Betty? Veronica? Hot Dog? Spoilers and Spoiled Speculation

10 minutes ago, Wilpen said:

Thanks you guys.

What are the actors saying about the new season?

I think if you check out the previous pages on this thread you might find a bit of info...

The only that I can mention at the top of my head is Cole mentioning that Jughead is meant to go back being broody/gloomy (as in s1!jug) next season which I (and others) find it hard to interpret since--- how can he be being dark and broody when he's the "king"? (shrugs) WEll, he might get reasons to be broody again but still...

Edited by PeekaBoo.

Share Post

25 minutes ago, PeekaBoo said:

Am I really the only that LIKES archie going to jail?!?! Man, ok, it wasn't the coolest shocker but it was fun either way! I cannot wait to see what they're going to do to him! Is he going to get broken down? Is he going to get friendly with the other prisoners? WIll he plot his revenge? Man, oh man, this is going to be good!

As for BH2 and/or Chic... I think either they will totally drop them and we will have to forget about it ever happening.... OR they'll be there looming in the background and return with a vengeance (insert cringe).  

I don’t see them being able to keep Archie in jail for long though and if they do, I don’t think that’s good. Archie didn’t kill anyone and most of the town knows he wouldn’t. If Hiram had actually had him framed for a believable thing like harming Nick sT clair is think it was a cool story. I just see the show throwing stupid plot points to keep him in jail which is dumb.

Also I think the black Hood is done. The actual storyline is I think. Hal is still alive so I assume we will hear from him, but I doubt that the show is bringing that back. As for Chic I hope he stays away.

My guess is real charles Cooper is probably more than likely appearing which.. I’m probably the only one not looking forward to that. Then again I’m the only person not into a Falice sharing a kid.

Also I only heard what the actors wish to happen: Lili said something At  upfronts that she hopes Betty has a happier season for next season.. which while I agree she should, I mean.. look at what happened at the end of season 2 for her? That made me laugh and made me think that just like season 2 was a reset of the show and every character did a 180 looks like we will be getting one in season three too.

Madealine said she hopes that Cheryl will gain a family in the serpents and Vanessa said she wants to see more of Toni’s family. But yeah this is all what they want to happen. Nothing set in stone. 

Share Post

Also Casey said he hasn’t heard much, but he said the new season sounds fun.

eta: but fun feels like an objective term with this cast. Fun to them could be what this season was.. which was actually kind of depressing. I know yes it was crazy and all that but it to me was really depressing. Who knows though.. I fully expect a whole reset of everyone again.

Edited by WhosThatGirl.

Share Post

So they're  bringing new characters for s3...

Edgar Evernever and Evelyn Evernever...

Edgar will be mysterious cult guy and evelyn the daughter... i think they will be bettys new neighbours.

Apparently evelyn was archie's first kiss in the comics..

interesting and a bit.... i dunno, cheesy?

I'm getting scared for Bughead...

Share Post

25 minutes ago, PeekaBoo said:

So they're  bringing new characters for s3...

Edgar Evernever and Evelyn Evernever...

Edgar will be mysterious cult guy and evelyn the daughter... i think they will be bettys new neighbours.

Apparently evelyn was archie's first kiss in the comics..

interesting and a bit.... i dunno, cheesy?

I'm getting scared for Bughead...

I would be more scared for Varchie. If she was Archie’s first kiss in the comics, the shows probably going to use that. Or I’d be scared for Falice. . I could see edger being a roadblock for Falice. Also if they are part of the cult, in not sure if they will be in Riverdale the town right away.. enough to be neighbors to the Coopers? I’m not all that nervous for Bughead. Maybe I should be but not as much as I was around this time last year when the show was talking about the new character of Toni and what she would do.

Another note.. the last thing we need honestly is new characters. Just saying. 

Edited by WhosThatGirl.

