All Episodes Talk: Dutchess gets her way. Again.

A place to discuss particular episodes, arcs and moments from the show's run. Please remember this isn't a complete catch-all topic -- check out the forum for character topics and other places for show-related talk.

Share Post

Hey girl!

I'll see your Dutchess and raise you a Malik Yoba at Habana in Fort Greene.

I feel like I missed an episode w Oh Shit!.  Is Achilles his kid or not?  Or is he just going to claim him because he's been in his life as his dad

since day one?

Share Post

Hey girl!

I'll see your Dutchess and raise you a Malik Yoba at Habana in Fort Greene.

I feel like I missed an episode w Oh Shit!.  Is Achilles his kid or not?  Or is he just going to claim him because he's been in his life as his dad

since day one?

I shouted you out in the Small Talk thread.

Yeah, last year crazy Kathy got a real DNA test done and threw the papers in his face. Upon which O'Sh*t confessed he didn't really do a DNA, just said he did to piss Kathy off. Why, WHY do women keep having babies with this twisted fuckboy?

Share Post

There is just no one here to root for. Every time I think there is some redeemable character ... nope. Fooled again.

Question is, why do I watch??? I'm powerless over shows set in NYC? (I dunno, I got nuttin'.)

Share Post

This needs to be the No Teef Crew. Why?????? Donna is a sad, unaware person with tattoos that look like my 3 year old drew them. And that boyfriend of hers.....yikes!! Puma is toofless and useless.

And Jesus knows I've tried to like Dutchess. But Lord God forgive me. I can't. She gets on my last nerve.

And I'll say it again...their tattooing skills are AWFUL.

Edited by Tallulahbaby.

Share Post

Ok but seriously.  Their tattoos are horrible.  They wouldn't make it past the joke round on InkMaster and those tattoos really suck!.  They look like the same ole ugly ass bad stencil tattoos you see on Fulton St in Brooklyn.   The slash shops as I like to call em.  Jewelry/ Perfume/ T-shirt/ Tattoo guy in the back.

There's a reason your tat only cost $30.

And who are these random artists that come in there and let them "freestyle" on them???  Why would you do that to yourself??  That shit is gonna show on your album cover.

Edited by Brooklynista.

Share Post

Wooow. Sky was ready to get in that ass. Dutchess did NOT want none of that. No ma'am. She wasn't her usual loud talking self, she was pulling a "can I holler at you for a minute, over here?" trying to resolve things. When she wasn't hiding behind Ceaser, that is.

Can't say as I blame her tho. Bitch cray.

Share Post

Seeing Sky cry? Broke my heart. Them were some real, soul shaking tears.

Ugh I hate Puma. He looks so dirty and homeless. I use to like him.

Yeah, Dutchess thought twice about that. Lmao!

Share Post

Seeing Sky cry? Broke my heart. Them were some real, soul shaking tears.

Ugh I hate Puma. He looks so dirty and homeless. I use to like him.

Yeah, Dutchess thought twice about that. Lmao!

I agree. I rewound a couple of times just because it was so raw and real, I needed to hear that realness again.

Share Post

I think Dutchess should lower her $2million housing expectation.  Perhaps they could spend 1million on a house and the rest cleaning themselves up?  

Share Post

She needs to just leave that creep, move home, open a shop and do a lot of traveling for her brand.

Share Post

I'm not even sure why Dutchess thinks they can buy a 2 million dollar house. I haven't seen more than 6 clients in there in all three(?) seasons. Is everyone who is in that shop all day on the payroll? Maybe they are independent contractors who rent space because... I just don't see how Ceaser is paying all these people.

My heart was breaking just a little for Puma but then I remembered how much of an ass he is. He put himself in this spot so....

Share Post

Ok no seriously, this facially challenged O'SHIT can really call these chicks from the alley behind their building and say "Hey, bring me down some pussy so I can hit it raw"? And they do it? With their man upstairs?? Huh? Is everybody Uptown blind?

Share Post

Yeeeah, I don't know why Caesar is still with Dutchess. I know he has feelings for her, but you can look at her in the face and tell she's a snake. She's in love with him insofar as he gives her what she wants. A lot of guys cheat when they should've left. You can't truly be happy with someone like her.

Sky is a crazy ass bitch, and what I love about her is that she would probably take "crazy ass bitch" as a compliment. The scenes where she talks about her kids feel more real than most reality TV show moments.

