Mariah Brown: The Only Planet I'm Applying to is Westminster College

5 hours ago, LilWharveyGal said:

Though I am intrigued by, "Grief is Horny."  Say wha??

Gotta do it...#griefishorny

See also...#hashtaggingisnthard #ijustateicecreamfromthecartonsothecaloriesdontcount #thebrownsarenowherenearascuteandcleverastheythinktheyare

Share Post

Now I get it!  Thx @Kohola3.  That fits.

Spellcheck is a pain when trying to type Christine's kids' names.

Yup, Mariah has a WAY too high opinion of herself.  She's neither cute, nor clever.  Artsy-fartsy, and not in a good way.

Share Post

On 11/1/2018 at 4:09 AM, ginger90 said:

Meri chimes in:

lularoemeribrown @mariahbrwn our friend the yoga instructor told me again the other day he still thinks you should teach, you have that yoga energy about you! :)

I despise the "artistic" trend of photographs of feet. I've seen this all over for the last 5-10 years and I don't want to see bare feet! Why ruin a beautiful picture of the ocean by blocking it with feet?! Your face, fine, but decades from now your offspring's offspring will not be viewing family photos and say, "Oh, look! It's great grandma!! I'd know those feet anywhere!"  Sorry, this is a big pet peeve of mine #itstroublinghowirritatedigetaboutfeetphotography

See, I can hashtag too!

Regarding the upthread discussion on hair colour: I colour (read: cover the ever spreading silver) a dark brown, which is very close to my natural colour. I'm also so pale that I joke about being a vampire. It was only in the last five years or so when makeup brands have been expanding their colour ranges that I have actually found foundations in a few brands that match my skin. I've always had to buy the lightest colour and those weren't light enough until some higher end brands started carrying shades of "snow" and "porcelain". So, I have really dark hair, porcelain snow vampire skin, and green eyes. I wear black nearly exclusively, not as a fashion statement per say but I just started about ten years ago after my pancreatic cancer and my dad dying (RIP, beloved Daddy--he died ten years ago on the 18th, which also happens to be my oldest daughter's birthday; November is a mixed bag for me). It's not to be morbid or anything and it wasn't a conscious decision; I like remembering Johnny Cash wore all black, too. Yeah, I'm a weirdo. 

Has anyone seen the British comedy "Are You Being Served?"? You have to appreciate British humour to enjoy it, but the character Mrs Slocum always has brightly coloured hair--purple, pink, blue, green, yellow--any colour you can imagine. The actress dyed her hair for the part for the first season, but it fried her hair so badly it just broke apart. After the first season, she wore wigs but I always laugh when she walks in with a new colour. 

Share Post

Why does she think this mundane detail is worthy of a post?  Next we'll be hearing about her buying toilet paper at her local market.

Share Post

Mariah has led us to believe that she was most grateful to have Audge in her life.  Make up your mind Mariah, is coffee or Audge your "fave thing".

Share Post

Sweet Jesus. That's it. Coffee? Not her family, her health, her opportunities, her education? That girl really needs to re-evaluate her priorities.

Share Post

Did you know that there's a photo of Mariah in the dictionary? Look up "pretentious."

Share Post

12 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Why does she think this mundane detail is worthy of a post?  Next we'll be hearing about her buying toilet paper at her local market.

I think that Mariah is trying to impress whomever with the fact that she made her coffee using a French Press. I cannot not believe how sophisticated she has become....😏

Share Post

16 minutes ago, neh said:

I think that Mariah is trying to impress whomever with the fact that she made her coffee using a French Press. I cannot not believe how sophisticated she has become....😏

Next post we can expect to see photos of the Organic Fair Trade Coffee beans she has specifically roasted and ground to her cultivated palate.  Purchased at her fave Chi-town Bean Boutique.

Edited by Sandy W.

