All Episodes Talk: Come at Me BRO!

Yay! I was wondering where I was going to discuss my favorite dudebros. Battle of Los Angeles is tonight's new episode. I have no idea what they're going to do with that.

Share Post

Battle of Los Angeles was pretty good. When they bring in psychics, I always take what they say with a grain of salt. I found it quite interesting that both the psychic ladies thought there was a hallway in the same spot. Pretty good episode.

Share Post

I know what you mean about the new opening.  I miss Zak saying Hell, lol.

Share Post

Good episode - I think the historic location inspired them to be less hokey than they've started to resort to as of late.

Whenever any of them has something "come over" them these days I roll my eyes and wonder how much longer I can watch. I know they can't strike gold every time, but I'd rather see more background on the location, the history, local interviews or - ANYTHING other than the guys hamming it up and becoming "possessed" which I just flat out don't believe.

Share Post

The past two episodes used those psychics, and random other psychics seem to turn up a lot these days. I hope this couple that was on the two LA episodes was just due to proximity. If I want to watch a psychic wandering around "feeling" things, I'll watch Dead Files.

Share Post

That is funny that you mention the Dead Files Ananayel.  I was wondering if they kept bringing in the Psychics because of the success of Dead Files, to cash in on that aspect. 

Share Post

Season 9 episodes, feel free to discuss all in this thread.

9.1 "Sharon Tate Ghost/The Oman House"

9.2 "The Myrtles Plantation"

9.3 "George Washington Ghost/Morris Jumel Mansion"

9.4 "Hotel Meade/Bannack Ghost Town"

9.5 "Fear Factory"

9.6 "Heritage Junction"

9.7 "Fort MacArthur Museum/Battle of Los Angeles"

9.8 "Paris Catacombs"

9.9 "St. James Hotel"

9.10 TBA

9.11 TBA

9.12 TBA

Share Post

Hey Zak! You know who hangs out in the Paris Catacombs and probably stole your cameras? Junkies, like Sandy probably is.

(Bacchus was just some weirdo, who got weirder.)

Share Post

A place to discuss particular episodes, arcs and moments from the show's run. Please remember this isn't a complete catch-all topic -- check out the forum for character topics and other places for show-related talk.

Share Post

i feel dumb basically double posting BUT...

Who the fuck is staying at the St. James Hotel?

They padlock the rooms from the outside.

That seems like a murder-rape hotel.

(I swear Zak said Pad-a-lock... but I was distracted by his sunglasses... )

Share Post

Hi Megan, I have to catch up on my Bro'st Adventures so I can join in on the convo! I have them all DVR'd. Also "pad-a-lock" made me lol. 

Share Post

I got a kick out how Zak was "at death's door" before the lockdown, and displayed no hint of any illness during the lockdown. The "rest" that he needed for his "exhaustion" consisted of sitting in a chair for a few minutes. Also quite amusing was how Aaron was just sure they were going to padlock him into room 18, and then he would "ruin a historic location."

I wouldn't stay at the St. James either. Not with invisible forces throwing people over balconies. But mostly likely, Miss Thing was drunk and confused and fell over. Everyone seemed to buy into the haunting completely, which makes me nervous.

Share Post

Zak takes the drama too far for me sometimes with his carrying on about becoming physically overwhelmed by the spirits at each location. No need to be so serious, DudeBro. 

Share Post

Zak is such a dick. Always locking Aaron up in dark, haunted, isolated "historic" locations.

Who else rolled their eyeballs into the back of their heads when the stick ghost thingy obeyed Zak. "Raise your hand," stick figure raises its stick arm "OMG DUDE BRO did you see that?"

Also this.  { NO EVPs }  Stamped across the screen in bright red. *Face palm*

Share Post

Yep, I don't understand this whole stick figure technology (video game? lol) they started using. The first time I saw them use it was in the Exorcist house, and they tried to explain it, but I just didn't get it at all. 

I want Zak to tell the stick figure thingy to "Twerk for us! Come on! DO it! Are you chicken? DANCE!!"  hee  hee

Edited by FinePoint.

Share Post

The spectral stick figures amuse me to no end. I get the technology and how it works, but I don't think it's possible for the "evidence" it produces to be anything other than utterly silly. We've had stick figures "operating" on Nick, then "punching" him, "climbing" Billy, and now playing Simon Says with Zak. I can't wait to see what the stick figures do next!

Share Post

Stick man was standing on the table this last episode, let's not forget that! Stick man likes to party.

Share Post

If you want to set your dvrs, there is a mini-marathon on Friday April 18 starting at 11:00 am Eastern. Rose Hall, Execution Rocks, Old Town San Diego, and Cooper Queen Hotel. There was some prime foolery at both the Rose Hall and San Diego ones.

