Chit-Chat

3 hours ago, emma675 said:

Has anyone heard from Riley lately?

No...

Edited by AgentRXS.

Share Post

7 hours ago, emma675 said:

Has anyone heard from Riley lately?

I've been wondering that myself.  Her last post on PTV was September 19th.  Prayers and candles.

Share Post

We went to see Hamilton last night here in Charlotte. Amazing show! It opened here in early October and runs through this weekend. They had a lottery for tickets, a friend of the GF got 4 tickets, and her husband scored another 2, so they sold that pair to us. Not cheap, but worth it! At the end of the show, when the cast came out to take their bows, the actor playing King George made a pitch for donations to the Broadway Cares non-profit organization, then said "I have one more favor to ask of you: next Tuesday, go vote!"

Share Post

Question: If you were to start a TV-based blog (inspiration from PTV and, to a lesser extend, TWOP) what would the first post be? I have maybe a dozen different topics I want to write about but am not sure what to write first! I already have an "About Me" page that lists the shows I am interested in and will most likely be writing about. Any thoughts would be helpful, thanks!

On a more general note, I am so happy it's Friday. Thursday is always a very busy day for me. Work, then errands, doing my civic duty (voting) and then a nice coffee date with a close friend. Came home and got ready for my two hour TV watch. While watching a show on NBC, I saw a promo for Jimmy Fallon Live which included Jessica Biel and Justin Timberlake. Was too tired to stay up for that, though. Also, for some reason, I'm not all that crazy about Jimmy Fallon! Am I the only one feeling this way?

Share Post

39 minutes ago, JNM5505 said:

Also, for some reason, I'm not all that crazy about Jimmy Fallon! Am I the only one feeling this way?

No, I've never really been a fan of his, I rarely watch any of his late night show.

Share Post

He’s always struck me as the kid in school who was funny(ish) but the desperation to be liked & the center of attention was a little too obvious.  

Not a fan of much of his comedy nor his late show - too fawning, but I’m never convinced it is sincere.

Share Post

Fallon seemed inoffensive on SNL, but I'm a Stephen Colbert girl.

Share Post

There is a high of 70 degrees today with 54% humidity and the sky is bright blue.  So, I'm taking advantage of the beautiful weather to work in the yard.  I'm getting another flower bed cleaned out.  I'm just about out of energy now, but I would really like to get at least one big bed cleared, so I'm going back outside.  I think we're supposed to get some rain tomorrow (definitely on Monday), so this might be my last chance until next weekend (I had been doing some work after work some days, but the time change this weekend will put a stop to that, since it will be dark when I leave work each day).

Share Post

I recently bought the Shark vacuum from BBB thanks to the recs here.  I am very impressed with how it works.  The online price was cheaper (approx. $20) so I used the order online, pickup in store option, and then I also used the 20% off coupon.  Thanks for the recommendation.  It was SO NICE to not have to do my own research!

ETA: I also got gift cards for BBB from Kroger prior to the purchase for gas points.  :)

i bought some other gift cards as well.  Anyway, we filled the tank for $1 off per gallon.

Edited by Scatterbrained.

Share Post

Divine Intervention Oil

Flipping thru the channels and came across the *Robyn Davis Ministries on a religious channel.

They were encouraging people to call their 800 number to receive a free bottle  of "Divine Intervention Oil"

The line was to "anoint yourself/house/friends with this oil to ward off witchcraft/evil spirits"

OMG!!!!!     Are they serious ?!!!!!!!!!

The bottle is free with no shipping cost ,etc

Edited by stillhere1900.

Share Post

4 hours ago, stillhere1900 said:

Divine Intervention Oil

Flipping thru the channels and came across the *Robyn Davis Ministries on a religious channel.

They were encouraging people to call their 800 number to receive a free bottle  of "Divine Intervention Oil"

The line was to "anoint yourself/house/friends with this oil to ward off witchcraft/evil spirits"

OMG!!!!!     Are they serious ?!!!!!!!!!

The bottle is free with no shipping cost ,etc

Several years ago I was flipping through channels and came upon a different televangelist, but it was pretty much the same spiel.  The difference was that you got holy water along with the oil.  I'm not a fan of TV preachers, so I decided to order a free supply to waste a bit of their time and postage costs.  When it arrived, Mr. M read the enclosed solicitation letter in a hilarious, televangelist tone of voice and then the paper shredder had a nice snack.  

