Live in the Media

http://www.sheknows.com/entertainment/articles/1120285/mario-lopez-co-host-live-with-kelly-ripa?utm_source=SheKnowsDaily&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=20160503&utm_term=SKDailySubscribersFinal&utm_content=6640390

Not so fast, however. Lopez isn't the only charismatic male TV star who adores Ripa and would kill for the job. Alfonso Ribeiro reportedly already volunteered to relocate from Los Angeles to New York City if producers thought he was a good fit for Live! And Anderson Cooper, one of Ripa's BFFs, had nothing but lovely things to say about the opportunity to work with her.

"Kelly is the heart and soul of that show, and it's going to go on and continue to be great, and I wish Michael the best in his new endeavor," the 60 Minutes correspondent and CNN anchor said onWatch What Happens Live with Andy Cohen. "Look, I'm very happy at CNN. It would be a dream to work with Kelly, but nobody's offering anything, so..."

Edited by ChiCricket. Reason: More to add

Share Post

Official Post

Excellent idea, ChiCricket. This thread will be for any links to interviews, video clips, promos or articles that appear in the general Media, that discuss the Live with Kelly and Michael show. Discussion about what was posted is encouraged in this thread.

Share Post

From the article above that @HalcyonDays posted:

"She came from soaps. He came from sports. Together, they were a zingy, unanticipated flavor combination that culminated on Sunday night with a Daytime Emmy win as Outstanding Entertainment Talk Show Hosts.

The idea of Ripa’s permanent on-air partner being someone who travels in the same circles, who knows all her anecdotes (and vice versa), removes the element of surprise from those opening 20 minutes of chit-chat that makes Live such an indispensable morning staple.

What’s more, where’s the fun of Live spending the summer searching out newbies alongside Ripa only to go with somebody who’s already in her iPhone contacts under “Favorites”?

By casting its net wide and weird, Live can generate some positive summer buzz, help to erase memories of its “national nightmare” interlude and give its audience the joy of watching a daytime star hatch in front of its very eyes.

Your turn. Should Live cast someone in Kelly’s circle as her co-host? Or do you agree that it’s time for the show to take another road less traveled?"

Ps how do you get rid of the @ Symbol in front of someone's bolded name?

Edited by ChiCricket. Reason: question about @

Share Post

Ps how do you get rid of the @ Symbol in front of someone's bolded name?

The @ Symbol is called a Mention. If done right, it will look like this: @ChiCricket and you'll get a notification that someone mentioned you in a post. Basically, you type the @ symbol, get a swirling cursor, then what looks like a drop-list list of all members here, listed alphabetically. If you start typing a person's name, the name will come up in the list and you can either type out the whole name, or partially type the name, then use your mouse to select the person's name.

Best way to "stop" this feature, is either just type the @ sign and keep typing (the drop down list will go away) or hit the escape key to get rid of the list of members that appears.

Share Post

But how did YOU not have the "@" in front of my bolded name ? :)

Share Post

Another article in one of the NY papers saying that Regis has been approached about coming back to Live!  Wait, what?!  

As much as I love Reege, and, he WAS the show as far as I'm concerned, he should not take the offer.  I think 'the little guy' would be intolerable.  And of course, by 'little guy' I'm referring to Kelly, lol.

Edited by finnzup.

Share Post

On May 4, 2016 at 10:02 PM, HalcyonDays said:

Just type the name, then bold the name. That's all I did in my post above where I said good idea. I usually bold members' names in my posts so it stands out better.

Jimmy Kimmel Will Be Kelly Ripa's First Live Co-Host After Michael Strahan

Jimmy Kimmel!! Should be interesting...

The rest of the first week will have, as guest co-hosts:

Jussie Smollett, from Fox's Empire, on Tuesday the 17th

Comedian Cedric the Entertainer, on Wednesday the 18th

ABC World News Tonight anchor David Muir (presumably barring his being needed to cover breaking news outside of New York City), on Thursday the 19th &

Actor Daniel Dae Kim, of the current version of Hawaii Five-0 & Lost, who's also currently starring (through June 26th) as the King of Siam in the Broadway revival of The King and I at Lincoln Center Theater, on Friday the 20th.

Share Post

is-val-chmerkovskiy-a-candidate-to-host-http://www.sheknows.com/entertainment/articles/1121215/is-val-chmerkovskiy-a-candidate-to-host-live?utm_source=SheKnowsDaily&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=20160510&utm_term=SKDailySubscribersFinal&utm_content=6694265

It's not that Chmerkovskiy is a terrible choice for the job, necessarily. There are just so many better candidates.