Share Post

She comes off like a prototypical hillbilly rube who was determined to reinvent herself in the big city. Which was admirable until she drove past substance, ended up at desperation, put it in Park, looked around and said "Here is where I will live my why." Hey grrl, we see what you did ... 

Share Post

Dear Mariah:

"An ounce of pretentious is worth a pound of manure." (credit to whomever said it in Steel Magnolias, with a slight modification.)  Seriously, I'm not impressed one iota.

Share Post

20 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Yes, yes - the French press is important, but behold the artful placement of the glasses and the carefully arranged, yet not intrusive, location of the iPad!  This is artistry at its best!  Do you think those glasses got there by themselves?  It probably took Mariah ages to craft this scenario to demonstrate how important we must think she is...how smart...how cultured!  And let us not forget - the pour...have you ever tried to take a picture with one hand whilst pouring a hot beverage with the other?  This is not easy, you peasants.  Many kudos to Mariah.  This photo allows me to see deep into her soul.  She is smart.  She is passionate.  She is deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep.

/rant

Edited by laurakaye.

Share Post

I'm surprised she didn't look up the French words for this artful post, and amaze her hordes of fans/worshippers with her mastery of another language.

Better up your pretentiousness, Mariah.  You're slipping.

Share Post

1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

Yes, yes - the French press is important, but behold the artful placement of the glasses and the carefully arranged, yet not intrusive, location of the iPad!  This is artistry at its best!  Do you think those glasses got there by themselves?  It probably took Mariah ages to craft this scenario to demonstrate how important we must think she is...how smart...how cultured!  And let us not forget - the pour...have you ever tried to take a picture with one hand whilst pouring a hot beverage with the other?  This is not easy, you peasants.  Many kudos to Mariah.  This photo allows me to see deep into her soul.  She is smart.  She is passionate.  She is deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep.

/rant

LOL.  Inane and pretentious though she is, perhaps she could teach Janelle some of the finer points of photography.  Janelle's pictures SUCK.  Use your powers for good, Mariah!

Share Post

3 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Dear Mariah:

"An ounce of pretentious is worth a pound of manure." (credit to whomever said it in Steel Magnolias, with a slight modification.)  Seriously, I'm not impressed one iota.

Dolly/Truvy in that movie, offering to buy a pair of shoes from Olympia/Clairee: "What size you wear?" Well, in a good shoe I wear a size 6 but a 7 feels so good I buy a size 8." "They're 8 and a half." "Perfect."

I wear a 9 and a couple times at a picnic when someone asked me what size I said "6." I LOL after they pretended not to goggle at my feet, because one of us damn sure needed an eye exam, while trying to hide their goggling. Good times. 

Share Post

It's one of my all-time favorite movies.  I was cursed with big feet, and the smallest size I could say I wear would be a 9, which would be a lie :)

But, here's a big plus:  my 60-something feet look great in sandals compared to foot-picture-in-Birks Mariah.  I don't remember who said it here, but an astute poster likened Mariah's feet to Fred Flintstone, which was a spot-on description.

Share Post

mariahbrwn #chicago #chicagoblogger#everydaywellness #chicagowellness#wellnessblogger #podcast #podcastblog#chitown #chicagoland#chicagowellnessblogger

Here’s the “link in bio” 

https://l.instagram.com/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fmariahlianbrown.com%2F&e=ATO2lpOj0xWC0LKkm5JR1e5HuAuv0VUSUHNC3Qrp6_mtLqi0tWv2vzqqBCvz_zxG-rE2R-WK

Description on the blog:

Mariah is a wellness blogger based out of Chicago, IL. As a current masters student at Loyola University Chicago, Mariah is studying Social Work and Social Justice. Mariah hopes to share accessible content about wellness, intersectionality, and inclusivity.

Share Post

So two of the fattest people in the Brown family are now fitness bloggers?  Uh, okay.

