Boot vs. Henry: Battle of the Firehouse Mascots

In this corner, showing up out of the blue, the fuzzy ball of hair, Boot! In the other corner, the basset of deadpan, Henry!

We also welcome those who like both.

(Full disclosure: I like Henry best; there seemed to be more humor to be mined, like when Chet tried to teach Henry how to get into the doghouse.)

Share Post

I am an animal lover so I will have to say both.  Boot was adorable and Henry was so funny esp. with the way he just lay down on the coach, steal food from the guys, and his facial expressions.

Share Post

When I think back to watching the show as a kid I always remembered Boot.  I actually forgot another dog was brought in as a mascot !

Seeing the Henry eps I've become more partial to him.  Plus he had an additional purpose.  Chet used his  ears to polish the brass! 

Share Post

4 hours ago, JuliaJenkins said:

I remember Henry but not Boot. I had to look him up. Did they tell why they named him Boot? 

3b50d45fe377d2e8ed52af84a13755cf--adam--BQPsT-1458743263-2760-list_items-dogs_em

As with the LAPD a probationary firefighter in LACo FD is a "Boot". Our Boot here was a stray dog which was adopted by Station 51, as such in a probationary status before the crews decided to keep him rather than call Animal Control.

Share Post

1 hour ago, Raja said:

As with the LAPD a probationary firefighter in LACo FD is a "Boot". Our Boot here was a stray dog which was adopted by Station 51, as such in a probationary status before the crews decided to keep him rather than call Animal Control.

Thank you for the explanation. I was feeling sorry for the little guy not having a proper name but I can see now how they got his name. 

Share Post

When I was a kid and the show first run someone had told me Boot got his name due to his chewing up a pair of boots .  However I dont remember hearing it in the series proper or a shot of a guilty looking Boot gnawing on Johnny’s shoes (because you know it would be Johnny’s boots!!).

Share Post