Media, Ratings, and More: The Blogs Continue To Be Crazy!

I'm not saying you (and many others) are wrong, purist. Or that the women angrily speaking out publicly about Trevor don't have a beef about his "jokes" being offensive. What I am implying is that to get anything more out of Trevor, besides what he already said, would be the equivalent of trying to squeezing blood out of a stone. A whole slew of stand up comedians would be far less courteous than Trevor was if they were in his position. Hell, some of them would react just as offensively.

If they want to protest Trevor's appearances in Australia this coming month, they can go for it. But I'm not sure, at this point, what they hope to accomplish in the end.

Share Post

I appreciate your point of view, @Victor the Crab. It's a sorry situation and I wish Trevor would be better. Cheers.

Share Post

He criticizes other people on his show day after day. That he doesn't get that he needs to be accountable, while holding others accountable, is BS. When you're wrong, you're wrong, whether you're a comedian or not.

Share Post

Apples and oranges. Like I said, being a stand up comedian is different from hosting a television show where you may influence peoples thought process. There's a different code involved in the former, where one is just personally blowing off steam.

Share Post

The code is not an unalterable law ordained by the fundamental principles of the universe. And I think the code is stupid.

Share Post

Trevor did an interview on a community radio station in Brisbane, Australia, on a show called Wild Black Women, which is hosted by two Aboriginal women. I haven't listened to it yet, but here is a newspaper report about it, and here is the audio. And here is an article by one of the women who interviewed him, in which she relates what happened at Trevor's show in Melbourne on Thursday night. Spoiler: it's not good. :(

Edited by purist.

Share Post

Damn. He should take a page out of Sam Bee's book, and just face when he's wrong, and apologize and make a change. Doubling down on it shows he really doesn't care. That's disappointing.

Share Post

‘The Daily Show With Trevor Noah’ Executive Producer Steve Bodow To Depart

Steve Bodow, executive producer of The Daily Show with Trevor Noah, will be leaving after 16+ years with Comedy Central’s late-night franchise. He just informed the staff of the show of his decision.

Bodow’s departure is not imminent — he will stay on and help with transitional matters as well as work on a few more projects before leaving some time in the first quarter of 2019.

Share Post

Some people online seem to be taking that as an indication of ominous happenings for the show. The guy is one of four executive producers ... maybe he just wanted different professional challenges after 16 years. Jeez.

Share Post