Morning Joe All Episode Talk

A more reasonable KellyAnn Conway. 

Whatta oxymoron--like Jumbo Shrimp. Daily I read the Trump Bus Schedule, to see when KellyAnne's  motorcoach is arriving......

Share Post

1 hour ago, Mmtx2002 said:

All of this to say, too, that it has been very odd to me that they have not been appearing together while in London.  Based on Joe's and Mika's recent social media postings it is clear they have been there together all week.  Yet strangely they were in separate isolation booths.  Hurts the dynamic of the show in my view.  

I agree with this. The other weird thing is that on all the Google photos of the London studio that Mika was in, there isa banner across the top "NBC News London". That was not there for Mika. For some odd reason they didn't seem to want anyone to know that Mika was in London.

Share Post

1 hour ago, Landsnark said:

All the "girls" up and coming at MSNBC are fucking great.  There's a wave of talent on the come-up there.  So smart, sharp and funny.  Katie Tur is so loveably goofy and sincere and funny and smart and WILL NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT at the same time.

I was going to say the same thing in my earlier post!  I love the women dominating on MSNBC. That interview Katy did with the dipshit Kobach, OMG a thing of beauty.   I really like Nicole.   I wonder if tptb have seen how Joy & Rachel are doing so well and just turned the women loose. Go get 'em ladies.

Love it! 

Share Post

59 minutes ago, Landsnark said:

Nicole Wallace is such a good host.  She's so talented.  Something happened from the period when she got fired from The View to today.  She must have been coached.  She used to be a nasty true believer who would defend insanity out of hand.  A more reasonable KellyAnn Conway.  I suppose that was an act she thought she had to put on to play the part of right wing avenger.

I agree. I disliked her when she was on The View, but she is really shining on MSNBC. It helps that she dislikes Trump and his crew so much, and I'm not seeing so much of her conservative views because of the preoccupation with the chaos he has created. She has a free-flowing, loose style, but she can be tough at the same time. I don't even mind her voice anymore.

Share Post

Run Spicey, run!! Run and jump in the Potomac and wash off the filth of the past 6 months!  I wish MJ was on tomorrow AM!  Mika and Joe could report from a Nantucket bunker, with a green screen of tiny whales, sailboats and lobsters.

Share Post

3 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

Instead of quoting you all individually - which would be miles of page space - I will say that I absolutely love everyone's posts today and am of like mind with just about everything. 

There most certainly should be a law mandating the release of a candidate's tax returns.  Just imagine the crapstorm we would have avoided had that been in place already.

Meek-a sure does enjoy being the only girl in the room.  She's just smart enough to realize when she's being outshone in the intelligence department and it makes her uneasy being around truly smart women.  I'd love to know the real back-story of her upbringing; something tells me she was completely overshadowed by all the brains in that family

It is so ironic that I, too, miss the lovebirds when they're away.  Go figure.

I suggest you read Mika's book All Things at Once which details her life growing up till her start on Morning Joe.

16 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

Run Spicey, run!! Run and jump in the Potomac and wash off the filth of the past 6 months!  I wish MJ was on tomorrow AM!  Mika and Joe could report from a Nantucket bunker, with a green screen of tiny whales, sailboats and lobsters.

Joe is happy that Spicer quit. Joe said it will weaken Bannon.

Share Post

6 hours ago, Landsnark said:

Nicole Wallace is so good.  And I like John Heilemann.  Together, though, they are a stripe too giggly and a little too loose when coralling the dummies on the panel.  Things shouldn't go so far that Gene Robinson is cracking jokes.  Gene Robinson should never make jokes.  He should only ever be erudite and pleasantly disapproving of Republicans.   And giving Donnie too much space is a huge mistake.  He's sooo weak on policy and when he's juxtaposed against heavyweights, you realize his TV time is a waste of your time. 
As you watch Nicole, you see that she's a hundred million miles beyond Mika.  Nicole actually reads.  She actually DID the job she covers.  She knows all the players personally.  She knows Sergei Lavrov and knows people who work with him and against him.  She's read everything on everything and pulls from that information intelligently with a light, amusing touch.  Her shows move and touch the right spots quickly and move on.  She's so good.

I haven't watched her too much but have noticed her criticisms of Trump in the past year.

Again, I wonder if she's more willing or prone to criticize Trump partly because he's antagonized the Bushes, to whom she seems to be very loyal.

How did she view Obama and Romney for instance?  Presumably she hasn't left the Republican party like Scarborough has, even though she's probably got more moderate views than he has and probably has to be more alienated by how the base drives the party.

Share Post

She has called President Obama a jerk on MJ,  but then of his last speech, she praised him profusely.  

So I guess it depends on the day.  

All I know now is she doesn't bring her politics into the show Maybe hanging out with Rachel & Brian Williams has mellowed her. 

Edited by teddysmom.

Share Post

1 hour ago, scrb said:

she's more willing or prone to criticize Trump partly because he's antagonized the Bushes, to whom she seems to be very loyal.

She made fun of Bush's White House this morning, saying it was always embroiled in controversy and they often failed to get the right messages out.   She was being self depricating in saying how bad the Bush White House was, but it was SO MUCH better than Trump's.

1 hour ago, teddysmom said:

Maybe hanging out with Rachel & Brian Williams has mellowed her.

Probably close to the truth.

Share Post

Meh.  Nicole Wallace knows which side her bread is buttered on, she's smart enough to tone down the right-wing conservatism because she's on a more liberal network.  Not saying there's anything wrong with it, but she wants to get paid.  I remember things she's said in the past about President Obama, for example, so I am not moved or impressed by her now.

Share Post

Don't forget Comey.

Polling shows that last minute letter had a big effect on a lot of voters.

Share Post

23 hours ago, Landsnark said:

It's possible they're in London to work on a project.  Joe probably has a few irons in the fire and that's why he's in another part of London midday.
I did not miss them today, fwiw. 
Nicole Wallace is such a good host.  She's so talented.  Something happened from the period when she got fired from The View to today.  She must have been coached.  She used to be a nasty true believer who would defend insanity out of hand.  A more reasonable KellyAnn Conway.  I suppose that was an act she thought she had to put on to play the part of right wing avenger.

All the "girls" up and coming at MSNBC are fucking great.  There's a wave of talent on the come-up there.  So smart, sharp and funny.  Katie Tur is so loveably goofy and sincere and funny and smart and WILL NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT at the same time.

Katie Tur laughed when Barnicle said she spent more time with Trump than members of his own family

Share Post