Jump to content

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

It almost looks like the pink and the turquoise dress are the same style, just different colors and - obviously - sizes.  One has a belt.  One does not.  Both are out of style. 

And Meri . . . you should take off your pajamas and bathrobe and run a comb through your hair before posing for a picture with the owners of the company.

6 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Did they cover all the mirrors on the ship?

What's really sad is that these people think they look good in these clothes!!!!

7

Share Post


Link to post

Meri looks awfully happy in the photo.  She rarely looks that relaxed on the show...ever.

7

Share Post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, neh said:

Meri looks awfully happy in the photo.  She rarely looks that relaxed on the show...ever.

I noticed that too, especially the relaxed attitude.  Compare that to her demeanor in the TH, where she sits, eyes downcast, barely speaking and the constant bouncing leg. 

I'm sure she is in her element, away from the "family" and as she has enjoyed some degree of success with LLR, she is validated there and feels she counts for something.

11

Share Post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Meghzie said:

That dress looks like one I was forced to wear as an 6 year old, and I cut the ruffle part of the sleeves off. 

Why does Meri insist on continuing to wear mustard yellow? Guess she's never seen the memo: It doesn't work with ruddy skin and brassy hair!

10

Share Post


Link to post
33 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

I noticed that too, especially the relaxed attitude.  Compare that to her demeanor in the TH, where she sits, eyes downcast, barely speaking and the constant bouncing leg. 

I'm sure she is in her element, away from the "family" and as she has enjoyed some degree of success with LLR, she is validated there and feels she counts for something.

"Living her Why" or some such crap.  When will the MLM LulaNo bubble burst, I wonder?

Meri ought to move to Utah and help mama run her "ancestral home."  Surely she could have a wet bar put somewhere in that house.

6

Share Post


Link to post

That dress is so awful looking. Big old ruffles hanging from obvious horizontal seams, done in a knit that shows every bump and bulge ... it adds at least fifteen pounds to your appearance. It actually looks more like a nightgown, especially in the colors/pattern shown. But it is too ugly to even wear to bed. Those ruffles!

6

Share Post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

That dress is so awful looking. Big old ruffles hanging from obvious horizontal seams, done in a knit that shows every bump and bulge ... it adds at least fifteen pounds to your appearance. It actually looks more like a nightgown, especially in the colors/pattern shown. But it is too ugly to even wear to bed. Those ruffles!

Pepto Bismol dress. Nausea-heartburn-indigestion-upsetstomach-diarrhea.

Edited by TurtlePower.
8

Share Post


Link to post

My sister told me yesterday that she was shopping at Goodwill and came across a Luluroe item. She got to chatting with the cashier who told her they are receiving huge dumps of unworn clothing as the dealers go out of business one after another. 

Which reminds me, a few months ago in Edmonds, WA I saw a bus - like, a lovely tour bus - professionally and very attractively wrapped to advertise a particular LLR distributor. I wonder if she just made a huge initial investment with high hopes or if she actually is/was wildly successful. 

7

Share Post


Link to post
55 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

"Living her Why" or some such crap.  When will the MLM LulaNo bubble burst, I wonder?

Meri ought to move to Utah and help mama run her "ancestral home."  Surely she could have a wet bar put somewhere in that house.

It’s definitely got a leak. People are jumping ship quickly. And the owners apparently are terrible people, with more than just terrible taste. 

6

Share Post


Link to post
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Agree that Meri needs to ditch the mustard yellow - a nice deep pink/red or royal blue would help tone down the sallowness. As would an ash-toned hair color vs that brassy blonde. Picture her with light or medium ash brown hair and a magenta top - world of difference!

Chick with the pink dress - if your clothes are clingy, please wear a seamless bra.

The dress looks better on Meri's friend - but those pastel colors aren't helping anyone. With her dark hair, a deep jewel-tone would look much more flattering.

6

Share Post


Link to post

Looks like Lizzie's has disappeared from VRBO and the only two reviews are still the gushy ones from the mother/daughter pair in January.  And this is the peak of the ski season where you'd assume they'd be getting some business.  Of course, if you go to VRBO there are tons of cheaper and more appealing places both in Parowan and closer to the ski area.

Guess we don't need to be too concerned about Granny being overworked with all that cooking and cleaning.

