Jump to content

All Episodes Talk

I thought the funny guys and girls was a fun game. I loved how they greeted one another and I wish we could have seen all the contestants do it. The guys were especially good at finding the answers so I was a little bummed that the girls pulled it out. 

5

Share Post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I thought the funny guys and girls was a fun game. I loved how they greeted one another and I wish we could have seen all the contestants do it. The guys were especially good at finding the answers so I was a little bummed that the girls pulled it out. 

That's the structure of the game.  One team can get all the answers except one or two and still lose the game.  I've seen far more lop-sided games than that.

0

Share Post


Link to post

Yeah, that's why Steve Harvey often warns, "You've got one answer left. If it's there, you're family wins the game. If it's not, the other family can steal, and they will win the game!"

1

Share Post


Link to post

I love June Diane Raphael and Paul Scheer.  This was the perfect episode.  That is all.

1

Share Post


Link to post

I know this never happens, but I was hoping Funny Gals vs Funny Guys would extend to the 2nd half hour.

Fave part: "the waitresses haven't sung Happy Birthday to me."

Other fave part: "oh, so we don't poop?!"

Edited by Blissfool.
3

Share Post


Link to post
18 hours ago, jhlipton said:

That's the structure of the game.  One team can get all the answers except one or two and still lose the game.  I've seen far more lop-sided games than that.

Oh I understand that.  I just think the guys were stronger at coming up with answers and I would have liked to see how they did in the final round. That's all.

Edited by Irlandesa.
3

Share Post


Link to post

I wasn't familiar with most of the funny women so I googled them. When I found out that Andrea Savage's first role was on Sweet Valley High, I needed them to win. 

 

It was a pretty kooky but fun episode! 

1

Share Post


Link to post
On 7/24/2017 at 5:42 PM, Irlandesa said:

Oh I understand that.  I just think the guys were stronger at coming up with answers and I would have liked to see how they did in the final round. That's all.

Got that -- there's been many a time the better team lost on the final question.

0

Share Post


Link to post

The Christina Milian and Louis Anderson episode was just kind of sad to me.  I kept trying to remember why Christina was popular/famous.  I just felt sadness oozing from Louis' family.

0

Share Post


Link to post

Steve screwed up with Leah's family.  The sister passed on the first answer but they never went back to it even though she had time left.  Not that it mattered because she had enough points but still...  Overall, I kind of liked that game since both Leah and Sandra's family did a nice job of both filling out the puzzles and coming up with the one empty slot to steal. The woman to Sandra's left looked like she would have been good to have for the final round.

0

Share Post


Link to post

Not surprised by how many dumb answers came from those bachelor/ette dummies.

4

Share Post


Link to post

The questions were hard, though. Most of the answers didn't make sense. 

Something you hope doesnt crawl into your sleeping bag? Me ??!!

Laughable places to have sex? Car, shower, basement seem pretty normal to me.

Couldnt believe snake was not a correct answer for sexy animal sound. 

0

Share Post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Blissfool said:

The questions were hard, though. Most of the answers didn't make sense. 

Something you hope doesnt crawl into your sleeping bag? Me ??!!

Laughable places to have sex? Car, shower, basement seem pretty normal to me.

Couldnt believe snake was not a correct answer for sexy animal sound. 

They weren't hard really. Especially you got a sense of what they were going for.

Animal sounds. It was clear people were giving answers with powerful sounding animals after a while.

The make whoopie question became clear it was literally almost all regular places in the home quickly. 

The sleeping bag question? Anything that crawl or moves in nature would be a better answer than a twig.

0

Share Post


Link to post
17 hours ago, Racj82 said:

Not surprised by how many dumb answers came from those bachelor/ette dummies.

Granted, there were some real doozies, but who didn’t laugh when the subject was "something you hope your wife doesn’t do like her mother" and Daniel said “smells?”  Otherwise, I thought the guys gave some good answers for that one that I surprised weren’t up there, and the answer “have sex like” was wrong on every possible level.  What kind of people does this show survey?  Yikes!  

0

Share Post


Link to post
17 hours ago, Blissfool said:

The questions were hard, though. Most of the answers didn't make sense. 

Something you hope doesnt crawl into your sleeping bag? Me ??!!

Laughable places to have sex? Car, shower, basement seem pretty normal to me.

Couldnt believe snake was not a correct answer for sexy animal sound. 

