Chicago Fire in the Media

On 16/08/2018 at 2:21 PM, Chas411 said:

Exactly and I've no interest in watching Matt pine over a long distance relationship when they could do so much more with him, he's been around sidelined long enough. 

Her exit suits the character - it doesn't shock me in the slightest that she'd fuck of to PR without so much of a thought for her marriage. It's in line with how she's behaved throughout the entire relationship. Utterly selfish and self serving.

Quite true.  The character got the ending she deserved and it was clear that it had all been very hastily written because the show runners didnt believe she would actually have the cheek to leave even though she had apparently told them at the beginning of season 6. The writers and show runner were clearly caught out by their sheer arrogance this time. And the last thing the show needs is for everyone to whine about Gabby leaving. Get a grip and deal with the actress (who was always very good in the part) leaving. Embrace the great story lines that could now happen instead of  pining around for her or making Casey do it. Hopefully Severide will be enough of a friend (and a man) to tell Casey to his face how badly Dawson treated him and when he looks back objectively Casey will see this for himself! Dont want to hear her name ever again in this show. She was a horrible character and we are glad she has gone for good! And it is unforgivable if Haas and the rest of the writers mess this up and fail to  put Casey back where he should be - front and centre of the show! The Gabby fans are all very hacked off with them for what they did to Gabby and the Casey fans will be equally angry if Casey continues to be sidelined through season 7!  If that happens, by the end of season 7 they wont have many viewers left and probably wont have a season 8 either!

Share Post

I've seen a lot of of Gabby fans in comments about this Haas situation on the various sites saying they want a recast so their couple can continue. 

Share Post

12 minutes ago, Jaded said:

I've seen a lot of of Gabby fans in comments about this Haas situation on the various sites saying they want a recast so their couple can continue. 

Cant see that happening because most Dawsey fans are also Monica Raymund fans so don't think they would ever accept a replacement Gabby! And neither would all the show fans who couldn't stand the Gabby character either so l guess it would be a risky move for the writers and might alienate more people than they would by having Gabby just leave, never to return. 

Share Post

5 hours ago, Jaded said:

It's not Days of our Lives or Bold and the Beautiful where they can explain a different actor with a lame plastic surgery storyline, or dream sequence. 

Share Post

2 hours ago, Guildford said:

It's not Days of our Lives or Bold and the Beautiful where they can explain a different actor with a lame plastic surgery storyline, or dream sequence. 

That's exactly what I thought each time I saw people making the comments I mentioned. 

Share Post

Annie Ilonzeh will be joining the show in a recurring role of new paramedic Emily Foster. Hey, someone has to work the ambulance!

Share Post

Dawson’s gone? Wow, I may have to come back this season. I gave it up mid last year because I couldn’t stand her or the show revolving around her. 

But this is great news!

Share Post

4 hours ago, Sake614 said:

Dawson’s gone? Wow, I may have to come back this season. I gave it up mid last year because I couldn’t stand her or the show revolving around her. 

But this is great news!

Yay! It sure is but the showrunner, one Mr Derek Haas is clearly hoping she will come back to the show. We are all hoping she won't...EVER! So many of us out here can't stand the Gabby Dawson character and for many of us that character spoiled the show. Please come back to the show. It will be so amazing to see Casey without her henpecking him and generally being whiny spoiled obnoxious and rude.  Maybe now Casey can get back to how he used to be until they stuck her to him like a leech!

Share Post