11

Share Post


Link to post

Those horrible leggings must be a thing now-there is a kiosk in my local mall that sells ugly print leggings (not Lularoe) and there are people lined up buy leggings with sparkly kittens and flying saucers on them! I agree Meri looks happy in the picture. I wish she and Kody would just call it quits. In regard to the catfish stuff: I don't agree Meri cheated ( and don't want to rehash or argue about that) but if she did and Kody agreed to still be 'married', they need to move beyond that. If your spouse cheats and you decide to stay married, you can't continue to bring it up and expect to have a happy marriage. 

I honestly don't see Kody as being close to or happy with any of his wives. Janelle and Christine seem medicated to me, Meri looks depressed and Robyn seems like she is gathering up help from her family to possibly leave one day. 

2

Share Post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Gothish520 said:

Chick with the pink dress - if your clothes are clingy, please wear a seamless bra.

That's an owner...

4

Share Post


Link to post
35 minutes ago, Almost 3000 said:

That's an owner...

My advice still stands!

2

Share Post


Link to post

I was going to say that I'm sure her bestie is a good person, and teal/turquoise/blues are my favorite colors, but that dress is horrid. 

1

Share Post


Link to post
23 hours ago, Gothish520 said:

Agree that Meri needs to ditch the mustard yellow - a nice deep pink/red or royal blue would help tone down the sallowness. As would an ash-toned hair color vs that brassy blonde. Picture her with light or medium ash brown hair and a magenta top - world of difference!

Chick with the pink dress - if your clothes are clingy, please wear a seamless bra.

The dress looks better on Meri's friend - but those pastel colors aren't helping anyone. With her dark hair, a deep jewel-tone would look much more flattering.

Yes! Been thinking that for years. All Meri needs to do is go to her nearest Sally Beauty, pick up some Wella Color Charm toner and she'd be on the road to ash-toned hair. It would really be an improvement, especially with her skin tone.

Just tryin' to help, Meri. 

6

Share Post


Link to post

The mistake Meri is making is that she is trying to dye her hair the same color it naturally was when she was 20 years old. But that color doesn't suit her any longer. As you age you need to adapt your color to your changing complexion and hairstyle and ... everything.  

By now she should be plugged into an ashy champagne blonde with a few low lights and leave that gingery-red stuff that just looks brassy on her on the shelf! 

8

Share Post


Link to post
49 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

The mistake Meri is making is that she is trying to dye her hair the same color it naturally was when she was 20 years old. But that color doesn't suit her any longer. As you age you need to adapt your color to your changing complexion and hairstyle and ... everything.  

By now she should be plugged into an ashy champagne blonde with a few low lights and leave that gingery-red stuff that just looks brassy on her on the shelf! 

She should also ditch the tanners or whatever she is using on her face for that orange glow, it just draws attention to the brown tooth.

9

Share Post


Link to post
20 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

Those horrible leggings must be a thing now-there is a kiosk in my local mall that sells ugly print leggings (not Lularoe) and there are people lined up buy leggings with sparkly kittens and flying saucers on them! I agree Meri looks happy in the picture. I wish she and Kody would just call it quits. In regard to the catfish stuff: I don't agree Meri cheated ( and don't want to rehash or argue about that) but if she did and Kody agreed to still be 'married', they need to move beyond that. If your spouse cheats and you decide to stay married, you can't continue to bring it up and expect to have a happy marriage. 

I honestly don't see Kody as being close to or happy with any of his wives. Janelle and Christine seem medicated to me, Meri looks depressed and Robyn seems like she is gathering up help from her family to possibly leave one day. 

This requires the person who committed the transgression to be honest, admit their transgression, and take ownership of it. Meri is 0 for 3, and I can't blame Kody for not moving beyond it. Of course, if it were me, there would be much more dire consequences; I would probably have simply cut Meri loose.

Edited by MrSmith.
13

Share Post


Link to post
32 minutes ago, MrSmith said:

This requires the person who committed the transgression to be honest, admit their transgression, and take ownership of it. Meri is 0 for 3, and I can't blame Kody for not moving beyond it. Of course, if it were me, there would be much more dire consequences; I would probably have simply cut Meri loose.

Figuratively, he did cut her loose, but Meri keeps swimming around the empty line, hoping to get snagged and landed back in the Love Boat.

11

Share Post


Link to post
23 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

Figuratively, he did cut her loose, but Meri keeps swimming around the empty line, hoping to get snagged and landed back in the Love Boat.

You mean she's trolling chatrooms and message boards?!??  (Ha ha, couldn't resist!)

