All Episodes Talk: Episode Play

A place to discuss particular episodes, arcs and moments from the show's run. Please remember this isn't a complete catch-all topic -- check out the forum for character topics and other places for show-related talk.

Share Post

Interesting show. It's kind of synthesizing Match Game without totally crossing the line to be a 100% copy. Although its funny that they even have 2 or 3 permanent guest-celebs who seem to be there every episode--something Match Game also did in the heyday of Reilly, Sommers and Dawson.

RuPaul is definitely a good host for this kind of thing.  Very quick on the uptake.

It was weird how Episode 1 had celeb players and the others non-celebs (the panel is always celebs, albeit some marginal ones who are likely only celebs because of reality TV). My thought was that perhaps Jerry O'Conell and Rebecca Romijn are producers, or something like that, and that Episode 1 was a pilot using their more famous faces to help it get sold/picked up. Not that I really think that should have been a hard sell to Logo--who I think would air RuPaul doing anything at this point.

Share Post

I don't get the point of this show.

Do gameshows ever particularly have a point?

And like Match Game and Hollywood Squares (and Hollywood Game Night), I think it's also being as much a comedy show as a game show. The point is to have people crack jokes in a game show like setting.  And lets face it... while they're not making the show exclusive to gay people, they're definitely intentionally pandering... so that makes it an extension of RuPaul's Drag Race too... with much the same "point" I suppose, because of that common audience. 

Share Post

1 hour ago, ChelseaNH said:

So I'm guessing Todrick Hall is a Beyonce fan?

Share Post

My thought was that perhaps Jerry O'Conell and Rebecca Romijn are producers, or something like that, and that Episode 1 was a pilot using their more famous faces to help it get sold/picked up.

I made sure to pay attention to the credits for you and I didn't see either of their names as producers. My guess is that it was easier for Ru to ask a friend (he and Rebecca work together on Skin Wars) and her husband to shoot the pilot.

On a shallow note, love the dancers. Yes, they're hot but it's also obvious that they're trained dancers and I always support seeing dancers on tv!

Share Post