All Episodes Talk: I Just Had a BRILLIANT Idea!

Funniest Lucille Ball physical comedy moment for is this bit from "Cuban Pals":

bbcc1ddff6ba8a6b41ca981a3d8c95b0.jpg

1579e0483b22e292b20d6ad421126580.jpg

Share Post

47 minutes ago, VCRTracking said:

Funniest Lucille Ball physical comedy moment for is this bit from "Cuban Pals":

bbcc1ddff6ba8a6b41ca981a3d8c95b0.jpg

1579e0483b22e292b20d6ad421126580.jpg

😂😂😂😂😂

Share Post

I feel like an idiot. After all these years watching this show, why did not realize the episode of Lucy dancing with Van Johnson in the "hotel" they were staying at is the Same set for Ricky's club?!🤦🏽‍♀️

It took me seeing it in color to see it?

Speaking of which, Desi really looks haggard in the colorized version. I wonder if CBS will eventually air ALL of them in color?😒

Share Post

Desi Arnaz's best moment of the show will always be him telling Little Ricky the story of Little Red Riding Hood in Spanish. "Granmama feeling lousy!"

I needed a bit of a mood lift today and this is what I went for, one of my favorite sitcom moments. From any era!

\

Share Post

On 7/30/2017 at 10:49 AM, amaranta said:

I needed a bit of a mood lift today and this is what I went for, one of my favorite sitcom moments. From any era!

\

This is a good one. 

Share Post

On 8/12/2017 at 8:05 AM, Scarlett45 said:

This is a good one. 

And it gave us a chance to see Desi do something really silly and funny and decidedly physical, which was rare considering that he was usually Lucy's straight man.  He really was underrated and underappreciated as a comedic actor and as an actor in general, in my opinion.

Share Post

On 5/7/2017 at 2:22 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

Lucille Ball may have been close to 40, but Lucy was almost 30, per an earlier episode where Lucy made a bet to always tell the truth. In that episode, she was asked her real age and she said "29," I think.

You're four years off.  Lucy admitted to being 33 in that episode (which is one of my favorites; the other two questions she was asked were "How much do you weigh?"["129"] and "What color would your hair be if you didn't dye it?" ["Mousy brown"]). She also said in the episode a couple of years later where she couldn't get a copy of her birth certificate that she was born in 1921, which would have made her 35 at that time.

Edited by legaleagle53.

Share Post

WAHOO!!!! I got the entire series box set which includes The Lucy-Desi Hour and the colorized Christmas! And the unaired pilot that Lucille and Desi filmed for CBS when she was pregnant with Lucie!

Share Post

BOO! I just realized MeTV took the show off its schedule and replaced it with Gomer Pyle. UGH. 😡😡😡😡😡😡😡

Share Post

On 4/3/2014 at 6:43 PM, Badger said:

One of my favorites is the one where Lucy buys hostess pants for Fred to give to Ethel for her birthday.  Better known as "the checkerboard britches."  

Lucy : " They are chic hostess pants, the kind you wear when you give smart dinner parties."

Ethel : "Oh, I've been wondering what to wear to all those smart dinner parties I give".

Lucy: Well, now, wait a minute, Ethel! Look- you get yourself a little black, off-the-shoulder blouse and a big crushy belt and little ballet slippers, and you're all set!

Ethel: What for? Halloween?

60151653?region=US&size=600x400

Share Post

On 4/5/2014 at 1:26 PM, Charlie Baker said:

Hello, fellow Lucy-ites!  My favorite episodes tend to vary a lot, then come back around to the same ones.  Right now I think my number one would be "Lucy's Italian's Movie."  It's just so well structured, start to finish, has very sharp and funny dialogue, and incorporates a classic bit very organically into the story (something other eps with classic shtick didn't do as well).

Too bad there was SO much editing when CBS showed the colorized version along with the Christmas show.

"Ingrid Bergman it ain't!"

"Bring me a large pizza."

PS Also love "The Operetta."  Ethel switching from operatic ingenue to brassy belter always cracks me up.

lucille-ball-teresa-tirelli.jpg

On 1/27/2018 at 3:35 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

BOO! I just realized MeTV took the show off its schedule and replaced it with Gomer Pyle. UGH. 😡😡😡😡😡😡😡

I'm upset that  METV took it off Sunday afternoons  ! I loved seeing Lucy between 4-5!!  

Share Post

10 hours ago, Max fan said:

I'm upset that  METV took it off Sunday afternoons  ! I loved seeing Lucy between 4-5!!  

It's not that they took it off Sundays. The bigger and more upsetting point is, they took it off their site ENTIRELY.

Share Post

58 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

It's not that they took it off Sundays. The bigger and more upsetting point is, they took it off their site ENTIRELY.

I know! I can't believe they aren't showing it at all. The reason I specifically mentioned Sundays was because that was the only day I could watch it. I work on Sundays   , and I would just be getting home right before 4, in time to see I love Lucy, it was a comfort watching after working, Something I looked forward to! 

' s

Share Post

I've been watching episodes on Hallmark every day for awhile.  I just realized that I don't like the Hollywood episodes....I love the ones leading up to the trip and the trip there,  but the encounters with the stars no longer interest me.  I've never liked the European episodes.  I prefer the Ricardos and Mertzs in NY....although I do like the CT episodes.

I just finished reading the best book on the show.  The Complete Picture History Of The Most Popular TV Show Ever.  The seller included 2 - 8 x 10 pictures of Lucy......one from the Vitameatavegamin commercial.  One thing I never knew, was that Lucille Ball didn't use her normal voice.....she made it much higher.  It shows how great she was, as I never noticed her lose the high pitch.  I did notice her voice was a bit lower in one of the first episodes.  What a success story they were, but according to the book, Ricky became very insecure that Lucy received much of the recognition for their show...which led to him drinking so much.  While interesting, I kind of hate I know details like this now.  I prefer to believe they lived happily ever after.  😬😬

Share Post

One thing I noticed that was weird, Ethel went from calling Ricky- Ricky, to Rick in the CT episodes.

Share Post

On 2/4/2018 at 10:25 AM, ButterQueen said:

What a success story they were, but according to the book, Ricky became very insecure that Lucy received much of the recognition for their show...which led to him drinking so much.  While interesting, I kind of hate I know details like this now.  I prefer to believe they lived happily ever after.

Do you mean Desi and Lucille? Because she was the bigger star. But she fought to have him play Ricky to her Lucy.  And it was his womanizing and cheating that led to the end of their marriage, though Lucille has said she continued to love him. Desi was a smart businessman and it's to his credit of using multi cameras, I think. Then there's "Desilu Productions." Both he and Lucille worked together with that.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule.

Share Post

2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Do you mean Desi and Lucille? Because she was the bigger star. But she fought to have him play Ricky to her Lucy.  And it was his womanizing and cheating that led to the end of their marriage, though Lucille has said she continued to love him. Desi was a smart businessman and it's to his credit of using multi cameras, I think. Then there's "Desilu Productions." Both he and Lucille worked together with that.

Well, yes.  😂🤓

Share Post

Interesting video. I didn't know Karl Freund, the cinematographer of I Love Lucy who created the lighting style for three camera sitcoms, which is used to this day, had also been the cinematographer for Metropolis and Dracula!

Edited by VCRTracking.

Share Post