Jump to content

The Duggars: In the Media and TLC

6 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

 I'm going to assume they skip right over the part about riches on earth and riches in Heaven and how its harder for the rich man to get into Heaven along with every thing with Jesus in it right. Oh, who am I kidding they probably have never even open the Bible let alone read it.   

It's too hard to beat people over the head with it if you're reading it. 

22

Share Post


Link to post
16 hours ago, Jordan Baker said:

Now I have Bruce Springsteen stuck in my head. Just substitute "Arkansas" for "Baltimore."

 

16 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I took a wrong turn and I just kept going.......

If only!

I thought of Bruce Springsteen too as soon as I read it. 

I love that song, it helps that I live just south of Baltimore. 

2

Share Post


Link to post

I think we know why Jessa and Lauren weren't shown. 

8

Share Post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Lunera said:

I think we know why Jessa and Lauren weren't shown. 

I know why Jill wasn't but I thought Jessa would want to promote her "brand." And I would think Lauren and Josiah weren't included because she is a beard and htey are not compatible, but I don't think that's what the Duggars would think.

3

Share Post


Link to post
25 minutes ago, jcbrown said:

I know why Jill wasn't but I thought Jessa would want to promote her "brand." And I would think Lauren and Josiah weren't included because she is a beard and htey are not compatible, but I don't think that's what the Duggars would think.

I think the original poster was trying to imply that Jessa and Lauren might both be visibly pregnant.

11

Share Post


Link to post
1 minute ago, dargosmydaddy said:

I think the original poster was trying to imply that Jessa and Lauren might both be visibly pregnant.

Ah, thanks. Did not occur to me--I guess I forgot these are Duggars we're talking about. 

5

Share Post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Lunera said:

I think we know why Jessa and Lauren weren't shown. 

Props to the Babes for looking as bored as the situation deserves. 

10

Share Post


Link to post

Kendra looks good.

It is strange that there is no Benessa or SiRen - not even just the top half.

1

Share Post


Link to post

My first thought when I saw that picture was "Baby is the size of a pumpkin."

22

Share Post


Link to post
11 hours ago, dargosmydaddy said:

I think the original poster was trying to imply that Jessa and Lauren might both be visibly pregnant

They could always photoshop in an old non-pregnant photo of Jessa and/or Lauren. TLC has done composite photos of the Duggars before.

2

Share Post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Albanyguy said:

They could always photoshop in an old non-pregnant photo of Jessa and/or Lauren. TLC has done composite photos of the Duggars before.

But it was a video... Maybe animatronic Duggar-bots instead? 

1

Share Post


Link to post

I guess I forgot JD was married. When I first watched the video, I thought it was him and a curly haired Jana.

0

Share Post


Link to post
15 hours ago, Bayarea4 said:

My first thought when I saw that picture was "Baby is the size of a pumpkin."

That’s what I was thinking!  The pumpkins seemed like a baby announcement!  

5

Share Post


Link to post
7 hours ago, dargosmydaddy said:

But it was a video... Maybe animatronic Duggar-bots instead? 

How would we tell the difference?

10

Share Post


Link to post
2 hours ago, jcbrown said:

How would we tell the difference?

Bots have much larger vocabularies.

8

Share Post


Link to post
On 23/11/2018 at 3:12 PM, lascuba said:

Props to the Babes for looking as bored as the situation deserves. 

It annoys me that they couldn’t fake some enthusiasm for the job they signed up for, if I went to work and look less than impressed to be there, I’d be having to explain my disinterest in my job 

Edited by Totally.
3

Share Post


Link to post

So John David's wedding airs on TLC. It's a half hour according to the tv, so probably the same on-line. But maybe the Duggars will want to generate publicity with an announcement assuming there's something to announce? It feels like there was more press and build-up for Siah and Lauren than John and Abbie, which seems odd since Abbie and John are older and maybe a little more interesting. 

4

Share Post


Link to post
30 minutes ago, Temperance said:

So John David's wedding airs on TLC. It's a half hour according to the tv, so probably the same on-line. But maybe the Duggars will want to generate publicity with an announcement assuming there's something to announce? It feels like there was more press and build-up for Siah and Lauren than John and Abbie, which seems odd since Abbie and John are older and maybe a little more interesting. 

Maybe they'll announce that Anna, Jessa, Joy, Kendra, Lauren and Abbie are expecting and Kendra's sister and a J-twin are getting to know each other. And that Josie and her Sissycats are going to Nashville.

23

Share Post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Maybe they'll announce that Anna, Jessa, Joy, Kendra, Lauren and Abbie are expecting and Kendra's sister and a J-twin are getting to know each other. And that Josie and her Sissycats are going to Nashville.

Joy said yesterday she isn't pregnant, but the rest could be.  

2

Share Post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Temperance said:

Joy said yesterday she isn't pregnant, but the rest could be.  

Unless Joy was having her period when she stated that, or took a pregnancy test that morning, how would she know? I hope Joy realizes that 'trying' to get pregnant and having regular unprotected sex are one and the same.

8

Share Post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Temperance said:

Joy said yesterday she isn't pregnant, but the rest could be.  

Now you made me scroll through endless comments on her Instagram to find that Joyless did indeed respond stating she is not pregnant.  I don't know why people would think that based on her latest photo.  She is turned towards Austin and smooshed into his side and no bump can be seen.

0

Share Post


Link to post
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I hope Joy realizes that 'trying' to get pregnant and having regular unprotected sex are one and the same.

Omg you really enlightened me with that statement.  I didn't know they were the same thing😂

3

Share Post


Link to post
11 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Unless Joy was having her period when she stated that, or took a pregnancy test that morning, how would she know? I hope Joy realizes that 'trying' to get pregnant and having regular unprotected sex are one and the same.

Maybe she has some basic understanding of getting pregnant ... or at least can assume, based on her belief that children need both a mommy and a daddy ... and can say as much with certainty because she knows she hasn't made herself joyfully available to Austin.

Or in heathen terms, she and Austin haven't been sleeping together, so no opportunity for a potential baby.

3

Share Post


Link to post
1 hour ago, McManda said:

Maybe she has some basic understanding of getting pregnant ... or at least can assume, based on her belief that children need both a mommy and a daddy ... and can say as much with certainty because she knows she hasn't made herself joyfully available to Austin.

Or in heathen terms, she and Austin haven't been sleeping together, so no opportunity for a potential baby.

I'm going to make two assumptions. 1) They're still living in that RV with the mattress on the floor and 2) Giddy is probably co-sleeping with them. That would make it difficult for Joy to be "joyfully" available for Austin.

Also probably why there hasn't been a baby Seewald #3 yet either.

6

Share Post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now