S01.E01: Wax Lion

I love this show so much I went to the LA Zoo to get a Wax Lion.  I found out that they had a machine there and the ticket people let me run in to make a wax lion for free (it was close to closing time).

My lion is blue and the face isn't smushed.

Best scene ever when Darrin asked Jaye when was the last time she had an orgasm.

Share Post

Aw, cool! Bryan Fuller sent me one of the prop lions when I was running SaveWonderfalls. We recently did a full show rewatch. I always wanted a brass monkey, but those weren't props; they were real bookends and I believe there were only ever two of them. 

I loved that intro to Jaye's family. It was perfect. You really got a sense of who they all were and how they related to each other, and their characterization didn't change in future episodes.

Share Post

I've seen bits of the show previously, but I started a full watch yesterday since the eps all seem to be up on Youtube. I'm loving it so far.

Share Post

Wow...this show is amazing. I had thought it would be too 'precious', bizarre and obnoxiously quirky for me (which may explain why it took me so ridiculously long to finally watch it!), and to some degree it is those things, but it just works so phenomenally well. I just love the characters, dialogue, and overall tone/themes/etc. It's like the best of Joan of Arcadia and Pushing Daisies rolled into one. I'm trying to talk myself out of buying the DVDs, but I can already tell it's a lost cause :) 

Share Post

If you liked the pilot, you'll like the rest of it; it's a consistent series with a good ending that wraps everything up in a satisfying way!

Share Post

On 2/16/2016 at 9:41 PM, amensisterfriend said:

Wow...this show is amazing. I had thought it would be too 'precious', bizarre and obnoxiously quirky for me (which may explain why it took me so ridiculously long to finally watch it!), and to some degree it is those things, but it just works so phenomenally well. I just love the characters, dialogue, and overall tone/themes/etc. It's like the best of Joan of Arcadia and Pushing Daisies rolled into one. I'm trying to talk myself out of buying the DVDs, but I can already tell it's a lost cause :) 

So, did you ever finish the show? What did you think of the other episodes?

Share Post

A decade later, the Wonderfalls boxed set is the home DVD purchase I'm most satisfied by.

Share Post