Lara Spencer: Smiling at Antler-Topped Jewelry Boxes is a Skill, Dammit

She's such a bad match for this show. What value does a celebrity gossiper add? The fact that she knows how to use that delivery voice and cadence that every celebrity gossiper uses? Hire someone who can do more than point to an iPad where a PA found a similar item on eBay.

Share Post

I heard Lara say shopping at Flea markets is a love of hers. Didn't she have another show where she helped people decorate their homes? I think she probably pitched her hobby/interest and got a show out of it.

Share Post

Thanks to HGTV's penchant for morning reruns, Lara's other show was "I brake for yard sales" which is showing right now. She takes yard sale stuff and decorates a room in someone's house.

Share Post

I like Lara more than not.  She obviously has a personal interest in flea markets/yard sales/antiques/refurbishing/decorating (she's published at least one book on the subject).  Plenty of times she's managed to talk some team of idiots out of completely destroying a beautiful old piece of furniture by cutting it up or sponge painting it or committing some other atrocity.  Not often enough, but she clearly is in this for more than just another hosting job.

Share Post

I would love to go to these yard sales they use. The stuff looks awesome. Granted, a lot of it could be staged but there does seem to be thousands of vendors there. So, the odds have to better than the neighborhood yards sale, right? Unfortunately, I'm in Philly and most the ones they show are upstate and in Connecticut or somewhere up there. LOL!!!!

Share Post

Hate Laara. Boring, run-of-the-mill, broadcaster who smiles too much at stupid, nonfunny stuff. I dont see any talent there, compared to the real old makeover artists like Christopher Lowell, or any others. 

The projects are painted crap with ridiculously high prices, the buyers which I suspect are just for the camera.  

The show would be better if they just walked a camera around the flea market so we cd see cool, original stuff.

Share Post

1 hour ago, Tosia said:

Hate Laara. Boring, run-of-the-mill, broadcaster who smiles too much at stupid, nonfunny stuff. I dont see any talent there, compared to the real old makeover artists like Christopher Lowell, or any others. 

The projects are painted crap with ridiculously high prices, the buyers which I suspect are just for the camera.  

The show would be better if they just walked a camera around the flea market so we cd see cool, original stuff.

By now the buyers know about the show & what they (the designers) probably spent. So, I can't see spending $200-$300 dollars on these presented items. That said, today's "winners" won by $8. That's gotta be a record for this show. I actually didn't realize it was on. My DVR season pass taped it because it was new. I thought the show had been cancelled. LOL!!!

Share Post

35 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

My DVR season pass taped it because it was new. I thought the show had been cancelled. LOL!!!

There have been new ones on for several weeks now, my Tivo picked them up or I never would have known. But that's not to say they've been all that different.

Share Post

I like Lara. She is pretty and has a cute personality. And she was on a re-do show that I am too lazy to look up the name of now that indicated she does have a passion for flea markets/garage sales and then decorated with said purchases. It was an okay series, whatever it was called. All that said, if the camera adds weight, then I worry about her. I've thought this for a long time and have been hesitant to post. I hate fat shaming and I am afraid I am going to come across as skinny shaming, but I just watched the August 7 episode of FMF and her tiny legs and thighs were sticks. Overall, her frame is looking frail to me. I sincerely apologize if anyone is offended by my post and maybe Lara just naturally is super lean but I hope she doesn't get any "leaner" if that makes sense. 

Share Post

I Brake for Yard Sales?

44 minutes ago, Spunkygal said:

I like Lara. She is pretty and has a cute personality. And she was on a re-do show that I am too lazy to look up the name of now that indicated she does have a passion for flea markets/garage sales and then decorated with said purchases. It was an okay series, whatever it was called. All that said, if the camera adds weight, then I worry about her. I've thought this for a long time and have been hesitant to post. I hate fat shaming and I am afraid I am going to come across as skinny shaming, but I just watched the August 7 episode of FMF and her tiny legs and thighs were sticks. Overall, her frame is looking frail to me. I sincerely apologize if anyone is offended by my post and maybe Lara just naturally is super lean but I hope she doesn't get any "leaner" if that makes sense. 

Lara has gotten much thinner since she split from her husband. Could be stress.

Share Post

I see that Lara is having hip replacement surgery on Saturday and may be out for six months. Best wishes for a quick recovery. 

Share Post

I don't often watch Flea Market Flip because of the eye-roll factor. And I kinda' hate when they "repurpose" some perfectly nice little vintage item into something godawful. 

I don't think I'd heard of I Brake for Yard Sales but still remembered her from something other than her morning "news" gigs and turns out she was also briefly on Antiques Roadshow.

Hope her surgery and recovery go well. Seems young, under fifty.

Edited by NewDigs.

Share Post

Watched a bunch of the shows on HGTV this weekend and repurposing items truly seems to be her passion. She also redid Kathy Griffin's mid-century Hollywood hillside house. Not my favorite but she does have a certain natural knack for it.

Share Post

On 8/9/2016 at 8:49 PM, Lola16 said:

Lara has gotten much thinner since she split from her husband. Could be stress.

Ooh, she's single?  (I'm with @Spunkygal, I think she's pretty and has a cute personality.)

Share Post

I saw a months old People or one of those at the beauty parlor...apparently Lara is engaged.  

Share Post

I wonder where she gets her clothes.  I really like some of them.

Share Post

9 hours ago, edie3 said:

I wonder where she gets her clothes.  I really like some of them.

She certainly knows how to show off her long nice legs!

I love her necklaces.  She has several that I have coveted for YEARS. 

Share Post