Show Discussion

On this morning's show, I enjoyed the segment about college a capella choirs.  I was a bit disappointed that there was no mention of "Straight No Chaser," which began at Indiana University in 1996.  I've been a fan for years.  There have been other examples in popular music - street corner groups, groups like The Nylons.  I think it's cool that a capella is enjoying some popularity now.

Share Post

I enjoyed the Judy Blume interview yesterday morning.  I was surprised to hear that when she's working on a book, she can't read other fiction because it undermines her self-confidence!

Share Post

Judy Blume came off as so likable in her interview, I felt a little guilty for absolutely hating the couple of her books that I read.  I almost want to give the new one a try, but guess I'll get it through the library in case I hate it, too. 

Share Post

I really wish this show would cut ties with Frank Luntz. He's a fraud. This morning they ran a focus group he did with folks about Trump and Muslims. The discussion was heated, sincere, and heart-felt. But it just made me uncomfortable that these people were exposing their hearts and minds to a charlatan who makes a lot of money exploiting such people. I wouldn't be surprised if he wound people up before the cameras start rolling just to get good TV.

Share Post

I can't believe how little activity this thread has.  Am I on the right site?  Because it is about news....every day.  If my comments are in the wrong place, sorry.  

I watched a clip (admitting I didn't watch the whole show) this morning where they were interviewing Mike Pence.  Forget whether you like him or not.  These people are hosts...on a news show.  I would think their job would be to ask pertinent questions.  Put aside the fact that I become enraged every time I see a bunch of (usually old white male) politicians discussing health care and what is best for all of us.  All of us.  All of us.  Because that cannot be repeated enough.

Why couldn't one of the hosts ask Pence (or any politician) how much he (usually a he) pays for health care.  What are the co-payments.  Is it family coverage.  What percentage of their income is spent on premiums.  And finally....what is so terrible about offering people affordable health care?  Why is it so wrong? Do they take campaign donations from insurance companies?  If yes, how much.  Is it the job of a television news/cable host to just lob softball questions and never ever ever hold an elected official accountable on tv ?   What are they afraid of?  Said official not coming back on the show?  No loss there. 

Share Post

17 hours ago, Kemper said:

I can't believe how little activity this thread has.  Am I on the right site?  Because it is about news....every day.  If my comments are in the wrong place, sorry.  

I watched a clip (admitting I didn't watch the whole show) this morning where they were interviewing Mike Pence.  Forget whether you like him or not.  These people are hosts...on a news show.  I would think their job would be to ask pertinent questions.  Put aside the fact that I become enraged every time I see a bunch of (usually old white male) politicians discussing health care and what is best for all of us.  All of us.  All of us.  Because that cannot be repeated enough.

Why couldn't one of the hosts ask Pence (or any politician) how much he (usually a he) pays for health care.  What are the co-payments.  Is it family coverage.  What percentage of their income is spent on premiums.  And finally....what is so terrible about offering people affordable health care?  Why is it so wrong? Do they take campaign donations from insurance companies?  If yes, how much.  Is it the job of a television news/cable host to just lob softball questions and never ever ever hold an elected official accountable on tv ?   What are they afraid of?  Said official not coming back on the show?  No loss there. 

I hear you, I watch this, too, but have to eye roll on the ridiculous softball questions from these so-called journalists. It is embarrassing to watch them fawn over celebrities and not ask pertinent questions (but I'm sure this is what they are told to do by their corporate overlords), or somehow insert themselves into the story. The politicians are the worst, the outright lies that go unchallenged, make me sick. This is what MSM has become no news, no real questions, just fluff.

Share Post

Gayle and Norah were not having any of it with Donna Brazile this morning. Charlie couldn't get a word in and sputtered when he finally did.

Best interview that I've seen with her on the book tour.

Share Post

Even a "real news" morning show like CBS This Morning knows the royal wedding is a ratings draw.  At least they just sent Gayle instead of the entire cast like Today did.

Share Post

Wonder if they'll mention the Les Moonves situation.

Share Post

On 7/27/2018 at 9:36 PM, WarnerCL45 said:

Wonder if they'll mention the Les Moonves situation.

They've been covering it to about the same extent as NBC News has, at least what I've seen of it. 

Share Post

I guess it was first day for Bianna Golodryga -- interesting they decided to bring on a fourth co-host, but I think she'll be a good addition. I like that there are 3 females to 1 male. 

Share Post