Jump to content

Salem International: Casting Notes: Arrivals & Departures

7 hours ago, JBC344 said:

Amen.  It was incredibly short sighted to kill off Benjy, especially after just bringing him back as a grown adult.  I would of loved to see Steve and Kayla interact more with him, their "first child".  Would of also been great to get Carrie back for scenes with Benjy.  They were always great as cousins or more aptly uncle and niece.

Not just that but i absolutely hated HOW he was killed and the stuff leading up to it. Some things over the years I can remember so clearly. Steve and Bo finding Benjy's body will always be one of the saddest death scenes for me. There was so much potential there.

Edited by howmanywords.
4

Share Post


Link to post
22 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Cameron should have been Stefano's son with Celeste and Lexie's only full sibling.  I thought that the show was going to reveal that, but, they did not do it. The story wrote itself.  I am still perplexed that they did not do it. The Stefano/Celeste dynamic was so fascinating. Celeste's bond with Caroline was awesome as well. 

I miss Tanya Boyd. Does anybody know how she is doing?  I know that she had some health issues. I hope that she is fine and doing well wherever she is..

I think if Tanya Boyd was able to come back to play Celeste at that time, they would have eventually revealed that Cameron was his son. Then they could have used ton of history and flashbacks for that to happen.

3

Share Post


Link to post

Originally I was ok with Cameron not being Stefano's because I thought it would of been a little too much to have Celeste hide and give up two children that she had with Stefano.  But since Cameron and his history as a storyline essentially went nowhere I actually now wouldn't of minded him being Stefano's son.  I did appreciate that they matched his conception with the established history of Celeste and the Dimeras.  Cameron was conceived in the intervening years of Kristen and Peter going off to college but before Hope came to live with Celeste at Maison Blanche.

I happened to go on a fishing expedition on google to see if I could find any updates on Tanya Boyd, unfortunately I didn't get anywhere.  I know there was the report that the reason she didn't reprise her role as Celeste during the Lexie death storyline was because she had a stroke.  But then we got that follow up report saying that it wasn't true and Tanya was scheduled on another project.  Who knows what the real truth is, I just hope Tanya is doing ok, wherever she is.

I wouldn't mind Beverly Todd coming back as Celeste, she is a fine talented actress who unfortunately wasn't given much to do when she last played Celeste.  If the writers bring her back for a possible Caroline death storyline I just hope they give the character something great to work with no matter what actress is playing her.

3

Share Post


Link to post

Tyler Christopher won't be returning.  No word on if Brandon Barash is a permanent recast.

Edited by Silver Raven.
5

Share Post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Tyler Christopher won't be returning.  No word on if Brandon Barash is a permanent recast.

So he's staying gone?  Where has that been made official?

Edited by Tasha Brand.
5

Share Post


Link to post

^^^...and is rehab why he won't be returning??

5

Share Post


Link to post

Huh,  I wonder if it was a mutual decision or if one or the other ended things.  Whatever happened, I hope TC has found comfort in the decision and that it helps in his recovery.

That said, the character is a mess.  They should have never made him obsessed with Abigail.  Brandon Barash is the one person who might just be able to rehabilitate Stefan.  He made Johnny sympathetic on GH, anyway. even when he had shitty writing.

4

Share Post


Link to post

They keep trying to redo Stefano's fixation on Marlena. Deimos was the same way with Nicole, you'll recall. At least Stefan didn't also bed three other women - they've kept his focus singular, which I appreciate.

But yeah. Huge waste. It's kinda like, now that I think about it, his entire Abby storyline could have been done by a ressurected EJ.

 

 

Anyhow, if they were smart they'd permanently ditch the character and bring back Clyde while starting fresh with a new villain type. Clyde was a nasty piece of work, but his actor did a great job.

Edited by DisneyBoy.
3

Share Post


Link to post

If they kill off Nicole, and he's burned his bridges with Jen -- what is going to become of Eric?  

Man, that first conversation w/ Jen is going to be AWKWARD.  She KNEW in her heart but Eric so vociferously denied he still loved Nicole.  And then it was like a dog hearing "Squirrel"! when he found out Nicole still loved him and only left to protect Holly.  Man, Eric left skidmarks blasting out of town so quickly.  As someone who loves Ericole, that makes me happy.  But with her dead, what is Eric's storyline?  And somebody needs to lock up the liquor cabinet.

4

Share Post


Link to post
6 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

They keep trying to redo Stefano's fixation on Marlena. Deimos was the same way with Nicole, you'll recall. At least Stefan didn't also bed three other women - they've kept his focus singular, which I appreciate.

But yeah. Huge waste. It's kinda like, now that I think about it, his entire Abby storyline could have been done by a ressurected EJ.

Thank god they didn't because Abby is singularly uninteresting, and I find highly unbelievable that EJ would give her the time of day when Sami and his children are out there in the world. It would have gone completely against who EJ was if was obsessed in any way with Abby the way Stefan was.

3

Share Post


Link to post

....I mean if ressurected EJ had amnesia, recalling only slutty Abifail.

1

Share Post


Link to post
6 hours ago, SueB said:

If they kill off Nicole, and he's burned his bridges with Jen -- what is going to become of Eric? 

It's my understanding that he's going to be paired up with Sarah Horton.  Although with Sarah currently engaged to Rex, I wonder what's going to happen with Rex  Will he hook up with Chloe, now that Lucas is leaving?

2

Share Post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

It's my understanding that he's going to be paired up with Sarah Horton.  Although with Sarah currently engaged to Rex, I wonder what's going to happen with Rex  Will he hook up with Chloe, now that Lucas is leaving?

I can definitely see Chloe with KL's Rex and imagine a lot of winks and nods since it was that version of Brady Chloe was married to. Just please don't have them break out into song this time around!

6

Share Post


Link to post
3 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

I can definitely see Chloe with KL's Rex and imagine a lot of winks and nods since it was that version of Brady Chloe was married to. Just please don't have them break out into song this time around!

Yeah, I'd be pretty surprised if they don't pair Chloe and Rex up.  Days can't help themselves when it comes to those things.  Outside of the "sickly sweet" original pairing of Chloe and Brady, Nadia and Kyle always had really great natural chemistry.

4

Share Post


Link to post

Do you guys think they are purposefully mirroring the circumstances that drove Ben insane by having Ciara's Ex on his case?

1

Share Post


Link to post
On 10/21/2018 at 11:32 PM, JBC344 said:

Yeah, I'd be pretty surprised if they don't pair Chloe and Rex up.  Days can't help themselves when it comes to those things.  Outside of the "sickly sweet" original pairing of Chloe and Brady, Nadia and Kyle always had really great natural chemistry.

I will fully admit that I absolutely loved and enjoyed watching those two sing together. Too bad it wasn't 80's Days, because then they could have had the budget to sing Top 40 like all the time.

3

Share Post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now