Chmerkovskiy definitely has a loyal following of fans and plenty of recognition. But we're not sure he has the personality to be a host on a show like Live! Chmerkovskiy can come off as a little bit arrogant to some, and especially when he's following in the footsteps of a natural host like Strahan, we can't help but wonder if those shoes are a little too big for Chmerkovskiy to fill — or, at least, fill as well as another celeb could.

Edited by ChiCricket. Reason: More info

Share Post

http://www.sheknows.com/entertainment/articles/1121341/kelly-ripa-passive-aggressive-toward-michael-strahan?utm_source=SheKnowsDaily&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=20160512&utm_term=SKDailySubscribersFinal&utm_content=6709678

Kelly Ripa is not ready to disclose who her new co-host on Live! will be, but she's ready to show Michael Strahan the door nonetheless.

Strahan's last day on the show is Friday, and Ripa's attitude is basically, "Don't let the door hit you on the way out," as anyone who can read between the lines of her new interview with Peoplemagazine can see.

"There's a part of me that can say, 'OK, I understand. This may have been an oversight,'" Ripa said of being pretty much the last to know of Strahan's plans to leave the show. "And again, after 26 years, at this point we are like a family. And sometimes when you are so comfortable with somebody, you may not give them the same consideration as somebody you're not as comfortable with — a certain formality falls away."

Share Post

Today Kelly wore her little "freedom" jacket. Is she in junior high? It is really cringe worthy.

Share Post

18 hours ago, ChiCricket said:

http://www.sheknows.com/entertainment/articles/1121341/kelly-ripa-passive-aggressive-toward-michael-strahan?utm_source=SheKnowsDaily&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=20160512&utm_term=SKDailySubscribersFinal&utm_content=6709678

Kelly Ripa is not ready to disclose who her new co-host on Live! will be, but she's ready to show Michael Strahan the door nonetheless.

Strahan's last day on the show is Friday, and Ripa's attitude is basically, "Don't let the door hit you on the way out," as anyone who can read between the lines of her new interview with Peoplemagazine can see.

"There's a part of me that can say, 'OK, I understand. This may have been an oversight,'" Ripa said of being pretty much the last to know of Strahan's plans to leave the show. "And again, after 26 years, at this point we are like a family. And sometimes when you are so comfortable with somebody, you may not give them the same consideration as somebody you're not as comfortable with — a certain formality falls away."

I didn't think a list of potentials could be compiled that included possibles who would make me dive for the remote faster than Kelly Ripa herself. 

Betthhenny Frankel!?!?

Oh, my head.

Jenny McCarthy?

Is that list supposed to be a joke? Please?

Share Post

Gets us talking doesn't it. Which may be the purpose of this type article. male cohost for sure .is my opinion

Share Post

column in this Sunday's papers about women displaying anger discusses the Kelly Ripa event.

Share Post

http://www.wonderwall.com/news/michael-strahan-erased-from-live-with-kelly-ripa-set-1921035.article

See ya, Michael!

Following his last day as the co-host of "Live! With Kelly & Michael" alongside Kelly Ripa on Friday, May 13, all traces of Michael Strahan are being stripped from the ABC morning show's studios, according to a new report.

Come Monday morning, reports Page Six, it will be as if Michael was never there as the show returns to the air as simply "Live! With Kelly."

"There are pictures of [Michael and Kelly] in the hallway that greet all the guests," an insider told Page Six. "And there are pictures of them in the green room. That will all be cleared out and removed."

"I wouldn't call it redecorating, but it will be 'refreshed,'" the insider added. "All that stuff will be boxed up."

Another source told Page Six that erasing Michael from the studio comes as no surprise. "That's consistent with what ABC has done in the past -- it's in line with how they have made other changes."

A rep for the show, however, told Page Six, "That is not true."

Share Post

Really?  None of them do it for me.  I like a lot of them, but, in that particular situation, not so much.  Is the suggestion for RuPaul to do it in full getup?  I don't think he would want to.  But, anyway, none of these seem to be suitable for that gig. YMMV

Share Post

I loved Ross on Jay Leno's show, but for some reason I don't like him as much since.

