All EpisodesTalk: If you can spot the the mistake maybe you aren't an idiot?

A place to discuss particular episodes, arcs and moments from the show's run. Please remember this isn't a complete catch-all topic -- check out the forum for character topics and other places for show-related talk.

Share Post

Awesome! Thank you for including this in the forum.

Does anyone else watch this? Thoughts?

I consider it brain exercise :)

Share Post

Yeah, I watch it.  There is so little on tv that I can tolerate anymore that I have found this and like it a lot.  I think it is a breath of fresh air and I really like the host's sense of humor.

Share Post

They made a mistake in the latest "Nerds vs Beauty Queens".  One test said "Which file returns?" and the answer was two people.  But "which" never refers to a person, "who" does.  I felt that was unfair.

Share Post

Did anyone catch the "KIdiotest!" episode that aired a few days ago with the kids (best friends vs cousins)? I thought the kids were a lot of fun and Ben Gleib looked like he was really getting a kick out of interacting with them. It maybe seemed a little bit lopsided that the boys (best friends) were 13/14 and the girls (cousins) were only 11, but both teams had a lot of personality and looked like they were having fun. I was laughing out loud several times - one of my favorite episodes!

Share Post

23 hours ago, frogzapper said:

Did anyone catch the "KIdiotest!" episode that aired a few days ago with the kids (best friends vs cousins)?

I agree it was a bit lopsided, but the boys were awesome.  They got about $14,000 or so, I think, which is probably a record.

Share Post

Twice in the last couple of episodes I've watched, a contestant accidentally "double touched" an answer on a test where they were required to touch two answers. Then they couldn't touch a second answer, and got the whole test wrong. Couldn't TPTB figure out a way to prevent "double touching" from happening? Like, lock out the part of the screen that's already been touched? It seems like a flaw in the system to me.

Share Post

I catch this show on repeats all the time and enjoy it. Not even sure when it actually airs.

Ben Glieb is great. His interactions are sometimes awkward and they don't edit that out, which makes the whole thing feel more real. I wouldn't mind seeing his name in the constant pool of people who might replace Trebek if he retires before we are able to upload our consciousness into perfect android replicas. Many die hard Jeopardy fans might not like that choice though.

Not sure how long it can go on though. Can they keep making up visual puzzles forever? I've become significantly better at solving them than when I first started watching, because after awhile you realize they play the same tricks over and over. 

Share Post

On 8/9/2016 at 10:19 AM, ae2 said:

Not even sure when it actually airs.Not sure how long it can go on though. Can they keep making up visual puzzles forever? I've become significantly better at solving them than when I first started watching, because after awhile you realize they play the same tricks over and over.

I don't know -- I can usually spot the "trick" but they get me from time to time.  Have you played the online game, and, if so, how did you do?

Share Post

This show is a lot of fun, and we play together as a family all the time.  We question where they get the idiots that play, because, well, most of them are in fact idiots.

I think my favorite episode was two teams full of Ben's old girlfriends, which Ben handled well.

Share Post