S01.E10: Blood and Quiescence / Crau a Chwsg 2015.11.17

Wilkin and Milus lead an unlikely band of brothers on a life-threatening rescue mission.

Share Post

WOW, that wrapped up quickly.  Almost looks like they knew!

Aaaand, Wilkin is a big, ole lug.  What on Earth was wrong with his posture in that last scene?  

Aside from His Luggishness, I thought the episode was fine.  I especially enjoyed Love and the Chamberlain.  (And, of course Isabel.)

Share Post

Whole lotta forgivin' goin' on in this episode. Also a whole lot of people learning Wilkin's secret. That leaves maybe one peasant in the entire village who doesn't know about it.

Nice of everyone to pitch in for the big battle. Well, almost everyone. Didn't see Bernadette there.

Share Post

I wasn't paying much attention to the plotline at this point, I have to admit -- just to the "wrapping it up" narrative.  But what was the "special" nature of the boy?  Was he the Second Coming or was Wilkin?  

And, seriously, did I misunderstand that Gemma's character was supposed to be the new Mary?  Seriously?  Holy God, did they miscast that role.  And that accent.  Whoo.

Share Post

No Second Comings here. Wilkin carries the bloodline of Jesus, but he's not the final product. The kid was just leverage for the Evil Church Guys to use on Father Ruskin to make him cooperate. I think.

BTW, I think the actor who plays the head scribe has a great name: Scroobius Pip. He's apparently better known for doing hip hop.

Share Post

Oh, sigh.  I had this whole (made up) idea that Sutter was heading off with Wilking as the John the Baptist character, Jessamy as Mary, and the kid as the Second Coming.

Or, given how prone he was to killing anyone and everyone (telling where the crone was; and then stabbing the Cardinal to death), perhaps he was the Anti-Christ?

I could come up with a million ideas.

Too late now, though.

Share Post

Or, given how prone he was to killing anyone and everyone (telling where the crone was; and then stabbing the Cardinal to death), perhaps he was the Anti-Christ?

I like it. And maybe Ash is his first Disciple of Evil, what with the bestiality and dismembering and all. And he deliberately got caught as part of his diabolical plan to get Burned Guy to set himself on fire again. And don't forget that he wants to be a torturer just like Dad.

Share Post

This was just fine. I liked the Chamberlain and Lady Love "joining" forces. She sent in her bro to help too. And I did not see the whole Jesus angle coming. I kind of wish they were a little clearer on that earlier on. 

Chamberlain Bill: Well, since everything's all wrapped up, you wanna do it, Isabel?

Edited by ganesh.

Share Post

Chamberlain Bill: Well, since everything's all wrapped up, you wanna do it, Isabel?

Or alternately: "I've been having unprotected sex with everything that moves. Would you like to share my diseases?"

Share Post

If you go to church, you're protected. 

Seriously though, Isabel stole her scenes in this show. "I'm down, but are you packing?"

Share Post