All Episodes Talk: The Barbecue Pit

Side note - not until I watched some early episodes recently did I realize that Brittany Murphy was the voice of Joseph before he hit puberty

.I didn't know that!  Interesting.

Share Post

We just found this on ON Demand and binge watched some eppys we hadn't seen before WOOT!

Share Post

Earlier today, I was listening to an episode of the podcast Doug Loves Movies, and Toby Huss was one of the guests. What I knew was that he was the voice of Cotton; what I did not know was that he was also the voice of Khan AND he was Artie: The Strongest Man in the World on The Adventures of Pete and Pete. My mind is BLOWN right about now. 

Share Post

This might be the most underrated show of all time! Even friends I have who love shows like The Simpsons had never watched King of the Hill, which is such a shame because KoTH is so smart, insightful, warmhearted without being sappy and has better character definition than you'll find on most non-cartoon shows. I actually love it even more than The Simpsons and South Park and find KotH holds up even better over time than I had hoped. Or maybe I'm telling myself that so that I can feel like those DVD sets I bought were a worthwhile purchase! :)

I love every episode mentioned in this thread as favorites. I also love Hilloween, Traffic Jam, Revenge of the Lutefisk, Death and Taxes, Lupe's Revenge, The Substitute Spanish Prisoner and so many others. If I had to pick just one favorite season, it would probably be S6, which is funny since by then most of my other favorite shows have started sliding downhill if they're still on the air at all. 

Peggy used to annoy me, but at some point I grew to love her and find that a lot of Peggy-centered episodes are favorites of mine. 

Cotton is the one character I can only take in very small doses, and I'm not the hugest Nancy fan either (though at first her flagrant affair with John Redcorn and Dale's obliviousness to it was amusing), but I love literally almost everyone else. I loved Connie and always wanted to see more of her. 

Share Post

The show was very enjoyable for years, I think the problem happened during the last 3 years as Fox kept renewing the series last minute because Mike Judge said he had to keep writing the show to get to a wrap up for the last four years it was on. He didn't want to be suddenly cancelled and not give the show a fitting end. Originally that was suppose to be Luanne and Lucky getting married, and that was delayed two years and they decided to air it and have Luanne give birth. Of course they had killed Cotton off by then and was basically to get Fox to stop renewing the show since they were running out of ideas and had used all 12 unused scripts over the last 5 years. Least with the final episode, it game a sense of conclusion and even had Hank end with accepting who Bobby was.

Share Post

I love that episode where he tries to teach Bobby about life and how eating a corn chip fresh off the line is a life changing experience. I wish I could get KOTH streaming somewhere since I would love to watch that episode again.

Share Post