Share Post

1 hour ago, WhosThatGirl said:

I would be more scared for Varchie. If she was Archie’s first kiss in the comics, the shows probably going to use that. Or I’d be scared for Falice. . I could see edger being a roadblock for Falice. Also if they are part of the cult, in not sure if they will be in Riverdale the town right away.. enough to be neighbors to the Coopers? I’m not all that nervous for Bughead. Maybe I should be but not as much as I was around this time last year when the show was talking about the new character of Toni and what she would do.

Another note.. the last thing we need honestly is new characters. Just saying. 

Edgar and Gladys will sooo be a freaking wall for Falice!

And from the description of Evelyn, she looks similar to Betty that's why I'm afraid for Bughead, if not Betty (stalker alert!) but I guess it might be fun to see... And having this Evelyn go for ARchie, mwahahah!! Varchie needs tension and angst!

Yeah, I do agree with the characters... I mean, we have enough of them, please don't add more!!

Now I can officially start my Jason-Priestly-For-Edgar-Evernever campaign :-D :-D

Share Post

1 hour ago, PeekaBoo said:

Edgar and Gladys will sooo be a freaking wall for Falice!

And from the description of Evelyn, she looks similar to Betty that's why I'm afraid for Bughead, if not Betty (stalker alert!) but I guess it might be fun to see... And having this Evelyn go for ARchie, mwahahah!! Varchie needs tension and angst!

Yeah, I do agree with the characters... I mean, we have enough of them, please don't add more!!

Now I can officially start my Jason-Priestly-For-Edgar-Evernever campaign :-D :-D

Yeah.. if anything she probably only be a stalker type person for Betty. And even then.. I’m not sure if she will be a threat to the Bughead relationship. She might be but I don’t know. With this show, you never know. Bughead was left on really good terms in the finale(much better than their ambiguous end of season one) but we will see.

Honestly I do hope she’s a threat to the Varchie relationship. They haven’t had anything. I know they broke up for an episode in season 2 but that wasn’t really anything. And I thought Nick was going to be an adversary to their relationship but he wasn’t really. It was very bait and switch. 

I hope the writers don’t make evelyn an adversary for Bughead. They don’t need it. Also at upfronts, Lili said she and RAS talked about season 3 being lighter for Betty the character and her having more fun, so whatever.

eta: also I don’t see Jughead doing anything or cheating on Betty. They haven’t written him to be a cheater, Also it would ruin the character and like I said... te way the show left Bughead as a couple in the season 2 finale they are really good. I know this is a tv show and they are probably going to go through ups and downs but right now I’m not sure a new girl is a issue. Toni was because at these end of the first season Bughead was up in the air kind of.

im more mad we’re getting new characters who will probably end up adding nothing to the show. Especially since it has to do with the cult storyline. I’m not all interested in any of that.

Edited by WhosThatGirl.

Share Post

Title of the first season 3 episode:

wonder if this means we are getting a time jump and the teens will be entering junior year? Labor Day implies that the episodes time frame should be September.Guess this won’t be stagnated at sixteen/sophomores.

That makes sense though. I’m sure the show will want them to possibly have another Christmas themed episode again this year so it only makes sense to time jump.

Edited by WhosThatGirl.

Share Post

I just read your he description of EVEelyn and yeah she’s suppused to look like Betty and live next door to the Coopers and people are speculating that she will also be tv show Archie’s first kiss like the comics.

They also tried to seem like Betty will be jealous along with Veronica but I don’t think so? Betty seems really happy and secure in her relationship with Jughead. I mean thebshow might have her have some left over feelings from the past but I hope not. Like I said I hope she’s an adversary for Carchie. Bughead doesn’t need anymore. 

Share Post

9 minutes ago, WhosThatGirl said:

I just read your he description of EVEelyn and yeah she’s suppused to look like Betty and live next door to the Coopers and people are speculating that she will also be tv show Archie’s first kiss like the comics.

They also tried to seem like Betty will be jealous along with Veronica but I don’t think so? Betty seems really happy and secure in her relationship with Jughead. I mean thebshow might have her have some left over feelings from the past but I hope not. Like I said I hope she’s an adversary for Carchie. Bughead doesn’t need anymore. 