Share Post

Can we just go ahead and give Sky(y?) her own show?  She's the only one of this crew I give half a damn about.  And yes she is the realest one of them.  Dutchess talks way too much shit about how badass she is, right up until Skyy brings it to her.  Dutchess shuts her mouth right the fuck up when Skyy is "Yeah bitch what?"

And how is O'Shit still getting ass?? and another possible baby?  He should have 4 different strains of HIV by now.

Share Post

If O'Shit could spell HIV, I'd be amazed. He's probably fucking groupie chicks from the projects. "Aye shorty, you know I got my own show on VH1"

Share Post

Was that Anya yelling about "killing a bitch" on the phone from her hospital bed ??  I'll bet that bitch is still convalescing her fucked up ankle from last season talkin' bout "I'll kill her" ...

Share Post

Oh damn, so Donna's pregnant? Why did it look like they were renting g a room and that they have a hot plate in there.

Dutchess is a nasty bitch. Ashy, crusty and nasty.

Everyone just lays around there all day.

I like Skye. She does not put up with Dutchess shit.

Share Post

I'm gonna give a slow clap for O'Shit getting his Johnson snipped.  But my heart breaks to know that there are chicks out there that are letting him run up

in it raw dog.  Just ewww.  Is HIV not a thing anymore?

Can I have that gold brocade skirt Skye wore at the bridal salon??  She cleans up nicely.

Share Post

Better hold that applause, Brooklynista. LOL. 

The acting on this show is cringe worthy. A whole film crew in the room, Duchess packs, writes a letter, kisses him goodbye and the sun is streaming in - and he never moves? Please. And who DIDN'T see Cease heading his ass down to NC? *crickets*

Wooow. And then there are these moments which break up all the bad acting: http://www.vh1.com/news/215293/quani-accused-dutchess-of-sleeping-with-osht-faking-miscarriage/

Edited by SnarkKitty.

Share Post

Anyone watching this new season? Looks good!! I still can't sand Dutchess.

I did watch the season opener. Why?? Not sure.  Dutchess makes my ass itch.  She really envisions herself as some goddess of the tattoo world and they should all bow down to her.  Trick please.

And here we go again w Caesar not paying his child support. No worries,  Dutchess will most certainly come thru and pay it again like last time.  Nothing like planning a family with a man that doesn't take care of the one he already has. 

Share Post

I did watch the season opener. Why?? Not sure.  Dutchess makes my ass itch.  She really envisions herself as some goddess of the tattoo world and they should all bow down to her.  Trick please.

This made me laugh longer than I would like to admit LMAO! It's so true though…I admire her hustle, and there's nothing wrong with having faith in your abilities, but Dutchess seriously isn't skilled enough to be that pompous. There are better tattoo artists in NYC. WAY better. And while I do think Dutchess is pretty in an earthy type of way, homegirl needs to have an economy sized tube of Blistex with her at all times. Her lips stay looking crusty and peeling. I have pair of full lips too, and a little dryness will make you look like Tyrone Biggums real quick. Work on that, honey.

I can pretty much guarantee that King and Queen of Harlem will never make it to the altar. What kind of life are they going to build when they both live and "run businesses" in two separate states (more on that in a minute)? And can we please retire the whole "OMG I think I'm pregnant, let's cut to commercial while I whip out an EPT and pretend to pee on it" storyline? I've seen the same scenario on three reality shows just last week. Just stop, producers. And I agree with trying to build a life and start a family with a man who doesn't take care of the one he already has. I know people have strong opinions about Child Support and I'm probably simplifying it, but IMO, just have the friggin' courts take it out of your check each week. That's proof positive you're doing something to provide financially,  and there's no leverage any baby mama can have on you. It's all there in black and white. These hood arrangements where "I'll give you money when I can" really don't benefit anyone in the long run.

Speaking of which, I'm glad to see Kathy get a TH, that means she's hopefully getting a paycheck for being on this show and being cast as "Crazy Baby Mama #2" like she has been the past few years. Nothing about what O'Sh*t is doing now is surprising, at all, so I don't have much to say about him. 

As far a Black Ink the shop goes, I know quite a few people that live in Harlem (my husband grew up there), and have been in and around the neighborhood the shop is in, and it is closed more often than not. And like someone said above, the cast is almost never there, and if there are no other tattoo artists other than Oh Sh*t, how is the shop even making any money? Leasing fees and business taxes are astronomical in Manhattan. How can he afford to just shut down for an entire month? And correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I know, tattoo artists are independent contractors, much like hairstylists. The shop makes money by the artists renting booth space, to do their work. But as long as you're licensed and have clean equipment, you can work pretty much anywhere. My brother who is covered in tattoos, has a licensed tattoo artist come to his house whenever he wants to get inked. Not sure why Sh*t and Dutchess couldn't do that, if they have as extensive of a client list as they claim. The only ones that would be affected would be the non tattooing staff. Whatever.