Share Post

Finally saw the St. James Hotel last night. So it seems the Brost Adventures team now includes the two tech guys? And what was up with Zac's squawk box? It was making hilarious fart sounds that were totally distracting. Also Zac trying to have a "broment" with the one guy who had the ghostly experience by saying he too (!) was being stalked by the same male ghost. This show I just can't.

Share Post

Jay and Billy have been around more and more, starting about a season ago. It started as just acknowledging their presence, progressed to ineracting with them more during the investigations, and now they actually fill in. I suspected that they might be being gradually introduced so that when either Nick or Aaron (but probably Nick, since he has a young child now) leave it won't be too jarring. But it's been so long now I don't think that's it. It does let them cover more ground, when the team can be split in two.

Share Post

In the new opening Zak says how they've spent years building up their credibility, and I always think "Really?" Then they mention how they work with some of the best experts in the field. In the past they've worked with other paranormal investigators, but this season they've brought in a number of psychics. Wasn't the whole point of this show (and Ghost Hunters) to use science, and get away from the whole business of psychics and séances? I mean, why do you need all that high tech equipment to film little blobs of light and record a few barely audible EVPs, when a psychic like Amy on the Dead Files can describe the ghosts standing in the room and report exactly what they're saying?

This season they also seem to be getting more carried away with the "historical" recreations. There was a recreation in the Bannack Ghost Town episode that bugged me, when they showed the townspeople carrying the dead body of the girl who'd drowned. The camera angle, of her body hanging backwards, in her bathing suit, revealed quite a bit of cleavage. But the girl who drowned was 10 years old. Way to go, Ghost Adventures, very classy.

I also feel that this season Zac is really trying to promote himself as some kind of serious philosopher about life and death. My guess is that now that he's a bit older it's starting to bug him that many people view him and his crew as a bunch of clowns. I think he actually is a pretty bright guy, but the reason I've always liked this show is that it doesn't take itself so seriously. "Ghost Adventures" is a perfect title, because it really is about going to cool places and doing cool things. I can't stand Ghost Hunters because of their whole "we're serious scientists" bit. Even the new people, who act like going through their 6 weeks of "training" is the equivalent of earning a PhD. And of course when you come right down to it, there is no such thing as a "scientific investigation" of ghosts. Because there's no observable phenomena with which to test and verify a hypothesis. (A high EMF reading indicates the presence of paranormal activity. Okay, if you say so.)

Edited by bluepiano.

Share Post

Ok, so here's my real life Ghost Adventure, along with a story about the Ghost Adventures crew the first time they filmed at The Stanley Hotel in Colorado:

My oldest son (18)  and I stayed at the Stanley on the night of May 26.  My husband had to go to Estes Park for a conference and dragged the whole family along.  My son had always wanted to stay at a haunted hotel so . . . voila!  After dinner we took the nightly ghost walk tour around the property.  They don't take you up where the guest rooms are so as not to disturb people, but we went through the public rooms on the main floor and the concert hall, which is a separate building.

Long story short, the tour guide seemed to be a "true believer," and I guess she's probably had experiences that have made her so.  My default position is "skeptic" but we were in one room where I did witness the door shut by itself, and no one was near it. It was in a basement room with no windows and no ventilation so I don't think it was wind.  The guide showed us later that if you try to close the door you have to hold it up a little so the warped bottom doesn't brush the carpet slowing it down.  So it seems unlikely it would close like that just because of wind anyway.  That was mildly interesting, although I'm still skeptical.

Really that was the only "ghostly" thing we experienced all night.  Of course, we weren't in one of the "haunted" rooms (217, 401, 408, etc.)--those go for upwards of $350 per night and are booked months in advance--and no ghostly hiinx ensued in our room.  Of if they did, they didn't wake me up.  We did walk the fourth floor, saw where all the "haunted rooms" are and saw the famous hallway where Stephen King supposedly had his experience.  That was kinda cool.

What I found most interesting, that I thought I'd share with you, was what the tour guide told us about one of the first episodes of Ghost Adventures that was filmed there.  Some may know this, but I didn't:

The tour guide said the Ghost Adventure guys are there all the time.  Some is televised, some is not.  People were asking her about the episode where Zac went to the Carriage House, a separate building that used to house the "motor carriages." (We didn't get to go into this building, but saw it from outside). I remember seeing this ep.  Zac goes into this place, which is supposedly very haunted and is now used for storage, and said that part of the reason it was haunted had something to do with one of the mattress stored there, which was the place a past guest had died, so his spirit was still there or something.  The tour guide told us that was a load of bunk, Zac had completely made it up for the TV show and that they don't even usually store mattresses there.  However, people do report weird things there at night.

So, you know, just in case you thought this show was real or something.