I don't trust RAS for shit so while this Evelyn might be more of a Varchie problem, I'm just worried she might end up as a betty stalker.... Not worried about Jughead cheating, that would just NOT be him at all..

I'm sort of wondering whether there might be a time jump and they'll start up in September... I mean, in Edgar's descrption, it says he moves into town AFTER helping Alice deal with her shit, so he'll probably already be buddies with her hence, some time has passed!

Share Post

6 minutes ago, PeekaBoo said:

I don't trust RAS for shit so while this Evelyn might be more of a Varchie problem, I'm just worried she might end up as a betty stalker.... Not worried about Jughead cheating, that would just NOT be him at all..

I'm sort of wondering whether there might be a time jump and they'll start up in September... I mean, in Edgar's descrption, it says he moves into town AFTER helping Alice deal with her shit, so he'll probably already be buddies with her hence, some time has passed!

I think there’s a time jump, the episode title is Labor Day, so beginning of the school year. 

I don’t trust RAS either. But Imin hoping against better judgement that Evelyn isn’t a farce for Bughead. A Betty stalker could be interesting.

But I think it would be more interesting for Veronica and Archie to have actual problems and an actual triangle. Yes the show itself has brought up the core four but.. I’m talking about another. I remember thinking Nick was going to be an actual issue but he wasn’t.. really anything for Varchie. He tried to assault Veronica and then came back only to bone again be nothing. They broke up last season for only like one episode and ended the same episode back together. Granted they now have to do with Archie being charged with murder but I doubt that will be much of anything.

My issue based on what I read is that evelyn is somehow going to conjure up bettys feelings for Archie once again and I hope that this speculation isn’t true. Like I said she seemed pretty concent and happy with Jughead but with this show.. you never know.

Share Post

36 minutes ago, WhosThatGirl said:

I think there’s a time jump, the episode title is Labor Day, so beginning of the school year. 

I don’t trust RAS either. But Imin hoping against better judgement that Evelyn isn’t a farce for Bughead. A Betty stalker could be interesting.

But I think it would be more interesting for Veronica and Archie to have actual problems and an actual triangle. Yes the show itself has brought up the core four but.. I’m talking about another. I remember thinking Nick was going to be an actual issue but he wasn’t.. really anything for Varchie. He tried to assault Veronica and then came back only to bone again be nothing. They broke up last season for only like one episode and ended the same episode back together. Granted they now have to do with Archie being charged with murder but I doubt that will be much of anything.

My issue based on what I read is that evelyn is somehow going to conjure up bettys feelings for Archie once again and I hope that this speculation isn’t true. Like I said she seemed pretty concent and happy with Jughead but with this show.. you never know.

PFFF, as if anything could deter betty's devotion to jughead! lol! I don't think anything could bring back her feelings for Archie for the time being, I'm more worried that her crusade for freeing Archie (which hey, everyone knows she will fight for) will get excessive to the point where maybe jughead or veronica might get annoyed/uncertain about why she's so devoted to freeing archie… a bit far fetched I know, but still...

I just cannot trust RAS so I'm mentally preparing myself already! ha!

How the hell can they make a Varchie triangle when Archie's being accused of murder! Wouldn't everyone's priority would be clearing his name! Eugh! this show sometimes...

Share Post

42 minutes ago, PeekaBoo said:

PFFF, as if anything could deter betty's devotion to jughead! lol! I don't think anything could bring back her feelings for Archie for the time being, I'm more worried that her crusade for freeing Archie (which hey, everyone knows she will fight for) will get excessive to the point where maybe jughead or veronica might get annoyed/uncertain about why she's so devoted to freeing archie… a bit far fetched I know, but still...

I just cannot trust RAS so I'm mentally preparing myself already! ha!

How the hell can they make a Varchie triangle when Archie's being accused of murder! Wouldn't everyone's priority would be clearing his name! Eugh! this show sometimes...

Oh I’m sure there’s going to be a triangle even with Archie being arrested for murder. It’s this show. 

I don’t know. Honestly we didn’t need two more characters. We already have like a hundred million.