Donna is the one that makes me itch, mainly in places where the sun don't shine. Like secondhand STD type of itching. She basically came to NY to be a Black Ink groupie and is wondering why she is still an apprentice after two years. Sex doesn't get you nearly as far as you think it will, honey. You have to have some sort of work ethic, which she clearly does not have. How do you book an appointment and leave all your equipment at home? And I have to say it, her look is too extreme for me. I know that's just part of the body mod culture, but between the big blonde and rainbow hair, the facial piercings, the effed up teeth, and those blue contacts, I cringed when she appeared onscreen. The only one I've seen that can pull off the extreme looks are Kat Von D and Dave Navarro. Donna just looks unwashed to me. They all do, really except for Ted. Ted at least looks like he showers and puts on clean underwear on the regular.

Speaking of Ted, he looks good and like he's dropped a few pounds. Glad to say he has an actual job at Black Ink (at least one you can report to the IRS) other than "resident couch sitter." I thought it was pretty damn funny how he shut Donna down about her appointment without even sitting up. That scene was meant to be made into a "That Moment When You're Too Lazy to…" etc, LOL!

Edited by Angelsmom1009.

Share Post

So one of the few likable people on this show didn't even last a full episode? Melody was too nice and too talented for Black Ink anyway. I wish Teddy had spoken up for her while she was sitting there, but I'm glad he didn't back down from Cesar. I did cringe a bit when he said that he took the "initiation" to hire Melody.

Dutchess continues to be insufferable. Judging by the tat she did for her dad, I really don't think that she's that great of an artist...can't tell her that though. She sucked all of the life out of the room when she came back to the shop. I'd hate to be around her. She and Cesar are the perfect couple...both have a grossly inflated sense of self-importance.

It was nice to see Sassy, but why does Puma keep opening shops?

And I have to agree, Donna is hard to look at.

Share Post

This made me laugh longer than I would like to admit LMAO! It's so true though…I admire her hustle, and there's nothing wrong with having faith in your abilities, but Dutchess seriously isn't skilled enough to be that pompous. There are better tattoo artists in NYC. WAY better. And while I do think Dutchess is pretty in an earthy type of way, homegirl needs to have an economy sized tube of Blistex with her at all times. Her lips stay looking crusty and peeling. I have pair of full lips too, and a little dryness will make you look like Tyrone Biggums real quick. Work on that, honey.

I don't like you. Tyrone Biggums, tho??? I scared my cat, laughing like a hyena.

Oh Dutchess is a dreadful artist. Absolutely dreadful. In fact that they all are. That shop is filthy. I doubt anyone cleans it.

Share Post

Donna just looks unwashed to me. They all do, really except for Ted. Ted at least looks like he showers and puts on clean underwear on the regular.

Damn, this encapsulates everything I feel about this show. Ev'ry last one of 'em look like they would stink to high hell as they lean over you. The only one I can even slightly rock with are Ted and homegirl who did time in jail in AZ. At least the two of them look like they TRY.

Share Post

So Dutchess is going to claim she was taken advantage of by Donna? Uh, okay Dutchess.

She can NEVER admit to wrong doing. Such a victim.

I don't like OShit. But Kathy really rubs me the wrong way.

Sky is hysterical. I could watch a show just with her.

Cesar is a horrible tattoo artist. Just awful.

Share Post

So Dutchess is going to claim she was taken advantage of by Donna? Uh, okay Dutchess.

She can NEVER admit to wrong doing. Such a victim.

I don't like OShit. But Kathy really rubs me the wrong way.

Sky is hysterical. I could watch a show just with her.

Cesar is a horrible tattoo artist. Just awful.

n

I think I would love to see a show o the adventures of Skyy and Cardi B. Oh the times they would have together!

What I notice about this crew of "tattoo artists" is that they're never sketching. Nobody ever has a book close at hand where they're just working on ideas. They all suck. No way would I let any one of them free hand draw on me just for a chance to be on teevee. No sir!

