S01.E01: Family Therapy Begins 2016.03.16

Why does New York/Tiffany's mother want people to refer to her as Sister Patterson?  Is that a religious reference? because I don't get it.  I'm Catholic and when we refer to someone as "sister" it's either because they're a nun or someone's actual sibling.  The Lohans are a ridiculous mess and must be broke as a damned joke to air all their dirty laundry on national TV.

Flavor Flav referred to her as Sister Patterson when she made an appearance on the first season of FoL. She's been SP ever since.

My recollection was that she held herself out as some sort of Christian mystic back in the FoL days. It was very much along the lines of what she was shilling in the first episode - she sees things, the spirits speak to her, etc. Because the entire cast of FoL had an IQ of 8 they brought into it. In the Pentecostal and more fundamentalist Christian faiths, the terms Sister and Brother are honorifics. Its also something that some church ladies use, especially if they are old and unmarried, because it confers a bit of importance on them, when otherwise they would simply be Miss or Ms. When you're an old, unmarried church lady with kids but no husband, being Sister so-and-so keeps people from coming for your sinning ass.

Personally, I've always thought that the lady was pretty damn close to being a sociopath. She clearly knows how to manipulate people, and will, when cornered, go on the attack rather than ever admit any wrongdoing. The second episode where she ran into group to try and stir everybody up so they would get the doctors back in the room and off her back was classic behavior. She has no business raising anyone's child and if Tiffany knows what's good for her, she'll move to another continent, because 3,000 miles away is not far enough.

Share Post

Wow, I felt so bad for Britnee. And then for her dad to be dead is just heartbreaking.

Sister Patterson is fucking nuts.

Share Post

Most of her family referred to her as Ape at one point or another on Viva La Bam, so I assume she's okay with it. My sister-in-law's name is April and my brother calls her Ape sometimes just as a nickname. She doesn't mind either. Depends on the person I guess.

Share Post

I think all nicknames ......no not all, most.....are meant w affection. Even if they are mean sounding usually they come from someone that loves you. I personally love apes and esp orangatangs. My real name is Camille. I refer to myself quite often as "Camillotang". When I make a grilled cheese sandwich it is a "gorilla-cheese sand which". Lemon marange pie is "lemon marangatang pie" it goes on and on. All my dogs have a million nicknames too. I think it shows your kind nature to be worried for April's feelings. And yeah, it's not cool when people make up and use cruel names. That is just all the way wrong.

Share Post

Family therapist is a type of psychotherapy that helps to improve communication and resolve conflicts between family members. Therapists provides your family and partner a safe space to explore each others issues in order to strengthen relationship through compassionate listening or addressing underlying agendas. http://www.olgabloch.com/

Share Post