All Episodes Talk: 1 ADAM 12

This show was always pretty funny when it came to drugs, particularly weed. In one episode, they were busting some hippies, and when one of them says 'It's just a little grass, man', Malloy shoots back in his best clipped Joe Friday manner: “Too many know-it-all’s like you get tired of pot and decide to try the hard stuff: heroin, the mainline to nowhere! We’re doing you a favor!” 

Share Post

Yesterday on Adam-12 Bobby Troup from Emergency (Dr. Joe Early) played a Mr.Big-type heroin trafficker who makes a buy with the undercover agent Jim Reed.

Mwoahahah!

Share Post

Today's episode had a bunch of old ladies marching with picket signs in front of the police station.

Across the street was a cheesy storefront, with a huge sign:

"SCIENTOLOGY"

Share Post

the Scientology main campus along with the HMO hospital across the street in Hollywood have both grown exponentially in the past 45 years

Share Post

I just saw the pilot. Even if I hadn't known, I would have been able to tell it was a Jack Webb show. The back and forth, clipped dialogue was very Dragnet-like, and Pete even sounded like Joe Friday when he lectured Jim on the patrol car and its features. I'm glad they made changed Pete to make him more likeable.

Share Post

I just saw (on Cosy TV) the episode where Reed shoots someone "Log 33: It All Happened So Fast". I thought Kent McCord did a good job showing Reed's slow reaction to killing a man. I was disappointed that in the next episode he didn't show any aftereffects; one would think that on a show that was supposed to be a realistic depiction of patrol officers they would have had a bit of a story arc on that.

Share Post

But honestly, there was very little of any storylines carried from episode to episode.  Sure, there were recurring characters and themes, but for the most part, each episode was a stand alone slice of life.

Share Post

I was watching an episode the other day that had a multi car crash in and all I would think was "All those vintage cars destroyed".  My mom then said " But they weren't vintage then" 

I am an idiot.

You most certainly are NOT an idiot. I feel the same way for the car crashes in CHiPs. Maybe they weren't "vintage" cars at the time, but they were still great cars. Heavy. Mostly made in USA. My heart says "EEE!" every time I see an old Corvette in these shows.

Share Post

With all the talk of that Scientology documentary recently, weird to see an Adam-12 episode last week where there was a protest outside the police station, and across the street was a storefront with "Scientology" written across it in HUGE letters. It was so big, and it looked deliberate that there was a conversation between characters at one point with that sign as the back-drop. It was impossible to miss. Then another lingering shot of the sign later in the same scene. It came off like an advertisement.

I think the episode was from 1973. It may be that the storefront just happened to be across the street from where the ep was being shot, but it was so intrusive it seemed deliberate.

Share Post

You most certainly are NOT an idiot. I feel the same way for the car crashes in CHiPs. Maybe they weren't "vintage" cars at the time, but they were still great cars. Heavy. Mostly made in USA. My heart says "EEE!" every time I see an old Corvette in these shows.

Or a Camaro.

Share Post

Or a Camaro.

If I remember the era right almost always the Firebird Trans Am and even a plain jane Firebird for Jim Rockford got more TV character love then its brother Cameros

Share Post

I remember watching Adam-12 and Dragnet on cable TV in the 90s as a child.  Over the last year or so I've watched every episode of Dragnet and Adam-12 available on Hulu (only the first four seasons sadly).  I really enjoy this show.  In a lot of ways it's like a window for me into a simpler (maybe better) time I never got to experience.  

Share Post

My favorite cameo role of his is as the SP explaining to "Mr. Roberts" why his crew and ship were being thrown out of port.  That accent!

Nice to read that he and McCord stayed friends over the years.

Share Post

Another sixties icon passed. Along with Batgirl and Wrangler Jane he satisfied the rule of three.

He will be missed.

Share Post

Another sixties icon passed. Along with Batgirl and Wrangler Jane he satisfied the rule of three.

He will be missed.

And don't forget Judy "Sock it to me" Carne, who died Sept 3. :(

Today on Cosy TV they played a Dragnet episode that featured the "Adam-12" team. I think it was a coincidence. Then on the 2 "Adam-12" episodes, they had a dedication picture during the episode breaks.  It kinda made me tear up; he looked so young.

Share Post

image.png.cb69559658bc3e54507d3f73dee572e2.png

image.png.9a22ec6fd60405909daf94f4525ee502.png

Jim and Pete, early years and later years together.

Edited by TheLastKidPicked.

Share Post