Share Post

I was wondering what happened to Sassy and why she's not in the new season.  I thought Melody, the new artist, kicks Dutchess all around the block and back again. But my last guilty thought is I want to see Dutchess and O'Shit doing the deed.  I don't blame her.  O'Shit is the definition of a well-hung stud who knows how to get the job done while the boy you're with pays the bills.  Lol.  

Share Post

As far as talent and artistry, Melody needs to be with the Chicago crew. NY is such a raggedy bunch of bullshit. These people suck. My 15 year old draws better than them. 

Shut the fuck up, Dutchess. Ceasar, pay your child support and stop trying to hide money then blame baby mama for being "evil." Sky is funny, needs her own show and to leave these no charisma deadbeats behind.

Share Post

Melody is the real deal. Her work is breathtakingly beautiful. And she is an incredible person. Duchess should be afraid.....very afraid. Hmmmm. Positive upbeat Melody or stanky drama-loving negative Duchess. Who would you choose?

But I disagree on Melody being better off w the Chicago crew. Their owner was just a jealous, whiney baby the way he dealt with Cat's doing her own thing by choosing to attend the conventions. She begged the crew to go but they refused. And when it became obvious that she was hustling and making $ as well as a name for herself at the conventions they got attitudes. I felt like I was watching a 5 year old, not a grown man who owns his own business. Anyway, I'd hate to see Melody have to deal w that crap. She could hold down her own spinoff I think.

Puma.......I'm really starting to like Puma. Cesear and his crew are just dirty looking. Like, take a bath/ wash your hair at least once a week. I dont think his baby needs to be hanging out at the parlor but still, i give Puma props for at least taking care of his child. She is a cutie. I wish Melody had come to Puma's shop. She is drug free. Puma is on probation trying to be drug free.

Cant leave wout mentioning that super fine man (10 yr sober dude who got moon goddess tat). That man is FINE!

Share Post

On 4/26/2016 at 3:49 AM, AtomicPlayGirl said:

Melody is the real deal. Her work is breathtakingly beautiful. And she is an incredible person. Duchess should be afraid.....very afraid. Hmmmm. Positive upbeat Melody or stanky drama-loving negative Duchess. Who would you choose?

But I disagree on Melody being better off w the Chicago crew. Their owner was just a jealous, whiney baby the way he dealt with Cat's doing her own thing by choosing to attend the conventions. She begged the crew to go but they refused. And when it became obvious that she was hustling and making $ as well as a name for herself at the conventions they got attitudes. I felt like I was watching a 5 year old, not a grown man who owns his own business. Anyway, I'd hate to see Melody have to deal w that crap. She could hold down her own spinoff I think.

Puma.......I'm really starting to like Puma. Cesear and his crew are just dirty looking. Like, take a bath/ wash your hair at least once a week. I dont think his baby needs to be hanging out at the parlor but still, i give Puma props for at least taking care of his child. She is a cutie. I wish Melody had come to Puma's shop. She is drug free. Puma is on probation trying to be drug free.

Cant leave wout mentioning that super fine man (10 yr sober dude who got moon goddess tat). That man is FINE!

Yeah, Ryan is a big old bitchy crybaby, I just meant as far as her talent level, working in a shop with other real artists, that crew is a better fit. They seem to actually practice art and creativity.

Share Post

So now Miss Dutchess has been tongue raped by one of the minions?? Is there no end to her ridiculousness? I'm not sure what kind of 90210 incest is going on in that shop but Caesar seemed real calm about hearing somebody else was eating his cookies.  

Am I imagining the previews wrong or does it look like we find out that even O'SHIT has had a go with Miss Priss?

Share Post

Dutchess is a hot ass mess. How can she even say that she was basically raped when she says she can't even remember what happened. If you don't remember then you don't have a story to tell. She went to Miami and acted a fool, took off her ring, and engaged in oral sex with Donna. Even the witness backed up Donna's story. If Dutchess felt that she was raped then she would have screamed or something to get the other women's attention who was also staying there.

The fact that Caesar sent Donna home to "work on her portfolio" is just kind of lame to me. Could have just separated the two from working at the shop at the same time since Dutchess is really a part time employee anyway.

Share Post

We didn't get a lot of Dutchess diaries there towards the end either.  

I have very little faith that O'shit will cop to being with Dutchess.  O'shit can't afford to lose his gig and Ceas will boot him if he admits anything.

The skye/Donna stuff looks totally skippable.

Edited by 33kaitykaity.

