Erika Girardi/Erika Jayne: Let them eat cake

3 hours ago, Jextella said:

Boy, the Hong Kong trip locked me into a few things.  First, I now firmly believe Erika is messed up.  IMO, she's got stuff she hasn't identified or dealt with that goes deep.  

And I'm probably in the minority but I like Lisa Rinna.  I've gone up and down, but after Hong Kong, it's official.  She's a shit stirrer and she's not always right - but I think she tries to navigate the world in a nothing-to-hide way, and she works hard.   She's described the RHBH gig as the "hardest job she's ever had" and I think she has figured out the fact that it is a job.  She's learning to separate herself from "it".

Also, I give major props to Eileen.  When Erica went after her, Eileen rose above the absurdity of the Erica's accusations and misinterpretation and realized Erica was having a majorly bad moment.

Finally, this is the first season I've liked Kyle and Lisa.

I'm the exact opposite - tonight was the first time I actually felt the Rinna hate in myself.  I wanted to smack the smug off her face at that dinner, and then she couldn't STFU, even after stuffing a giant something in her mouth, and then changing the subject to Dorit's cocaine bathroom - she's so obvious and stupid.

OT - I definitely think Erika has issues - her "I'm so cool" persona combined with the constant name-dropping of her designer labels - I'm guessing she wasn't as well off in childhood as her mother's current nice house seems to suggest, and I think she grew up feeling maybe "poor white trashy" or something, so now she's proving that she's made it.  And a lot of the time I think she looks great, but that designer t-shirt dress at Dorit's party, for example, was a "miss" (that she thought would be cool because: designer) so she gets defensive and shoots off the designer's name to let us know that she is rich and fashion forward.  She'd do better to either a) laugh it off and admit she made a mistake, or b) stay cool and say "Who gives a fuck what Dorit thinks?  It's my dress and I like it" without mentioning the designer - that just gives her away.  IMO of course :)

Share Post

I wonder if the t-shirt dress was what she found to be the most comfortable to wear. They did mention she had been sick the day before or a couple of days before Dorit's party.

Share Post

I see from  posted photographs that for her costume she latched on to the black lace up boots Dorit was wearing on the Chinese junket where Erica started her bull shit.

dish-032117-erika-promote.jpg?itok=gyxRM

Share Post

3 hours ago, Giselle said:

I see from  posted photographs that for her costume she latched on to the black lace up boots Dorit was wearing on the Chinese junket where Erica started her bull shit.

dish-032117-erika-promote.jpg?itok=gyxRM

I came on here to post the exact same thing.  Copycat.  Looks like Erika wants to be Dorit.  Ha!!

Share Post

LOL. So Erika just wants to be Dorit after all. How sad. Erika is a fucking 13 year old drama queen. She could only hold in that crazy for so long before who she really is came out. Glad we've all seen it. What a lunatic.

Share Post

I could NOT stop rolling my eyes during Erika's meltdown.  Especially when she chastised Eileen for talking about her son...what?  No one except Erika was talking about her son.  Jeez...need attention much?

Share Post

Watched the clip from Dancing with the Stars on WWHL- not only can Erika not sing, she cannot dance for shit either. Oh, and, she is batshit crazy. 

Interesting that Eileen, Rinna and Harry Hamlin were there to cheer Erika on at DWS, but no Tom Girardi......

It is clear that Erika has some deep underlying issues with people in her family ( her son and mother). She is mentally unstable, and therefore no longer entertaining. 

Share Post

I'm beyond irritated by the glam squad calling her look "Samurai Barbie" in China. Asian cultures are not interchangeable. I'm going need them to Harajuku their way off screen.*

*I'm referencing Gwen Stefani's nearly silent Japanese minstrel squad.

Share Post

On 3/20/2017 at 4:30 PM, PerPlexied said:

This is why things should be shown in full context: Erika was replying to a tweet criticizing her for being ON a reality show, saying mature and classy women don't go on them. Her reply was appropriate and a perfect retort. 

Nah, I read the entire exchange before I posted.  Still think it was out of line. Every single one of these women get hateful tweets.  It's part of doing the show.  Personally, I think if you go to someone's twitter and criticize them, then you're out of line.  A better response would have been "Classy people don't come onto my twitter page to criticize me." She didn't say that. She made a sweeping generalization about everyone who watches and comments on the show.

Read LVP's twitter sometime.  Some of those people can be brutal. I've yet to see her insult the entire audience just because some tool on the internet decided to troll her.

It was an idiotic response, even while taken in context.

Share Post

I suppose anyone who would want to be Dorit would be classified as sad and crazy...

Share Post

Erika Girardi clearly suffers from her childhood w/ a controlling, withholding parent. And now she's a controlling, withholding adult.  I can't believe none of those women simply got up from the table and said-- pull yourself together, until then, we don't want to be around this.

