Robyn Brown: Her Sisterwives Have a Closet!

I'm doing a graveyard cake for my nephew's littles this year. Chocolate cake, white frosting for snow, dig a grave, mound crumbled Oreos for the "dirt" dug out for the mini coffin from the dollar store, skeletons lounging around, wafers for head stones, pretzel sticks for a fence. $10-12 tops, right?

Share Post

What's wrong with buying some cute Halloween treats?

Life is short: Buy the pastries!

Edited by Gothish520.

Share Post

7 hours ago, Gothish520 said:

What's wrong with buying some cute Halloween treats?

Life is short: Buy the pastries!

Gothish, that is the most inspirational thing I have read in a long time. I may have to embroider a pillow with that saying.  "Life is short: By the pastries!" is my new mantra.

Share Post

My inspirational pillow reads "Life is short.  Be fiscally responsible so  you won't have to eat cat food when you retire".

Share Post

If I had one of those pillows it would quote Alice Roosevelt Longworth's pillow: IF YOU CAN’T SAY SOMETHING GOOD ABOUT SOMEONE, SIT RIGHT HERE BY ME.

That inspired me when I was young and I've always tried to live up to her example. ;-)

Share Post

2 hours ago, neh said:

Gothish, that is the most inspirational thing I have read in a long time. I may have to embroider a pillow with that saying.  "Life is short: By the pastries!" is my new mantra.

Aww, thank you! :) I firmly believe there is nothing wrong with indulging in a little treat every once in awhile. I'm not talking about stiffing your bills or skipping a mortgage payment, but you have to live a little.

@Kohola3, if I lived close to you I would take you out for a good cup of coffee and a fancy pastry. But first I'd give you a hug. :)

Share Post

3 hours ago, Gothish520 said:

Aww, thank you! :) I firmly believe there is nothing wrong with indulging in a little treat every once in awhile. I'm not talking about stiffing your bills or skipping a mortgage payment, but you have to live a little.

@Kohola3, if I lived close to you I would take you out for a good cup of coffee and a fancy pastry. But first I'd give you a hug. :)

Gothish, you have changed my life.  As I celebrate my 68th bday, my new guiding principles is :Life is too short: Buy the pastries eat the chocolate!

Share Post

2 hours ago, neh said:

Gothish, you have changed my life.  As I celebrate my 68th bday, my new guiding principles is :Life is too short: Buy the pastries eat the chocolate!

Love it!!!  :D

Share Post

3 hours ago, neh said:

Gothish, I am going to have to make a really big pillow. After thinking about I need it to read "Life is too short: Buy the pastries, eat the chocolate and drink the wine !"

Share Post

1 hour ago, neh said:

Gothish, I am going to have to make a really big pillow. After thinking about I need it to read "Life is too short: Buy the pastries, eat the chocolate and drink the wine !"

Omg, even better! I would buy that pillow!!! :D

Share Post

7 hours ago, neh said:

As I celebrate my 68th bday,

Happy 68th birthday.  Hope you have an enjoyable day.

Share Post

14 hours ago, Gothish520 said:

No need, I have lived a responsible life, ever run up my credit cards to the limit, held a full time job for my entire working career, and have never declared bankruptcy. 

I don't subscribe to the Brown Clown School of Grifting and MLM Schemes and have still had plenty of pastries when I wanted them.  

Share Post

9 hours ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Happy 68th birthday.  Hope you have an enjoyable day.

Thank you, Pickle. I have to say that it is a mystery to me just how I got so old!

Share Post

7 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I can't really argue with that, lol

Share Post

Dear Robyn:  please don't pretend you understand your sister wives, especially Meri.

And, please don't sign up to sell LuLaNo.  Bad enough that two? of your bonus kids and two of your sister wives got sucked into the evil vortex.  You'll have to fake understanding the bitching and moaning when the whole damn pyramid collapses.

Share Post

There's never a right or wrong answer.

Sorry, I beg to differ on that one.  The answer to power over a woman is never rape or abuse.  The answer to hatred and control of gays is never murder.  The answer to supporting some politicians is not to send bombs to those who don't.  There are wrong answers.  

You can't be "open minded" and "understand" or justify some things like racism and white supremacy and "she had it coming".  That's just one of those simple minded platitudes she posts without thinking it through.

Share Post

3 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

Sorry, I beg to differ on that one.  The answer to power over a woman is never rape or abuse.  The answer to hatred and control of gays is never murder.  The answer to supporting some politicians is not to send bombs to those who don't.  There are wrong answers.  

You can't be "open minded" and "understand" or justify some things like racism and white supremacy and "she had it coming".  That's just one of those simple minded platitudes she posts without thinking it through.

I don't think these types of sayings refer to obviously bad, disturbing, or evil things. They refer to the more subtle differences between humans and the intolerance often displayed by some when confronted with those who think differently or behave differently.

Share Post

I'd be more positive about her post if I didn't think she wants the understanding extended towards her, while still maintaining that her way is the One True Way.