I became addicted to the regular Family Feud last year during 12 rounds of chemotherapy, so I knew most of the answers. I was yelling "Tiger!" for the sexy animal sound. I didn't think of "me" for the sleeping bag question, but it didn't surprise me either. If one of my daughters would marry into a family with a lot of uneducated relatives who would go on the show with me, we'd stand a good chance of winning the money and the car. Or maybe some celebrity who really can't figure out any other way to get $25,000 for charity will adopt me. It just better not be a bachelorette family or a "real housewife." There's a limit to how stupid contestants can be to win on this show.

0

Share Post


Link to post

I know I shouldn't admit this, but I kind of adore Sandra Lee.  Not because I want to eat any of her food, but because I think she'd be a riot to go out drinking with.  And because she seems to be an honestly good person.  And I think seeing what a good sport she was kind of goes toward that.  Or she's a hell of an actress.

Although how does a celebrity chef not come up with "sponge cake?"

Lea Thompson was fun too.  Very sweet of her to play for the MJF Foundation, too.

1

Share Post


Link to post
On ‎8‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 9:11 PM, starri said:

Although how does a celebrity chef not come up with "sponge cake?"

My daughter who is home on vacation from culinary school for baking and pastry was practically screaming at the TV "Sponge CAKE".  She was very upset Sandra Lee didn't get that one.

1

Share Post


Link to post
On 8/7/2017 at 9:11 PM, starri said:

I know I shouldn't admit this, but I kind of adore Sandra Lee.  Not because I want to eat any of her food, but because I think she'd be a riot to go out drinking with.  And because she seems to be an honestly good person.  And I think seeing what a good sport she was kind of goes toward that.

I agree!  Sure we have made fun of her show Semi-homemade but it was hilarious.  She is a very nice person and I wish her well.

On 8/7/2017 at 1:34 AM, Racj82 said:

Not surprised by how many dumb answers came from those bachelor/ette dummies.

Obviously I.Q. is not a variable for selection.

0

Share Post


Link to post
8 hours ago, jumper sage said:

Obviously I.Q. is not a variable for selection.

Low IQ or at least familiarity with low IQ culture seems to be required to give answers that will match the survey responses to many of the questions. The bachelorettes probably have a very narrow cultural IQ, and are in the habit of giving answers based on their own preferences rather than others' choices.

Edited by shapeshifter.
1

Share Post


Link to post

I haven't watched in awhile and am doing so right now because there's nothing else on TV. The Sunday night ABC programming was delayed here because of football so the local affiliate is airing those shows now. CFF at least is in SD instead of HD so I'm watching the SD version so I don't have to see those black bars on the sides of the screen. After looking at the online TV guide for Uverse I see it's a rerun too.

0

Share Post


Link to post

I re-watched the episode with Steve's family. Such a hoot, from "pool boy" to the pat on the butt.

Sunday's episode was new.  In the first part (Jennie Garth [best known for 90210] vs Kyle Massey [That's So Raven]), Jennie's poor 14 year-old daughter had one embarrassing answer and the only time she was asked again was for the game, her family having two strikes.  She was shaking and couldn't get an answer out.  I felt so sorry for her.

The second part was Lee Brice vs Jerrod Niemann, both country singers.

I wonder if it's possible for the the first player in Fast Money to get all the #1 answers and get 200 points by themselves, or if the questions are arranged such that all the #1 add up to less than 200.  I saw an episode where the first player got all but 1 #1; the second player got it, and the difference between the two didn't quite reach 200.  Has any one player reached 200 points?

On 7/26/2017 at 8:00 AM, seacliffsal said:

 I kept trying to remember why Christina was popular/famous.

She was just in Grandfathered and the reboot of Rocky Horror Picture Show, She's also had a couple of albums that sold well.

0

Share Post


Link to post
15 hours ago, jhlipton said:

Jennie's poor 14 year-old daughter had one embarrassing answer and the only time she was asked again was for the game, her family having two strikes.  She was shaking and couldn't get an answer out.  I

I really appreciated the way Steve Harvey reassured her in a joking way that no answer was her best answer. I wonder if she liked what he said too or not.

 

15 hours ago, jhlipton said:

I wonder if it's possible for the the first player in Fast Money to get all the #1 answers and get 200 points by themselves, or if the questions are arranged such that all the #1 add up to less than 200.  I saw an episode where the first player got all but 1 #1; the second player got it, and the difference between the two didn't quite reach 200.  Has any one player reached 200 points?

Evidentally it did happen on the regular Family Feud, because an episode I saw recently referred to it having happened with that same family member in the previous round of Fast Money. Sorry I don't recall the name of the family or the air date.

0

Share Post


Link to post
13 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

I really appreciated the way Steve Harvey reassured her in a joking way that no answer was her best answer. I wonder if she liked what he said too or not.

What's weird to me is the way everyone over-reacted to her answer in the first place.  Like 14 year-olds don't think about sex.  And I wonder if she was a boy, they would have been as flustered. 