7

Share Post


Link to post

Her trolls on twitter are just horrible, one had a harassment restraining order charged against her (dropped) but still continues harassing people on twitter and taking it into real life stalking. The catfish had her Lindsay twitter suspended for tweeting info (address) about the woman who pressed charges on her. The entire thing is crazy. If meri were truly wanting to help victims she would take her legal team and shut Jacksam down, she just wanted the story line/ratings. Sad state of mustard yellow 

On 2/17/2018 at 6:22 PM, Kohola3 said:

Yep, nothing says LuLaNo like a man's face in your crotch.

Or a catfish's?

4

Share Post


Link to post
5 hours ago, MrSmith said:

This requires the person who committed the transgression to be honest, admit their transgression, and take ownership of it. Meri is 0 for 3, and I can't blame Kody for not moving beyond it.

I totally agree. And it extends far beyond just Kody...I think there's some lingering resentment from her sister wives, and from Mariah, because Meri wouldn't own up to ANY of the 3 things you mentioned. Hell, even viewers might even respect her a bit more if she owned up to it, instead of STILL, after all this time, playing the "victim" of the evil catfisher. Yes, JO is an evil and dangerously disturbed person - no question about that. But Meri refuses to own up to the actions she took when she believed she was interacting with a man.

It's very difficult to forgive a person who won't admit they did anything wrong. She doesn't have to admit to "cheating", but she could at least say to her family "the conversations I had were inappropriate, they caused you to be embarrassed, and I'm sorry." But she just won't do it.

15

Share Post


Link to post
9 hours ago, Sasha888 said:

I totally agree. And it extends far beyond just Kody...I think there's some lingering resentment from her sister wives, and from Mariah, because Meri wouldn't own up to ANY of the 3 things you mentioned. Hell, even viewers might even respect her a bit more if she owned up to it, instead of STILL, after all this time, playing the "victim" of the evil catfisher. Yes, JO is an evil and dangerously disturbed person - no question about that. But Meri refuses to own up to the actions she took when she believed she was interacting with a man.

It's very difficult to forgive a person who won't admit they did anything wrong. She doesn't have to admit to "cheating", but she could at least say to her family "the conversations I had were inappropriate, they caused you to be embarrassed, and I'm sorry." But she just won't do it.

Completely agree with your post, especially the bold part. Her conversations were at least inappropriate and she should take responsibility for her part in that.

10

Share Post


Link to post
On February 14, 2018 at 9:35 PM, tabloidlover said:

She really should not shop for her own shoes.   They are always ass ugly and they never match the look she is going for.  

I think those are the kind of shoes lulu actually encourages everyone to wear with the outfits. The models are always photographed in those kind of clodhoppers with the flowing, shapeless vests and flowered sloppy dresses. 

I actually think this cruise think is great marketing. I bet Meri makes a lot of sales from her posts, and the cruise would sound appealing to a lot of people. Women in a sisterhood, wearing fun new clothes, on a fun cruise, accepting one another and having a great time doing it. I think there are tons of lonely people who would find this whole pitch very desirable...it's very aspirational..."make great new loving friends, make a lot of money from home, look great doing it, go on a cruise!" Throw in Meri propagandizing that all of this fabulosity is because she now hocks lulu, and I can see many people wanting to get in on it. She wears these rags relentlessly. She should have worn all the ugly sisterwives joory during the height of the website opening. They all should have! They have a free commercial every week via their train wreck show. That would reach all their sycophants. That's how you market a product. Maybe even done a sisterwives cruise...I bet the cruise ship would give them a percentage from the losers that booked it through sisterwives....

Edited by VedaPierce.
5

Share Post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, VedaPierce said:

...I bet the cruise ship would give them a percentage from the losers that booked it through sisterwives....

Or at the very least give Meri free passage for bringing all her baggage (family...but I liked the rhyme).

6

Share Post


Link to post
On February 17, 2018 at 7:21 PM, Meghzie said:

The LLR owner/designer put their faces on their Christmas clothing last year... thought you’d all enjoy it. 

C142DEB4-F7B8-4E0D-A7D9-904A76B647F1.jpeg

0E528378-14FB-4494-9D21-61C6F97D23E7.jpeg

This is insane. 

10

Share Post


Link to post

There has to be a pharmaceutical explanation for these "designers" to dream up these hideous, ugly-ass prints that I would not even wear in my house!  

Insane and then some.  Just the stuff nightmares are made of.

8

Share Post


Link to post
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

There has to be a pharmaceutical explanation for these "designers" to dream up these hideous, ugly-ass prints that I would not even wear in my house!  

