Post


Link to post
23 hours ago, sATL said:

Let's go to Cajun Christmas.  No, let's skip Cajun Christmas. Well, okay, let's go to Cajun Christmas. No, not a good idea to go Cajun Christmas. I really want to go to Cajun Christmas.  It's better to not go to Cajun Christmas. Oh, all right, let's go to Cajun Christmas.

The quints have a schedule, and Cajun Christmas will mess up the schedule.  But it's Christmas and only one day of the year, let's go.  But it will be too chaotic, let's not go. But I want to see my family, let's go.  But it's so far to drive, let's not go.  But the quints should experience Cajun Christmas, let's go.

SINCE WHEN is "too chaotic" ever a reason for the Busby's to not do something?

SINCE WHEN is "stay on schedule" EVER AN EXCUSE ANYWHERE FOR ANY FAMILY regarding Christmas Day?

I want a drinking game with Cajun Christmas.  Like the little ones will ever remember Cajun Christmas!!!

 

18 hours ago, winsomeone said:

I have raised 4 boys, and never once at that young age, and even younger,  did any of them slap and punch each other in the face, and hit someone over the head with big heavy toys.  I feel sorry for those of you who think that this is normal behavior, as it is not. And, it is not something that happens once in a blue moon in that household, but multiple times per day if we are to believe what we are shown on TV. To each his own opinion though, as I guess your normal is just not mine.

I have two boys, a year apart and they NEVER hit each other with their hands, fists, nothing nor with toys.  I am always a bit perplexed why the Gosselin gang and other multipled do this.  I get trying it once or twice, as it is a "fight or flight" mentality but it need to be corrected.

1

Share Post


Link to post
Official Post

Folks,

The whole do kids hit or not discussions is getting a bit too personal.  Your kids may act out in ways similar to Riley.  Your kids may have never done that.  Other kids you know could fit anywhere from demon spawn who are hellbent on attacking others to sweetest little angels who wouldn't hurt a fly.  Regardless, let's save our snark for the show, not each other.  

6

Share Post


Link to post

Has anyone else noticed that Blayke is constantly on a phone or iPad? 

2

Share Post


Link to post

Move over Kate Gosselin!  New sextuplets in town:

Older sons are Saylor, Wales and Bridge, the sextuplets are: Rivers, Rayne, Rawlings, Blu, Tag and Layke.  3 are boys and three are girls (I think) - the older boys sound like a law firm.  "Hello!  This is the firm of Saylor Wales and Bridge, how may I direct your call?"

Okay, found out the boys from the girls:

The boys were named Layke Bryars, Blu Wellington and Tag Bricker while the girls were named, Rivers McCall, Rayne McCoy and Rawlings McClaine

39 minutes ago, SunshineState said:

Has anyone else noticed that Blayke is constantly on a phone or iPad? 

Yes!

Edited by Mrs. Hanson.
2

Share Post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Move over Kate Gosselin!  New sextuplets in town:

Older sons are Saylor, Wales and Bridge, the sextuplets are: Rivers, Rayne, Rawlings, Blu, Tag and Layke.  3 are boys and three are girls (I think) - the older boys sound like a law firm.  "Hello!  This is the firm of Saylor Wales and Bridge, how may I direct your call?"

Holy shit. 

Could there be any more random and misplaced letter "Y"s in those names? 

I'll boycott based on that alone.  

Also, is this the new strategy to take care of these high number multiples that these parents know that they can't afford?  Plan on a reality show along with the birth?

4

Share Post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, KBrownie said:

Holy shit. 

Could there be any more random and misplaced letter "Y"s in those names? 

I'll boycott based on that alone.  

Also, is this the new strategy to take care of these high number multiples that these parents know that they can't afford?  Plan on a reality show along with the birth?

Not to get too off topic.....but yes this family has a GoFundMe page.

2

Share Post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now