We know Janelle fills her blog space pontificating about how difficult her life is, but I'm guessing Mariah will fill hers with how wonderful she is and how great her life is.  Maybe if the two blogs were merged, the result might be something people could read without wanting to scream and rip out their hair by the roots.

Share Post

Hi friends! I’ve started a blog + have added a few new posts to it! I just posted about podcasts (my one true love) 

I thought coffee was her one true love, maybe followed by Audrey.  Is she third now?

Share Post

I wasted about 2 minutes trying to figure out what the hell I was supposed to be seeing in that photo. I didn't feel especially relieved or rewarded when I figured out it was a big belly/armpit/up the nostrils shot. 

Share Post

I thought at first we were looking at her bare backside.  Bizarre picture.

Share Post

The plant in the foreground looked very healthy.

Share Post

1 hour ago, neh said:

The plant in the foreground looked very healthy.

Don't give her any more ideas!  The next thing you know she'll be pushing her horticulture blog.  Any experience she has participated in more than once, she is an instant expert.

Share Post

13 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

Don't give her any more ideas!  The next thing you know she'll be pushing her horticulture blog.  Any experience she has participated in more than once, she is an instant expert.

#plantwellness #chicagoplantwellness #gaychicagoplantwellness #gradschoolgaychicagoplantwellness #gradschoolgaychicagoplantwellnessblogger

Share Post

25 minutes ago, LilWharveyGal said:

#plantwellness #chicagoplantwellness #gaychicagoplantwellness #gradschoolgaychicagoplantwellness #gradschoolgaychicagoplantwellnessblogger

You all are so funny! I look forward to reading the comments every day!

Share Post

#aintiaspecialsnowflake #imingradschoolandyourenot #nienernienerniener #ilovemyself #anythingucandoicandobetter 

Share Post

I am just trying to imagine the conversation that went on between Mariah and Audge when it came to staging this particularly stupid "artful" photo.  How did Mariah decide which yoga pose to strike?  Why did she choose one that showed not only her armpit, but her belly (which, in that unfocused light, looked less than toned - and this is coming from someone whose belly is also less than toned, which is precisely why I would not make it the focal point of a photo for public consumption, just saying).  How did the plant come into play?  Whose idea was it to take the photo from amongst the leaves?  Why not unfocus the plant and focus on our fave hip bloggeress?  How many photos did poor Audge have to take before Mariah deemed this one (weirdly) acceptable?  Don't they both have homework they should be working on?

As a staunch member of the Get Off My Lawn Club, these are the vapid, useless questions that burn up my valuable brain neurons whenever I see the youngsters posting photos like this one.  Clearly it's posed, staged, and filtered to within a fraction of what it really looks like.  To take that much time crafting something stupid like this for social media is something I just don't get.  At all.

Share Post

2 hours ago, laurakaye said:

I am just trying to imagine the conversation that went on between Mariah and Audge when it came to staging this particularly stupid "artful" photo.  How did Mariah decide which yoga pose to strike?  Why did she choose one that showed not only her armpit, but her belly (which, in that unfocused light, looked less than toned - and this is coming from someone whose belly is also less than toned, which is precisely why I would not make it the focal point of a photo for public consumption, just saying).  How did the plant come into play?  Whose idea was it to take the photo from amongst the leaves?  Why not unfocus the plant and focus on our fave hip bloggeress?  How many photos did poor Audge have to take before Mariah deemed this one (weirdly) acceptable?  Don't they both have homework they should be working on?

As a staunch member of the Get Off My Lawn Club, these are the vapid, useless questions that burn up my valuable brain neurons whenever I see the youngsters posting photos like this one.  Clearly it's posed, staged, and filtered to within a fraction of what it really looks like.  To take that much time crafting something stupid like this for social media is something I just don't get.  At all.

You are far from alone, fellow GOML clubber.  Dear Audge needs a Photography 101 class yesterday.

I'm mystified by posts such as this.  One reason I'm rarely on social media.  Vapid and then some.

Share Post