General Discussion

Hi all, I'm new here and have enjoyed reading all your comments both funny and sad.

We are currently getting re-runs of this hoarding show in the UK.  We are all totally shocked at the way some people live - or should that be manage to survive -  in such filth. 

Last week we saw the show featuring the old woman hoarder who told the therapist and clean up crew that she had lost her set of false teeth in her hoard. What a tragi-comic classic.

I could hardly believe it when she and the therapist stood there and, quite seriously, told the clean up crew before they began to literally shovel away the layers of filth and rubbish strewn feet deep over every room in the house, to 'look out for a set of dentures' as the 'client' wanted them back!

The client had lost them several years ago, and was clearly still in dire need of them.

Unbelievably the crew find the top set, nauseatingly dirty of course, beneath rotting black stuff and dust on the floor once the room has been partially cleared. The hoarder then ungratefully complains that they haven't yet found the bottom set.... so she will still find it hard to chew food with them!!!  Nooooo....but...

OH YES....She's planning to put them back in her toothless mouth.

Surely someone in such a terrible mental state should not be living outside of an institution.

Retch.

Share Post

Hi Ms Truffle!  I've watched most of the UK show, "Obsessive Compulsive Cleaners," on YouTube and enjoyed seeing the British hoarders they feature on the second half of the shows.  Mostly I like seeing the OCD cleaners doing their thing in their spotless homes.  Very inspiring!

Share Post

On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2015 at 2:21 PM, jcbrown said:

Recorded a few of these last night. I am watching the one entitled something like, "A VCR for every day of the week."  I've never wanted to slap someone on TV as much as I want to slap the idiot son. Father and son and son's girlfriend live in the squalor and the drama is whether they can clean up the house to keep the father out of jail on a code violation and to bring home the preemie baby the two younger idiots have created. Son evidently lacks all life skills, speaks so unintelligibly he has to be subtitled, and reacts to every imagined slight by trying to attack. The three idiots deserve each other and I hope the baby is taken away just as the twelve cats were. Just makes me wonder how they thought they were coming off on TV because I cannot imagine why they did the show.

I followed up on those two guys. Apparently the son and his girlfriend are separated (thankfully). She seemed halfway normal. I hope she got full custody of the baby.

On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 2:52 AM, MsTruffle said:

Hi all, I'm new here and have enjoyed reading all your comments both funny and sad.

We are currently getting re-runs of this hoarding show in the UK.  We are all totally shocked at the way some people live - or should that be manage to survive -  in such filth. 

Last week we saw the show featuring the old woman hoarder who told the therapist and clean up crew that she had lost her set of false teeth in her hoard. What a tragi-comic classic.

I could hardly believe it when she and the therapist stood there and, quite seriously, told the clean up crew before they began to literally shovel away the layers of filth and rubbish strewn feet deep over every room in the house, to 'look out for a set of dentures' as the 'client' wanted them back!

The client had lost them several years ago, and was clearly still in dire need of them.

Unbelievably the crew find the top set, nauseatingly dirty of course, beneath rotting black stuff and dust on the floor once the room has been partially cleared. The hoarder then ungratefully complains that they haven't yet found the bottom set.... so she will still find it hard to chew food with them!!!  Nooooo....but...

OH YES....She's planning to put them back in her toothless mouth.

Surely someone in such a terrible mental state should not be living outside of an institution.

Retch.

The UK has hoarders, too! And hoarder shows. The Hoarder Next Door is one, Britain's Biggest Hoarders is another, don't know if any others.

Share Post

I'm watching the rerun of "It's Just Sex" with Herv and Janet who used their young sons death years ago as an excuse to neglect their other son, and trash their house.   This is the one where they were swingers, and Herv is still screwing his girlfriend Wendy.   Herv claims he and Wendy the Huge are just friends, but he invites her to clean the hoard, and shows her around his house, and discusses his sex life with the wife while standing on the bed.    Yes , Wendy is  the one that the narrator called the "elephant in the room", and the production crew showed a butt shot of her huge rear.   He claims he's no longer screwing Wendy, but he treats her way better, and talks to her much more intimately than his poor wife.    I did love when Dr. Becky was telling Wendy to leave, and she said she slept with Janet too.      The look on Dr. Becky's face is classic.   

If anyone thinks Herv and Wendy are over, they need to get a clue, it's obvious that the real relationship is Wendy and Herv, and Janet has been dumped years ago.     The poor son knew all of this, so he was living in a tent in the back yard because his parents are living with Wendy.     The son's friend in so nice, and helpful.     I can't believe the authorities let these people move back into a house that is falling down after the clean up.      Janet is fooling herself if she thinks anything will change.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama.

Share Post

5 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I'm watching the rerun of "It's Just Sex" with Herv and Janet who used their young sons death years ago as an excuse to neglect their other son, and trash their house.   

This episode and the episode with Shelley who invented a twin sister for the purposes of blaming that imaginary sibling for having sex with her husband and for maintaining her own hoard of purses are among my two favorite hours of television ever. Because this episode was straight-up bonkers. If it were in a book of fiction, I'd throw the book away for wasting my time with such a ludicrous, unbelievable story.

Share Post

I think they posted on here that Shelley died a few years ago.   Freeing her family of enablers to live much better lives.

So Herve and Wendy worked at the same place?    I bet the co-workers enjoyed this episode, and all of the neighbors.

Share Post

Poor ole Shelly...damn I hated that lying bitch, but it goes with the illness doesn't it, but it sure doesn't make it easy on the family. I love that episode so much I just can't  tell ya. Can't wait for more hoarders! 

Share Post

1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I think they posted on here that Shelley died a few years ago.   

I thought it was just Beverly from Canada who died? 

If Shelley's dead, I hope her family buried her in the living room under a pile of her purses. 

Share Post

I wonder if her twin sister came to the funeral, and picked up her purses? 

And that awful animal hoarder from Indiana (I think Indiana) died.  Hannah maybe?   I bet there are others, but they haven't found them under their hoard yet. 

I think I read on here that Shelley's husband gave up on the hoarders episode house, and bought another one.   I'm sure he was shocked when she hoarded that one too, but then he was a moron. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama.

Share Post

they should all be dead, and no, there is no special place in hell for any animal hoarder. 

Share Post

Jeeves - I'm watching it now.  Yes, he is a POS!   So selfish. "He was stunned to learn that he had over 200 pairs of shoes."  Dick. 

Share Post