However, we began to get several mailings from the "ministry" every week.  I had walked right into their trap to get another name and address for their mailing list.  Even the outsides of the envelopes were printed with solicitations for money, and many of them needed my URGENT attention.  I didn't open most of them, but the gist of the materials I did read was that I owed money to the Lord and they were His registered agent.  They would accept a small amount, but if I wanted a big, mind blowing miracle, I needed to send a big, mind blowing sacrificial gift.  Clearly, the only obstacle between me and fame and fortune was the fact that I hadn't given this ministry any money.  Oops, I mean I hadn't give the good Lord any money.

The way the materials are written, the "urgency" isn't that the ministry wants your money.  Of course not.  These matters are urgent because YOU need to pay up to receive YOUR miracle and blessings.  Looking at sickness, divorce, financial problems?  Make a sacrificial donation and let the miracles and blessings begin!  Vulnerable people fall for this tactic and they know it.  They would take a senior citizen's entire SS check and not think twice about it.  

After a while, the number of letters began to decrease, but they never did stop completely.  Every now and then, one still lands in our mailbox.  I'm guessing all of their money comes from low income people in desperate need and senior citizens.  What kind of person can do this and still sleep at night?

Edited by MonicaM. Reason: Accidentally submitted too soon

Share Post

19 hours ago, MonicaM said:

Several years ago I was flipping through channels and came upon a different televangelist, but it was pretty much the same spiel.  The difference was that you got holy water along with the oil.  I'm not a fan of TV preachers, so I decided to order a free supply to waste a bit of their time and postage costs.  When it arrived, Mr. M read the enclosed solicitation letter in a hilarious, televangelist tone of voice and then the paper shredder had a nice snack.  

However, we began to get several mailings from the "ministry" every week.  I had walked right into their trap to get another name and address for their mailing list.  Even the outsides of the envelopes were printed with solicitations for money, and many of them needed my URGENT attention.  I didn't open most of them, but the gist of the materials I did read was that I owed money to the Lord and they were His registered agent.  They would accept a small amount, but if I wanted a big, mind blowing miracle, I needed to send a big, mind blowing sacrificial gift.  Clearly, the only obstacle between me and fame and fortune was the fact that I hadn't given this ministry any money.  Oops, I mean I hadn't give the good Lord any money.

The way the materials are written, the "urgency" isn't that the ministry wants your money.  Of course not.  These matters are urgent because YOU need to pay up to receive YOUR miracle and blessings.  Looking at sickness, divorce, financial problems?  Make a sacrificial donation and let the miracles and blessings begin!  Vulnerable people fall for this tactic and they know it.  They would take a senior citizen's entire SS check and not think twice about it.  

After a while, the number of letters began to decrease, but they never did stop completely.  Every now and then, one still lands in our mailbox.  I'm guessing all of their money comes from low income people in desperate need and senior citizens.  What kind of person can do this and still sleep at night?

It's pretty slick because it's not illegal to give away "divine intervention oil. (even the shipping is free) That way it can't be called a scam.

Share Post

There is an active school shooting situation about 15 miles up the road. We are getting continual coverage on the telly. So far no reports of injuries. They are diverting school buses to a local food store. Hopefully the shooter was thrawted before anyone got hurt. Sketchy news at this point because it’s happening as I write this. I pray this will be non-news. 

Share Post

3 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

Sketchy news at this point because it’s happening as I write this. I pray this will be non-news. 

Fortunately, it was a non-event - I guess people are jumpy these days, with good cause:

Reports of active shooter at NC school turn out to be malfunctioning water heater

HAMPSTEAD, N.C. — Authorities in North Carolina said a reported active shooter at a high school was actually a malfunctioning water heater.  Pender County Emergency Director Tom Collins told WECT-TV on Friday that a malfunctioning water heater at Topsail High School was believed to cause a gunfire noise that led to reports of an active shooter.  Capt. James Rowell with the Pender County Sheriff's Office said there were no immediate reports of injuries Friday.

Pender County Schools said it was "taking all precautions" and its campuses on the eastern side of the county were on lockdown. It told staff at Topsail Elementary, Topsail Middle and Topsail High to report to Lowe's Foods in a tweet.

Share Post

I'm twitching because of the dangling modifier in that last sentence.

Edited by bilgistic.

Share Post

1 hour ago, bilgistic said:

I'm twitching because of the dangling modifier in that last sentence.

I know - I don't think the staff of those three schools will fit in one tweet.  It will be like the 7 Train!