Share Post

Zak seems to leap to ridiculous conclusions pretty easily. There were definitely mattresses there, and someone from the hotel showed them to him, so perhaps they were just there temporarily. But he sees mattresses, assumes that the reason they're not still on a bed is that people died on them, and viola! Haunted mattresses! It couldn't just be that they were old, and awaiting someone to come and haul them away or anything. He always asks really leading questions too, and then takes any type of answer other than a flat "no," such as "maybe" or "I suppose it's possible," as a definite "yes" and goes from there.

Share Post

I have to say, for me, Overland Hotel was one for the ages. Screaming, pushing, oppressing, possessing, collapsing, bum-rushing,  chasing, new tech, pranking Nick with firearms, a creepy mannequin jury, haunted hangers, a drunk named Jimmy, and a rogue air freshener. But by far the best part is Zak, prowling Prioche in his giant baggy pants and bonus giant hat. I can't figure out if he was adopting a half-bowlegged walk to go along with his cowboy hat and newly acquired hint of twang, or if he just has to walk that way because of too much pants. And the hat! Oh the hat! Two sizes too big, I'd say, riding his eyebrows all night. How could he see anything? And when did all the witness interviews start taking place in the dark? I was expecting them to pull back the camera and see them holding flashlights under their chins half the time.

And come on - Aaron says "Dude it's gone into your back" and Nick immediately wails "Oh my siiiide!" Zak must have been jealous, because shortly thereafter he hit the floor, with wails of his own. Is there some sort of award for night-vision scenery chewing? Way to end the season with a bang, dudebros!

Share Post

So, Overland Hotel wasn't actually the season finale, but it should have been. This Licking County Jail episode was just boring, and I got way sick of hearing "Misty" over and over and over again. At least Zak ditched the stupid glasses.

Season 10 (10!) premieres "this fall" with what Zak is calling "explosive announcements." Any guesses?

Share Post

I haven't watched this (and laughed at Scoobie Douche's antics) for several years now and was surprised to see tgere were new eps on TV. Is the "ghost hunter" genre pretty much over now?

Share Post

One would think, but it's apparently one of Travel Channel's highest rated shows. And it's probably pretty cheap to produce, so that's why it keeps hanging on.

Share Post

Season 10! Episodes return October 4. They were filming in Ireland recently, and that will be the two-hour Halloween special.

Share Post

I was watching their followup ep (called Aftershock) tonight and had to laugh how everyone says that ghostly activity INCREASED after they were ghere. Alas, it didn't improve the clarity of the EMPs that were recorded since. OK, it was kinda sad to hear that someone poisoned that mule that scared Dildo Baggins.

Share Post

See, this is why it needs to go back to Friday - it's up against Doctor Who! And they don't rerun Aftershocks very often. Poor Spirit.

Share Post

I really want to know why Zak is so insistent that it's so scandalous and unfair to mention that Andrew Borden may have been a sexual predator, because "he can't defend himsefl." The sad nutcase he was talking to is by no means the first to broach that subject, and yes, there is no concrete evidence, but highly qualified LE profilers have put it forth as a real possibility. I don't recall Zak having the same scruples about trying to preserve the posthumous reputatons of other ghosts. And I have to check out the "new" Borden material that shows that the Borden family had "dignity," so therefore Lizzie didn't do it, or something. The Borden family was a spiteful, secretive, resentful mess, so Zak's weirdness about this is quite odd. All three of those women may be legit bonkers. but the psychic was clearly traumatized, and I thought Zak was fairly rude to her. He's usually much more sensitive when people are relating their terrible experiences. And he didn't seem to get that, if her story is true - and he's supposed to believe such things are possible - it only bolsters the case of ABorden as a sexual predator.

I thought the Queen Mary had been pretty thoroughly debunked, so I'm a bit disappointed that's what's kicking off the new season, but maybe I'm wrong. Oh, and bite me Time Warner! They have the Lizzie Aftershocks up On Demand right away, but still no Yorktown. Grrrr.

Share Post

I remember reading on the TWoP forum for this show (or maybe elsewhere) that there is no evidence to support the incest theory and it was only included in a certain TV movie with Elizabeth Montgomery to titillate the viewers.

Share Post

I thought the titillating bit was that she committed the murders nude, but it's been a very long time since I've seen it.

There's a show called Lizzie Borden Had an Axe, which airs this Wed. on Destination America, which might be the one I'm thinking of. In any case, it was a show that has aired on a station like DA, and fairly recently, that covers that theory. There almost certainly wouldn't be direct evidence for the incest theory, since it would require recorded confessions from Andrew or Lizzie, or recorded statements from an eyewitness like the maid perhaps. But the profile did seem to fit, and since I believe Lizzie did it, and I think they did as well, it's an attempt to figure out why she did it. To me, she's "innocent" like OJ was "innocent," and if not for her Dream Team she'd have been quite convicted, so Zak's pearl-clutching over the Bordens' delicate sensibilities and sterling reputation is decidedly odd.

