Jump to content

Jazz and the Jennings Family in the Media

I hope Jazz has an easy recovery (well as easy as can be expected) and continues to stay in therapy for her to be at her healthiest place when she leaves for college next year. 

2

Share Post


Link to post

Maybe someone needs to tell Jazz, that ladies do not speak about their vaginas in public, like she is doing? It really should be a private thing.

5

Share Post


Link to post

It was my understanding that Dillard referred to Jazz's surgery as child abuse.  I won't speculate as to what he meant by that, but, since Jazz is underage for consent on the surgery, as an adult and parent, I do not think that I would have consented to that surgery as Jazz's parents.  Based on what was shown on the show, I would have allowed her to make that decision after she reached age 18.  And, I have absolutely no other agenda or issue with re-assignment surgery in general. 

 Dillard should let it go though.  He's not helping at all.  I wonder why he feels this irresistible urge to tweet about Jazz, especially, since she's on a network where his wife and family appear.  Odd, imo.  He needs to read more and educate himself on the matter.  I think that might help him. 

2

Share Post


Link to post
1 hour ago, winsomeone said:

Maybe someone needs to tell Jazz, that ladies do not speak about their vaginas in public, like she is doing? It really should be a private thing.

Maybe she doesn’t want to be a lady? I know I don’t. 

Dillard tweeted that stuff so long ago that it’s weird that Radar included it in a current article. Clickbait probably, though Derrick Dillard being clickbait has me laughing a little. 

1

Share Post


Link to post
3 hours ago, winsomeone said:

Maybe someone needs to tell Jazz, that ladies do not speak about their vaginas in public, like she is doing? It really should be a private thing.

Why should it be a private thing? She can and should talk about whatever she wants to talk about her own body. 

5

Share Post


Link to post
3 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

It was my understanding that Dillard referred to Jazz's surgery as child abuse.  I won't speculate as to what he meant by that, but, since Jazz is underage for consent on the surgery, as an adult and parent, I do not think that I would have consented to that surgery as Jazz's parents.  Based on what was shown on the show, I would have allowed her to make that decision after she reached age 18.  And, I have absolutely no other agenda or issue with re-assignment surgery in general. 

I completely agree. It seemed very clear that Jazz gets whatever Jazz wants, whether or not it was a good idea, from her mother and that she and her mother steamrolled her father. Case in point, they went to 3 different doctors who all told Jazz the same thing about her surgery and each time Jazz demanded to see another surgeon because she wasn't having more than one surgery. Even when she found her wonder surgeon, she denied that there might be a problem after she put on 30 lbs and was hiding food in her room. Jazz was also pretty emotionally arrested at about age 13 it seemed. Her mother and Jazz both glossed over the idea of how she would get her psychiatric letters. To me, the decision for surgery seemed motivated by the show and by being the youngest to get surgery rather than because she was ready for the surgery and the aftercare. For Jazz's sake, I hope she was truly ready for the surgery and aftercare and that this was Jazz's independent determination that she was ready. But I, too, would have made her wait until she was 18.

5

Share Post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Pachengala said:

Maybe she doesn’t want to be a lady? I know I don’t. 

Dillard tweeted that stuff so long ago that it’s weird that Radar included it in a current article. Clickbait probably, though Derrick Dillard being clickbait has me laughing a little. 

He tweeted again last week, after Jazz's surgery. 

1

Share Post


Link to post
5 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

rstanding that Dillard referred to Jazz's surgery as child abuse.  I won't speculate as to what he meant by that, but, since Jazz is underage for consent on the surgery, as an adult and parent, I d

Dillard said a lot of shit about Jazz and did it all while misgendering her which is why TLC stated he won’t be seen on the show again. It was a lot of transphobic bullshit and it was done several times. His latest was not long ago which is why TLC reiterated he won’t be appearing.

Edited by biakbiak.
2

Share Post


Link to post
25 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

He tweeted again last week, after Jazz's surgery. 

Whoa! I didn’t realize that. Thanks for the heads up!

0

Share Post


Link to post

That dude is a loser and a creep. He is way too interested in putting down a teenager that he doesn't even know. It sounds like he might be dealing with some stuff that he doesn't want to face...just a thought. Why else would he care so much?

7

Share Post


Link to post
On 7/1/2018 at 1:51 PM, biakbiak said:

Why should it be a private thing? She can and should talk about whatever she wants to talk about her own body. 

I know I wouldn't want every covo to be about some vag. There's a time and a place for everything 

7

Share Post


Link to post

I just want to congratulate Jazz.

 

Yes, there are issues about her mental health and about her being underage. They are legitimate issues. But the surgery is done now, and she seems happy about it. Perhaps it will help to bring her the closure she needs.

4

Share Post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Crazy Bird Lady said:

I just want to congratulate Jazz.

 

Yes, there are issues about her mental health and about her being underage. They are legitimate issues. But the surgery is done now, and she seems happy about it. Perhaps it will help to bring her the closure she needs.

I hope so.  We'll see how Jazz is as she moves forward with her life. I do wish her well.  I'm interested to see whether her decision has brought her the happiness she expected.  And if she will mature more now. 

I will say that I actually learned more about transitioning watching the reality show Lost In Transition than I did all the seasons that I watched this one.  Odd, I know.  I'm not sure if that was because this show is geared more towards young people or not.  But, it was quite enlightening.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe.
6

Share Post


Link to post

I think you are remembering correctly, but, I never got the idea that sex was pretty much not going to be a part of a transgender woman's life, like it was portrayed on this other show. I really hope that the medical experts explained that, so the consent was truly informed. 

0

Share Post


Link to post
Official Post

Jazzers, can we please remember to use this thread for media pertaining to Jazz and her family and post our general questions/answers in the appropriate thread?

Thank you all so much for having such interesting discourse about a topic which many of us have never experienced. 

-17WT

1

Share Post


Link to post
2 hours ago, gingerella said:

Maybe you could move our posts related to this to that thread? Thanks!

I might be so inclined to do so. 

:-)

But let's all try to remember to post in the proper threads for practical purposes. 

:-)

0

Share Post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now