Episode Discussion: TFGH

13 hours ago, TVbitch said:

I liked his art scene with Aiden and when Aiden took a bite of the same ice cream bar Franco had just taken a bite from, it was the first time his eating actually added a nice natural father/son -ish touch to the scene.

RoHo eats in almost every scene now.  He really doesn't need craft services between takes.  I remember a scene years ago when Luke showed up at Alexis' door eating a Croissant out of a paper bag while they talked.  It looked natural, organic.  In RoHo's case it's just affect, an annoying tic based on the fact that he brings little else to the party.

Edited by Winston Wolfe.

Share Post

Another thing I LOVED about Margaux/Sonny . This was the second time they showed Jason like a little lap dog waiting for his master's orders and his master blowing him off and dealing with shit himself in regards to Margaux. Could it be showing some sort of growth from both of them? Margaux calling it out only made things better. Not for nothing that Jason was able to sit his ass down and focus on what he always should have focused on the beginning, Sam. 

Edited by Bawoman.

Share Post

41 minutes ago, Bawoman said:

Another thing I LOVED about Margaux/Sonny . This was the second time they showed Jason like a little lap dog waiting for his master's orders and his master blowing him off and dealing with shit himself in regards to Margaux. Could it be showing some sort of growth from both of them? Margaux calling it out only made things better. Not for nothing that Jason was able to sit his ass down and focus on what he always should have focused on the beginning, Sam. 

He was focused on Sam?  In that 2 min struggle scene about Thanksgiving?

There will never be growth with the holy trinity.

Maybe Scummy has his chance to screw Margo but he'll always go back to Carly.  He'll probably call Margo a whore when it's all said and done.

Edited by Hater.

Share Post

3 hours ago, NutmegsDad said:

And fuck you, Valentin, for running after her and propping her.

How else is he going to get into her pants?

Share Post

I thought the writer did a nice job with the art therapy scene, someone did some research. The tiny Aiden in his drawing was a nice touch.

I also appreciate Franco telling Aiden that he inherited his mother's talent in art. I thought the show had forgotten all about that.

Jason and Sam running to Michael to tell him that Nelle is in Ferncliffe shows how bankrupt the show is in terms of knowing what to do with them. There was no need to tell Michael that Nelle was there, she's behind bars whether it's a prison or a criminal hospital and Michael has her measure.  The writers really have no idea what to do with this "great romance".

Edited by statsgirl.

Share Post

Anyone actually not surprised that Charlotte's the bully? When the character first started on the show, I thought she seemed kinda mean, particularly towards Lulu.

Edited by teenj12.

Share Post

13 hours ago, Hater said:

Maybe Scummy has his chance to screw Margo but he'll always go back to Carly.  He'll probably call Margo a whore when it's all said and done.

Why go there? What is wrong with hoping for a little freakin growth, I mean, I know I'm likely not going to get it, but still.

No one for now is sleeping or bedding anyone, no one is calling anyone a whore. Hell, they aren't really playing up any overt sexual tension with them 2 yet. And whether they do or not will not change the conversation they had today.

All I saw is a scene between a man and a woman, in which the man came in all fueled with bravado and threats and manipulations until the woman finally shoved a jagged broken glass up his conscience and he left a frustrated, choked up mess. I saw a man being tested, and imagining his daughter going down the same hell whole he just put the woman in, I saw how it hit him, and I hoped that could mean change. Why dirty that up?

Share Post

Just now, Bawoman said:

Why go there? What is wrong with hoping for a little freakin growth, I mean, I know I'm likely not going to get it, but still.

No one for now is sleeping or bedding anyone, no one is calling anyone a whore. Hell, they aren't really playing up any overt sexual tension with them 2 yet. And whether they do or not will not change the conversation they had today.

All I saw is a scene between a man and a woman, in which the man came in all fueled with bravado and threats and manipulations until the woman finally shoved a jagged broken glass up his conscience and he left a frustrated, choked up mess. I saw a man being tested, and imagining his daughter going down the same hell whole he just put the woman in, I saw how it hit him, and I hoped that could mean change. Why dirty that up?

It's already dirtied up. He killed her father. He has berated and degraded her over and over again.  I find it insulting to watch a woman getting treated like this once again by a male on this show.

There is nothing to "go there."  When it's already there. This is pure trash aka GH.  There is nothing endearing about this.

Share Post

Just now, Hater said:

It's already dirtied up. He killed her father. He has berated and degraded her over and over again.  I find it insulting to watch a woman getting treated like this once again by a male on this show.