Share Post

Most of the people on that list (that I've heard of) are super annoying. "Dr."Jenny McCarthy? Ugh. Rosie Perez would make my ears bleed by 9:05. Caitlyn Jenner? Just no, over exposed a year ago. A Kardashian? Possibly the worst suggestion.

Share Post

I think I would prefer Fred Savage, Rob's ex-costar. Fred killed it when he was on. Rob is just too pretty for me, and he doesn't seem to have a lot of staying power.

Share Post

As many sources (& there were many on my Twitter feed) as reported Rob Lowe's in negotiation, or whatever, to be Kelly's new co-host, 1 said it was definitely not true. I follow him on Twitter (longtime The West Wing fan); he's filming a movie somewhere on location right now. Guess we'll see what happens.

Share Post

Rob Lowe and Kelly would be at each other's throats within 2 weeks.  Too much ego.

Share Post

http://dailycaller.com/2016/05/31/report-kelly-ripas-new-co-host-wont-be-a-man-but-a-woman/

Two names that have popped up as possible co-host for Ripa include comedian Wanda Sykes and former “View” co-star Sherri Shepherd.

According to another report, Shepard is all for it, and praised the idea of breaking the tradition of the show. “I think people would be ready for a woman with Kelly,” she said. “How about a black woman? … I would love to do it.”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2016/05/31/report-kelly-ripas-new-co-host-wont-be-a-man-but-a-woman/#ixzz4AIf4r68y

Share Post

12 minutes ago, Showwatcher said:

Never in a gazillion years.

Not unless the new female host was hose beast ugly.  Kelly would never be the older and less pretty princess.

Share Post

Should Regis Philbin go back to Live with Kelly Ripa?

It's Live! with Kelly... and Regis? Yep, you read that right. Apparently, Regis Philbin, the former co-host of the popular morning show, may be in talks with ABC to return to his position on Live!following his 2011 retirement. However, following the recent release of co-host Michael Strahan, In Touch magazine is reporting that Ripa is less than thrilled about the idea. And, personally, I can't blame her if she really does feel that way. Why? Because after 10 years on the show with Philbin and five years apart, a lot has changed. And there's no reason to go back.

“ABC suggested having him come back on a temporary basis. But Kelly shot it down immediately,”In Touch's inside source stated. “She and Regis aren’t close and she felt ABC was just trying to continue to agitate her."

Share Post

I think it would be a step backwards for the show.  Regis seems dottering when I see him on other shows.  And how can she pretend to be Computer Free again.  

Share Post

Regis often used to talk about what good friends he was with Trump, & tell funny stories about them spending time together.  Trump even appeared as a guest on Live! from time to time (I always changed channels immediately whenever that happened).  I'd be interested to know what Regis thinks about his pal's behavior as a candidate, though I doubt he'd be willing to speak frankly about it in public.

Share Post

Page Six is reporting Fred Savage as the co-host frontrunner.

As are other media outlets.

Share Post

On July 16, 2016 at 2:33 PM, NewDigs said:

Page Six is reporting Fred Savage as the co-host frontrunner.

As are other media outlets.

And, as at least as I remember some thought--though I don't think he's been in the Co-Host seat since Michael left--Rob Lowe's not getting the job. About a week ago, I think, he joined the cast of CBS' Code Black (the low-rated medical show starring Oscar-winner Marcia Gay Harden). He & the rest of the cast are currently (or recently have been) in "medical boot camp" (learning how to do procedures reasonably accurately for fictional medical show purposes) in preparation for the show's second season.

Share Post

TheWrap is hit-or-miss, but they do a rundown of ratings by guest co-host.  I don't put much stock in that site.  The other major Kelly Ripa story they are hyping is how "co-hosts are being invited back".  Apparently the intern that "wrote" the story isn't aware that we are seeing re-hashed compilation shows (with fresh pre-taped host chats) until the new season starts after Labor Day.

http://www.thewrap.com/kelly-ripas-guest-co-hosts-ranked-by-tv-ratings-from-kimmel-to-cohen-photos/

Share Post

9 hours ago, SanDiegoInExile said:

TheWrap is hit-or-miss, but they do a rundown of ratings by guest co-host.  I don't put much stock in that site.  The other major Kelly Ripa story they are hyping is how "co-hosts are being invited back".  Apparently the intern that "wrote" the story isn't aware that we are seeing re-hashed compilation shows (with fresh pre-taped host chats) until the new season starts after Labor Day.

http://www.thewrap.com/kelly-ripas-guest-co-hosts-ranked-by-tv-ratings-from-kimmel-to-cohen-photos/

