Jump to content

The Bachelor in the Media

Thank you for the recap nutty1, Poor Meredith. I would have been gone after that. I don't care what contract I signed, I can't imagine anyone signing a contract to be drugged and molested.  Nothing would keep me in a situation where that happened.

I wonder how long into the taping that was, because I can't imagine having to be there after it happened, smile on my face, pretending this is such a great experience. I didn't watch her season so I don't know if there were any signs that something bad had happened, like she was closed off or a "bitch" or anything. I know there was one people thought was kind of bitchy but I don't remember who. If it was her I would 100% understand why she was.

0

Share Post


Link to post
36 minutes ago, Mabinogia said:

Thank you for the recap nutty1, Poor Meredith. I would have been gone after that. I don't care what contract I signed, I can't imagine anyone signing a contract to be drugged and molested.  Nothing would keep me in a situation where that happened.

I wonder how long into the taping that was, because I can't imagine having to be there after it happened, smile on my face, pretending this is such a great experience. I

They were still at the mansion, so early into the process.

1

Share Post


Link to post

I thought Meredith was married now.

0

Share Post


Link to post
38 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I thought Meredith was married now.

That did not last long at all.

0

Share Post


Link to post
Just now, nutty1 said:

That did not last long at all.

Oh, I didn't know that...that's too bad, I thought she seemed happy.

0

Share Post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, ByTor said:
13 minutes ago, ByTor said:
14 minutes ago, nutty1 said:

That did not last long at all.

Oh, I didn't know that...that's too bad, I thought she seemed happy.

 

If you listen to the podcast, "happy" will be the last word that will spring to your mind. As nutty1 said, she definitely seemed off, and I would wager she was ....not sober during the interview, either. 

4

Share Post


Link to post
39 minutes ago, Mambo Queen said:

If you listen to the podcast, "happy" will be the last word that will spring to your mind. As nutty1 said, she definitely seemed off, and I would wager she was ....not sober during the interview, either. 

Actually I meant I thought she seemed happy when she got married, I haven't heard a thing about her in quite a while.

0

Share Post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Mambo Queen said:

If you listen to the podcast, "happy" will be the last word that will spring to your mind. As nutty1 said, she definitely seemed off, and I would wager she was ....not sober during the interview, either. 

I totally understand your take on her speech patterns, but I really disagree - she speaks the way  I speak when I am being deliberate and carefully choosing my words.  I think we are just really used to people discussing BS in chirpy tones, and this is the opposite of that.  She discusses sexual assault, her dad dying, her mom dying, her husband beating her, etc.  And Reality Steve is NOT a good interviewer, he is not making her feel comfortable and drawing her out.  Though she certainly lays a lot out there. 

She seems like she is very broken though - to come on Reality Steve's podcast and lay that all out there - it's very heartbreaking.  She seems like someone who by many accounts has led a charmed life, but has so much go wrong.  I hope she is okay and has a support structure.  

9

Share Post


Link to post
On 5/22/2018 at 9:06 PM, nutty1 said:

Ashley and Jared are officially a couple

Are they really a couple or do they figure that teaming up will get them more publicity? If it is true I am happy for Ashley.

0

Share Post


Link to post

I just saw Arie and Lauren on The View announcing their wedding date...who booked them and why do people still care? And how convenient they announce it less than one week before Becca's season starts. Shady.

9

Share Post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Armchair Critic said:

Are they really a couple or do they figure that teaming up will get them more publicity? If it is true I am happy for Ashley.

I watched their video "The Story of Us" and it tells how their relationship evolved and the kick in the ass he said he needed when Ashley started dating Kevin from Winter Games.  He got very emotional during certain parts and it was quite endearing.   I don't think Jared would do this for publicity and we all know how Ashley has felt about Jared for so many years.

5

Share Post


Link to post

Nutty, I thought the exact same thing and posted as much in the Bachelorette thread. I felt really sad for her and disturbed both by the terrible events in her life and the tone of the interview- she definitely was not the vivacious person she once was. She seemed almost childlike. I also thought she might have been on something.

0

Share Post


Link to post

I still like Arie, regardless.  I think he screwed up some things royally and could have done some other things a lot differently, but I don't believe what he did to Becca came from a place of malice.  I hope he & Lauren prove everybody wrong and have a great life together, with everything they want.  Probably won't happen, but oh well......*LOL*

3

Share Post


Link to post
16 hours ago, CindyBee said:

A reporter for GQ spent two days with Arie and Lauren in Arizona;  make sure you read all the way to the end

Sounds like Arie doesn't want Lauren getting information from others, probably why they didn't (he didn't want her to?) watch the final episode.