Edited by Ananayel.

Share Post

I thought the titillating bit was that she committed the murders nude, but it's been a very long time since I've seen it.

Yeah, that too. I've since forgotten why the incest and necrophilia angles were ruled out, but I'm sure she, like OJ, did it.

If memory serves, Lizzie Borden Had an Axe was originally on Lifetime or another women's channel.

Share Post

Necrophilia?! I hadn't heard that one! I wonder what Zak would make of that!

And now it's been moved to Tuesday 10/7 at 3:00pm on DestAmer. It always seems to be paired with that Jack the Ripper in America show. I haven't seen The Legend of Lizzie Borden air on tv in a very long time, but I'd like to see it again now.

Share Post

Necrophilia?! I hadn't heard that one! I wonder what Zak would make of that!

"Lizzie Borden's father was a wizard?"

Maybe they'll play the Elizabeth Montgomery movie at some point for Halloween.

Share Post

It looks like this is what Zak was referring to, about the new evidence. Still not convinced, because really, is Borden going to go around town being an ass about or to his family? Everyone at that time was extremely conscious of what they presented to the world, and words are cheap. If they are ever transcribed and published, I'll give it more consideration at that point.

There's also a thread about GA on the Lizzie Borden Society forum

Only half an hour before Queen Mary cheestasticness!

Share Post

I have not watched this show in a very long time, but tonight I caught a few eps. Did not see the season 10 premiere which was on tonight. There's only so much of this I can watch. These guys are hilarious. I'd forgotten how jerky Zak can be. When did he stop/start wearing the big ugly glasses? A few of the eps I saw tonight were more recent and he wasn't wearing them. Last time I watched this with any sort of consistency he was wearing the glasses.

What drives me nuts about this show is the amount of the commercials. There seems to be more commercials than show. And that white noise box. When they replay the recording about 10 times I get a headache listening to the loud white noise, the loud conversations ad infinium just to hear supposedly ghostly voices saying such things as "drop the rope."

Share Post

A Paranormal Puck. PARANORMAL PUCK?!  Now they're just taking the piss. Seriously.And when did Debby Constantino become a "psychic medium" instead of just an EVP expert? We sure didn't see her do anything she doesn't normally do when she goes on investigations. And where was Mark, since this ship was so big they needed extra people? Debby's OTT Jersey Shore aesthetic is bad enough in regular light, but it's absolutely terrifying in night vision. Activity-wise, same old same old.

Zak goes back and forth on the hideous glasses and scraggly facial hair. Judging by his Vines, he's in a scraggly facial hair phase right now. He's a good looking man, I don't know why he makes himself look horrible by doing that.

Woo! DVDTalk says The Legend of Lizzie Borden is finally released on dvd!

Edited by Ananayel.

Share Post

So how did the investigation of the QE go? I concuded long ago it's impossible to do that on a boat since it's floating on the water and possibly has vermin stowing aboard.

Share Post

Oh, the usual. Noises, footsteps, incomprehensible EVPs,  random words coming through the "paranormal puck" which are then twisted and tortured into whatever story Zak is trying to convince us of. Little girl's voice, but since it's Zak, it can't just be a little girl ghost, it has to be a demon posing as a child ghost. Bonuses: random friends of psychic Peter James, bringing his old jackets as trigger objects, and Jay/Billy entrusted with the "paranormal puck," which is like the Spectral Speak'n'Spell, but without the speak part - this types. Aaron made The Soup this week.

The Queen Mary is currently promoting its Dark Harbor event, and I've never believed it's actually haunted. Just another way to promote itself now that it has to fill rooms/seats. And since I'm fairly sure they wouldn't have been able to close the whole thing down for their investigations, you have power, heating/ventilation, plumbing, electronics, and lots of other people around, so what was the point of this, in the end. Nothing they found could possibly stand up to any scrutiny whatsoever under those conditions.

Share Post

Ok this ep creeped me right the F### out. I dont even want to type the name of the demon. Question: is this the house Zak had bought in the Midwest?

Share Post

I don't think it's the same house. I think he's doing a separate documentary on that.

Aaron has posted a vlog about their Leap Castle trip.

It's hilarious. Zak mangles the pronunciation of "oubliette" in about six different ways, and besides the stupid facial hair, he's obviously gone back to the Fake Bake. He's standing next to Nick, who has a perfectly normal skin tone, and it's super obvious. Even if you couldn't see that his neck and hands are a completely different color, it would be obvious. I can't wait for this one.

Share Post