Share Post

Even when the annual slew of wildfires aren't near my parents' house (I'm far enough down from the hills that I'm never - <knocking on wood> - under evacuation), they make me anxious.  I want people to get out safely, of course, and my heart goes out to those who lose their homes - yes, it's just "stuff" and it's insured, but that's your home, no insurance can cover sentimental value, and it's still a financial and logistical mess while the process works itself out.  And then there are the animals.  Pets left behind.  Livestock unable to be evacuated (people usually have more horses and such than they have trailers, and there's always an admirable effort to provide trailers, barn/pasture space, etc. but things happen fast, canyon roads clog easily, and animals run out of time).  The wild animals who lose their lives and habitats and we never even hear about it. 

I always get in my head about it and can't get out for a while.

I have to concentrate on stories like the one of a woman who didn't have a trailer for her 20-year-old pony, couldn't find any nearby evacuees who had room, so she just put her pony on a lead and had her trot alongside the car as they made their way towards safety.  A little over a mile later, a couple evacuating four dogs, three horses, two parrots, and a pig stopped and squished the pony into their trailer and headed on to an evacuation center.

I also love seeing all the fire departments in unaffected areas of the state (and even nearby states, often) send crews and equipment to help.  I was watching the news as a fire truck from Palm Springs pulled up and protected a home that was in danger from one of the many spot fires created by winds carrying embers not just from one house to another, but from one block to another.  Fire-fighting crews are stretched so thin, and northern CA needs just as much help; resource management is a major issue, and I appreciate these folks so much. 

Edited by Bastet.

Share Post

I think Walnut Queen is in California, too. Can our Cali folks check in and let us know you're safe?

Share Post

IIRC, she's in the San Diego area, which is not currently on fire (of course, this time of year in CA and with Santa Ana winds, wait a minute and that could change).  And Maharincess is in the Bay Area; the northern CA fire is near Chico (a few hours north and inland). 

Share Post

My mom's friend's daughter and her family had to evacuate around 4:00 a.m. Friday (to my mom's friend's house), and today they were able to confirm their house was untouched (but they can't stay there yet, because the smoke is so strong [I can only imagine, because I can't take a deep breath outside at my house]).  There's no internet access at the house because of various lines and towers being knocked out (they do have power) and the kids - I believe there are three, and the ages are probably from 8-15 - are so discombobulated by this that tomorrow the daughter and her husband are taking them to Disneyland so they "have something to do."  My mom's friend, of course, pointed out the myriad things there are to do in the house (she's always disgusted by how they don't play with anything that isn't on a touch pad), but is also glad to get them all out of her hair -- that's a lot of extra people in the house.

It would be one thing if it was about them being cooped up indoors because of the smoke, or if there were no toys/books/movies at Grandma and Grandpa's, but those kids would be perfectly happy indoors for days so long as they could be glued to their devices.  But instead of playing board games or something, the kids have gotten so twitchy with iWhatever withdrawal they have to be taken to an amusement park for distraction.  Where they will probably walk around staring at their phones.

The daughter is several years older than I am, and also an only child; she got a bedroom and a separate playroom (my mean ol' parents used our third bedroom as an office/guest room <g>) -- I loved playing at that house when we were kids, and would sometimes play in there even when she wasn't home while my mom and her friend visited.  But now the playroom collects dust, I guess.  

Share Post

Proof no. 10000 that I am old -I'm watching CBS Sunday Morning right now. Proof no. 10001, Roger Daltry of The Who now looks like Tony Bennett. 

Share Post

I’m horrified by the news in California about the wildfires. Do y’all have a fire extinguisher in your house? It won’t stop a massive attack like they are having,  but it can save your home. They make great Christmas presents folks. 

Fire Prevention. 

Share Post

Just stopping by to wish everyone Happy Holidays! Things in the Fishbowl are getting pretty crazy -- nothing life-threatening, just more to do than I have time to do it in. Y'all take care!

Share Post

I think I asked a few weeks ago about the places for ordering glasses online.

I looked into it further and found some good reviews on Warby Parker.  When I went to there site I found out they have some brick & mortar stores and one happens to be a couple of miles away from me.  I checked them out and found they had a decent selection of frames, including a fair number made for those of us with a low nose bridge.  The prices are good too - frames with prescription lenses (nothing fancy) were mostly priced at $95.  Add another $100 for transition lenses and maybe $25 for high index (thinner lenses for higher prescriptions).  My daughter's were about the same because she is still eligible for the 18 and under pricing.

