Spoiler Discussion Thread

Softer approach = "people apparently hated it so much that the showrunners were fired so now NTA are going to be the biggest cheerleaders of OTA and be supporting to them"

or at least that's how I take it. Being vague usually means that they have no answers so far which means not much focus on them in 701.

Edited by way2interested.

Share Post

I still need to see a whole lot of apologizing from NTA to OTA on-screen. Which I know we won’t get. Ever. Ugh. 

Share Post

10 hours ago, way2interested said:

Softer approach = "people apparently hated it so much that the showrunners were fired so now NTA are going to be the biggest cheerleaders of OTA and be supporting to them"

or at least that's how I take it. Being vague usually means that they have no answers so far which means not much focus on them in 701.

Why would MG be fired from LoT after a successful season over a lackluster Arrow? 

But I think the whole NTA/OTA thing just plateaued by the end of S6 and the only way to go was down so I think the two teams would start to get back to a new softer normal then the two hating each other.   

Share Post

I think the biggest problem will be that NTA did not face any consequences for all the things they pulled throughout the season. Even the finale talks with Dinah and Rene didnt helped much for the case of NTA. 

And seems the audiences disapproval of NTA was big enough to cause showrunners and the WB to course correct in s7. 

Edited by Velocity23.

Share Post

13 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

Why would MG be fired from LoT after a successful season over a lackluster Arrow?

Idk exactly why but he technically was? Only sticking around in name for both shows doesn't really strike me as they were ok with keeping him around. Could be that overall attitude for IPs went down for characters they were hoping could carry Arrow after SA left and, now with a public acknowledgement that people weren't on board because of MG's and WM's ideas, they decided to cut ties with the people who caused the problem. Maybe cutting ties with MG on Arrow also meant having to cut ties with him on LoT if that was a packaged deal and they figured that the benefits were worth the costs.

Share Post

Remorse and a softer approach? Too little too late, I'm afraid. The newbies can choke as far as I'm concerned. If they'd suffered any consequences for their actions I might feel differently but they behaved like assholes and the only people suffering after S6 are the ones who didn't do anything wrong - Felicity and William. And Oliver of course. So unfair.

Share Post

2 hours ago, Velocity23 said:

And seems the audiences disapproval of NTA was big enough to cause showrunners and the WB to course correct in s7. 

The tone of the responses seem to have changed but I'll believe a course correction when I actually see it on the show. And I'm with folks here who think remorse and a soft approach are both too little and too late.

Share Post

Would it be enough if they acknowledged at the start of the season that their actions had contributed to the situation Oliver was in and expressed remorse? Anything more than that would be out of character.

Or should the whole fight just get ignored?

Because unfortunately it looks like they're staying on the show.

Edited by statsgirl.

Share Post

I would be less hostile, at least, toward the newbies if they acknowledged their fault in the split - or at a minimum acknowledged a role in the split. Then they should all say much much less and never EVER say anything negative about Oliver again. 

I might then be willing to give them a chance to start to earn my neutral regard for them. Maybe.

Share Post

Those NTA self-righteous assholes hacked Digg's chip among other asshole moves. They are dead to me. 

Share Post

I might be ... slightly accepting (not happy about) if they at least remember what they did, like hacking Diggle’s chip and causing him pain, instead of acting like it never happened (like with Curtis feeding Felicity tracking nanites without her knowledge). 

Share Post

For me, having them expressing some remorse won’t make me love them, but I could maybe tolerate them being with the team in some capacity (preferably in the background) if they’re keeping them on the show. 

The way they left it, Dinah and Rene barely apologised, while Curtis never apologised at all, they suffered no consequences for anything they did and walked away free and clear.  I need to see them at least acknowledge the role they played in everything that happened.

Share Post

I dont know ... JH seems to have change her tune from April to June. Because i still remember the interview towards the end of the season when she said Dinah would go against Oliver when she thought it was right. But suddenly they are apologetic and more mellow towards OTA? I sense there is a change, 

Share Post

Sally* lives! Good to know, because her fate was my primary concern when Dragon's goons set the bunker on fire.

*At least I hope it's Sally and not some random prison salmon ladder.

Edited by KenyaJ.

Share Post

I could see Sally surviving since I was never really sure how much damage the ring of fire would do to the mostly metal and cement bunker. Some, I'm sure but I doubt the all out destruction Diaz seemed to be envisioning.

Share Post

Hopefully this means the writers aren't going to insult our intelligence by thinking anyone on Team Arrow would accept BS:

IMG_1585.PNG

Share Post

Me as a deluded person who won't quit:

But "does not trust" doesn't mean he's not secretly in love with her! He loves her so much he has to run whenever he's in the same room as her. Too much chemistry!!!! Redemption for BS! BS/Ollie4eva!!!!!!!

Share Post

Folie à deux, Mellowyellow: Maybe it's less that he doesn't trust HER and more that he doesn't trust himself AROUND HER. Because of the burning passion. Obviously, if he calls her Laurel he won't be able to contain the deep emotion she inspires. Which is obviously a violent... passion. Yep.

Share Post