Share Post

There is definitely going to be a time jump. The first episode of S3 will pick up around Labor Day.

I wouldn't worry about romantic interlopers for Bughead. Between the Serpents, the cult/Polly/Alice,  Edgar/Evelyn, Chic/Charles, and the return of Gladys and JB, Betty and Jughead should have enough storyline without romantic drama in the form of a third party. And that's just what we know going into the first half of S3!

Also, the showrunners have repeatedly said the Bughead "lesson" from S2 was how lost and screwed up they became by isolating and pushing each other away, even if was out of love and protection, so they want to focus more on having them work together through the challenges that will get thrown at them this season. My guess is Bughead is safe but Varchie will probably take their lumps. Which I think they need.

I know the show has a lot of characters already but I'm actually looking forward to Edgar and Evelyn, as well as Gladys and JB. I'm already imagining the 90s/00s icons that are going to pop up as Edgar and Gladys! PeekaBoo-- you better start your Jason Priestley campaign!

Edited by Sonoma.

Share Post

Yeah like I said I’m not too worried about Bughead having romantic drama in the form of another person. Unlike last year, when they brought in Toni and mentioned her maybe being a problem for Bughead. And that was also because the season one finale left Bughead in an odd state. And yeah.. considering they did have a pointless scene of Toni and Jughead making out for reasons.. yeah. But right now, I’m not worried about Evelyn for Bughead.

I’m just a little annoyed that a post that made speculation comments about it arising feelings betty may have for Archie.. which what? I mean I know I joke that when season three comes, maybe half the characters will do a 180 like they kind of did at the beginning of season 2 but Betty seems firmly set in her relationship with Jughead, so that would be real random but whatever, it could happen. . I think Bughead is alright for the first half of season three. I could be wrong though. I never thought they would break up in the first couple episodes in season 2 though so..

Also As for Gladys.. I want Neve Campbell to be Jugheads mom. 

Eta: and I agree Sonoma, I think evelyn will be a real problem for Varchie which like I said, they need. I know there’s always the threat of the triangle(square, when you include Jughead in all of it) of Betty-Archie-Veronica that always lies in this show and I know nick was around for season 2 but he was such a non starter, I think evelyn could be an actual real problem for Varchie and they haven’t had much of anything, problems wise. As I said their biggest problem last season was her not being able to say I Love You for.. a week or something and then just getting back together. 

Edited by WhosThatGirl.

Share Post

3 hours ago, Sonoma said:

There is definitely going to be a time jump. The first episode of S3 will pick up around Labor Day.

I wouldn't worry about romantic interlopers for Bughead. Between the Serpents, the cult/Polly/Alice,  Edgar/Evelyn, Chic/Charles, and the return of Gladys and JB, Betty and Jughead should have enough storyline without romantic drama in the form of a third party. And that's just what we know going into the first half of S3!

I would like to think the show has learned thoroughly now about not screwing up with Bughead THAT much, oh well, I've mentioned this already so many times i'll just stop now! 
What I'm starting to speculate is since they're bringing out the cult thing NOW, that it might be a 3a thing and that now they're pushing down Gladys/JBs return to 3B or maybe they'll troll us for the entire hiatus (like with Toni/Choni) only to have them pop up towards the end of the season with more of a minor storyline ? God I hope not!

2 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

I’m just a little annoyed that a post that made speculation comments about it arising feelings betty may have for Archie.. which what? I mean I know I joke that when season three comes, maybe half the characters will do a 180 like they kind of did at the beginning of season 2 but Betty seems firmly set in her relationship with Jughead, so that would be real random but whatever, it could happen. . I think Bughead is alright for the first half of season three. I could be wrong though. I never thought they would break up in the first couple episodes in season 2 though so..

While there might not be any breakups coming up at the beginning of the season, I'm wondering if they'll get their angsty moments, and that might be by for example being constantly cockblocked or worse, Gladys/Serpents severaly dislking betty or bughead together, that's enough for them to deal with.. Or worse, if Betty gets enthralled into Jasons Priestly's magical swoony cult leader voice lol!