LOL, absolutely!!! This stuff is so fugly I wouldn't even wear it as pajamas.

You know how sometimes you see people at the grocery store and they are obviously wearing their pajamas and slippers in public? Well, LuLaNo is actually making those people look stylish!

A whole cruise ship full of them would burn my retinas beyond repair.

10

Share Post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, Sasha888 said:

A whole cruise ship full of them would burn my retinas beyond repair.

I saw just one on a cruise, and I took a picture because it was the first LLR I'd seen by worn by a middle-aged person on a cruise ship.  If I continue to live a good life, maybe it will be the last.

9

Share Post


Link to post
16 hours ago, Sasha888 said:

I totally agree. And it extends far beyond just Kody...I think there's some lingering resentment from her sister wives, and from Mariah, because Meri wouldn't own up to ANY of the 3 things you mentioned. Hell, even viewers might even respect her a bit more if she owned up to it, instead of STILL, after all this time, playing the "victim" of the evil catfisher. Yes, JO is an evil and dangerously disturbed person - no question about that. But Meri refuses to own up to the actions she took when she believed she was interacting with a man.

It's very difficult to forgive a person who won't admit they did anything wrong. She doesn't have to admit to "cheating", but she could at least say to her family "the conversations I had were inappropriate, they caused you to be embarrassed, and I'm sorry." But she just won't do it.

This has been my hypothesis on their strained relationship since this thing happened. Meri has never apologized for her part. All she's done is deflect blame--she was "tricked", you know? It's the elephant in the room and no one in that family is ever truly going to heal because Meri won't admit she played a big role in her relationship with Batsam. So who's fault is it? 

* It's "Sam's" fault

* It's Kody's fault, he'd been distant

* It's the family's fault

But then she said she was "protecting" the family by "staying away", I just can't with her. I actually would respect her more if she owned up to it, but she never will. Her life, her lies, her unhappiness. 

Edited by TurtlePower.
14

Share Post


Link to post
21 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

I saw just one on a cruise, and I took a picture because it was the first LLR I'd seen by worn by a middle-aged person on a cruise ship.  If I continue to live a good life, maybe it will be the last.

I saw that pic you posted....arghhhhh! You poor thing. Here's hoping it's the last time it happens to you!

LuLaNo is the worst fashion trend I've seen in a looooong time...and in junior high, I lived through stirrup pants. If LuLaNo is "female empowerment" and "living your why", I'll continue to live without empowerment and live my "won't", thank you very much.

12

Share Post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

This has been my hypothesis on their strained relationship since this thing happened. Meri has never apologized for her part. All she's done is deflect blame--she was "tricked", you know? It's the elephant in the room and no one in that family is ever truly going to heal because Meri won't admit she played a big role in her relationship with Batsam. So who's fault is it? 

* It's "Sam's" fault

* It's Kody's fault, he'd been distant

* It's the family's fault

But then she said she was "protecting" the family by "staying away", I just can't with her. I actually would respect her more if she owned up to it, but she never will. Her life, her lies, her unhappiness. 

Another bullet point!!  Don't forget that she also blamed her social media fans for being caught in the catfish trap!!  After the divorce they were all telling her to run run away and get out of there...so literally everyone else is at fault.  Except. You know...Meri!!

16

Share Post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

But then she said she was "protecting" the family by "staying away", I just can't with her.

OMG yes, this may have been the part that floored me the most (and there were so many things to be floored about) - protecting the family by staying away? BS. She was pulling away because she was preparing to leave with what she thought was her handsome millionaire.

Anyone who can twist that into "I was protecting you" has some serious mental issues to overcome. 

Perhaps the scariest part of her behavior is I sometimes think she actually believes her own lies.

15

Share Post


Link to post
29 minutes ago, Sasha888 said:

Perhaps the scariest part of her behavior is I sometimes think she actually believes her own lies.

At her level of reordering her past memories so that she is in no way to blame...yes.  She has to.

The old saying,  Tell a lie long enough and it becomes truth.

13

Share Post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Sasha888 said:

I saw that pic you posted....arghhhhh! You poor thing. Here's hoping it's the last time it happens to you!

LuLaNo is the worst fashion trend I've seen in a looooong time...and in junior high, I lived through stirrup pants. If LuLaNo is "female empowerment" and "living your why", I'll continue to live without empowerment and live my "won't", thank you very much.

I don't  know, I think the "style  " of men/boys wearing  their pants half  way down their bu** is beyond  the pale .Drives me nuts  every time I see it.

