Maddie Brown: Seeking a One-Woman Man

It was surprisingly decent of her to acknowledge that people without kids aren't meaningless losers. I still think it's sad that she gave up on all her plans so early, though. She married so young -- she could've finished a BA and JD and still had plenty of time for kids afterward. 

Share Post

2 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

She got lucky with her dad?  Seriously? 

This yes! How did she get lucky? I guess because he existed and was there? Kind of. But not really since he rarely worked or took care of his kids. Or did any parenting. Or really anything. If Caleb's a good dad (I'm not saying he's not) you'd think she realize even more how crappy her own dad was.  Was Kody ever there for her? I doubt it. Did he ever take an interest in anything she did? Unless she was giving him attention I doubt it.  

Share Post

Those endless hashtags are so irritating.

2 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

Anything to help the fam get another season?  Ugh.

Share Post

I read it as a comment on her previous hashtag of  #iamthatmomwhopostsonlyaboutherkid

Interesting that she is trying to make it clear that the baby wasn't planned.   They have to realize there are ways to prevent pregnancy, right?

Share Post

On 9/15/2017 at 7:52 PM, DakotaJustice said:

You didn't know she's busy selling LLR on Facebook with her fussy baby crying in the background? 

Right? Not knocking motherhood and kids, but she sure rushed into it. Many of the women I know who also did this love their kids and don't regret having them, but they do feel like they "missed out" on things like finishing college and establishing a career path. It's harder to jump back in later in life. 

Edit: noticed post stating she says her pregnancy wasn't planned. Meh, who knows. I don't see why the family couldn't help care for the kid while she finishes school. Selling LLR must be way more fulfilling. 

Edited by TurtlePower.

Share Post

5 minutes ago, tabloidlover said:

I read it as a comment on her previous hashtag of  #iamthatmomwhopostsonlyaboutherkid

Interesting that she is trying to make it clear that the baby wasn't planned.   They have to realize there are ways to prevent pregnancy, right?

Not having sex is not an option, dontchaknow? Oh, wait... You meant you expected they received some education about things like birth control pills, condoms, and other such things. LOL LOL LOL! She's the daughter of a fundie Mormon and he's probably just interested in getting laid. Ain't nobody got time for some educatin' 'bout fambly plannin!

Edited by MrSmith.

Share Post

Clearly.  I just can't anymore with those that refuse to help themselves.

Share Post

On 9/26/2017 at 8:23 AM, Kohola3 said:

Wasn't he completely out of their lives for a period of time when Janelle left?

Share Post

3 hours ago, CofCinci said:

Hey....maybe that's what she means when she says she got lucky.  He was never there between Janelle bailing for a while and the fact that he was running around like a chicken with his head cut off the rest of the time.  I bet he didn't even know most of their names.

Share Post

6 hours ago, CofCinci said:

He did stop by to visit, because Janelle got pregnant while she was living apart from the fambly. But he was such a shitty HUSBAND that he couldn't hold the whole fambly together. Maddie also made the comment "I didn't want to get stuck raising kids by myself if my husband checked out (like I hear about so many)". You know those moms were filling her head with that nonsense. "Only plyg moms will help you raise your kids." The reality is in a plyg situation a husband IS checked out from each and every family most of the time. A wife is raising her own kids most of the time. In most sects the other wives don't have anything to do with another wife's children because they all live separately. Even if they live all together the husband has to divide his time. Kody had a job being on the road. And we all know that he was as checked out as possible, even when he was around. Once computers were a thing I bet he was the gigantic slug in a gigantic recliner we see now.

Share Post

Looks like she is amassing her own LLR empire. 

Share Post

Wonder what they think of the lawsuits, especially the one seeking class action status alleging LLR is a pyramid scheme (which it clearly is).

Share Post

7 hours ago, MrSmith said:

Wonder what they think of the lawsuits, especially the one seeking class action status alleging LLR is a pyramid scheme (which it clearly is).

Obviously they recognize it's a ploy to break up their polygamist family, like every other thing that happens in their life. I was seriously waiting for one of them to say something about the shooting taking place because they were there and he was aiming at the Browns. Fortunately, even as tone-deaf, attention whores the entire family is, Kody actually addressed it decently. I can't remember what he said, but it wasn't awful like I expected. 

The government doesn't want to women succeed. The government is punishing the entire group because Meri is a polygamist. Everything that happens to the family is because an outside force wants to break up the Browns and never because they are too dumb to realize the obvious. 

Share Post

2 hours ago, Christina said:

The government doesn't want to women succeed. The government is punishing the entire group because Meri is a polygamist. Everything that happens to the family is because an outside force wants to break up the Browns and never because they are too dumb to realize the obvious. 

Because, obviously, the entire world revolves around the Brown Clowns.  Gimme a break.  I truly hope they never come back.

Share Post

Poor baby - looks just like Grandpa Kody.  But with more hair.

Edited by AZChristian.

Share Post

4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

#My why....go away.

Amen to that.  Add my tribe, my ah ha moment and all the other Oprah crap.  Just say what you mean, FFS.  

Share Post