Yeah. Ryan Seacrest was today's Co-Host. Besides the facts that I'm pretty sure he hasn't been cloned & they mentioned he was going to host stuff during the Olympics during Host Chat, I knew it was a repeat/compilation show today just because he was Co-Host. It's pretty hard for him to be in Rio hosting Olympic segments for NBC & in NYC Co-Hosting with Kelly on the same day. Until I saw Ryan in NYC Co-Hosting today, when I knew he's been in Rio doing the Olympics for the last week, I have to admit I wasn't sure if they were on vacation/pretaped shows this week or not (especially since I usually only stick around to hear the guest list & for Host Chat/the trivia & opening dancing stuff).

Share Post

It's interesting how Michael was not surprised by Kelly's reaction.  I am thinking spoiled, diva Kelly is not uncommon, so that is why no one was surprised at her assinine behavior.

Share Post

NY Post had an article today about Tamron Hall being encouraged to join Live with Kelly.  I'm barely tolerating LWK as it is.  This would be the last straw.

Share Post

German & Disney doesn't look like it's seriously looking for a co-host for Kelly. And, I think that's what Kelly prefers. She's the star & the show is probably saving big time money. They probably pay a flat fee for the guest co-host. I'm guessing they won't look till next September for a permanent host. Remember when Fred Savage was all the rage? Now, you never hear about him. Then it was Jerry O'Connell. He was his usual funny self but that died down, too. Then they started having woman co-host like Megan Kelly & Carrie Ann Inaba. They are even pretending to be looking. In theory, they could keep doing this until Kelly needs a vacation. 

Share Post

Well, it appears Nick Cannon left his AGT gig.  He'd be fairly awesome on this show, would he not?

Share Post

Nope, sorry, dont like Nick Cannon. He seems arrogant.

Share Post

11 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Savage was all the rage? Now, you never hear about him. Then it was Jerry O'Connell. He was his usual funny self but that died down, too. Then they started having woman co-host like Megan Kelly & Carrie Ann Inaba. They are even pretending to be looking. In theory, they could keep doing this until Kelly needs a vacation. 

Who is this "they" who are pretending to be looking?  The producers of the show have never made an official announcement concerning the search or the lack of a search for a co-host.  Not one word.  Entertainment 'news' outlets have gone bananas with speculation, but they only do that for internet traffic to their sites.

Share Post

It has been a two host show for a long time. Unless "they" announce that it is now a One Gal Show, then it is logical to assume "they" are looking for a co-host.

I would not call the coverage "bananas." More like, "prunes."

Share Post

11 minutes ago, Jeanius said:

Wow. That is sad.

The weird thing is (or not really) that Regis was very friendly with Gelman & Art Moore. I'm not sure whose decision it was or has been to never ask Regis back. Maybe, its in Kelly's contract? Maybe, it was Disney? Maybe, it was Gelman? I guess we will never know but I'm sure they will profess their undying love for him when his kicks the bucket if the show is still on the air. Now knowing what we know now it would be a little disingenuous.

Share Post

Gelman was like a son to Regis.  This was done well over his head, along with other budgetary cuts.  What I can't speak to, and wonder about, is how this relationship has survived.  It sounds like it is dead, as well.  OR...it's simply understood by each of them that the marching orders from above are strict: No bringing back Regis!!!!!!  I believe this is more likely.

I'd love to know how much Gelman's compensation was reduced.  No way he's escaped unscathed.

Kelly's utter two-faced show biz persona sure came out in that final walk with Regis, eh?  Yet who shrieked about decency and faaaaaaaairness in how folks are treated when MS and Disney made a perfectly reasonable business move?  Why, she was as innocent and corny as Kansas.  

She sure got paid, though, didn't she.

I can't begin to describe how bitter the irony to me is that in this case, Disney, of all corporations, is the victim.   This is alternate universe stuff.

Share Post

"When Regis passes peacefully," it would be my wish that Live! merely mention it in passing, if it all. Please no "tribute" to him. I have a soft spot for Ol' Reege. He may be a complete a-hole, and maybe I am a complete a-hole.

Megyn Kelly may also be a complete a-hole. If and when she is up against Kelly Ripa, I hope her numbers tromp all over Live!

Yes, I'm a bitter bitch tonight. Most nights, tbh.

Oh, I turned on Live! for a few seconds today. I think Ricky Martin was on.

Share Post