Share Post

Just a bland, insipid Hobby Lobby platitude posted by a simple minded woman who sees nothing beyond her own sphere.  I hate those things.  People that use them have no concept of what's happening in the real world.

Share Post

27 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Nice cake!

It is a nice looking cake and kudos to the kid (Brianna?) for putting the effort into researching to fit Wonder Woman/She-Ra's special dietary needs.

Fondant makes a nice smooth topping for a cake and affords the possibility for easy to do decorations...but...does anyone ever eat it?  It tastes like sweet clay to me.

And Robyn, it seems odd that a mother should HOPE that they are always close with their child, you would simply "BE" close.

Share Post

33 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

It is a nice looking cake and kudos to the kid (Brianna?) for putting the effort into researching to fit Wonder Woman/She-Ra's special dietary needs.

Fondant makes a nice smooth topping for a cake and affords the possibility for easy to do decorations...but...does anyone ever eat it?  It tastes like sweet clay to me.

(retired baker/cake decorator)

In my experience commercial fondants are just that...sweet clay.  They have a starchy taste to them and I have never liked to eat them.  Some expensive fondants are more palatable, and I know there is a popular homemade fondant with marshmallows that people rave about but I have never personally tried to make or eat. 

I live (and worked) in an area where $1 a serving for wedding cakes was considered very expensive and home decorators sell cakes for barely the cost of ingredients so I had lots of fondant skills with no customers.  My old boss refused to pay me to "waste" my time with fondant cakes, so it was strictly buttercream.  In a world where every bride to be was bringing in photos of fondant cakes from the internet I became very very good at making buttercream cakes LOOK just like fondant cakes.

However...I'm dying to know what her "sugar free" fondant is made out of.  I don't specialize in allergy or specialty baking, but I have no idea what could give the elasticity, color retention and coverage of that cake in the photo that isn't sugar based.

Share Post

33 minutes ago, Roslyn said:

However...I'm dying to know what her "sugar free" fondant is made out of.

Unsweetened modeling clay?

Share Post

40 minutes ago, Roslyn said:

(retired baker/cake decorator)

In my experience commercial fondants are just that...sweet clay.  They have a starchy taste to them and I have never liked to eat them.  Some expensive fondants are more palatable, and I know there is a popular homemade fondant with marshmallows that people rave about but I have never personally tried to make or eat. 

I live (and worked) in an area where $1 a serving for wedding cakes was considered very expensive and home decorators sell cakes for barely the cost of ingredients so I had lots of fondant skills with no customers.  My old boss refused to pay me to "waste" my time with fondant cakes, so it was strictly buttercream.  In a world where every bride to be was bringing in photos of fondant cakes from the internet I became very very good at making buttercream cakes LOOK just like fondant cakes.

However...I'm dying to know what her "sugar free" fondant is made out of.  I don't specialize in allergy or specialty baking, but I have no idea what could give the elasticity, color retention and coverage of that cake in the photo that isn't sugar based.

Play doh

Share Post

21 hours ago, ginger90 said:

5 pictures 

That was nice of Aurora (that is her name right?).  She has a cute face with good dimples.  I feel for her and her complexion issues.  My niece also struggles with that.  Robyn has really aged being with this group.  

Share Post

2 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

That was nice of Aurora (that is her name right?).  She has a cute face with good dimples.  I feel for her and her complexion issues.  My niece also struggles with that.  Robyn has really aged being with this group.  

I love that cake!

Share Post

Well, I'll give Robyn points for a good pose, straight-on.  She looks too witchy in profile.

It's also nice a couple of her bonus kids are included.  

Yup, Ari does look like half-bro Hunter.  

Where was Truely?

Share Post

2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

8 pictures 

No snark here, those pictures are great! Everyone looks adorable.

Share Post

Why do I think Robyn was recognized by a SW watcher, and they gave her the bouquet for mentioning their store online?  Is this type of thing common nowadays?

Here's to being old and out of touch.

Share Post

1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

Why do I think Robyn was recognized by a SW watcher, and they gave her the bouquet for mentioning their store online?  Is this type of thing common nowadays?

Here's to being old and out of touch.

If Robyn didn't even wash her face before dashing out, I doubt that she brushed her teeth either.  The flower shop proprietor probably thrust the bouquet on her and said...get the hell outa here, you're smelling up the place.

Share Post

A bouquet like that costs a bundle from a florist and is easily available in grocery store floral departments for a half or a third less. Will their special someones be getting nice things after the income from the show poofs? Maybe they're investing wisely, because the future. LOL

Share Post

4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Robyn sure looked better as a deer...

Share Post

Who doesn't wash their makeup off at night?  Usually.  I realize there are extenuating circumstances, but, geesh, really?

Share Post

I have to say that right now Robyn seems the most "normal" of all the Browns.

Share Post

Well, she is the one with the husband.  At the moment, anyway.

Share Post