That was at least $100+ less expensive for my son's glasses than what we had priced out at a few other places.  I normally have 2 pair made - one regular and one pair of sunglasses, but I am trying transition for the first time so that was less expensive for me (although I am having trouble adjusting to transitions from straight sunglasses - it is weird to have to wait for the adjustment).

As an added bonus, the new glasses come with a pretty nice case - far nicer than most normal places - and they (case & glasses) come in a really nice box.

I'm not sure I would have done it if I had to do online ordering.  Too cautious about eye & vision things.

Share Post

I'm taking an informal poll on how y'all pay bills. I pay through each biller's website, having them draft the money from my checking account. I have all of my regular bills (rent, power, phone, cable/internet) set up on auto-pay so I don't have to do anything each month. I also don't get paper statements.

My sister says this is "old school". (This is the same sister who says I'm "weird and old-fashioned" for not wanting a recruiter to text me.) I bank with a state credit union that only within the last year got automated check readers in their ATMs, so they aren't terribly advanced. They mail actual paper checks if I pay bills through them. I trust that I won't be hacked online at various sites paying bills more than I trust the USPS getting several paper checks to the right destinations.

How is it "old school" to have one's bank account debited to pay bills? I'm seriously confounded by this.

Share Post

I'm taking an informal poll on how y'all pay bills.

I put everything on my credit card - not auto-pay, though; I go to the websites each month, make sure everything is kosher on my online statement, and then pay online via that card - and then pay that one big bill via a check from a money market account, deposited at the Citibank ATM near my house, so I get a dated receipt with an image of the check. 

So I, too, fail to understand your sister's characterization - to me, "old school" is paper statements and checks mailed.  Does she use apps and bitcoin or something?

Edited by Bastet.

Share Post

I do auto-pay for all of my bills except my rent which I'm forced to pay by check.

Share Post

33 minutes ago, Bastet said:

I put everything on my credit card - not auto-pay, though; I go to the websites each month, make sure everything is kosher on my online statement, and then pay online via that card - and then pay that one big bill via a check from a money market account, deposited at the Citibank ATM near my house. 

So I, too, fail to understand your sister's characterization - to me, "old school" is paper statements and checks mailed.  Does she use apps and bitcoin or something?

This is what I don't get. I'm fairly sure she still gets actual paper bills in the mail (and doesn't recycle them or anything else despite living a mile from a city recycling center, since I'm being judgmental). Her logic is that she only has to go to one site (her bank's website) to pay her bills and she's not at risk for hacking by putting her bank's info on various billers' sites. Good for her if that's how she wants to do it, but it's not wrong to do it my or any other way.

Your mentioning paying by credit card made me rethink and realize I actually pay the phone and cable/internet bills via credit card. So, rent, power and health insurance are coming from checking only because I can't pay them (no option to pay) via credit card, or I would have, to get cash back rewards. I pay off the credit card balance every month.

37 minutes ago, partofme said:

I do auto-pay for all of my bills except my rent which I'm forced to pay by check.

Do you pay through your bank or through each biller? That is, do you pay your cell phone bill at Verizon online or AT&T or whatever OR have your bank send money from your account?

Share Post

1 minute ago, bilgistic said:

So, rent, power and health insurance are coming from checking only because I can't pay them (no option to pay) via credit card, or I would have, to get cash back rewards. I pay off the credit card balance every month.

Rent I could understand if you were dealing with an independent landlord, but isn't it a property management company situation for you?  That, as well as power and health insurance, being big companies/government agencies, should be payable via credit card in this day and age!  I, too, pay my credit card balance in full each month; I simply like the convenience of using it for almost everything -- easily reviewable, just one big check per month, and I get rewards.

Shifting gears, my mom and I just coordinated Thanksgiving plans, and we are both of the "I hate how early it falls this year" mindset.  My parents leave Sunday, but I don't join them until Wednesday; itll be a very busy Monday and Tuesday that I'm a little stressed thinking about.  We're heading into this year's trip thankful, though - my mom's calcium level was slightly elevated at her last check-up, and since bone cancer is one of the potential causes of that, her oncologist is on high alert for any signs of additional metastasis, and bones are the most-common site of metastasis for breast cancer, she had to have a bone scan this week, but it showed no evidence of cancer.  So we just monitor the calcium level and, if it continues to increase, test for the other (relatively harmless) causes and treat as needed.  I love how proactive her oncologist is (and how she's allowed to be by the insurance company, which should be the norm, not cause for praise; fuck our country's system and its fundamental problems despite ACA improvements) -- anything pops up that might be another cancer, and there's no monitoring or ruling out less-expensive causes first; she immediately tests for cancer, so that if it is, she can start treatment.  If not, then she waits and sees.