Share Post

So surprise, surprise, they actually did open a spot on 125th. They're actually around the corner and up the block from me now. I thought it was meant to be instead of the original spot, but it seems they made it a second location. That whole "we need 2,000, 2500 square feet" thing tho ... yeah, no. My neighbor told me her daughter went over to get a tat, and the place was smaller than the original place. (She didn't, though, but I forget right now why she didn't get it.)

Edited by SnarkKitty.

Share Post

1 hour ago, SnarkKitty said:

So surprise, surprise, they actually did open a spot on 125th. They're actually around the corner and up the block from me now. I thought it was meant to be instead of the original spot, but it seems they made it a second location. That whole "we need 2,000, 2500 square feet" thing tho ... yeah, no. My neighbor told me her daughter went over to get a tat, and the place was smaller than the original place. (She didn't, though, but I forget right now why she didn't get it.)

I hope the daughter didn't get a tat because she realized their work is garbage.  Dutchess is a terrible artist, O'SHIT is the best one in there and he can't spell. If she's smart she won't go back.

Share Post

I hope the daughter didn't get a tat because she realized their work is garbage.

They're always salivating over women that come into the shop and making inappropriate comments; I don't know how any woman would subject herself to that.  Also like you said and I totally agree, their work is straight garbage.  Not to mention two people have sued after their tats became infected.   The shop looks filthy, I'm surprised they haven't been shut down by the Board of Health.

Share Post

Dumb Shit (or Dip Shit, whatever his name is) is only paying $134 every other month for child support?  GTFOH.  I take it back - OShit is "Dip Shit" and Kathy is "Dumb Shit".  Take the guy to frickin' court already and be done with it.  She is really stupid.  A lot of horrific screeching on this show by the females.  I don't really watch this show.  They all look busted and dirty.  As in filthy dirty.  I want to scrub myself when I see this cast.  At least the LHHOA cast is pulled together.

Share Post

I really cannot stand dudes who want an accounting of their children's child support money. Guess what, asshole? A pair of shoes every 8 months doesn't pay for groceries, the light bill,  insurance, rent, doctor's copays, children's Tylenol, toilet paper, and all the other million bills that come along with taking care of kids. Plus, I'll be damned if I'm going to call you and justify and beg every time my kid needs something. Pay your child support and I'll take care of buying the shoes. If Kathie bought an iPhone, so the fuck what? Your kid was fed, housed, clothed and everything else, and on top of that I bet YOU had a smartphone already. What kind of balling out do you think she is doing with that lil raggedy piece of money you give her? Maybe buying a couple of MetroCards? HATE dudes like that. In theory, I get his little confessional saying who is Ceaser to mediate, but C was right, the judge is going to say those shoes were a gift, show me the money. He at least KNOWS what will get you locked up.

So glad we didn't have to deal with too much of Dusty Dutchess tonight. Why does Sky need a redo fight? I don't know how well Donna can throw down, but Sky should be happy they didn't end up in an all out brawl, busting stitches and ruining her surgery. That said, I wonder if the payment agreement was laid out prior to the trip. I know in the confessional Sky said splitting it amongst themselves, but that could have been her after the fact saltiness. If they did, then Donna is really shitty to not pay. Otherwise she's just partly shitty, because I can somewhat see her point if she was the only one who actually helped and did the caregiving while the other friends just hung out and lounged while Sky recovered.

Sick of Puma's mother in law. Ceaser's tattoo was hot garbage. 

Edited by sunsheyen.

Share Post

Sunsheyen, you took the words right out of my mouth.  Fathers that want an itemized list of what their CS is taking care of gets on my last nerve!!! And deadbeats always want to talk about "he/she (the child) needed sneakers so I bought him a pair of sneakers". They never think about the last minute or everyday things that need to be taken care of.  When your child's school is asking for money for the class trip on Tuesday and the trip is Friday.  Or when your child wakes up and says that their school shoes are too tight and you immediately need to buy a new pair or the extra curricular activities that need to be paid for along with the uniform and supplies that goes along with that.  The list can go on and on, but yea you bought sneakers *blank stare*. 

Sky wants to redo the fight because Donna had her in a choke hold and essentially she lost so she wants a do over. 

I do feel like Donna is wack for not wanting to pay her portion of the trip because you went to Miami and stayed at the house so you need to pay your share simple as that.  Whether you were the only one that helped Sky in her recovery or not, if everyone else paid then you should too.   

Share Post

Skyy's talking heads rip my soul out every time. That woman is so real and honest about her story I just want to hug her.  I can't imagine coming to terms w who I am as a person after having to give up 2 kids as a young teen.

Share Post