But I'm all for Varchie getting all the angst thrown at them, their constant hooks up have made not like them, please! Bring in the drama, the triangles (with evelyn or reggie or SweetPea or Vegas) and whatever else!

3 hours ago, Sonoma said:

I know the show has a lot of characters already but I'm actually looking forward to Edgar and Evelyn, as well as Gladys and JB. I'm already imagining the 90s/00s icons that are going to pop up as Edgar and Gladys! PeekaBoo-- you better start your Jason Priestley campaign!

2 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

Also As for Gladys.. I want Neve Campbell to be Jugheads mom. 

I will start making the posters!! :D :D

Share Post

I don’t think Betty is going to get in the cult. I think she’s going to know what’s up. At least I hope so. I think the cult stuff might be more Betty trying to get Alice (and Polly) out of it. 

Share Post

Okay folks I'm out! You guys seem to have more than enough sources for spoilers now. I'm getting out of the message board business. Lol! It's no longer as fun anymore with all of the negativity and nitpicking and anxiety for some peeps. Not for me, different strokes for different folks. But it's been a pleasure for the most part. Y'all are some lovely people!

Share Post

I’m sorry to hear that Sonoma! I’ll miss your spoilers!

in other news RAS posted this:

I thought they started Monday? At least that’s what CC said a week or two ago, maybe Cole and KJ and possibly others start Friday? I read some Instagram comments that Kn and Cole are driving to Vancouver together today or Yesterday. Maybe they are the only ones starting Friday.

Edited by WhosThatGirl.

Share Post

8 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

I’m sorry to hear that Sonoma! I’ll miss your spoilers!

in other news RAS posted this:

I thought they started Monday? At least that’s what CC said a week or two ago, maybe Cole and KJ and possibly others start Friday? I read some Instagram comments that Kn and Cole are driving to Vancouver together today or Yesterday. Maybe they are the only ones starting Friday.

Is that boy allergic to t-shirts? lol!

And woohoo for starting to film s3!

Share Post

1 hour ago, PeekaBoo said:

Is that boy allergic to t-shirts? lol!

And woohoo for starting to film s3!

I know I’m super excited! Also cole and KJ are road tripping back to Canada. At least from their insta stories they are. That makes me so happy! also happy that this means Jughead and Archie may at least get a friendship scene or two if they both start shooting friday! Wishful thinking.

Share Post

It appears that all core four and Madalaine  and possibly the parents are starting on Friday. Camilla posted something today on an Instagram story driving by the Popsset, as I said earlier KJ and Cole are road tripping back to Vancouver together.  And Madealine, Lili, And Miserol all posted something about packing or

leaving or being back in Canada last night and today. So.. it seems most everyone is back. 

Share Post

Just now, WhosThatGirl said:

It appears that all core four and Madalaine  and possibly the parents are starting on Friday. Camilla posted something today on an Instagram story driving by the Popsset, as I said earlier KJ and Cole are road tripping back to Vancouver together.  And Madealine, Lili, And Miserol all posted something about packing or

leaving or being back in Canada last night and today. So.. it seems most everyone is back. 

I guess its on 😁😁

Share Post

5 hours ago, PeekaBoo said:

I guess its on 😁😁

Also Vanessa posted on insta she will be reunited with Madealine tomorrow so she’s filming too.  I’m assuming they will probably all back  in Canada by tomorrow. Odd that Casey said July 9th. I’m assuming for him it is then.

Share Post

Almost everyone I posted about being back in Canada is there now! Although Lili might not be there and I haven’t seen anything from kJ and Cole since earlier today and they weren’t back in Canada yet.. the first table read is tomorrow though according to RAS.

Share Post

It seems everyone is back in Vancouver today!  Also Casey was correct they start shooting momday(the 9th) but today is the first table read.. so today is the first day but Monday is the first official day and when we might get pictures or something. 

Share Post

I have a few hopes for this season, one being that I hope it’s not as rough as of a one for Bughead and the other being that I really hope they don’t have Betty fall into the cult. Like I said I don’t think she would, based on what we know from the last two seasons but with this show.. who the hell knows anymore what they plan to do. I’m not going to be surprised when we return and everyone is totally different like they were from the end of season one to the start of season two.