There is nothing to "go there."  When it's already there. This is pure trash aka GH.  There is nothing endearing about this.

Well, it's dirty, no doubt, but alot of good stuff can come from self examination. Maybe even redemption? I don't know. 

And Margaux can take it. She knows what she's doing. She's not scared of him and never has been. 

Share Post

1 minute ago, Bawoman said:

Well, it's dirty, no doubt, but alot of good stuff can come from self examination. Maybe even redemption? I don't know. 

And Margaux can take it. She knows what she's doing. She's not scared of him and never has been. 

Scummy hasn't self evaluated himself in 2 decades.  It's not happening now. 

Share Post

5 minutes ago, Hater said:

Scummy hasn't self evaluated himself in 2 decades.  It's not happening now. 

Agreed.  Hell, we just saw Sonny re-imagine his life if he wasn't a scummy criminal and decide, nope, that's not for me.  He's not changing now.

Share Post

Is Margaux . . . a character? How long has she been on now? Is she defined enough for the audience to know what she would and would not do?

Share Post

Sasha totally didn't know that Kiki would be mad if she seduced her boyfriend <rme>, and it's Ava's fault for saying that they were just casual sex buddies.

Can I hope that Sasha aspirates in her sleep, and Nina finds out what Ava did to her (fake)daughter and seeks revenge?

Share Post

19 hours ago, rur said:
21 hours ago, Hater said:

Weren't you just transfixed by the flirting in that scene?

Not only that, I was filled with warm emotions when they reminisced about how great the view of the TG parade was from the roof.

I think I might have felt tears forming, I was so moved.

18 hours ago, Sake614 said:
19 hours ago, Winston Wolfe said:

They are so gonna screw.  You can see it coming.

Of course they are. I’m just surprised it didn’t happen at her mother’s  house. And when Carly finds out, we’ll be treated to her screeching that Margaux is a bitch slut whore who took advantage of Sonny’s kindness and forced him to have sex with her. Because we all know that sonny is weak and can’t think for himself.

Sonny's penis just can't help it. It's Margaux's fault for being in the vicinity.

18 hours ago, bannana said:

What is it with Ava drugging other people or messing with their drugs?  Just stop doing that.

LOL. For all the hissing she does about Morgan's death not being her fault, she hasn't learned a THING about dosing people. 

Share Post

I did not know Kelly T was back as Britt. Is she back recurring or on contract, and does she have a story ? I might watch for her stuff if it's funny or at least entertaining. I sometimes see GH mentions online but I don't recognize most of the faces or names. And the ones I do recognize, I don't care about them or outright hate them, so I don't want to get back in to the show unless a character I like has something to watch for.

Does Britt have a story of her own, or a good amount of air time at least ? If I can't have JE as Tracy, I'll watch for Britt if it's interesting.

Share Post

25 minutes ago, IWantCandy71 said:

Does Britt have a story of her own, or a good amount of air time at least

We've only seen her twice so far, and the story isn't hers.  Obrecht kidnapped and tortured Peter (Anna's son) then vanished.  Anna's hunting down Obrecht.  Britt was in jail, so Anna sprung her early, if she agreed to help them catch Obrecht.  They've shoved Britt in the hospital with a pretend illness, so they can lure out Obrecht.  

36 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

she hasn't learned a THING about dosing people. 

And what exactly is her plan here?  I'm guessing Sasha will eat the soup which will knock her out.  Ava will somehow get Griffin into her room, then have Kiki show up and find them together????

1 hour ago, Hater said:

He killed her father.

And is putting the blame on someone else.  "The person who shot your father was just the weapon.  Jeannette and Scully killed your father'.  WTF writers.  That's just nonsense.  If you didn't want precious Sonny to get his hands dirty, then why bother changing the original story that he only buried the body.  The story would have far more impact if Margaux thought Sonny was the shooter only to find out that her mother or Scully was actually the shooter and that Sonny was innocent of the murder.  I literally don't understand this story.  

Share Post

22 hours ago, Pingaponga said:

Because if I knew my kid was being bullied, I’d ask my sort-of-in-law-whose-kid-is-in-my-kid’s-class

THIS.  I would totally have gone to my sis-in-law and said, hey, is your kid being bullied too.  No way, in the real world, would Liz not have approached Lulu about it.  

