Cast Members in Other Roles

So I just got back from Mad Max. Melissa Jaffer, Noranti, has a notable role. Not the first Farscape castmember in the series, either. Virginia Hey was in 2, the Road Warrior. Both series being Aussie productions, there's probably a few other smaller roles here and there.

Further IMDBing reveals that Hugh Keays-Byrne, the lead villain in both this and the first Max, was Grunchlk! He's good at being bad.

Edited by Joe.

Share Post

"Confinement" looks quite similar to the movie "Contagion," judging from the trailer.

Share Post

Another main cast member. Jonathan Hardy was in the first Max. He's the weaslly official in the police captain's office, dressed in kendo gear.

Share Post

I was so happy to see Melissa Jaffer in Mad Max!  Playing essentially Noranti, really, what with the bad-assery and the seeds and all.

Apparently, the big bloated accountant guy with the feet was one of Zhaan's Delvian colleagues too.

Share Post

Oh, well, that's what one of my friends said.  I guess he was WRONG.

Share Post

Maybe your friend is right, and it just isn't listed. Ask him which episode, which character.

Share Post

Ben Browder is in Guardians of the Galaxy volume 2. It isn't a major role, sadly. I was thinking that one character looked like him, and turns out that it was! The whole movie felt a little Farscape-ish, really. Perhaps because it's so colourful and throws out all manner of weirdness, even more than Star Wars.

There's even a bit of similarity in the characters. John Crichton and Peter Quill, the Earthman out in the big bad universe. Aeryn and Gamora, the tough warrior woman. D'argo and Drax, the big warrior guy with a dead family. Rygel and Rocket, small, loudmouth, steals things. Zhann and Groot, both plants with a violent streak. Yeah, they're archetypes, but still.

And hey, I just found confirmation! Good to know.

Share Post

I haven't seen it yet but that's awesome that Ben Browder is in it. I had wished that he would get the role of Peter's father but I figured he wasn't a big enough name for that. When I saw the first one I thought it very Farscape like(but honestly nowhere near as weird) so am glad to see that confirmed. 

Share Post

Just saw Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 this weekend and forgot that you guys mentioned that Ben Browder was in it and let out a squeal of pure happiness as I recognized him immediately using his Peacekeeper voice.  Glad he's still getting work.

Share Post

I didn't realize Browder had the bit part in Guardians and was staring super hard at the High Priestess chick trying to figure out what I knew HER from (nothing, as it turns out) when he spoke and I was like, "Hey I know that fake Peacekeeper accent anywhere".  Ditto Joe on thinking the whole flick had a Scape feel to it, though, particularly comparing Pratt's Guardian's character to Crichton.  There's a bit with a destroyed walkman that really reinforced the vibe for me.  And then it dawned on me that Quill never got to see Farscape because he's been away from earth since the early 90s at the very latest.  Too bad; I think he'd dig the show.

Share Post

I recently discovered the Australian series "Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries" and was delight to recognize Tammy Macintosh by her voice. Even in the midst of all the other aussie accents I thought, "Is that Jool?!?" The series is set in the 20's and she plays a doctor. She is in about half the episodes.

Bonus: several episodes were directed by Tony Tilse.

Share Post