8

Share Post


Link to post

I am still not sure about Arie and Lauren.  They seem decently happy, but is it because they have no existence of a normal life and so far just seem to be travelling together and doing fun things?  Seeing some of their pics, of course Lauren is happy, she gets a free ride everywhere in the world, they are buying a big fancy new house, and she is getting married in Hawaii.  But what happens after that? 

5

Share Post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, alexa said:

I am still not sure about Arie and Lauren.  They seem decently happy, but is it because they have no existence of a normal life and so far just seem to be travelling together and doing fun things?  Seeing some of their pics, of course Lauren is happy, she gets a free ride everywhere in the world, they are buying a big fancy new house, and she is getting married in Hawaii.  But what happens after that? 

According to the GQ article, Lauren is working on getting her real estate license. I wouldn't be surprised if the two of them try to land an HGTV show, Flip Or Flop Phoenix or something similar.

4

Share Post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, chocolatine said:

According to the GQ article, Lauren is working on getting her real estate license. I wouldn't be surprised if the two of them try to land an HGTV show, Flip Or Flop Phoenix or something similar.

Yes, I saw that.  I just wondered if she would actually do anything or just was getting the license.  lol.  Anyway, you are probably right.  I also saw in the article how they said they thought about televising the wedding but decided not to.  I think the actual truth is that noone really wanted to televise their wedding--even if people moved on from the Becca thing, I don't think they are a popular couple.  But perhaps the DIY or HGTV crowd might tolerate them.

3

Share Post


Link to post
3 hours ago, chocolatine said:

According to the GQ article, Lauren is working on getting her real estate license. I wouldn't be surprised if the two of them try to land an HGTV show, Flip Or Flop Phoenix or something similar.

Given the likely ratings with those two i suspect it would be “Flop Phoenix.”

10

Share Post


Link to post
4 hours ago, alexa said:

I am still not sure about Arie and Lauren.  They seem decently happy, but is it because they have no existence of a normal life and so far just seem to be travelling together and doing fun things?  Seeing some of their pics, of course Lauren is happy, she gets a free ride everywhere in the world, they are buying a big fancy new house, and she is getting married in Hawaii.  But what happens after that? 

This is what I think about too. Right now everything is fun and adventurous. What happens when real life begins? 

5

Share Post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, LemonSoda said:

This is what I think about too. Right now everything is fun and adventurous. What happens when real life begins? 

I remember on BiP where Lace and whats-his-name were wandering around some quaint Mexican town, window shopping, and she said something like "this is what life could be like with (whats-his-name)".

Yes, we all spend our lives on vacation....

5

Share Post


Link to post
1 hour ago, call me ishmael said:

Given the likely ratings with those two i suspect it would be “Flop Phoenix.”

Oh, for sure.

Arie: "what do you think about this house, honey?"

Lauren: "wow"

7

Share Post


Link to post

Becca was on The View the other day.  The hosts were telling Becca they think she was too strong a woman for Arie.  Joy was mentioning that Arie and Lauren had just been on the show to talk about their wedding.  The hosts mentioned that Arie sat with his hand on Lauren the whole time like he was controlling her.  They found it odd and uncomfortable that they would ask her a question but he seemed to be controlling it all.  They did not feel Becca could be controlled like Lauren was.  Interesting observation why Arie might have preferred Lauren. 

I just find Arie & Lauren have an odd relationship.  In the above article Arie even had to call the reporter on Lauren's behalf.  He told the reporter that they would not be continuing the interview because Lauren was upset.  Who was really upset?     

7

Share Post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, LakeGal said:

He told the reporter that they would not be continuing the interview because Lauren was upset.

I think he realized life with Becca would be challenging so we went with Lauren who is basically just there. I feel like Lauren wants a hero, a knight in shining armour who will call big bad interviewers on her behalf so she can just sit around avoiding conflict herself and letting him do everything while she is his pretty little arm candy.

Edited by Mabinogia.
5

Share Post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Mabinogia said:

I think he realized life with Becca would be challenging so we went with Lauren who is basically just there. I feel like Lauren wants a hero, a knight in shining armour who will call big bad interviewers on her behalf so she can just sit around avoiding conflict herself and letting him do everything while she is his pretty little arm candy.

and at the same time proclaim she is a strong, independent woman, like she said in the article.  lol.  She just rubs me the wrong way for some reason.  Maybe it is for the reasons you have mentioned.  I also think the people I like best from this show are the ones that go back to doing "something" when they are done--to give Arie credit, he is working and racing, so nothing has changed.  But Lauren is the little woman following him around and has no apparent goal other than to get a real estate license so she can "work" with him.  I like that JoJo, Rachel, etc seemed to have settled down to fairly normal lives with their SO, and the SO seems to be doing things as well.  