Share Post

49 minutes ago, Perkie said:

We've only seen her twice so far, and the story isn't hers.  Obrecht kidnapped and tortured Peter (Anna's son) then vanished.  Anna's hunting down Obrecht.  Britt was in jail, so Anna sprung her early, if she agreed to help them catch Obrecht.  They've shoved Britt in the hospital with a pretend illness, so they can lure out Obrecht.  

Twice ? Aw man. Well, that makes catching up easy then I guess. I will watch her days and then wait for her to be mentioned again. Thank you !

Share Post

1 hour ago, Perkie said:

And is putting the blame on someone else.  "The person who shot your father was just the weapon.  Jeannette and Scully killed your father'.  WTF writers.  That's just nonsense.  If you didn't want precious Sonny to get his hands dirty, then why bother changing the original story that he only buried the body.  The story would have far more impact if Margaux thought Sonny was the shooter only to find out that her mother or Scully was actually the shooter and that Sonny was innocent of the murder.  I literally don't understand this story.  

Seriously. By mooby's logic that means he's the one who should take the fall for the dozens of hits Jason carried out on his orders. Yeah, I'm so sure. 

These writers have no clue what they're doing whatsoever. They're pathetic. Why did they retcon Sonny disposing the body? What was the point? It doesn't help what they're trying to cobble together now. If they let it stand that he just got rid of Marino but was sloppy because he was young and he left his DNA behind, then what they're trying to do now (aggression and chauvinism aside) wouldn't be that bad or ridiculous. It would just be Margaux coming around to believing Sonny that he only got rid of the body, he didn't pull the trigger. Yeah it'd be lame and kind of a cop out but it'd be better than this mess. Now, Margaux, the freakin' DA, will end up justifying, forgiving, and ultimately boning the guy who killed her father in cold blood so he could become a mafia don. Barf. 

Edited by CharethCutestory.

Share Post

10 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

LOL. For all the hissing she does about Morgan's death not being her fault, she hasn't learned a THING about dosing people. 

If Kiki is truly exiting the canvas the doping will somehow lead to her demise.  If it does, I'll actually be kinda sad, in some odd way Griffin somehow makes Kiki somewhat tolerable.

Edited by Winston Wolfe.

Share Post

7 hours ago, Perkie said:

"The person who shot your father was just the weapon.  Jeannette and Scully killed your father'.  WTF writers.  That's just nonsense.  If you didn't want precious Sonny to get his hands dirty, then why bother changing the original story that he only buried the body.  The story would have far more impact if Margaux thought Sonny was the shooter only to find out that her mother or Scully was actually the shooter and that Sonny was innocent of the murder.  I literally don't understand this story.  

Because in any story featuring Sonny, it's not enough that he just defeat the antagonist somehow.  No, the antagonist (who more often than not is RIGHT) has to be demeaned, degraded, dragged into the mud and their head held under.  And what more degrading setup could they have for Margaux than for her to become romantically involved with the irresistable (barf) man who murdered her father and fall into his bed, only to have him reject her and call her a whore to boot?

Edited by yowsah1.

Share Post

What really gets me about this shitstory is that before, the writers at least attempted to conjure up some slim justification for Sonny's kills, no matter how dumb or horrid they may have been.  ("He thought A.J. had killed his girlfriend", "He was getting revenge for the death of his unborn child", "They came after him").  But in this story, we have Sonny gunning down a complete stranger over a beef he has nothing to do with - and they are STILL INSISTING on presenting it as a righteous, noble act!  The idiocy on display here is just mindblowing.

Edited by yowsah1.

Share Post

12 hours ago, yowsah1 said:

What really gets me about this shitstory is that before, the writers at least attempted to conjure up some slim justification for Sonny's kills, no matter how dumb or horrid they may have been.  ("He thought A.J. had killed his girlfriend", "He was getting revenge for the death of his unborn child", "They came after him").  But in this story, we have Sonny gunning down a complete stranger over a beef he has nothing to do with - and they are STILL INSISTING on presenting it as a righteous, noble act!  The idiocy on display here is just mindblowing.

That dream was....something. I know Sonny was supposed to sound like the Byronic anti-hero of moobies because......whatever stupid reasons. But what would possess them to show Sonny not having any other epiphany other than, "Well, alot of people I knew would have been hurt anyway, so , eh" immediately after showing him watching a woman drunkingly cry herself to sleep in large part because he filled her father with bullets at the tender age of 16. Why did they even bother to have Margaux there in the first place? That just made things worse. 

Edited by Bawoman.

Share Post

The idiocy on display here is just mindblowing.