13 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

Evidentally it did happen on the regular Family Feud, because an episode I saw recently referred to it having happened with that same family member in the previous round of Fast Money. Sorry I don't recall the name of the family or the air date.

Thanks for the info!

1

Share Post


Link to post
On 8/29/2017 at 8:07 PM, shapeshifter said:

I really appreciated the way Steve Harvey reassured her in a joking way that no answer was her best answer. I wonder if she liked what he said too or not.

 

Evidentally it did happen on the regular Family Feud, because an episode I saw recently referred to it having happened with that same family member in the previous round of Fast Money. Sorry I don't recall the name of the family or the air date.

Funny, I just read this...somewhere...days ago, but on the '70s version of Celebrity Family Feud, apparently the late actress Debralee Scott (who was playing with her cast members from Angie) was the first in Fast Money and got all 200 points, so Robert Hays didn't have to do squat.

So it's obviously rare, but it can happen!

3

Share Post


Link to post

Wow, there were some Atlanta housewives on tonight, and what a bunch of grumps. I don't watch those shows, but it seemed like they didn't want to be near each other. Nobody shook hands. It was distracting. Steve barely managed to ham it up.

0

Share Post


Link to post

I thought that whole episode was a train wreck.  This is what they used for the season finale?  Laurie should be ashamed of herself.  Those were not "oh, I'm so rich so I'm out of touch questions" in the fast round.  They were pretty basic questions.  Obviously, she's not good under pressure.  The DWTS should just never speak.  Just smile, dance and look pretty.

3

Share Post


Link to post

Why the fuck did they let Lori do the fast round? 

The mom on Kandi's team bitch slapping air cracked me up.

2

Share Post


Link to post
On 9/9/2017 at 6:45 PM, WendyCR72 said:

Funny, I just read this...somewhere...days ago, but on the '70s version of Celebrity Family Feud, apparently the late actress Debralee Scott (who was playing with her cast members from Angie) was the first in Fast Money and got all 200 points, so Robert Hays didn't have to do squat.

So it's obviously rare, but it can happen!

I saw a fast money clip on youtube once where the first person got 200 points.  They had the second person come out as usual and the host (Ray Combs, I think) asked him really weird questions.  

2

Share Post


Link to post
4 hours ago, needschocolate said:

I saw a fast money clip on youtube once where the first person got 200 points.  They had the second person come out as usual and the host (Ray Combs, I think) asked him really weird questions.  

Here's the Ray Combs clip:

3

Share Post


Link to post
On 9/29/2017 at 11:53 AM, jhlipton said:

Here's the Ray Combs clip:

Thanks for posting this.  

2

Share Post


Link to post

Regarding Lori from Shark Tank-they probably let her go to the final round because she was insistent about her ability to think quickly, etc. (Bagel Stuffins anyone?).  I think Celebrity Family Feud really wants the 'celebrities' to win the big money as that probably helps draw other 'celebrities' to the show.  I thought Robert was having a lot of fun and was surprised that Daymond wasn't the second person to play the final round as he seems like he is more aware of popular culture and thought.  I really was hoping that one of the Sharks would have offered to make-up the difference for their charity.

2

Share Post


Link to post

They wasted an hour on the West/Kardashians?! Then they allowed them to change the rules having a sixth family member(grandma) and let Kanye and Kim play fast money when they lost? Ugh!

If they are going to spend an hour on one family,could they do it for one that's actually gonna be entertaining for an hour?

Edited by Arcadiasw.
3

Share Post


Link to post

After the first 10 minutes and they didn't get to a question I knew this was going to be an hour. So unnecessary. Wonder if it still would have been an hour if the Hiltons showed up. If Grandma wanted to play why not just drop the guy who isn't actually a part of the family.

3

Share Post


Link to post

Or drop the female cousin who came along...

Kim looked worried the whole time that someone on her team was going to say something inappropriate.  Also, could the writers have done anything more to ensure a victory for Kim and Kanye?  "Name an ingredient needed to make a milk shake..."  

I do believe that Kanye is a fan of the show as he knew a lot of the catch phrases, etc.  Hilarious when asked the first question in the final round "of 100 people asked, what did they answer for rate yourself between 1 and 10 of how hot you are compared to the people with whom you work..." and Kim immediately goes to "10."  No, Kim, it's how those SURVEYED answered the question.

It will be interesting to see what the ratings are as they totally gave the West-Kardashian-Jenner families whatever they wanted for their appearing on the show.  New rules, bend the rules, you got it!  I wonder what Kanye said to ensure that he and Kim would be the ones playing for the $25,000 regardless of which team actually won.

