Live in the Media

Have to wonder why since Kelly is so awful on the show and has treated people poorly why the show is still on the air. Is Disney just planning something and letting it die a natural death?  Hasn't someone posted that the ratings are down?  Down enough to cancel?  Or are they waiting out that Mark may indeed have a career in TV in California and the family will move there?  Or does none of this figure in Disney's decision?  I don't mind the show because I don't have any expectations for it to be anything but what it is.  Depending on the cohost, I enjoy host chat, and unless I am interested in a guest, turn it off after that.

Share Post

50 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

Have to wonder why since Kelly is so awful on the show and has treated people poorly why the show is still on the air.

Because it's a money maker.

51 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

Hasn't someone posted that the ratings are down?  Down enough to cancel?

Apparently not.

51 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

Or are they waiting out that Mark may indeed have a career in TV in California and the family will move there?  Or does none of this figure in Disney's decision?

Why would Disney care about one of its employee's spouse's job prospects?

52 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

Or does none of this figure in Disney's decision?

Disney's decision will be based on $ and on $ alone.

Share Post

Well thanks.  I guess even though the ratings are down it is still making them enough $$.

Share Post

It's a real cheap show, even if it is not making what it used to make, it's still very cheap to produce, esp with one host.

Share Post

Saw an article this week-end in a magazine that headlined, "Kelly Betrayed."  Apparently she's upset there has been no decision for co-host and apparently Jerry O'Connell and his wife have been in talks with the suits about hosting their OWN talk show!  Can you imagine??  Article mentioned the falling ratings since Kellmee has been going it alone.  Don't know how much truth there is in the piece but it was interesting to read that Jerry and Rebecca are being considered for their own talk show.  

Share Post

I read so many different things about Kelly's Ratings. This is what I found. Take it for what's it's worth:

http://www.medialifemagazine.com/this-weeks-daypart-ratings/

Basically, Kelly isn't even in the Top 10 of syndicated programs. If you go strictly by talk shows she's ranked above Ellen which is a pretty big deal. So, I guess ABC/Disney would happy about that, right?

Share Post

23 hours ago, finnzup said:

Saw an article this week-end in a magazine that headlined, "Kelly Betrayed."  Apparently she's upset there has been no decision for co-host and apparently Jerry O'Connell and his wife have been in talks with the suits about hosting their OWN talk show!  Can you imagine??  Article mentioned the falling ratings since Kellmee has been going it alone.  Don't know how much truth there is in the piece but it was interesting to read that Jerry and Rebecca are being considered for their own talk show.  

I actually saw a movie that Jerry and his wife were in on Hallmark. It's weird seeing a calm Jerry, and he and his wife had good chemistry.  

I read months ago that Kelly didn't want a co-host ,  she apparently wanted the show to be her's alone . Now that ratings are down , she's probably pushing to hire someone .

Anyone who has seen her pattern of being a bitch to her co-hosts when they leave, and not speaking to them after years of working with them, probably would think twice about taking a permanent job with her.

Also, Kelly's little display of passive aggressiveness toward Disney, when she behaved as if she was some coal miner or underpaid factory workers  who was mistreated,  I am sure did not go unnoticed.

You don't not  fail to show up for work, and then publicly diss your employer , and basically say they disrespected you, while you show no respect to your costar and insult him on the air.   

Kelly thinks she's "all that", and she's no more than a teeny part of a huge corporation.

When Michael was on the show, they consistently were #12 , and were "top talker". Now they are down to # 19.  They apparently are down over 20% in ratings. 

Maybe if Kelly didn't have a a history of her unprofessional behavior, and grudges things would be different.

Edited by snowydaze.

Share Post

15 hours ago, ByaNose said:

So, I guess ABC/Disney would happy about that, right?

According to that link, LWK still gets 3.3 million viewers.

Share Post