The idea that a DA would let any kingpin gangsta alone into her hotel room is idiotic.  Particularly reprehensible in Friday's episode, was finding Sonny in rage-mode - screaming at a woman whose father he had murdered.  This is not idiotic - it should never have been permitted to make it to viewers' television screens.   These writers are adept at punishing a character (see. Ava and Julian), and also how to redeem a character (see Nina, See Nina and Franco).  If only these folks could take a step back and see how painful it is to watch MB act these days.

Edited by sunnyface.

Share Post

19 minutes ago, sunnyface said:

The idea that a DA would let any kingpin gangsta alone into her hotel room is idiotic

So many things are idiotic.  Why would Jeannette let him, a complete stranger, into her home.  Why wouldn't she call the police five minutes into thier conversation, once she saw where it was going.  Why would she have let Spin and Sam into her home the week before.  Maybe I'm super cautious but I don't let anyone into my home, even if they say they are the gas or water company.  

Now there are rumours that Margaux and Sonny are going to do the deed and it all boils down to why.  Why would she sleep with him?  Why would he sleep with her? So much UGH>  

Share Post

15 hours ago, yowsah1 said:

16 hours ago, yowsah1 said:

Because in any story featuring Sonny, it's not enough that he just defeat the antagonist somehow.  No, the antagonist (who more often than not is RIGHT) has to be demeaned, degraded, dragged into the mud and their head held under.  And what more degrading setup could they have for Margaux than for her to become romantically involved with the irresistable (barf) man who murdered her father and fall into his bed, only to have him reject her and call her a whore to boot?

3 hours ago, sunnyface said:

The idea that a DA would let any kingpin gangsta alone into her hotel room is idiotic.  Particularly reprehensible in Friday's episode, was finding Sonny in rage-mode - screaming at a woman whose father he had murdered.  This is not idiotic - it should never have been permitted to make it to viewers' television screens.   These writers are adept at punishing a character (see. Ava and Julian), and also how to redeem a character (see Nina, See Nina and Franco).  If only these folks could take a step back and see how painful it is to watch MB act these days.

2 hours ago, Perkie said:

Now there are rumours that Margaux and Sonny are going to do the deed and it all boils down to why.  Why would she sleep with him?  Why would he sleep with her? So much UGH>  

And this ^ ladies & gentlemen, THIS is why this show is bleeding viewers.

On 11/17/2018 at 11:18 AM, IWantCandy71 said:

I don't recognize most of the faces or names. And the ones I do recognize, I don't care about them or outright hate them, so I don't want to get back in to the show unless a character I like has something to watch for.

And this ^

On 11/16/2018 at 10:14 PM, statsgirl said:

Jason and Sam running to Michael to tell him that Nelle is in Ferncliffe shows how bankrupt the show is in terms of knowing what to do with them.   The writers really have no idea what to do with this "great romance".

And then this ^ ....

Makes me mad & so darn sad. This show was pretty darn good before  MB, SBu ate it....and when the writers got the point of the whole show.

Share Post

3 hours ago, Perkie said:

Sonny sleeping with Margaux prevents her from going after him for her father's death or anything else, as least the writers think so. But why she would sleep with him other than because she's drunk or drugged is beyond my ken.

Share Post

25 minutes ago, RedRockRosie said:

Makes me mad & so darn sad. This show was pretty darn good before  MB, SBu ate it....and when the writers got the point of the whole show.

All Burton did in coming back was revert the show back to the holy trinity stealing and infiltrating every single storyline, with no storyline of his own (and he doesn't care as he once did since it's a cash grab for him, there's no more whining to Korte to change dialogue)...just in everyone's else space.  Plus the 1 billion newbies has pretty much made this show unwatchable.  There's no hope for it at this juncture with this current regime in charge.  ABC clearly does not care.

Edited by Hater.

Share Post

1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

Sonny sleeping with Margaux prevents her from going after him for her father's death or anything else, as least the writers think so. But why she would sleep with him other than because she's drunk or drugged is beyond my ken.

I hate to say it but Daddy issues?

Though I can only see her sleeping with the guy if he ever owned up to what he did and begged her forgiveness and spent the rest of his days kissing her ass....maybe. It wouldn't hurt if Marino didn't end up being her dad, but Scully. And if he grew the beard back. And got rid of his appendages called Jason and Carly. And no longer used that shoe polish for his hair.

So it's likely it won't happen at all, though to me it's a shame cuz to me those 2 have angsty chem up the wazoo.

Share Post