10

Share Post


Link to post
25 minutes ago, crazycatlady58 said:

I don't  know, I think the "style  " of men/boys wearing  their pants half  way down their bu** is beyond  the pale .Drives me nuts  every time I see it.

Ha, yes that's pretty bad too. My Dad used to say they were wearing their pants at half mast.

5

Share Post


Link to post
30 minutes ago, crazycatlady58 said:

I don't  know, I think the "style  " of men/boys wearing  their pants half  way down their bu** is beyond  the pale .Drives me nuts  every time I see it.

Whenever I see people at the mall with their jeans all ripped and almost showing their "naughty bits," I'm tempted to say to them (with a really sad face) "Oh you poor thing . . . having to wear those really worn out jeans.  You must be SO POOR if that's all you can afford."

So far, I have refrained, as I am old and can't run.

2 minutes ago, Sasha888 said:

Ha, yes that's pretty bad too. My Dad used to say they were wearing their pants at half mast.

"Pants on the ground, pants on the ground.

You're lookin' like a fool with your pants on the ground."

8

Share Post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Whenever I see people at the mall with their jeans all ripped and almost showing their "naughty bits," I'm tempted to say to them (with a really sad face) "Oh you poor thing . . . having to wear those really worn out jeans.  You must be SO POOR if that's all you can afford."

So far, I have refrained, as I am old and can't run.

"Pants on the ground, pants on the ground.

You're lookin' like a fool with your pants on the ground."

Cut off jean shorts that look like bikini bottoms with pockets that go 6 inches longer and a giant cell phone shoved in them is my fav trend. 

Now I have that song stuck in my head!

8

Share Post


Link to post
16 hours ago, crazycatlady58 said:

I don't  know, I think the "style  " of men/boys wearing  their pants half  way down their bu** is beyond  the pale .Drives me nuts  every time I see it.

Oh my God, yes. I'm very fortunate that these individuals don't end up spending much time in my presence. If they did, I would probably fail my save against pulling their pants down. It's an almost irresistible urge as it is.

Edited by MrSmith. Reason: Forgot which thread I was in...
4

Share Post


Link to post
1 hour ago, MrSmith said:

Oh my God, yes. I'm very fortunate that these individuals don't end up spending much time in my presence. If they did, I would probably fail my save against pulling their pants down. It's an almost irresistible urge as it is.

My urge in the past was to have scissors and cut off those Gawd awful rat tails!  The guys had short hair and then a foot long strand of hairs hanging down in back.  EGADS!!   Just the memory is making my hands reach out for scissors!!!

8

Share Post


Link to post
On 2/18/2018 at 9:02 AM, Tabbygirl521 said:

My sister told me yesterday that she was shopping at Goodwill and came across a Luluroe item. She got to chatting with the cashier who told her they are receiving huge dumps of unworn clothing as the dealers go out of business one after another. 

Which reminds me, a few months ago in Edmonds, WA I saw a bus - like, a lovely tour bus - professionally and very attractively wrapped to advertise a particular LLR distributor. I wonder if she just made a huge initial investment with high hopes or if she actually is/was wildly successful. 

I know Goodwill is where my gifted brand new LuLaRoe Disney shirt went.  

8

Share Post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

I know Goodwill is where my gifted brand new LuLaRoe Disney shirt went.  

It really baffles me that some women are scrambling to get LuLaNo, practically fighting over it and thinking they've made some big score when they get the piece they want...while most of us on this board think it's not only overpriced and poor quality, but HIDEOUS. 

Guess I'll just have to chalk it up as one more thing in the world that I'll never understand!

14

Share Post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Sasha888 said:

It really baffles me that some women are scrambling to get LuLaNo, practically fighting over it and thinking they've made some big score when they get the piece they want...while most of us on this board think it's not only overpriced and poor quality, but HIDEOUS. 

Guess I'll just have to chalk it up as one more thing in the world that I'll never understand!

Same here.  I don’t know anyone who wears or sells it, but if those pictures above of the scary faces are representative, I have no words. 

I should clarify that right now I’m wearing a 25-year-old Pearl Jam T-shirt with a hole in the armpit and a pair of my husband’s sweatpants, so I am in no position to judge. 

Edited by Jazzhands.
9

Share Post


Link to post

My issue with leggings in general is a lack of pockets. I do have a pair of jeggings from Hollister - $25, back pockets, and don't break out in holes when washed. 

1

Share Post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now