5

Share Post


Link to post
43 minutes ago, alexa said:

I also think the people I like best from this show are the ones that go back to doing "something" when they are done--to give Arie credit, he is working and racing, so nothing has changed.  But Lauren is the little woman following him around and has no apparent goal other than to get a real estate license so she can "work" with him.  I like that JoJo, Rachel, etc seemed to have settled down to fairly normal lives with their SO, and the SO seems to be doing things as well.  

Yeah, I think that the ones who go back to their normal lives are the ones who actually succeed/last. I don't get the fame whores at all because personally I would not want to be under that kind of constant scrutiny. If I make a boneheaded mistake I would like to keep it between me and the few people who witnessed it. I don't need it picked apart by random strangers. But some of them truly seem to NEED that kind of attention.

And forget about a brand new relationship being under that kind of constant scrutiny. Seriously, I'm amazed that any of them survive it. Though I guess when you prevent the little woman from watching the part where you humiliate yourself and your 10 second fiancé on national TV it helps protect the relationship. haha

4

Share Post


Link to post
On 6/1/2018 at 9:33 AM, LakeGal said:

Becca was on The View the other day.  The hosts were telling Becca they think she was too strong a woman for Arie.  Joy was mentioning that Arie and Lauren had just been on the show to talk about their wedding.  The hosts mentioned that Arie sat with his hand on Lauren the whole time like he was controlling her.  They found it odd and uncomfortable that they would ask her a question but he seemed to be controlling it all.  They did not feel Becca could be controlled like Lauren was.  Interesting observation why Arie might have preferred Lauren. 

I just find Arie & Lauren have an odd relationship.  In the above article Arie even had to call the reporter on Lauren's behalf.  He told the reporter that they would not be continuing the interview because Lauren was upset.  Who was really upset?     

I mean, didn't his family say the same thing? Becca would challenge him on a day to day basis (which they loved aka realizing he needs someone to put him in his place). 

Edited by weightyghost.
3

Share Post


Link to post

I find them both so vacuous that, oddly, getting married to prove everyone wrong is as good a reason as any....

6

Share Post


Link to post

Im not sure that he is controlling as much as she is needy, and he likes supporting her and being her everything.  Thats a dynamic that can go bad, certainly, but Arie seems to really like being needed.   They are certainly lame as can be.  and he is dumb as a rock, but I dont actually think they are a terrible match.  

6

Share Post


Link to post

I agree, it's not so much controlling, it's he wants to be her big hero protector, and she wants a prince charming to take care of her. I think their idea of romantic is a very childlike. Fortunately he is rich enough to maintain the fairytale bubble they will live in.

I doubt either one of them wants to be challenged because they both seem to "special snowflake"y to handle much of a challenge. They really are perfect for each other. 

3

Share Post


Link to post

I couldn't find a "where are they now" thread, but on the June  (24? 26?) episode of To Tell The Truth, the one with Alex Trebek on the panel, one of the impostors was actually the first woman to have gotten a kiss on The Bachelor, ever, back in Season 1.

0

Share Post


Link to post

They look happy.  And have certainly lasted at least 6 months longer than many people predicted.  I hope it works out for them, I never stopped liking him.  

0

Share Post


Link to post

Did you cath Corinne on Who is America?  she is clearly super dumb and manipulable.  Must have been a producers dream.  

Not that we didnt know that...

2

Share Post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, fib said:

Did you cath Corinne on Who is America?  she is clearly super dumb and manipulable.  Must have been a producers dream.  

Not that we didnt know that...

I've read about it, but I can't bring myself to watch Who Is America. I caught the preview last week - without Corinne - and had to turn it off after a few minutes. I loved Sacha on Da Ali G Show when he interviewed people like Boutros Boutros-Ghali and Noam Chomsky, but going after idiots like Corinne and Sarah Palin with increasingly elaborate setups seems too mean-spirited and not funny.

5

Share Post


Link to post

I think Corinne is the perfect person to be on Who is America because she really does answer that question.  She's a total fame whore who will do anything, no matter how stupid, for another 15 minutes of fame.  Sadly, that's America.  If she looks ridiculous on the show, she's only got herself to blame for that.  With all she's been through on the Bachelor franchises, if she hasn't learned her lesson by now, she never will.

5

Share Post


Link to post

According to Reality Steve's twitter, Sean Lowe is going to be his podcast guest this week. 

That is an EPIC score for Steve, in my opinion.  I love his podcasts anyway (Holly Allen's was heartbreaking) but this should be really good.  

1

Share Post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now