3

Share Post


Link to post

Kanye just slammed that buzzer right down with the wrong hand. He seemed genuinely happy to be there though.

1

Share Post


Link to post

They were both playing for the same charity so it didn't matter who did the Fast Money.

1

Share Post


Link to post

This seriously make me like Kanye!  The pure look of joy on his face was priceless.  I didn't care they changed the rules, people tuned in for Kim and Kanye anyway so I was happy to see them get to play fast money.  

2

Share Post


Link to post

Last night was better. Shaq and Charles were funny. I lost it with Shaq and the big question and Charles' answer using a baby to cover an open fly.

3

Share Post


Link to post

I saw "Steph Curry vs. Chris Paul and Laurie Hernandez vs. Shawn Johnson East." The Curry-Paul contest was one of the most enjoyable ever—in part because Steve really liked them—probably in part because they were into it. Plus, in general It just makes sense that professional team-sport athletes are going to be better at playing a game than any other contestants.

Anyway, it was LOL funny at times.

The Paul family were better players, but the Curry family won because Steph didn't miss even one.

 

ETA: Confirmed that professional team-sport athletes are the best Feud contestants when watching "Inside the NBA vs. MLB All-Stars and Rashad Jennings vs. Team Eve" yesterday evening. They at least give it a shot when it's their turn—often with hilarious results.

Edited by shapeshifter.
3

Share Post


Link to post

Did anyone else see the episode tonight with Sherri Sheppard?  Either she was very drunk or she's really THAT stupid!  She probably still believes the earth is flat! Ugh.

1

Share Post


Link to post
2 hours ago, MsTree said:

Did anyone else see the episode tonight with Sherri Sheppard?  Either she was very drunk or she's really THAT stupid!  She probably still believes the earth is flat! Ugh.

And/or being on a game show with a 3 second buzzer made her nervous. —Like maybe she had a couple of drinks to relax because she was so nervous. Anyway, I forgave her when she cried when her final answer won the maximum money for the charity.

Edited by shapeshifter.
0

Share Post


Link to post

I really hate how Steve usually seems to have a preference for one of the families and spends all his time on their side.  If I were the Ziering family, I would've felt very slighted.  All of my Ian Ziering knowledge that I MAY have had left my brain when I stopped watching 90210 in the 90's, but is he adopted?  Only asking because he looks NOTHING like his brothers!  

Sherri didn't bother me.  I think I've only watched her on Trial and Error, where I find her hilarious.  I also know nothing about her personally, so I thought some of the answers and reactions were pretty funny.  Steve, as usual, took it too far.  

1

Share Post


Link to post

If you had seen Sherri on The View, you'd know that nothing makes her nervous. In fact, she was the most talkative...and loud, which is why I believe something with her was "off" last night.

2

Share Post


Link to post
1 hour ago, MsTree said:

If you had seen Sherri on The View, you'd know that nothing makes her nervous. In fact, she was the most talkative...and loud, which is why I believe something with her was "off" last night.

I've only seen 10 minute snippets of The View while home from work grabbing a quick lunch.
So it's not possible she was really nervous about the Feud format? I always think I'd freeze if I was a contestant.
Did she talk about her Feud experience on The View at the next taping?

0

Share Post


Link to post
On 7/16/2018 at 3:01 AM, shapeshifter said:

Anyway, I forgave her when she cried when her final answer won the maximum money for the charity.

I think she's just bad at this game. Plenty of people are. But I also thought it was really sweet how she cried at the end. She seemed so overwhelmed and upset because she thought she'd fucked it up, so then when they won anyway she was gobsmacked. It was nice. It bugs me when celebs go on these shows for charity and do a shitty job and seem not to care as long as they were funny. She really cared about the money for charity, so she's cool with me on the game-show front. It seemed like a really genuine moment.

1

Share Post


Link to post
37 minutes ago, theatremouse said:

I think she's just bad at this game. Plenty of people are. But I also thought it was really sweet how she cried at the end. She seemed so overwhelmed and upset because she thought she'd fucked it up, so then when they won anyway she was gobsmacked. It was nice. It bugs me when celebs go on these shows for charity and do a shitty job and seem not to care as long as they were funny. She really cared about the money for charity, so she's cool with me on the game-show front. It seemed like a really genuine moment.

I get what you're saying and i feel the same way. I appreciate when a celebrity gives it their all even when the prize money is not for them personally. HOWEVER, I felt Sherri was risking her chance of even going to the bonus round by trying to get a laugh most of the time with the silly answers she was giving (cut off his penis). I like Sherri, but I felt she was being over the top.

0

Share Post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now