What is their religion anyway?

2 hours ago, Katy M said:

Episcopalian. 

2 hours ago, Katy M said:

Episcopalian. 

I don't think so, Episcopalians have priests not ministers. It was just generic Christian.

Share Post

9 hours ago, Willowsmom said:

I don't think so, Episcopalians have priests not ministers. It was just generic Christian.

I'll be the first to admit that I don't know anything about Episcopalians.  But, they actually said that's what they were in one episode.  I don't remember which one, but it was one with Yasmine, the Muslim girl.

Share Post

If some writer decided to make them Episcopal, they should have done their home work first. My uncle was a very strong Episcopalian & they do not have "ministers" or "Reverend", they are very much like Catholics, lots of kneeling, the Priests are dressed in a fancy garb, not the black robe. These people are some type of a generic Christian group. 

Share Post

Episcopalians have been referred to as "Catholic Lite".  They share many things in common and are more or less equivalent to Anglicans,

Share Post

They have confirmation classes so that narrows it down.  I'm not sure that it was ever really supposed to be a specific denomination, though.  I think it was kind of a mash up of Methodist, Presbyterian, Lutheran, and Hollywood Holier Than Thou.

Share Post

You know, this doesn't have anything to do specifically with what religion they are, but in that episode where they went to dinner at the Glasses, how could Annie not know that mixing meat and dairy was not kosher.  All the kosher rules are in the Old Testament, which she really should have read several times by this point in her life.

Share Post

Because by then Annie was  a totally self  absorbed twit or she wouldn't have  taken all that food to  start with.

Share Post

On 5/22/2017 at 5:51 PM, Katy M said:

You know, this doesn't have anything to do specifically with what religion they are, but in that episode where they went to dinner at the Glasses, how could Annie not know that mixing meat and dairy was not kosher.  All the kosher rules are in the Old Testament, which she really should have read several times by this point in her life.

There was never once any credible evidence that Annie had ever even heard of Jesus. Never mind knowing the ins and outs of the Old Testament.

Share Post