Share Post

Well, to further lock in how "off" Erica is, I watched her on WWHL and Andy asked her about her response to Eileen.  Erica's response said it all.  

She acknowledged that Eileen's comments weren't mean-spirited and that she overreacted.  Good for her, but what she failed to acknowledge is just how far she twisted Eileen's words and meaning.  We all know they weren't mean-spirited but we all also know they had NOTHING to do with her son personally much less him living a risky cop's life.  What she should have done was acknowledge the psycho-twist of words.

Even Andy seemed a little taken aback by this.  He seemed to want to ask if she really understand the gist of the offense but Erica was firm and moved on.  

Meanwhile....Megan McCain was on the same episode and she was awesome.  I'd never seen her before.  She seemed sharp and logical.  Reasonable and fair.  Having said that, she's a fan of Erica and not so much of Dorit.   :(

Edited by Jextella.

Share Post

I think Erika is a very sexy and talented woman who is pretty normal compared to some of the other mooks on this show.

LVP.......obessed with animals in a very unhealthy way. No psychological problems with a women who sleeps in a bed with six dogs, two ponies and a swan.

Lisa Rinna.....nutjob of the first water who will say anything or do anything to stay on the show. As far as mothers go....lets not talk about how they portrayed her relationship with her Mom. She couldn't even pretend to care for the five minutes she was on screen.

Eileen the Angel of Death. Just about her whole family is dying. What's up with that?

Kyle the Acquirer. Every season she gets a new house. I get it. Maurice is getting rich and they are buying stuff. That can be fun to watch. But we have been through her act for a long time now. It is getting old.

Eden....err.....you know what I mean.

Dorit a poseur in a phony accent. This years one year wonder.

Compared to this Murderers Row of dysfunction Erika seems the pick of the litter. 

Share Post

39 minutes ago, Trooper York said:

I think Erika is a very sexy and talented woman who is pretty normal compared to some of the other mooks on this show.

LVP.......obessed with animals in a very unhealthy way. No psychological problems with a women who sleeps in a bed with six dogs, two ponies and a swan.

Lisa Rinna.....nutjob of the first water who will say anything or do anything to stay on the show. As far as mothers go....lets not talk about how they portrayed her relationship with her Mom. She couldn't even pretend to care for the five minutes she was on screen.

Eileen the Angel of Death. Just about her whole family is dying. What's up with that?

Kyle the Acquirer. Every season she gets a new house. I get it. Maurice is getting rich and they are buying stuff. That can be fun to watch. But we have been through her act for a long time now. It is getting old.

Eden....err.....you know what I mean.

Dorit a poseur in a phony accent. This years one year wonder.

Compared to this Murderers Row of dysfunction Erika seems the pick of the litter. 

I don't see her this way but I am one who if I had her resources I too would be adopting many animals.  It isn't as if she's fucking the dog (cat, swan, ponies)!  They are all seemingly loved, cared for, clean, not too many for the space she has, etc.  I would say they have a pretty good life!  Frankly I am one who sees people who hate animals as suspect.  

Share Post

1 hour ago, Natalie68 said:

It isn't as if she's fucking the dog (cat, swan, ponies)!  

Facts not in evidence. Just sayn'

You can love animals and not be a nutjob about it. There is a woman who  lives a couple of blocks from me who was arrested for having hundreds of rabbits. Some of whom had syphilis. Figure that one out why doncha!

Animals are great. Some of them are very tasty.

Edited by Trooper York.

Share Post

17 minutes ago, Trooper York said:

Facts not in evidence. Just sayn'

You can love animals and not be a nutjob about it. There is a woman who  lives a couple of blocks from me who was arrested for having hundreds of rabbits. Some of whom had syphilis. Figure that one out why doncha!

Animals are great. Some of them are very tasty.

Ok, you made me startle my coworker!  HA!

Very true!  Those poor bunnies!  Animal hoarders make me sad.  Those little creatures deserve so much better.

Share Post

One thing you have to give LVP credit for...at least she has space for all those animals.

Share Post

From the article in the New York Times about the bunnies in Brooklyn: "During the trial, a veterinarian for the A.S.P.C.A. testified to each rabbit’s injuries. She had found that more than two-thirds of the rabbits had wounds, mostly from bites, and that around half tested positive for syphilis. Nearly three dozen had sustained genital or anal trauma, and still others had abscesses and skin inflammations associated with being kept in unclean environments."

That's it! 

I want Jiggy to be tested for chlamydia. Right now!

Share Post

Erika's skirt on DWTS looked like those icicle Christmas light strings.

Share Post

I love Erika. I don't relate to her at all but I understand her because I am very close to someone that is just like her. I think she started out as a fan fave because she was unapologetic & raw and I also think that will be the same thing that makes fans turn on her. 

I do think she overreacted with Eileen though. That scene was cringeworthy. 

Share Post