I will endeavor to keep this perspective if the weather forecast holds and next week does indeed turn to shit.  Cold temperatures (or "cold" to many of you, since I'm used to sunny 70s and this would be cloudy 60s) I can handle, but if we get any kind of prolonged rain and I am stuck in a motorhome for big chunks of time with my parents ... I love them, and even generally like them, but I don't want to spend that kind of confined closeness with anyone who doesn't have four legs and fur!  Plus, I am used to lots of outdoor time at Thanksgiving - hiking, walking the shoreline, a campfire each night, and lots of reading/napping in the sun - only going inside to watch football, eat, and sleep.  We had to stay home last year, and I don't know how many more of these traditional camping trips (started when I was seven - many, many moons ago) we have in our future, so I will be bummed if it's rained out.  At least if that happens, we have the motorhome, not a tent!  Again, perspective.  I really do have it.  But I also hope for scattered showers at worst.

Share Post

I use autopay from my checking account / debit card for most of my regular bills - cable/internet , telephone, power, auto loan, but I do check them regularly to insure they didn't over/under bill me.  I pay my rent manually but electronically on their site.  I do have to mail a paper check for my health insurance.

27 minutes ago, Bastet said:

Rent I could understand if you were dealing with an independent landlord, but isn't it a property management company situation for you?  That, as well as power and health insurance, being big companies/government agencies, should be payable via credit card in this day and age!

With my property management company, you can pay electronically using your checking account at no extra charge, but if you use a credit card, there is a "convenience fee" - I don't remember how much it is, since I've never used the credit card.

Share Post

1 hour ago, Bastet said:

Rent I could understand if you were dealing with an independent landlord, but isn't it a property management company situation for you?  That, as well as power and health insurance, being big companies/government agencies, should be payable via credit card in this day and age!  I, too, pay my credit card balance in full each month; I simply like the convenience of using it for almost everything -- easily reviewable, just one big check per month, and I get rewards.

My apartment complex ownership/management uses what appears to be a generic property-management web portal that allows only checking account debiting, not credit card payments. Same with power and health insurance. The insurance payment (COBRA) is actually managed by a third-party biller. I, too, don't understand why they don't accept credit card payments. An individual person can swipe credit cards on their smartphone now. That's how I pay my therapist!

Edited by bilgistic.

Share Post

@bilgistic, I re-read your first post twice to make sure I understood, and still can't figure out how what you do is old school. It sounds perfectly modern to me. I pay some most utility bills through my bank's bill pay feature, and a my cell phone and subscriptions (Netflix, etc.) through autopay tied to my credit card. Mortgage is auto-deducted by my credit union (so easy when when the mortgage and bank account are at the same institution). It probably takes me a grand total of 5 minutes a month to pay my bills. My old-school habit is still using Quicken to track all of my spending. I've thought about Mint or something similar, but I don't enough to change. 

Share Post

10 hours ago, bilgistic said:

I'm taking an informal poll on how y'all pay bills. 

I pay bills through my bank or the company website depending how close I am to the due-date (and if I can remember my login for the utility website). I am not a fan of auto-pay after having some incorrect payments drafted but xfinity gives a discount so they are the only one I have on auto-pay.

8 hours ago, Moose135 said:

With my property management company, you can pay electronically using your checking account at no extra charge, but if you use a credit card, there is a "convenience fee" - I don't remember how much it is, since I've never used the credit card.

My apartment complex has online payment but they charge a chunk if you use a credit card instead of drafting from a bank account. I'm sure the 'fee' is to recoup what they are charged plus some. The only time I've used a credit card to pay my rent is when I'm trying to hit a dollar amount for miles. The $15 or so I'd pay in fees (over the course of 3 months) is still less than the airfare I'd pay cash for w/o those miles.

Share Post

I use the electronic bill paying feature on my checking account and issue the payments on paydays. Netflix and charitable donations go through Paypal and I pay off the credit card on every payday. However, now I might look into putting everything on the credit card to get reward points. Why didn't I think of that?

Share Post

I have utilities set up for auto-pay generally speaking linked to the checking account, although I think maybe one of them is set up to go through the debit card.

It's not a bad idea to run everything through a credit card with rewards on it as long as I don't use that card for anything else but utilities and then have that card set up to auto-pay the total amount every month. (I'm a big fan of auto-pay just to avoid the whole issue of me needing to remember to pay for things that could get shut off or charge me late fees. I've got enough shit to remember and deal with every day.)