Share Post

Episode 302:

Guess this means we are prolonging Archie’s time in jail. Although sometimes-most of the time- the script pictures mean nothing. 

Share Post

Also today HD inatagramed a picture of him working out with a caption about it being a joke or something about the black hood ending him. I think this means Chic will return in season 3. Which.. ew. He offers nothing to the show now. Also as far as I’ve seen he isn’t in Canada yet so who knows if he isn’t coming back or bot but I’m like pretty sure he is.

Share Post

So based on Instagram posts, episodes 3x01 includes a pool party of some sort: (omg the teens get to act like teens): also almost all the teens are there, Casey was, a few other serpents, the only person I haven’t seen of the teens being there is Archie but that makes sense since last we saw him in season 2 he was getting arrested.

416D4A65-299F-43BC-9F77-5A47FAFDF6FE.jpeg

Eta: here’s a whole bunch some of it may include some of it may above pictures

Also from yesterday:
Edited by WhosThatGirl.

Share Post

kJ was filming pool stuff, I stand corrected. Here’s more bts:

Share Post

Another bts video: sadly this one doesn’t give us much of anything, unlike Mondays cast posts which really showed that episode 3x01 includes a pool party with pretty much everyone but I thought I would still post because it’s still fun!

Edited by WhosThatGirl.

Share Post

Another bts video from cami: this one can be seen as a spoiler as you can see that the woman is holding serpents tattoos that can be seen as a spoiler:

Eta: and I don’t want Archie to become a serpent.. don’t really want anyone but I can think of a thousand reasons why they will make him one. Maybe as protection for jail.. and also this allows for the show to keep romantic options open with the show going forward. I was wondering how they would go about keeping the door open for Betty and Archie in the future if Betty becomes a serpent (and I think she will? I’m pretty sure her answer was yes but we will see in season 3) because  that means Betty would have chosen Jughead enough to tattoo herself into it and how could she date Archie after doing that.. but if he becomes one too.. well like I said it leaves the door open. 

But also.. is everyone just going to be a serpent now? I mean... what??
Edited by WhosThatGirl.

Share Post

Don’t know if this means anything or just a fun Friday the 13th post and I say that because riverdales jason was tagged:

Share Post

So it appears Archie may really be becoming a serpent, as I said there are many reasons the show may choose to do this.. it’s ridiculous though if it’s real. I kind of hope it’s a dream like this instagrammer  or a fake serpent thing for his protection or something. Because really.. if it’s a real thing, I fully expect all the teenagers to be in the gang now since the show  at this point seems to be treating it like it’s an after school club or something. 

Edited by WhosThatGirl.

Share Post

So theories all over Instagram state that the serpent tattoo and pool party may all be a dream. The pool party stuff makes me sad. I would like to see the kids have fun that isn’t a dream sequence. I know Archie being on trial is a big serious thing but I would love for the teens to have fun somewhere and I don’t think they will ever again.

Share Post

And now it seems that Penelope Ann Miller is also coming over to the show? There was a pic of her and Skeet... some are speculating she might be playing Gladys but it doesn't make sense... and  nothings confirmed...

Share Post

4 minutes ago, PeekaBoo said:

And now it seems that Penelope Ann Miller is also coming over to the show? There was a pic of her and Skeet... some are speculating she might be playing Gladys but it doesn't make sense... and  nothings confirmed...

I haven’t heard anything confirming casting of Gladys and Jellybean yet so we will see. I wouldn’t think too much of just a picture, unless the picture was on the set and most of the pictures on set I have seen are of the cast members we already know and no new people yet.

Share Post

Okay @PeekaBoo 

who knows who she will play...Kevin’s mom? I hope she isn’t Jugheads mom, I’m still holding out hope for NC! Also I know it’s stereotyping but I always envisioned Jugheads mom with dark hair?

Edited by WhosThatGirl.

Share Post