I Am Cait in the Media

If they made a spinoff with Candis and the other gals, I would watch the shit out of it.

Share Post

Caitlyn Jenner and E! deny reports network has canceled ‘I Am Cait’

A rumor spread by trashy gossip website Radar Online that E! has canceled I Am Cait is false, say the high-profile publicist for Caitlyn Jenner as well as a spokeswoman for the network.

“No decision has been made,” said the spokeswoman for E! in an email to LGBTQ Nation. Alan Nierob, co-president of entertainment worldwide at Rogers and Cowan and Jenner’s personal publicist and spokesman, echoed that message in a separate email, stating, “Not to our knowledge.”

Share Post

The continued withholding of ratings information for Season 2 does not bode well for renewal.    Even now, months after Season 2 ended, no ratings have been reported beyond Episode 2. 

We saw Jenner's personal appearance tour canceled earlier this year for lack of ticket sales.   (I wonder how her planned "motivational speaker" career is working for her.)

Maybe E! execs are awaiting the verdict from Jenner's Transparent appearances.   If the reviews are positive, they may try to extend the 15 minutes (yet again) with a Season 3.    Given Jenner's wooden personality, though, critical acclaim seems a reach. 

Adding to her problems, this latest headline may reopen not-so-old wounds.  We all clearly remember the police statement that no paparazzi were chasing Jenner when her truck rear-ended Kim Howe's car and killed the poor woman.

And yet:

Caitlyn Jenner Sues Paparazzi Alleging They Share Responsibility in Fatal Car Accident

The lawsuit reads, in part:

"As a direct consequence and result of this stalking, harassing and distracting conduct, [Jenner] was visually distracted, and the negligence and reckless conduct of the Stalker Defendants did contribute to the cause of an accident where seconds and split seconds mattered," the document reads.

Apparently she is trying to pre-empt a finding of liability against her.  (I'm no lawyer, but "[Jenner] was visually distracted" sounds like an admission of culpability to me.)

Jenner didn't accept responsibility for the crash.   Then the state prosecutor declined to press charges, for reasons that failed to convince the public that she was blameless.  

Now she's trying to revive an excuse that seemed to have been debunked back when the crash happened.   I wonder if the lawsuit names specific photographers (wouldn't the People piece say so if it did?)

I doubt it will win her many fans or whip up feelings of sympathy and popularity.

Edited by millennium.

Share Post

Here's part of a report on the crash from February 2015, in the LA Times.   Bolding is mine:

Authorities on Sunday identified the driver killed in a multivehicle crash in Malibu involving former Olympian Bruce Jenner.

The driver was identified as Kim Howe, 69, of Calabasas, who died at the scene following the noontime crash Saturday on Pacific Coast Highway, Los Angeles County sheriff's officials said.

Howe's Lexus slammed into a Toyota Prius that had slowed down or stopped on the highway, officials said. Jenner, driving a black Cadillac Escalade hauling a trailer with an off-road vehicle, then rear-ended the Lexus, sending it into oncoming traffic, where it collided head-on with a Hummer traveling southbound.

Authorities investigating the crash said Saturday that they plan to examine the cellphone records of Jenner and other motorists involved in the accident to see whether they were texting at the time.

Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department Cmdr. Mike Parker said detectives and traffic investigators will examine the phone records as they try to piece together what happened.

Sgt. Philip Brooks said Sunday that a photo taken before the collision shows Bruce Jenner holding a cellphone, but it's unclear exactly when the photo was taken.

Officials said there is no indication that paparazzi played a role in the crash ...

Motorist killed in crash involving Bruce Jenner is identified

How does Jenner expect to get away with blaming the paparazzi?  The official report states that no paparazzi were involved.

Edited by millennium.

Share Post

It would be funny if the paparazzi retaliated by imposing a blackout on Jenner.   If they got together and refused to photograph her in the absurd outfits, on the lunch dates, attending premieres, all that.

It would destroy her.

Share Post

Good now I can take this show off my homepage. Caitlyn really screwed herself over with her retrograde ideas about the world and she will disappear from public life very quickly mark my words.

Share Post

Our national nightmare is over!

Okay not really. They're just going to double down on how much Caitlyn we see on the other show.

Share Post

3 hours ago, Kromm said:

Our national nightmare is over!

Okay not really. They're just going to double down on how much Caitlyn we see on the other show.

I wouldn't bet the farm on that.   People don't want to see Jenner.   The ratings for I AM CAIT proved it.   Not to mention she's reportedly on the outs with the family.

Share Post

Is anyone surprised that the show quickly came to an end? Cait proved to be stubbornly archaic on matters that affect her own community - which no doubt is largely impacted by her money and fame which allows her to hide from the realities of the LGBT community. The biggest challenge to the community is the political barriers in place that allow people to freely discriminate. I would wager that most casual viewers of the show probably have political interests that align with human rights issues in favour of the LGBT community in contrast to the protagonist that considers a potentially strong economy to be a greater priority than the quality of life and freedoms that those within that economy get to enjoy. See ya Cait, not going to miss you. I will miss the other women though. They were refreshing and were the only reason I continued to watch the show.

Share Post

On 8/17/2016 at 10:13 AM, RHJunkie said:

Cait proved to be stubbornly archaic on matters that affect her own community - which no doubt is largely impacted by her money and fame which allows her to hide from the realities of the LGBT community. 

I don't have a feeling Jenner is hiding from any realities.   I think Jenner is quite simply a bad person.  Self-centered, arrogant, vain, blind to anyone's else's discomfort or need.  

Even if Jenner were to start espousing democratic viewpoints tomorrow, would that make her compassionate, considerate, warm, giving, a good listener, engaging, etc?   Or would it be the same old Jenner in Democrat drag?

The other women sacrificed all the credibility they spent their lives accruing.  Even now, Boylan is still drinking the Kool Aid, crowing on her Twitter about how proud she was to be part of this farce.

Share Post

On 8/17/2016 at 10:13 AM, RHJunkie said:

See ya Cait, not going to miss you. I will miss the other women though. They were refreshing and were the only reason I continued to watch the show.

As has been discussed before though... a lot of them arguably compromised themselves quite a bit on this show. Even their shows of exasperation in a way "helped" someone who didn't deserve it.  But worst of all are the ones who made excuses for Caitlyn Jenner. Some of those excuses seemed to go beyond the bounds of what contracts forcing them to stay on the show might have entailed. 

Share Post