I do not have my credit cards set to auto pay, but I do have them send me texts and emails reminding me when they are due.

Share Post

@bilgistic - In theory, I can see the ease of doing all the billpay on the credit union site so you just have to log into 1 site (I'm like @theredhead77 and tend to forget my various log ins) but I'm sure it isn't something for anyone to get judge-y about.  And if you're CU still sends paper checks, you need to make sure that you've got things timed right for the various payments so you don't get hit with late fees.  On that basis alone, I'd go to the provider's portal to pay directly.

Has your sister always been this judge-y or is this new behavior? 

I have one bank account that is solely for paying regular bills.  Somethings I have auto-pay set up through the provider, some from the bank account but there really is no logic behind which way things are set up.

That said, I love utilities that offer level pay plans. 

Share Post

25 minutes ago, DeLurker said:

I love utilities that offer level pay plans. 

I need to better understand level pay plans. Multiple people suggested I move to a level pay plan for my electric bill and and now that I've been here a year I can. I just don't see how I'll come out ahead, or even break even on it. My summer bills were insane but my winter bills are barely $40. I'd rather budget better for the summer and have the extra $$ for the winter. I also play the "let's see if I can get my bill lower than last month" game.

Share Post

The benefit of level pay to me is that it keeps more of my bills consistent which is just easier for me from a money management perspective.  Like you, my electric bill can spike pretty significantly in the summer/fall (because summer hasn't been willingly letting go of it's grip) and then the gas bill will spike in the cooler months providing it is consistently cool enough to run the heat.

Share Post

The benefit of level payments is that you have the same amount to pay every month, all year around, regardless of use in any given month. At the end of the cycle, you might have extra to pay for that one month to zero out the cycle, or you might pay nothing at all, or in some cases you might accrue a credit into the next cycle. It's just about predictability of payments 11 out of 12 months.

Share Post

1 hour ago, theredhead77 said:

I need to better understand level pay plans. Multiple people suggested I move to a level pay plan for my electric bill and and now that I've been here a year I can. I just don't see how I'll come out ahead, or even break even on it. My summer bills were insane but my winter bills are barely $40. I'd rather budget better for the summer and have the extra $$ for the winter. I also play the "let's see if I can get my bill lower than last month" game.

I had to laugh at this, my situation is the exact opposite.  My summer bills are pretty low (though a lot more than $40) but my winter bills are insane. We have the heat turned off except for the rooms we are actually in (living room and art studio in the daytime, turning it on in the kitchen in the afternoon/evening, and bedroom at night).   We still have ridiculously high bills in the winter.   I don't do the level pay plan, since it does give me an incentive to try to lower the bills in the winter.  In the summer, we use the whole house fan to cool the house off during the night time, and try not to turn on the air conditioning until late afternoon, when the house has gotten uncomfortably warm. 

Share Post

Yeah, my sister can be judgey! I love her a lot but I have to pick my battles with her.

It seems we have a fairly even split between the bank bill payers and the biller bill payers, and some that do both. No one is insisting their way is best. Heh.

I use the equal payment plan with my power bill so I know what it'll be all year round. The power company apparently over-estimated my use last year because I just got three "free" months where I'm not having to pay anything! It's been very nice. It'll be $60ish when it starts again next month.

Share Post

I use the equal payment plan with my power bill so I know what it'll be all year round. The power company apparently over-estimated my use last year because I just got three "free" months where I'm not having to pay anything! It's been very nice. It'll be $60ish when it starts again next month.

I had looked at that late last year or early this year - with the amount they wanted for balanced billing, I would have had 2 1/2 months free.  Looking a the past 12 months, I would have come out about 1/3 of a month free - I think long, hot summer drove my numbers up.  I may need to look at it going forward.

Share Post

I have a question about LED xmas tree lights.  We just bought a tree from Home Depot.  You can switch it from clear lights to colored lights by a foot pedal. I like colored lights but they need to have plenty of those rosey pink lights (and no red or orange lights, please).  Does anyone know where I can buy these replacement lights in pink?  Has anyone done this?  I can't get to the tree cause it's in a carton and won't be removed until next weekend (weights a ton and I don't want my husband doing any more lifting of it than needed).  If I can't find those soft pink lights, I'll just keep the lights clear (which to me is boring but so many people like the clear lights).  TIA.

Share Post