Small Talk: Who Are You?

The Small Talk topic is for:

• Introductions
  • Off-topic chatter
  • Having virtual tea with forum buddies

This is NOT a topic for actual show discussion. When you want to talk about the show:

• Figure out the nature of the topic you want to talk about
  • Look for an existing topic that matches or fits
  • If there is NOT an existing topic that fits, CREATE ONE!

Examples of topics that populate show forums include (but by no means are limited to):

• Character topics
  • Episode topics
  • Season topics
  • Spoiler topics
  • Speculation topics
  • In the Media topics
  • Favourite X topics
  • ...you get the idea

Happy trails beyond Small Talk!

Share Post

Okay, I'll start. Hi, all, I'm FoolishWanderer from the TWOP forums. But as accurate as that name was, I stopped liking it several years ago. New forum, new name. Othar than that, I have nothing on my mind right now. Anyone else?

Share Post

Hey Joe! Just saying hello - I think the only way I can do small talk is if I'm supposed to be sticking to a topic.

Share Post

Hi! I'm going to try to be better at answering messages here, I'm a terror for not doing it. Especially hard when I checked in here before breakfast. So, what's on my mind right now is cooking. I don't like it. I try to make meals that will last for several days, but still it feels like I spend too much time cooking and not enough time eating. And maybe I should expand my range of recipies. Truth be told, if I had the funds I'd subsist almost entirely upon takeaways. There are several good restaurants within walking distance.

So how does everyone else cope with cooking?

Share Post

I'm Janice.  I am not a morning person, so McDonalds has the job of contemplating my breakfast.  I have no willpower to change, even though I know it is bad for me.

Share Post

I think I've been to Maccas once for breakfast. Not bad, but I'm not planning to repeat the experience. It's one of those things where if I don't have cereal, I feel a bit odd for the rest of the day.

Share Post

I only cook if I'm forced to, and by cook I include boiling things in water and heating them in an oven.  That and frying an egg is as far as I go.  Cooking seems like an utter waste of time to me.  I marvel that anyone has the patience to measure, peel, braise, mash, blend and so on for something they'll spend five minutes eating. I barely have the patience to do a two-step microwave process.

Share Post

My god. I've finally met the one person I'm a better cook than. :) I never thought this day would come. But like I said, I make things to last for several days. I'd like to make it more days, and have a few more recitpies. I have a recepie book, I just don't like most of what's in there. Really just not fun.

Share Post

Howdy all. Breakfast is yogurt, fruit and sometimes eggs from the cafe downstairs. Weekends we do eggs one day, waffles or something similar the next. Have to feed the toddler.

Share Post

I've actually been told I'm a pretty good cook, but the problem is I'm not fond of the physical act of cooking. I'd rather do the least work possible and eat.

Edited by KirkB.

Share Post

I know what you mean. Today I apparently made perfect rice, first time out. However, I didn't put enough with it. Next time, more accessories.

Share Post

Hi, xfuse I have been around forever (same name from TWOP). I get bored easily so I post everywhere and about everything for days, weeks or months and then drop it all because i'm bored and then start the cycle again.

I don't eat breakfast most days even if I know I should. I cook but don't like the clean up. I make perfect instant rice every time(it's so easy) but not long grain but that is ok because I don't like long grain as much and it takes too long to cook.

Share Post

Hey all, Unusual Suspect, same as TWoP. Sad to see the place go, the end of the month is going to be such a "Sleeping in Light" moment.

Anyway, I do like to cook, especially bake. Cakes and cookies, love to do it. Breakfast is scrambled eggs with cheese on toast. And coffee blacker then my soul. :-)

Share Post

Oh, I forgot to actually introduce myself. Name is actually Kirk, and was using it on TWoP too.

I've grown really fond of the slow cooker. You can make some really tasty stuff in it with a minimum of effort.

Share Post

Hello!  peanutbunny here - was peanutbunny at TWOP, too.  I didn't post too much.  I fell in love with this show during its second season.  I got to meet Michael O'Hare, Jerry Doyle, and Bruce Boxleitner once - it was a blast.  I made some good friends, found a place to chat, and met even more people at a con.  I'm definitely not a breakfast person, but when I do, it's usually bacon/eggs/cheese on a toasted bagel. :)

Share Post

Can we also talk about Crusade somewhere? Or the books?

Share Post

Very sad news.  Babylon 5 is one of my all time favorites and I especially liked Garibaldi.  RIP Jerry Doyle.

Share Post

I just found out, have idea how I missed this before. Damn you 2016!

So sad, Garibaldi was my favorite

Share Post

This show has the worst luck. So long Flounder, you will be missed.

Edited by Constant Viewer.

Share Post

As there is no St. Elsewhere thread here, I just wanted to pop in and say RIP to him. That show meant a lot to me. He was a wonderful actor and from what I've read today, a very kind man. I'm so sorry we lost him but he gave us a lot more than he ever knew.

Share Post

Yes, I will miss him.  Early in his appearance on B5, I told my friends that Vir Cotto was Claudius, the unlikely person who would become Emperor.  They said I was crazy.  Heh.

Edited by Driad.

Share Post

This clip is my favorite Vir moment, especially knowing that Mr. Morden eventually got what he deserved  -- Stephen Furst, you will be missed.

Share Post

Well, we know that they will have to recast pretty much everything if they ever make a movie. The show might be as badly snakebit as the cast of Poltergeist.

RIP Stephen. Vir was one of the best acted and developed characters on B5. I loved Flounder in Animal Farm. I was thrilled when I heard that Stephen was directing episodes of B5. He will be missed.

Share Post

13 hours ago, ProfCrash said:

I loved Flounder in Animal Farm.

I think you meant Animal House, but it's all good.  :)

Share Post

9 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

I think you meant Animal House, but it's all good.

LOL you are too right. I have been reading too much news lately and thinking Orwell, damn it.

Share Post

Not sure where to put this but all 5 seasons are now available on Amazon Prime.

Share Post